Death Of Samantha Morgan Of “The Wall Of Death”.

She was defying death to make a living, zooming defiantly around the Wall Of Death. She was a beautiful woman, always with a big smile, even when riding the Wall. She was the unchallenged Motordrome Queen, the only remaining woman trick rider out of a handful of daredevils still riding the 90-degree walls. She had been crushed many times by her Indian 101, burned doing the double firewall stunt. Samantha Morgan known also as Sam Morgan Storm passed away April 24th at the age of 53 in her West Palm Beach farm due to complications from the numerous back injuries and broken bones she had sustained in her long illustrious career.  Sam was mentored by one of the original and most accomplished Drome riders ever, none other then the great Sonny Pelaquin, She was a runaway at age 11 and lived in several foster homes until she first met Sonny at the Dade County Youth Fair. After seeing him in his Wall Of Death Show she asked if girls could do this? At age 15, pretending she was 18, she became one of Sony Pelaquin’s crew members, then Sonny became her mentor and teached her the most dangerous tricks, like riding side saddle (upward split). She loved the taste of G force mixed with adrenaline. She was saying, “When I am on the Wall I feel free and it’s the only time when all my pains and the pains of this world go away”. She was inducted in 2006 in the Sturgis Hall Of Fame. She was a pioneer and will remain forever a role model for all motorcycling women. She will be missed by so many friends inside and outside the motorcycle industry. Sam, you understood French that you learned when immobilized 4 months in an hospital in France after a Wall injury. So, I am telling you: “Au Revoir”.

Life Celebration to be held on Saturday, May 24, at the VFW Hall from 2:00pm to 6:00pm, 1126 Clare Ave. West Palm Beach, Florida 33401. Food donations for this memorial are greatly appreciated.
If anyone would like to send flowers, cards or letters, please address them to: The Fraternal Order of Eagles, Attention: Thomas Cavanaugh, Secretary 2500 North Military Trail Suite 105, West Palm Beach, Florida 33409.

48 Responses to “Death Of Samantha Morgan Of “The Wall Of Death”.”

1. 1 Chris Callen (Source Editor) May 10th, 2008 at 12:52 am

There will never be another person in this world like Sammy. I’m lucky enough to have called her my friend. I’m fortunate to have shared simple times with this historical figure in motorcycling, times where we just sat in her trailer behind the wall and I’d listen while she played guitar. Her love for life and passion for motorcycling were only rivaled by here need to carry on the history of the Pelaquin family and the traditions of the motordrome.

Many times I’d find myself down in the dumps from the troubles of life and somehow a simple hour around Sam would lighten the load. She was that person for more people than anyone knew. She just had a way of reaching out to us all. She knew that every tramp on the road, everyone on the lot, every other performer, builder or biker at the events had a common bound. When I’d find myself alone at the end of the day, Sam had that way about her that made me feel like I had family on the road, no matter how far from home, she always had an open door and a good word.

I was on the salt with her at Bonneville when she made her record setting passes. I was there to share with her as she accepted her induction to the Sturgis Hall Of Fame. These were great achievements and she was very appreciative but the happiest I ever saw Morgan Storm was 15 feet above the wooden floor, riding the Wall Of Death for her fans.

The world is a better place, for me, having known this woman. Like many her gifts were so plenty I am at a loss for the words to fully describe them or the sorrow we all feel for this loss. I will simply say that a part of all we do will forever be changed without her company. Good Bye my friend.

2. 2 DJ CHOPPER GOD May 10th, 2008 at 7:24 am

I can’t believe I’m reading this…

3. 3 DJ CHOPPER GOD May 10th, 2008 at 7:30 am

God bless her!!!

4. 4 A 1 CYCLES May 10th, 2008 at 8:15 am

i feel bleesed and robbed i only met her once..blessed by meeting her she was amazing…and i feel robbed i never knew she lived 10 miles from me. i will be there to help with the celebration..just remeber live everday, no excuses, and follow your dreams

5. 5 rodent May 10th, 2008 at 8:28 am

Sammy was my friend

6. 6 ROGUE May 10th, 2008 at 9:01 am

All of our lives are going to have one less good thing in them with the loss of Sam.
    I am happy to say that I did know her and was very impressed with her as a person and by her tallents.
    I am sorry that I will not be able to attend the service for her in Florida as I have commited to be in Louisiana covering a event on that day.
    I will spend time with her in my thoughts that day and in the future.
    As much as I am saddened by her passing I will take comfort in knowing that she is no longer in pain and is in the place all good bikers go.
    There will be many there to welcome her. She will also stay here with us in our hearts and minds.
    Sam Ride As You Always Have. I will look forward to seeing you again when it is time

7. 7 Kiwi Mike Tomas May 10th, 2008 at 10:44 am

She was an original and carried on death defying stunts upon the famous late 20’s Indian 101 Scouts. Follow your dreams and live life to the fullest.

8. 8 Flash Demonet May 10th, 2008 at 12:26 pm

The Greatest Female Rider on the Wall
    Samantha “MORGAN STORM” Morgan may her memory live long in our hearts and minds. At a tender age this woman found the call of the wooden barrel, the love of her life. No matter how many times she fell or how bad she injured herself she always returned to the passion of her life. ready to pass along all the information that she could trying hard to help others learn the art of riding in the barrel. Hoping and praying that this extreme sport would continue. Her dream of having her own Drome again will never be realize, but the rest of us will ride on in her memory. She touch everyone who ever seen her ride with the infectious smile the crept across her face as she took her machine to the wall. The twinkle in her eyes as she threw dips in front of you the passion she had for all of the children that came to see her ride. Always ready for picture with young and old alike. ready to share her love for the wall to all that would listen to her stories like those told by the traveling gypsies of old. Her tales of life traveling with the carnivals where these thrill shows played years before motorcycle rallys. tales of lion dromes that some of us have never seen or will ever see again. Her pictures of the dromes of the 20s, 30s, 40s, all of the riders of that bygone era. Her passion for this dying sport will never be matched. She will be sorely missed by everyone who’s life she touched. Not only did she ride the wall she also piloted a few machines to Bonnieville Salt Flats records and a Sturgis Motorcycle Museum Hall of Fame Inductee and she rode a 1928 “101” indian Scout as a street bike which means she also did her on repairs.She was a singer, a writer, an artist she did glass etching such a talented person her memory will be honored everytime someone takes a machine to the wall. The love of all of her many friends is with her forever she will be missed by everyone, may her legacy live on forever in future riders as we continue to revive this almost forgotten sport.

9. 9 Cj Hanlon Guilty Customs May 10th, 2008 at 8:59 pm

I’m stunned! Absolutely stunned by reading this news. I had the opportunity many times to see her in her element and meet her periodically, and each of those times i did are and will continue to be memorable….what a great loss to this industry and to her fans worldwide! God bless you Samantha. May you rest in peace.

10. 10 ray c wheeler May 11th, 2008 at 1:34 am

Had the honor of meeting Samantha at the BUB races , bonneville salt flats .
    Seems that she set a record , possibly two , on an Indian motorcycle that year .

My heart felt condolences ,
    Ray c wheeler

11. 11 SANDRA D. May 11th, 2008 at 11:21 am

12. 12 Danny Varanne May 11th, 2008 at 5:46 pm

I knew Samantha in 1988, in Charleston sc. I came from From France to visit usa with friends, I saw this huge motordrome, I spoke with the crew, showed them my pics of my show in France, and the day after they gave me a bike to ride their wall. I stood a week doing shows with them, I ve learn to know Samantha’ personality. Thank you Samm for what you gave me., I rode in a guesbook a guy named her ” The queen of motordrome”, what else to say? She is an angel of motordrome now. All my respect, but ALL my respect goes to Samantha Morgan, the name that must never be forgotten, my god! With tears, Danny.

13. 13 "Big" Cyclesource Magazine May 11th, 2008 at 9:09 pm

Sam was the best, I remember the first time I met her at Daytona, the whole thing was amazing, it seems just like yesterday, that she was riding the top of the wall and snatching dollar bills from my lips. Always a smile always a kind word, Sam was a wonderful person, and will be missed, but thru the joy she shared with all of those who met her she will be rembered as a true friend, and an icon of the motorcycling world.
    Rest in Peace Sam

14. 14 Rollin May 12th, 2008 at 9:58 am

Rest in Peace Sam, there never was or never will be another like you.

15. 15 Berry May 12th, 2008 at 10:06 am

This loss will leave a very big hole in many, many hearts. Godspeed Sammy.

16. 16 BIKERPIC JACK May 12th, 2008 at 11:59 am

After reading all of the above, I now more than ever wish that I had met her. What a lady… I would like to do an image tribute to her on my site so if anyone knows a contact that I can speak with, I would appreciate that. Thanks Cyril, you wrote a nice article.

17. 17 IDUTRI2 May 12th, 2008 at 12:11 pm

Sam you will be missed by many and forgotten by none. I’m glad I had the pleaseure to meet you and see you ride.

18. 18 Pepper May 12th, 2008 at 12:56 pm

I have been associated with the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum & Hall of Fame (and the National before that) in one capacity or another for over 10 years. I have seen political dignitaries, industry leaders, motorcycle legends and celebrities inducted in that time – most were proud of the accomplishment; many understood the significance and many of the inductees gave impressive speeches that garnered them a round of applause. But when Sam got up to receive her award in 2006 she reached out and touched the heart of every person seated in that hall. Her speech was eloquent and she spoke with such fondness and generosity of every person who had helped her take steps on her path, giving them the credit, especially her mentor Sonny. This woman who had learned many of life’s hard lessons spoke sweetly, gently, with dignity, and sincere humility.
    I was not blessed to know her long but in a short time I learned that Sam possessed strength of will, and the courage to push on when others doubted her, even when she doubted herself; she spoke the truth; her smile would light you up; she had grace; she had balls; she was beautiful.
    It was my great, good fortune to know Sam Morgan and be touched by her.

19. 19 sara Liberte May 12th, 2008 at 2:55 pm

Sam carried on her passion with such pride and dignity, even when times were tough, and let me tell you they got tough, she never once gave up on what it was all about, never got too overwhelmed and never once ever stopped caring about Sonny and all those that rode before her, especially the women that rode back in the day. I’ll miss her everyday, and no rally will ever be the same for me not being able to watch Sam ride the wall, and share our laughs. I do have our memories that I will hold and cherish. Ride now with Sonny Sam and all the drome riders that have passed….

20. 20 GOTHGIRL May 13th, 2008 at 12:14 am

Sam was my Hero. From day one, we bonded as sisters-finally, someone who talked as fast as I did, a language all our own-and that Buffy link, what a gift she was to me and what an incredible light and joy she brought to my life and to anyone who was lucky enough to know her. And to watch her ride the Wall with her long blonde hair streaming out behind her, snatching the dollar bills out of those surprised fists in her oh so sassy manner, and that amazing SMILE that lit up everything around her, she embodied pure joy and total freedom, living life to the fullest and doing what she loved more than anything. I feel so lucky to have had the honor of playing music with the Drome-Sammy’s song was Fur Elise and now I shall ache when I play it. I miss you so much, Sam. Now I have this hole in my heart and this terrible sense of loss. Ride free in the sky now, my friend. No more pain for you. I will love you forever. Thank you for being my true best friend and pal.

21. 21 YDKJ May 13th, 2008 at 8:39 am

Always greeted with a hug.
    Will always be a star
    Could never be replaced

22. 22 Ernie Copper May 13th, 2008 at 12:55 pm

Sam was one of few people who once your friend , was always your friend, no matter if it had been a year , or a day since you last talked. Irreplaceable.

23. 23 PPD May 13th, 2008 at 1:39 pm

to those who do not know Crim passed away yesterday of what I can only assume was a broken heart.

24. 24 Mark Barnett May 13th, 2008 at 2:51 pm

Sam performed twice at our Harley store in El Paso. I remember catching all six shows on that first Saturday, I couldn’t get enough of the performance. It was so damn dangerous, and yet it wasn’t nutty like bike jumping or setting yourself on fire; it took a tremendous amount of skill. She was much more of a racer than a stunt person in my opinion. I immediately respected her ability and courage. Our magazine went on to become a sponsor of the Wall of Death. You didn’t just have a business relationship with Sam; if you knew her, you became her friend. She kept in touch, especially when she went to Bonneville and was doing something she knew I’d be interested in. Her contagious friendly demeanor was her greatest gift to others. I hope she truly enjoyed herself. She definitely left her mark.

25. 25 Marilyn Stemp May 16th, 2008 at 8:44 am

A powerful, warm spirit like the one that inhabited Sam Morgan, doesn’t go away – it just changes form. Sam earned some comfort, a respite from pain; that’s what she deserves and what I hope she has now. She used her gifts to the fullest while she was here, now it’s up to us to keep her alive in our hearts and minds. Someone smart once said: “Every exit is an entry somewhere else.” God speed, Sam.

26. 26 Sasha May 16th, 2008 at 4:13 pm

I met Sam through Goth who told me I must meet this amazingly talented sister. What a gift it was to know Sam. Reading Chris Callen’s post made me wish I was there, too, at the Salt Flats and Hall of Fame moment to experience her accomplishments, to see her flash that smile of hers that would light up the soul in anyone of us all. I loved to hang out at her camper. She and Goth always made me feel welcomed there. We could cut up and get really silly. Samantha, rest peacefully and soar freely with your angel wings. Thank you for all the splendid gifts you shared with us all. We miss you, sweet girl.

27. 27 dromerider May 18th, 2008 at 3:16 am

” If you could see what it’s done to me to lose the love I knew
    would safely lead me thru the land that I once knew. To To learn as we grew old the secrets of our souls.
    Between the silence of the mountians and the crashing of the sea,
    There lies a land I once lived in and she’s waiting there for me.”

love ya wahl

28. 28 sebringmokie May 19th, 2008 at 11:53 am

it’s been along time scince i’ve seen sam, what can you say, beautiful women, rider, and friend. ride hard in harley heven with crim. love ya.

29. 29 Ice May 23rd, 2008 at 8:20 pm

I am lucky to have called Sam my friend. She had a love of life and motorcycles that few will ever feel. She would light up when she started speaking of the history of the Motor Dromes.
    what amazing energy she had. She has left a void in so many lives with her passing. It still doesn’t seem possible. When I think of her I see her as in my favorite picture, right after she set a land speed record at Bonneville. I will never forget that day as she called to share her excitement with the record. She was an amazing woman with a big heart.
    Sam…ride free and even though I cry because I will never be able to hear your voice, or watch you go side saddle again, I know that you are with Sonny and Crim. You will be missed and never forgotten.

30. 30 lilas varanne May 24th, 2008 at 8:43 am

adieux mon amie SAMANTHA en ce jour de tes funerailles ou je ne serai pas phisiquement vu l elolgnement mais je serai en pensee avec tes nombreux amis pour te dire aurevoir .je n oublierai pas les bons et aussi les dificiles moments que nous avons passes ensemble lors que tu est vennue chez moi en Allemagne a l octoberfest et ensuite tu est rentee avec nous en famille en France .je n oublierai pas non plus les 2 mois passes toi au lit a ma caravanne ,moi a te soigner apres ta chute dans notre mur de la mort !je n oublierai pas non plus le bel acceuil que tu nous a fais Gerard et moi lorsque nous sommes venus te visiter a la beekwik de daytona .merci de ta gentillesse et de l amitie que tu m a apporte .aurevoir SAMYdort en paix adieux Lilas

31. 31 Jabee May 25th, 2008 at 6:47 pm

An article posted today in our local paper (
    Bless you Sammy & Crim we will miss you…….

Samantha Morgan, daredevil rider, dies

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Saturday, May 24, 2008

WEST PALM BEACH — Samantha Morgan was a quiet legend – a lithe, blonde, sexy, swaggering chick with more street cred than public accolades. She made a living doing stunts on a 1931 Indian motorcycle and performed her gravity-defying show for crowds across this continent and others.

“She was beautiful, smart and talented,” said longtime friend Russell Noel, who said Ms. Morgan was already riding motorcycles when he met her at age 14.

Post a tribute
    Online guest book

More obituaries
    Deaths, online guest books

Post your comments on this story below

More local news
    Latest breaking news, photos and all of today’s Post stories.

What are these?

“She always had an interest in speed, in motorcycles,” said Dianne Hancock, who said she is Ms. Morgan’s sister.

Hundreds of people crowded into the VFW Post 2007 on Saturday afternoon to raise a glass to a friend, artist and pioneer. Ms. Morgan, 54, was discovered dead in her bedroom April 28. It’s unclear how she died.

Ms. Morgan lived in Loxahatchee when she wasn’t on the road, and she spent the last months of her life piecing together the history of the kitschy carnival act that became her life’s work when she was just a scrawny 14-year-old runaway.

“That was her life, the motor drome,” Hancock said.

The 100-year-old act – where motorcycle riders perform stunts on a 90-degree angle inside a portable, bowl-shaped arena – doesn’t draw the crowds it once did. And Morgan was worried the motor drome, also called The Wall of Death, would be forgotten.

“She loved it, and she wanted it to live on,” Hancock said.

After all, it was within The Wall of the Death that Ms. Morgan found a life.

She ran away from home in Long Island at age 11, back when she was still Marsha Greene. She lived on the streets until she discovered “wall riding” at a county fair three years later. There, she met legendary motor drome rider Sonny Pelaquin, who gave her a job. Pelaquin was Noel’s uncle.

Noel said Ms. Morgan started out as a go-fer, willing to sit in a hot ticket booth for hours if it meant that one day she’d get a shot at riding inside the wall.

“My uncle believed in paying your dues,” Noel said. “But she knew what she wanted to do, and she was willing to do what it took to get there.”

Ms. Morgan was so good, and so tough, she commanded respect in a field where there were very few women. She broke many bones – her back three times, alone. In 2006, she was inducted into the Sturgis Motorcycle Museum & Hall of Fame in South Dakota for her contribution to daredevil riding. In all her photos, she’s wearing her trademark sunny grin.

Hancock said her sister also had a quiet side, fitting stained glass together into works of art. She also loved animals, and was a good friend.

“She’d give people second, third and fourth chances,” Hancock said. “She never wrote anybody off.”

And Noel said she never stopped loving her motorcycle – an Indian 101 Scout. “She rode until the day she died,” he said.

Vote for this story!
    Buzz up!

32. 32 Tyna Bower May 27th, 2008 at 8:29 pm

I was introduced to Sam via Laura Klock (then Laura Ellifson). She said this was “a woman you HAVE to meet” and she was right. Sam had a glow about her, an amazing passion, and excitement for life that resonated in every word she spoke. As we talked, Sam told me about her past and the story of other amazing riders she had met in life. She told me how she was at the Salt Flats and held on with all her life as the bike shook and felt as if it was going to fall apart… and a world record was born. I was in awe!
    When I mentioned I was working to create the first Women’s Day at Top 50 Rally Park, Sam was sooooo excited. She felt women were sometimes pushed out of things they could do saying “this is a man’s industry”. She had stood up and battled that in her life and as in everything wanted to share the world of possibilities and encouragement with others. We talked and for hours about all the roles women have played over the years, all the struggles she had endured, and all the triumphs she had seen. She felt there was more to riding than just being on a bike….a type of freedom she expressed best when talking about the motordome… the challenges, the thrill, the crowds, her teacher Sonny, even the falls and injuries. She couldn’t make it to the event that year due to injuries, but connected me to many other amazing women in the industry. She wanted to be part of this year’s Women’s Day activities and we we talked about bringing other riders such as herself to simply share their stories, something she did, it seems with each person she met. Sam was an awesome lady and a jewel in motorcycling history. She was and is an inspiration and an amazing spirit. I only wish I had the opportunity to have spent more time with such a beautiful being.
    Sam, I know you’re loving that motordome in the sky. Thank you for sharing yourself through stories and your time. My love to you and all those who your life has touched.

33. 33 Brian Howe Jun 23rd, 2008 at 10:40 am

I only found out about Sam yesterday and I am totally shocked. I only met her the once and saw her ride. She was without doubt one of the nicest ladies you could ever meet………Rest easy Sam, you were loved !!

34. 34 Larry Pomerantz Jun 29th, 2008 at 6:47 pm

I’ve known Sam for45 years, when we were in the same summer camp on Long Island then. I knew her as Marsha Green and she occasionally told me I was the only one that would sometimes slip and call her that and she always laughed. We saw each other infrequently but corresponded over the years, with an occasional long gap. She was just a beautiful person. As beautiful as she was to look at she was ten times as beautiful as a person. Talking to her after a month or a year it didn’t matter. She was your friend forever. Always a great story, especially about her pets.

Last year the NY Time did a wonderful piece on her and I called to remark on it. I did ask her if by breaking the speed records she also broke the time barrier! The article listed her as 47 and I was 54 and I used to be only one year older than her! She laughed and said that people didn’t want to see an old lady doing her stunts. I told she had it backwards that if she gave her real age she’d be on the cover of the AARP magazine! She never did realize how special she was.
    I will miss my friend.

35. 35 skip&kathy hall Jul 22nd, 2008 at 1:16 am

my wife and i had relocated to hawaii and were just now finding out about sam’s passing via the august 08 issue of easyrider we were fortunate enough to meet sam and see her ride on many many occassions she always had a smile and a kind word our condolences to her friends and family seeing sam always brought to mind the old adage “if you love what you do for a living you’ll never work a day in your life” sam never worked a day in her very short life god bless sam you’ll live on in our hearts and memories forever

36. 36 Robert Davis Jul 23rd, 2008 at 11:05 am

Sam was a very close friend of mine. I met her after they did a show at Laconia bike week in 2006. Their truck broke down that was used to pull the show. A friend of mine hooked me up with Sam and the crew to move their show to a one day event in Iowa. It was for JP Cycles open house. That’s when I met Sam. I helped them set up and tare down. I can remember going back to her trailer after she rode and she would show me all the great pictures she had of the old dromes and riders.
    From then on I had a friend. I was able to spend a lot of time with Sam during 2007.
    I miss her smile, her laughter, and her knowledge of the sport. Everytime I was down visiting Sam, she was always talking about finishing the other drome she had gotten from a friend that passed away in NC or SC. She wanted to build it too ride for charitys for animals and children in need. She also wanted to have an all girl drome show. Gothgirl, Ice, and Sara Liberte, she said was going to be part of her crew. I don’t believe that I’ve ever met any of them, but I would like to someday.

Sam, you will always have a close place in my heart. I know that one day I will see you again. God bless and god speed in the drome high in the sky.

37. 37 Brian Jackson Jul 29th, 2008 at 12:41 pm

It has been a little over a year since I last talked to Sammy, and finding this news on the internet has hit me like a ton of bricks. She was my friend, the greatest gift my years on the Speed Channel had afforded me. I met Sam in Sturgis in 2002, and my interview of her for the Ride On show went on for nearly two hours. I completely fell in love with this open, free-spirited, loving, generous woman who lived to ride her Scout. I had the opportunity to introduce her to Goth, to hook her up with Indian Larry (she taught him to ride the Wall in return for welding lessons in Brooklyn — unfortunately, they never transpired) and Sara Liberte, and to party with her in Hollister, Daytona and Sturgis. She was the most beloved person to so many. Her life revolved around her animals, and many times I have wept with her at the loss of one of her babies.

I think of Sammy often, and I know i always will. She was a one-of-a-kind; we will not see her like again.

“She freed a lot of people
    But it seems the good, they die young
    I just turned around, and she was gone.”

Godspeed, Sammy, til we ride together again.

38. 38 joe"squeek"milan Aug 1st, 2008 at 10:15 pm

sAM WAS A FREIND TO BOTH ,MY SON jR. AND i We met in sturgis 7 or 8 years ago we set up wright next to the wall. what a great person,rider and freind she will be missed by this Masshole She was a great lady I’m proud to have her wear my CRASHIN SUCKS clothes gone to soon always remembered SQUEEK

39. 39 CARIANN Sep 30th, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Sammy, I met you in Ormond bch. Fl with my best freind and my soul mate Rhett Rotten who adrored you,I rode on the tank with Rhett in a few bike rallys until Rhettt and I made a bad move with Rose and Jim Mieshler they ripped Rhett and I apart and made me leave the Wall of Death , so he could chase his dream, I left it far behind because I knew how much he loved the thrill and I could not take that dream away from him , It’s so very hart breaking and I still kept on tract on things with you Wall Riders. I was very fortunate to meet Lucky and Johny Rotten, along with Dan and his boy , but no one amased me as you did , I’m always going to feel so priviledge as I did to meet you and I wished I was able to fall in your foot steps, god bless you and I hope now you feel no pain.. LOVE ALWAYS. CARI ANN

40. 40 seth deitsch Nov 17th, 2008 at 1:45 pm

I wish i was able to spend more time with her than the few visits we had between the years, samamtha is my aunt, (mothers sister) I found this out from my dad who discovered her when he didnt hear from her for a week after her last fall on her bike. my family is heart broken, one of her best friends “criminal” past away a week after sammy, he and my dad were the ones who came over sammy’s and found her…..I know criminal truely died from a broken heart….He treated her like a daughter, Sam is truely a legend and will be missed by anyone who knew her… you always sammy….anyone who knew her personality would know she would’ve atleast want to be buried with her bike’s!! love your nephew..Seth Deitsch

41. 41 neal Nov 26th, 2008 at 9:58 am

does anyone know if she is the marsha green who attended treasure island camp

42. 42 Cory Gershberg Jan 28th, 2009 at 11:43 am

Samantha was an unbelievable person. I’m 37 years old now and I remember as a child my parents took her under their wing and treated her like she was part of our family. She was the sister that I never had, she used to sing to me at night so I could fall asleep. Mr. Bojangles was her favorite. Reading all of these comments on this page will let you know what kind of a person she really was. My family will miss her dearly my mother, father, and 2 brothers all have some special memories of Samantha. I know that she is in what we all call “A better place”. I do know one thing…. She is somewhere doing what she loved to do her entire life, and that we all know is Riding her bike with the wind blowing at her beautiful long blonde hair with the feeling of FREEDOM by her side.

We will all join you one day Samantha on that ride to Freedom, but until then remember that you have touched all of our lives and we will never forget you.

love us all,

Cory Gershberg

43. 43 Christina Shook Jun 2nd, 2009 at 4:48 pm

I’ve just learned of Sam’s death as I was looking her up to tell her my book was finally being published 2 years after we met and I photographed riding the drome in Hollister.

Of the many outstanding wonderful and dear women riders I’ve met, Sam stands out for her incredibly positive accepting view of the world. She was immediately kind, warm and welcoming and her philosophy of life was present in her words and actions. Many people say the words but Sam really did live life fully, she lived with passion.

Sam will be missed but I think she did not miss out on life. I give her kudos for an amazing life well lived.

44. 44 mike machado Jun 10th, 2009 at 1:48 pm

Wow i feel privlidged to have even seen her do her show..I seen her twice and there whole cast gave me memories that will always be remembered forever.. Thank you Samantha and all of you…May she rest in peace……..Now she’s staring in her own show up in heaven,,,right sammy………mike

45. 45 Larry Pomerantz Feb 15th, 2010 at 9:33 pm

To Neal: I realize that its a year and a half later but fyi she was the Marsh Green From Treasure Island.

46. 46 Larry Pomerantz Feb 15th, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Neal, If this Neal the Judge, E mail me at

47. 47 kelly mann Jul 31st, 2010 at 10:21 pm

i will miss her glow that made everything smile !

48. 48 Russ Noel Jan 7th, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Love and miss you a lot Sammy.