The World´s Greatest Motorcycle Rides On A Saxon Motorcycle

Saxon Motorcycles was chosen by the Travel Channel for their new TV Show “The World’s Greatest Rides”. The series is about riding the most scenic routes of the USA and Europe. In the first two episodes Henry Cole makes his rides through the American deserts on a Saxon Firestorm. Saxon Motorcycles presents summaries of the first shows on their website and on YouTube riding Higway No.1 (650 miles stretching from Santa Rosa to Laguna Beach in California). More information about Saxon Motorcycles Europe and the Warlord and Firestorm can be found on their Website

13 Responses to “The World´s Greatest Motorcycle Rides On A Saxon Motorcycle”

1. 1 Nitrous Phil Aug 26th, 2008 at 7:14 pm

Sorry – this dude riding around on a boring Saxon – not to interesting.

2. 2 steveb Aug 26th, 2008 at 11:01 pm

I just had to search and find out who this salty guy who deserves to go on the worlds greatest rides is and found this……

might make for a better show actually, seems there is a story there!

3. 3 Doug Cahn Aug 27th, 2008 at 8:54 am

I was under the impression that Saxon is out of business.

4. 4 Gunrunner Aug 27th, 2008 at 11:36 am

Hasn’t this been done already, or… was that Mexico?

5. 5 rodent Aug 27th, 2008 at 3:52 pm

This guys a joke
    1.CA 1 goes NOWHERE near Santa Rosa
    2.Why don’t he start at CA 1’s start near Piercy?
    3. Hope he enjoys 19th Ave in San Francisco (CA Hwy 1)
    4.Ride CA1 from Tam Juction to Piercy and from Carmel by the Cash Register to San Simion for a real ride.

6. 6 steveb Aug 28th, 2008 at 11:50 am

Rodent’s guide to fine riding “Cali style” – available in paperback soon…..

7. 7 Lee Wimmer Aug 28th, 2008 at 7:14 pm

I wonder who Saxon got to build the bike, cause nothing they build would make it anywhere but the repair shop. This was another fine example of a bunch of people that knew next to nothing about manufacturing try to enter the wonderful world of motorcycle building.

8. 8 Sheridan Aug 28th, 2008 at 9:50 pm

Would you care to elaborate on that Lee? We’ve only recently received the Saxon brand here in Australia ( full complianced for our local market, but with a starting price around $50K you wouldn’t want to be buying a dud.

9. 9 Diehappy Sep 8th, 2008 at 8:22 am

I now own the bike he road. Saxon is alive and doing well. the bike uses a S & S motor, that runs better than most and is a joy to ride. oh ya “Lee” check your facts before opening your mouth!

10. 10 Gordon Oct 14th, 2008 at 11:15 pm

I own a 2006 Firestorm and must say I love it. Great bike.

11. 11 dowright Dec 21st, 2008 at 7:34 pm

I own a 2008 Saxon Sceptre and a HD Softail Deluxe and a MV Agusta Brutale 910R. Love ’em one and all. The Saxon is special. Try one, Lee.

12. 12 Firestorm Jul 19th, 2009 at 12:54 am

I own a 2006 Firestorm and love it. 96in S&S motor runs great and the ride is unbelievable for this type of bike. The bike handles better than most HDs I’ve spent time on. I’m guessing the rumor of Saxon going out of business was a bad one….. I can say it would be a shame if it did happen.

13. 13 jeff Feb 24th, 2010 at 12:35 pm

I used to work for a saxon dealer and stupidly traded my victory in for a warlord with 5 years of payments. The idiots who build these bikes should hang it up before someone else dies or gets badly hurt. First off they had problems with the batterys shorting out to the bottom of the seat …. there fix was to cut holes in the bottom of the seat where the teminals went so not to put pressure on the terminals …….. how about facing the battery the proper way with terminals forward ….DUH ! mine came with RC components wheels, one day on my way home I hear a high pitch whine and a pop , before i had time to react i was riding into oncomming traffic with no control of my bike. The front wheel bearings baked and blew apart at 35mph. Thank god it didn’t happen the day before when I was doing 70 on the parkway or I’d be dead. I managed to keep the bike upright and just missed hitting a car comming the other way. Another great thing about the saxon line is the shit roadmax tranny from china. I missed 3rd gear shifts countless times and thought a piston was going through the top end the last time. They took the bike back and changed the wheels to P&M chaged the brakes to brembos, changed the tranny to primo 6 spd, and supposedly rewired the entire bike because every now and then I’d go to start it and the bike was dead. That problem persisted for moths after I got it back and I finally figured out that the coil cover was designed so stupidly that the ignition switch was smashed against the coil and the wires were crushed. So now that I have completely taken every nut and bolt off , fixed all there shotty workmenship I actually have a bike that runs. You wont find a saxon logo anywhere on the bike and those meth heads can go F*ck a goat !