New US Assembled RevTech® 125” Engine

revtech125During the V-Twin expo, Custom Chrome introduced the all-new RevTech 125”. The company states that the RevTech 125” offers upgrades over traditional V-Twins that make it truly one of the “best of the best.”  Starting with a clean slate, their engineers incorporated the best features and technology the market has to offer to create a fire-breathing RevTech 125” engine.  And yes, this new engine is assembled in the USA with parts sourced from some of the biggest and best names in the business. Brands like Manley, JE Pistons, Daytona Twin Tec, Andrews, Mikuni American Corp., Timken and many more. To notice, the RevTech 125” features increased fin area on the cylinders and heads and state of the art internal piston oilers, creating maximum temperature control and increased engine life.

The traditional breather system with gear has a long proven track record, specially designed ‘D’-shaped intake and manifold ports provide exceptional controlled air flow and the 45mm Mikuni carburetor provides the 125” monster all the fuel it needs. The new 125” was subjected to durability testing by Optimum Power Technology in Bridgeville, PA., where the engine withstood a brutal non-stop 100-hour beat-ing. During testing varying loads were placed on the engine from a 950 rpm idle up to 5,000 rpm’s for various lengths of time with brief rest periods in between to cool off and go again. The average duration of each cycle was 33 minutes and this cycle was performed more then 180 times during the 100-hour test period. Evidently, Custom Chrome wants to earn its place among the finest engines available today. These new 125” engine as-semblies will replace 1984 thru 1999 Evolution® style engines. For sale through the Custom Chrome eDealer Online Store.

60 Responses to “New US Assembled RevTech® 125” Engine”

1. 1 adellDredly Mar 10th, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Thanks for posting a great! I like to read it, you could be a great author.I always bookmark your blog, and may come back later in life. I want to encourage you to continue your great work, have a nice weekend!

2. 2 len B May 5th, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I have a 110 and have had a lot of problems up till now, its on my bench in a bunch of worthless pieces. W T F paid good money for it , can’t give it away now. These are 10,000 mile motors, we live in a throw away society. I treated this motor good, breakin, oil changes etc. Built my dream bike, loved it but should have stayed clear of RevTech crap!!!

3. 3 ranster May 11th, 2011 at 3:33 am

I have a revtech 100ci 4×4 motor it is an 2005 model it keep blowing the oil cap off tore the top half down all the ring gaps were lined up DIRECLY UP THAT IS NOT A QUISIDINSE i have about 52000 miles on it dose not leak a drop of oil and dont burn any oil has 185 lbs of compression on the front and rear cylynder its has been rode very hard and the rods are still tight i was shocked to find no head gasket when i tore it down. the engine out pulls a twin cam very bad REVTECH HAS THE BEST WARRANTY ON THE MARKET

4. 4 ranster May 11th, 2011 at 3:37 am

len b there is bad motors in all brands I will say revtech gen1 and gen2 had a lot of issues

5. 5 len B May 12th, 2011 at 4:19 pm

ranster, glad to here your having good luck with your motor, actually s&s has a 3 year warranty on there SDI motors and thats probably where I will be going next. Still can’t understand why it will cost more to rebuild than buy new? Got a bent crank and no bearings left and I’am looking at more than $3,000.00 to repair, not right.

6. 6 Biker Jim May 23rd, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I currently have a chopper I built in 2000, it has a 88″ Rev Tech with 94,000 miles, never been disassembled in any way, maintained meticulously but ridden hard. Sturgis to Chino Ca. in 26 hours in 07′ never missed a beat and doesn’t leak a drop uless I over fill the oil a little and that would be my fault right. owned a few Harleys in my days, same care given to them and never
    have gotten over 60k without having to pull the top end or something major. Oh yeah my Rev
    Tech 5 speed has the same miles, replaced starter at 80,000 I love Harleys too but built my custom and Rev Tech offered a better warranty than S&S so I gave them a try, No Regrets
    Ride Safe All.. Biker Jim Out…

7. 7 rick grebe Jun 8th, 2011 at 7:54 pm

well, I have a 100 revtech with 12k miles on it…leaking oil and metal in the oil pump and crank case vent valve. cant even get a return phone call on the problem. yes the motor is out of the 2 yr coverage but it has 12k on it. the bottom end coming apart, really???!!!!

8. 8 len B Jun 11th, 2011 at 11:40 am

rick, sounds like your having the same problem as I have with mine. your problem could be the roller tappets lose there needle bearings and contaminate your motor. They use the cheapest tappets out there and don’t last. All the bearings will be shot by now and the seals will be melted from the excess heat and metal. Check your wiring for meted coverings against the engine case. I heard some were that there was a class action lawsuit against rev tech because of this problem. Anybody here about this?

9. 9 Robert Nov 17th, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Well I can’t speak for Rev Tech But I HAVE OR HAD TILL POS BLEW UP TP 121” BOW TO THE SUN AND SAY TP THREE TIMES
    TP was no help motor leaked oil from cases from day one.Still had factory timing jetting ect. I don’t run my bikes had a do real good up keep.
    It cut loose @ 1800 @ 60mph .
    I can say that I have a Rev Tech 5 in a four speed case on my s&s shovelhead and have no trouble with either.
    I would not put a Tp in a lawn mower.
    S&S is a outstanding motor.
    I think I’m going to try a 125” had good dealing with Rev Tech dealer have had nothing but a broken wallet with TP

10. 10 Julz Dec 6th, 2011 at 5:09 am

Ive had a Revtech 125 running for 2.5 years now and has done over 25,000kms trouble free. Had a sticky compression release that i cleaned up and now works fine again. Ive had a few air cleaner bolts loosen up occasionally(as its solid mounted in a softail frame). Cant tighten them much as they are hollow and will snap easily enough so just have to keep an eye. I know guys with these motors in dyna frames and they swear by them.
    One guy said he had his gaskets blow on both barrels but i reckon he might have given it too much throttle too soon when he was running it in, or just thrashed it a bit much when cold.

x