New US Assembled RevTech® 125” Engine

revtech125During the V-Twin expo, Custom Chrome introduced the all-new RevTech 125”. The company states that the RevTech 125” offers upgrades over traditional V-Twins that make it truly one of the “best of the best.”  Starting with a clean slate, their engineers incorporated the best features and technology the market has to offer to create a fire-breathing RevTech 125” engine.  And yes, this new engine is assembled in the USA with parts sourced from some of the biggest and best names in the business. Brands like Manley, JE Pistons, Daytona Twin Tec, Andrews, Mikuni American Corp., Timken and many more. To notice, the RevTech 125” features increased fin area on the cylinders and heads and state of the art internal piston oilers, creating maximum temperature control and increased engine life.

The traditional breather system with gear has a long proven track record, specially designed ‘D’-shaped intake and manifold ports provide exceptional controlled air flow and the 45mm Mikuni carburetor provides the 125” monster all the fuel it needs. The new 125” was subjected to durability testing by Optimum Power Technology in Bridgeville, PA., where the engine withstood a brutal non-stop 100-hour beat-ing. During testing varying loads were placed on the engine from a 950 rpm idle up to 5,000 rpm’s for various lengths of time with brief rest periods in between to cool off and go again. The average duration of each cycle was 33 minutes and this cycle was performed more then 180 times during the 100-hour test period. Evidently, Custom Chrome wants to earn its place among the finest engines available today. These new 125” engine as-semblies will replace 1984 thru 1999 Evolution® style engines. For sale through the Custom Chrome eDealer Online Store.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

60 Responses to “New US Assembled RevTech® 125” Engine”

1. 1 Boss Hawg Feb 23rd, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Revtech…Isn’t this about the 20th generation model?

Seems like it will be wait an see on this model, too, until the verdict is in.

Boss Hawg

2. 2 Jason Feb 23rd, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Kudos to CCI for assembling in the US. But as the person above commented, this new 125″ has to show that it is worth our hard earned dollars. What about an east/west coast trip with this engine and an honest report. by a builder Want to do it Cyril?

3. 3 Bradley K Feb 23rd, 2009 at 4:52 pm

I’ll stick with the Ultima’s,or if I can afford it…an S&S. They are Made in America not “ASSEMBLED in America”.

4. 4 Bobfather Feb 23rd, 2009 at 4:55 pm

I’d only use this in one of my bikes if they donated one for us to real world testing in a bike. Of course we’d dump the Mickey Rooney carb before we even fired it up though. After we put it rhough real world testing and not a dyno run of 33 minutes each we might consider using them. ‘Til then we’ll keep using S&S and TP motors.

5. 5 Believer 45 Feb 23rd, 2009 at 8:43 pm

If they had any brains they would have used a tuneable fuel injection unit on the motor………..it would make it much more attractive and competitive on the market.

I’m wondering if they will compete with the Ultimas’ in price……..

CCI also has a bad policy of making dealers ship back the motors for any type of warranty work. Additionally, it takes them months to return them back to you. The bike will sit in the corner of your shop till they decide when to send you back the motor.

Time for a wake-up call guys….

6. 6 Jim Feb 24th, 2009 at 8:48 am

I am wondering what Bobfather would use for a carb.

7. 7 Brock Feb 24th, 2009 at 9:10 am

Believer 45 is telling the truth about Rev Tech and Custom Chrome here. I had to wait almost a month for CC to sent the motor back to my dealer and that was after my dealer was hounding them on the phone daily about getting the motor back. This SUCKS. Rember…you get what you pay for.Go S & S not some foreign junk.

8. 8 Roid Feb 24th, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Sorry guys but as long as the motor says RevTech on it the motor will be considered a low end motor built for low end bikes and furnished by a company owned by Koreans – where it is “assembled” is meaningless.

9. 9 Brock Feb 24th, 2009 at 6:23 pm

10. 10 1550tc Feb 24th, 2009 at 7:08 pm

Roid and B45

Well said CCi still has lots of issues and who needs that hassle and aggravation?

11. 11 Marc Feb 25th, 2009 at 10:28 am

What are you all bitching about?. The parts listed for this new RevTech are american. the engine is assembled in the US. I know that in the past the CCI warranty program sucked. But why don’t give them a chance? Because Custom chrome belongs to a Korean company? Who cares the owner. How many of you are buying foreign products from WalMart or are riding Harleys with foreign parts or Bobbers assembled with Chinese parts? How many among you are buying american products from an american company whose owners are foreign based? RevTech engines must be evaluated on their performance, reliability and warranty. Period. Stop your hypocrisy.

12. 12 Pitbull Feb 25th, 2009 at 11:55 am

Can you say, J i z unk?

13. 13 Roid Feb 25th, 2009 at 12:05 pm

RevTech has such a bad rep that it will never be overcome! They have a history of being cheap crap used in less than quality motorcycles – end of story! Until they have a history of building a quality product and a history of service after the sale they will remain “cheap junk” no matter how the motor actually functions.

14. 14 Clock Feb 28th, 2009 at 11:15 am

C.C.I or GMG
    C.C.I (Custom Chrome inc.) is United State based American Chopper.

and one of the world largest aftermarket distributor (50,000 kinds of accessories and parts) for Harley Davidsons in aftermarket.

and almost Engineers are American and European.
    and related 15,000 American and European deears in USA and Europe

Engine
    RevTech Engine Maker is DIC (Dae-il Corporation).
    Dae-il have 30 years’ know-how and Career about MotorCycle Engines, Gears, transmissions and automobile parts.

Dae-il was Gear supplier of Harley Davidson during 3 years from 1980
    Dae-il + GMG Group started cooperation for After-Market in 1982.

Today,
    Dae-il is supplier of many partners – Hyundai, Kia, Doosan, Clark, Wia, Dymos, Daewoo, Mitsubishi..
    Dae-il is getting income from the partners,

so, DIC is producing powerful Engines of moderate price under financial stabilization….

Summary
    C.C.I or GMG is American Chopper. was born in United State,
    and have Global Sales-Network in USA, Europe and Asia with 15,000 deears

RevTech Engine Maker – DIC have 30 years’ Career about MotorCycle Engines, Gears, transmissions and automobile parts.

15. 15 Antone Mar 1st, 2009 at 11:17 am

Well said “Clock” Facts are all we need, not others opinions…

16. 16 joe bikers Mar 5th, 2009 at 10:13 pm

Not sure why all the bashing. I currently own 3 bikes, all of which have RevTech engines 2 -100″ and 1- 110″ and never had a problem with mine… brings to question how are you treating and caring for your motor and the break in as well?!?!

I think it’s great that CCI is stepping up to the big inch motors. Now, le’t see a “shoot out” with CCi, Ultima & S&S, go head to head on the battle of the best bang for the buck!!

-JB

17. 17 Psycho Drew Mar 11th, 2009 at 12:24 am

I like the idea of a shoot out I am riding a 127 ultima and she moves along pretty good.

18. 18 WVBiker Apr 26th, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Got over 50,000 miles on a RevTech 100 cid motor. Never a drop of oil leaked. Still have to use the compression release buttons cause the Harley starter wont roll it over without. From 2002 into 2009, this motor has flat outpreformed any VTwin I have ever had—and theres been more than a few. Twin Cam riders just hate me when I pass them.

19. 19 bob Apr 30th, 2009 at 12:05 pm

my 110 has 53,423 mi. and still purring…a few starters and a pinion gear….but finally got all that straightened out…custom chrome didnt give me any problems at all on the pinion gear…it was in the shop about a week…mostly shipping probs…the shop had a real good response with them….thats my .02…

20. 20 hupa Jun 26th, 2009 at 8:20 am

I have a 110 cui revtech, does any one know what the comp ratio is 10.5 ; 1 or 10 ; 1 or something else

21. 21 justin Jul 6th, 2009 at 1:36 am

revtech is sick…. i love all the patriots claiming us motors in bikes when those same people are in a nissan trucks.

see it often

get off the s&s trip revtech is great an the truth is that the korean part is cop out for an excuse to hate a great motor an its the people that has an S&S motor

14000 miles 100 revtech 2008 chopper not one problem.

22. 22 Volkmar Glanz, Germany Jul 16th, 2009 at 8:23 am

Hallo, ich meine auch, dass die S&S Motoren wirklich top sind. Zumal Qualität und Service auch immer ihren Preis haben, man kann also lieber ein paar Dollar oder Euro mehr bezahlen. Fahre selbst einen 96 cui S&S und bin fasziniert von 125 cui (mein Traum). Träume werden wahr !

23. 23 Mark Jul 25th, 2009 at 9:34 pm

I would not believe anything CCI says or does they have been ripping people off for years now, It;s not the pistons or the cams or the lifters it is their castings, they are junk give me a nickel for every cracked crankcase they have ever had and I will buy a nice 127 S&S,, although I have read were Kendall Johnson spoke highly of Ultimas. I consider Kendall the best motor man around ask him what he thinks of Revtechs.

24. 24 Rod Aug 9th, 2009 at 7:54 pm

I have had a 110″ motor 4 years now, replaced my old 80″ EVO. The motor has always run smoothly, without ticks, and shown a lot of power (found out the compression is 9:1 – from CCI). Also had compression released installed, just couldn’t turn it over easily when hot. Works fine now. I also changed the ring gear in the primary to a lighter pull for the starter – helped. Must say I’ve waxed some TC’s myself, much to their surprise, even the 95″ kits with 10.5:1 compression. However I had one issue, a leak from the rocker box tops after the 2nd year. Had the motor in the shop and CCI was quick to send the new gaskets. The guys in the shop said their O-ring seals are junk, and suggested I change to better HD boxes. Suggested I ask CCI to help me replace the rocker boxes with some good ones from HD. CCI said no dice. We’ll just keep on sending you new gaskets if its within the warranty period (3 years). The replacement O-rings lasted one year. Leaked again, even when they used some special stick-um stuff to help them seal. Then I took them apart myself, out of warranty. Called around and found a .250″ diameter O-ring from a manufacturer, installed them myself, closed up real tight, no leaks. Think they could come up with something better for the boxes. HD’s boxes would fit, but would need grinding out for the springs. Have run the motor on some long runs, at higher cruising speeds, been leak free ever since. The motor runs strong and other than using a bit more gas, I couldn’t be happier. HD’s motors aren’t exactly always leak free either. Don’t know about Ultima or S&S – never owned one. We all live with some glitch of some kind from time to time and hope to work them out. Some folks can’t afford the top of the line and have to consider lesser upgrades. Doesn’t mean we suck as riders, just we suck at having a lot of money to drop when we’re struggling through life. I also bought and installed the RevTech 6 speed tranny. It too is working fine and shifts smoothly with no issues, all 4 years. Yes, I said “installed”, I installed both the motor and transmission myself. Saved a big labor bill, replaced a few other things to keep the bike in good condition in the process — the main drive belt, new rear brake master cylinder, new clutch, some wiring, and some hardware that needed it. I don’t think of my bike as a junker or low end bike. I think for ME, money — my costs to have the upgrade was the improtant factor. Once installed, I took it to Harley and had them do an alignment check and the first start up to make sure it was timed right. I couldn’t affort the S&S, nor could I afford the Baker or HD 6 speed, but I was able to swing the RT 110 and Tranny. I’m just happy to have the upgrade, Rev Tech or not, its what I could do. Seems to me you could see that point. Haven’t read anybody’s article that said their RevTech engine just blew up, leaked out all the oil, or cracked its block. Where’s all those owners with all the broken motors? You’d think some of them would log in and say so……

25. 25 larry Aug 29th, 2009 at 2:30 pm

i don’t have a RevTech myself but ask anyone that road the stampede this year. The only bike that didn’t break down or have engine problems had a RevTech engine and trans. My HD dropped out at the beginning of the ride!.

26. 26 alan Sep 12th, 2009 at 5:08 am

I live here in the uk,and not many like the rev tech,yet,not that many have ever had one. i think Its just ignorance and the unwillingness to try something different.As others here have said,everthing goes wrong,some harley parts are made outside of the usa China,korea etc.yet,where do the best racing bikes come from,in fact most things you look has some part that has come from there.
    I believeif have good materials then it is how you assemble and construct a product that counts.
    Ive looked at the various engine manufacturer options,but if you look at the new 125,it really is a very nice,well thought out machine,the easystart cam is s&s style, the fins are larger and there is more cooling surface area than the other makes,the piston oil cooler spray set up is s&s style.
    I am planning to fit this motor on a custom chop trike i am building.
    I am buying the revtech from john, at american classic motors usa and importing it ,and after taxes and import dutys i am saving over £2000

27. 27 hotrodbobber Oct 3rd, 2009 at 11:08 am

hey yall,Ive got a 2005 rev-tech 88in. in a hard tail with a 5 in a 4 speed case,kick only. it runs like a dream,rode it all over hell and back with minimum problems,broken clutch cable,ect. its my opinion,that people that have problems with the rev-tech motors could most likely ruin anything they touched,ie. tricycle skateboard, whatever. its NOT a cbx or kockasaki its a v-twin push rod motor which will run nicely up to about 5800 rpm although i dont recommend running them that fast. i’ve built many bikes over the years,and find rev-tech a great motor.

28. 28 REVELLER Nov 26th, 2009 at 3:16 am

I’ve had a (Nov/ 2005 mfg) Revtech 110″ and 6spd in my 1994 FLHTC for 3 seasons now. I RIDE IT HARD ! TWO Metzelers a year. I’m just a c@.nt hair behind my buddy with his 120″ HD/JIMS TC Roadking at the top end, (180km/hr+). The only issue is that the oil light comes on when I’m give’n her hard through the gears, and the rev-limiter kicks in at 5700rpm. Gotta do something about the oil thing. The motor has potential.

29. 29 Julz Dec 15th, 2009 at 7:52 am

Bought a 4×4 Revtech motor new in 2006. Upped the revlimiter to 6500rpm. raced every thing on the road and never got beat by anther Harley(even dragged alot of jap bikes form the lights). After about 30,000 miles, the connecting rod bearings blew, but i account that to the high rpm’s and Australian weather to its shortend life span. Never had any major probs up till then. I think the main difference between a Revtech and an S&S is probably the finish of the machined fins. Unless you get an X-wedge which is a plain bearing crank so can handle the higher loading. Im currently fitting a plain bearing crank from a Falicon design but am having issues in getting some pistons with off set pin bosses to make it run. Will have to use a stronger spring in the oil pump and run a stainless mesh oil filter to help up the pressure to lube the shell bearings. I like to run hard and if something breaks, i just try and make it stronger for next time. The best motor is the one you build yourself.

30. 30 Julz Feb 21st, 2010 at 7:38 am

Update on my last post(above). I have given up the plain bearing motor project(just wanted to ride it this summer) and opted for a new (Gen 4)125CI Revtech motor. Have covered about 800 miles now and have nil problems to report other than a quickly balding tire! This thing runs hot, but is slowly wearing in and cooling slightly. Really hot runner, but seems to run better that way. Have been trying to avoid stop lights as much as possible:( I have been carefully running it in so far(3 oil changes) but had a little race with a couple of twin cams yesterday and kept up with ease. These motors are rated at 115hp out of the box and have 135 pounds of torque. I have put a spear type aircleaner and external breather to boost it a little.
    Bore is 4.25 inch and the stroke is 4.410 inches. Really smooth and torquey power, just a little vibration(softail frame) when you start to get past 4000rpms. Not really suited to city traffic, this is a big donk and needs a good long run to perform at its best. Too much running around town can choke up them big jugs a little. A 115CI version would no doubt suit shorter runs more. Cant wait to run it in and find out how hard this thing can pull. Very impressed so far, with much more usable power than the 100ci Gen 3 motor which i replaced it for. Switching to synthetic after the 2500 miles run in period.

31. 31 Julz Feb 26th, 2010 at 2:52 am

Done about 1700kms on the 125 now and its heating up, around 40 degrees(celcius) here in oz this time of year and the not yet broken in motor is doing well. ton of usable power, couldnt imagine going back to anything smaller now. Love the sound and overall performance so far, will be extra fast once broken in, cant imagine being beaten by anything else on the road from the lights to the speed limit.

32. 32 Julz Mar 11th, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Just done 2900kms, no oil leaks or abnormal engine noise yet. Opened up the throttle last night from 1st to second gear, and spun the back tire with ease! The first 2000 miles ive had to take it easy(break-in period) still havent switched to synthetic yet so not pushing to hard yet as its very hot down here in the Australian summer. Motor is running a lot cooler now that the top end has settled in.
    The hard acceleration of this motor can only be described as being violent! But it can also be driven around quite normally if traffic conditions dictate. But when the throttle is opened, hold on tight!!

33. 33 ranster_99 Mar 11th, 2010 at 9:23 pm

got a revtech 100inch runs great my ignition wheel cog striped rode 150 miles with the pipes glowing cherry red all the way back to the heads got new well for nine dollors set the timming and have put over 10,000 since that incident and it still purrs like a kittin there is bad motors in every brand I do bleleve the first geniration revtech had isusse .

34. 34 ranster_99 Mar 11th, 2010 at 9:29 pm

revtech offers better warrnanty then SandS or ultima motors and for all you SandS lovers ther motors have moved back to koriea check the facts warrnany on SandS 6 months ultima 10,000 or one year REVTECH 20,000OR 2YEARS TAKE YOU PICK IM GOING WITH REVTECH

35. 35 Julz Mar 18th, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Have now switched too fully synthetic Amsol oil after running in the new 125 at 2500 miles. The new oil seems to run at higher pressures (fitted an oil gauge) and cools the motor more too. Can easily beat my mate on his 09 Fatbob which has cams, free flow mufflers and a super sucker air intake fitted to it. The 115 and 125 both run EV72 cams and 45 Mikuni carbs. So could easily increase performance with bolting on bigger items once finding out which ones would suit. Though at this stage no body i ride with can beat me from the lights yet so will wait till that happens before i feel the need to sacrifice longevity here.

36. 36 Lorin Mar 20th, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Rod, You posted a thread regarding o-ring problems with your Rev Tech engine in Aug/2009. You mentioned you had located over-sized o-rings (.250) that solved your problem. Am getting ready to re-assemble my Gen II 100 c.i. Rev Tech engine (cylinders weeping oil due to o-ring failure) but have NO FAITh in the stock o-rings. If you by chance would read this could you email me with where you got the o-rings, company name, etc. Or, if anybody else on here can help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated. Email: ldrfxstb233445@roadrunner.com

Thanks for any help.

37. 37 Huligan Mar 22nd, 2010 at 5:51 pm

I’ve owned a Gen.III REVTECH 100″ 4 x 4 since ’06…4500 miles so far…and so far not one issue…it’s a damn strong engine…great power all the way thru…enough torque to snap your neck right of your shoulders….I can’t speak for an S&S or Ultima or TP or any others cuz I’ve never owned any of those engines…but I can speak for the REVTECH…and as far as Im concerned pound for pound?… my $$ is on the REVTECH…wouldn’t bother me a bit to own another RT…so for all the haters?…RT no longer makes shitty engines like they did at one time(in the beginning) or like the general populus likes to believe cuz it’s a easy way not to buy one!…until you’ve owned, ridden, or raced RT….YOU DON’T KNOW!!…a buddy of mine has drag raced on the very same engine I own since ’06 and not issue with RT…it’s a damn good engine imo….

38. 38 Julz Mar 26th, 2010 at 3:18 am

My new Revtech donk just ate the final drive gear needle rollers in my Ultima six speed! Seems the Gen 4 125 motor is putting out a little too much torque for the Mid West tranny to cope with. Heard a slight chink sound, then drained the gear oil out to find all sorts of broken/twisted metal bits come out the hole. Lucky i didnt leave it too long and get side lined!
    But at least Ultima have promised to replace the cluster(rollers came out and damaged the teeth on several gears). Might opt for a Baker Torquebox if it blows up again out of warranty. Keep u posted on how the transmission warranty goes.

39. 39 Julz Apr 6th, 2010 at 4:40 am

Above is the correct link, (please adim guy, can u delete the above post for me)for my pics of the installation of my new 125 Revtech motor.

40. 40 REVELLER Apr 28th, 2010 at 9:19 am

I have been BEATING the crap out’a my ’94 decker w/110 RT and 6spd w/BDL comp clutch, trying to break it before the 3 year motor warranty was up for ,>>>>>you know………………. Couldn’t break it. It’s been 4 years now and she still pulls the front wheel on the old FL going into 2nd gear, no problem! And no fatty on the back!!! Can’t wait to try a 125 in the next project. Wish that CCI offered the stock 1st gear in their 6spds though…

41. 41 charlie May 4th, 2010 at 3:28 pm

i have an 04 100 inche revtech no i dont like foreign made items i am union but fact is this thing will fry a 250 rear tire,to the point of warping it, had to replace 2 tires that had plenty of rubber left avon venoms. not ever a single drop of oil leak or usage, looks like a harley sounds like a harley, but it ain’t a harley,p.s. i like oriental women to

42. 42 Julz May 10th, 2010 at 6:24 am

As a follow up to my earlier post where my newly purchased R/T 125 had chewed out the bearings of my Ultima transmissions main drive gear…within a month of sending the damaged parts off to ultima,(from Australia to USA)they sent me back a complete new gear-set! They do honor their warranties and improve their products all the time. the gear set they sent back was designed for baggers and fits in the softail case no probs, its part no.98-902. Hope it holds up to the big power of the 125, otherwise its time to try a Baker…

43. 43 Wolf Peltonen Aug 6th, 2010 at 9:14 am

my Revtech chrome polished 110 inch in a flht police bagger runs strong has eaten 110 hd like there plain 88 twin cams and 117 s&s took up a spot 100feet back and stayed there, aint done nothing but changea position 200 back but stayed close no problems and i haven’t done anything but change oil every 2000 miles like i do in all my bikes,110 got 66, 300 no problems, uses no oil either, i run schaiffers 20-50 vtwin oil in all my bikes

44. 44 Julz Aug 10th, 2010 at 3:48 am

My R/T125 has just chewed another tire and ultima clutch basket!! thats the 3rd tire in about 8000kms!!
    and i have had to file the cheap ultima basket down twice now to stop the plates from grabbing…but somehow i wouldnt have it any other way.

45. 45 Julz Aug 19th, 2010 at 6:59 am

Im noticing that the compensator nut seems to keep comin loose (even when lock-tighted) if u wind her out to often, other than that, no probs so far at 10,000kms

46. 46 Pete Sep 28th, 2010 at 11:12 pm

I bought rev-Tec on a recomend from a shop. What a piece of junk. There warantee doe not suck It’s non exsistant. To much for two little

47. 47 Martin Oct 12th, 2010 at 7:32 am

I am considering buying a custombike with a 100″ Revtech engine and a 6 speed Revtech gearbox fitted. The mileage is about 10 000. How can I tell what generation engine it is? As far as I understand, if it is a “4×4″ engine, it i worth buying, but how can I check it out and be shure?

I have tried to find this out by searching on the internet, but I haven’t managed to find any good sites to guide me around in this. The Custom Chrome site is no exception, there is not much info there.

Martin, Norway.

48. 48 harley charlie Oct 13th, 2010 at 6:45 pm

your all hypocrits harley hasnt made a front end eversince 1972 many engine parts are imported, and my 04 100 inche revtech runs like a champ zero problems other than ruining rear tires it will smoke a 250 rear here to china,your all full of it talk is cheap meet you at the track.or any straght away we can find, not that i can’t be beat just hasn’t happened yet and if you do beat me it won’t be by much so go ahead stick with your american made whata joke willy G, has sold you out deal with it ,i feel for you but fact is america doesn’t do much manurfacturing its a crying shame but don’t blame a good engine

49. 49 weedane Dec 17th, 2010 at 7:40 pm

Hi fellow brethern,
    Broken cam gear just lunched the oil pump in my ’96 EVO so I just ordered a RT110 today. I’ll be more than happy to let you know how this works out. This will be my first “non-harley” experience since I started riding in ’77. I do feel a bit uncomfortable about how it will be received by my “bud’s” but If it’s too bad I guess I can replace them too. Right!

50. 50 david tessier Feb 15th, 2011 at 12:20 am

I have a 100 4×4 ,16,000 with know prob. The only thing negitive is the cam, ev 72 in all the motors. Thats right, 100, 110, 115, &125. In my bike I had to change my frount belt sprocket to a 30t too have the revs work with the speed limit.

51. 51 adellDredly Mar 10th, 2011 at 12:46 pm

Thanks for posting a great! I like to read it, you could be a great author.I always bookmark your blog, and may come back later in life. I want to encourage you to continue your great work, have a nice weekend!

52. 52 len B May 5th, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I have a 110 and have had a lot of problems up till now, its on my bench in a bunch of worthless pieces. W T F paid good money for it , can’t give it away now. These are 10,000 mile motors, we live in a throw away society. I treated this motor good, breakin, oil changes etc. Built my dream bike, loved it but should have stayed clear of RevTech crap!!!

53. 53 ranster May 11th, 2011 at 3:33 am

I have a revtech 100ci 4×4 motor it is an 2005 model it keep blowing the oil cap off tore the top half down all the ring gaps were lined up DIRECLY UP THAT IS NOT A QUISIDINSE i have about 52000 miles on it dose not leak a drop of oil and dont burn any oil has 185 lbs of compression on the front and rear cylynder its has been rode very hard and the rods are still tight i was shocked to find no head gasket when i tore it down. the engine out pulls a twin cam very bad REVTECH HAS THE BEST WARRANTY ON THE MARKET

54. 54 ranster May 11th, 2011 at 3:37 am

len b there is bad motors in all brands I will say revtech gen1 and gen2 had a lot of issues

55. 55 len B May 12th, 2011 at 4:19 pm

ranster, glad to here your having good luck with your motor, actually s&s has a 3 year warranty on there SDI motors and thats probably where I will be going next. Still can’t understand why it will cost more to rebuild than buy new? Got a bent crank and no bearings left and I’am looking at more than $3,000.00 to repair, not right.

56. 56 Biker Jim May 23rd, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I currently have a chopper I built in 2000, it has a 88″ Rev Tech with 94,000 miles, never been disassembled in any way, maintained meticulously but ridden hard. Sturgis to Chino Ca. in 26 hours in 07′ never missed a beat and doesn’t leak a drop uless I over fill the oil a little and that would be my fault right. owned a few Harleys in my days, same care given to them and never
    have gotten over 60k without having to pull the top end or something major. Oh yeah my Rev
    Tech 5 speed has the same miles, replaced starter at 80,000 I love Harleys too but built my custom and Rev Tech offered a better warranty than S&S so I gave them a try, No Regrets
    Ride Safe All.. Biker Jim Out…

57. 57 rick grebe Jun 8th, 2011 at 7:54 pm

well, I have a 100 revtech with 12k miles on it…leaking oil and metal in the oil pump and crank case vent valve. cant even get a return phone call on the problem. yes the motor is out of the 2 yr coverage but it has 12k on it. the bottom end coming apart, really???!!!!

58. 58 len B Jun 11th, 2011 at 11:40 am

rick, sounds like your having the same problem as I have with mine. your problem could be the roller tappets lose there needle bearings and contaminate your motor. They use the cheapest tappets out there and don’t last. All the bearings will be shot by now and the seals will be melted from the excess heat and metal. Check your wiring for meted coverings against the engine case. I heard some were that there was a class action lawsuit against rev tech because of this problem. Anybody here about this?

59. 59 Robert Nov 17th, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Well I can’t speak for Rev Tech But I HAVE OR HAD TILL POS BLEW UP TP 121” BOW TO THE SUN AND SAY TP THREE TIMES
    TP was no help motor leaked oil from cases from day one.Still had factory timing jetting ect. I don’t run my bikes had a do real good up keep.
    It cut loose @ 1800 @ 60mph .
    I can say that I have a Rev Tech 5 in a four speed case on my s&s shovelhead and have no trouble with either.
    I would not put a Tp in a lawn mower.
    S&S is a outstanding motor.
    I think I’m going to try a 125” had good dealing with Rev Tech dealer have had nothing but a broken wallet with TP

60. 60 Julz Dec 6th, 2011 at 5:09 am

Ive had a Revtech 125 running for 2.5 years now and has done over 25,000kms trouble free. Had a sticky compression release that i cleaned up and now works fine again. Ive had a few air cleaner bolts loosen up occasionally(as its solid mounted in a softail frame). Cant tighten them much as they are hollow and will snap easily enough so just have to keep an eye. I know guys with these motors in dyna frames and they swear by them.
    One guy said he had his gaskets blow on both barrels but i reckon he might have given it too much throttle too soon when he was running it in, or just thrashed it a bit much when cold.

Metzeler