paulteutuljuniorThese days, Paul Teutul Jr, helped by his girlfriend Rachel, is mostly working out of his house, launching his new business JR Designs. Yes, he is still making appearances on American Chopper, but mostly is trying to transition to industrial design with Coleman Stoves as 1st client of his new venture. I belong to the category of people who think that if you can design complex machines like custom motorcycles you can successfully design many other products. You have or you don’t have a knack at design, period. So, I think that Paul Jr. is making the right move and may be successful, especially after being introduced to a vast corporate world via his TV reality show.

As far as the OCC show, I guess that it is the last season.  Not only it was getting old (would like to see the audience numbers), but if you remove the discord between father & son, the testosterone pumping fights and the antics and grimaces of Mikey, any camera and spectator will be bored by the spectacle of a motorcycle being assembled. No drama = no audience. Did Paul Sr. made a marketing and financial mistake by building his huge Mac Headquarter and by investing in a line of OCC production bikes? I always thought so. It was quite a ride for the Teutul family. They made millions for themselves and are set for life. Congratulations. But the last curtain is going to fall. The show is over. Back to real life.

265 Responses to “American Chopper’s Paul Teutul Jr. Leaves OCC TV Reality Show For His Own Business”

1. 1 Dana Apr 26th, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Having just retired I started watching the show in January 2011. I had fallen asleep and when I awoke there was this man screaming at what it turned out to be his son. I loved the outcome of the bike and scheduled FIOS to automatically record the series which I watched on weekends when nothing else was on. It seemed the larger the company became the more demands were put on the staff. Long hours, weekends. Sr. treated his son like a machine with absolutely no respect. As for being late why in the world would a motorcycle shop open at 7am?? 8:30 would be a better hour, lots of parts would be in. I liked the interaction between the guys but at the end, after Jr. left, Sr’s ridiculing his own son was too much, I found myself swearing four letter words at him and just don’t watch any more.

2. 2 Arthur John May 20th, 2011 at 12:08 pm

There are a couple of issues here. 1st. Teutul Sr. A very bad, very heavy ego problem. 2nd., he really did treat Jr. like dirt. Really bad part, Jr. also started having ego problems after he started becoming more noticed. Therefore, A BIGGER CHEST! So, obviously, it was just a matter of time both egos were going to clash against each other. The rift could simmer down if they both accept they both grew up in this together. There’s no more important than the other. No reason father and son can’t share the glory. Wish I had mine around to do just that …

3. 3 Ken Bostater May 23rd, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Hey Paul, I watch your show just about every night and i competative shoot at Camp Perry ,Ohio. I shook hands with (Gunny) Early Ermy last year.The national Rifle and pistol matches are held here every year in July and August. I think it would be cool if the civilian Markesmanship or the NRA would have you build them a bike for the National Matches this year ,I also think if you guys built a bike after the Spirit of Saint Louis airplane with a jeweled gas tank and fenders. I like the spiral pattern of jeweling I’ve never seen it on a motor cycle and think it would stand out cool!!! GOOD luck to you and yours. I would be so impresst if i new you read this.

4. 4 tom oshields May 30th, 2011 at 10:03 pm

hi paul just watched the show the caddy bike looks great you and your crew are the best .can’t wait to see the finish.your father looks like his old grumpy self.your shop has the better crew.working with less and your still the best.I hope your father watches the show maybe he will see why his head is so thick.p.s I would love to come see your shop

5. 5 finland men Jun 3rd, 2011 at 5:33 am

i look paul jr,not can newer make own busines good.he not work newer and all popularis go he head,big asshole this men.
    sr,is really good workingmen and can think busines too .
    mikey is big loser,newer can do anythink ready,good, he is only big drunger and loser all he life,big stupid baby.
    seniors bikes all is wery finest,jr,not can newer make any fine bike.

6. 6 finland men Jun 3rd, 2011 at 5:37 am

all finland peoples hate jr,becos he no can work newer ,only show and play.stupid diva men.
    happy news,sr,make busines contract in finland country and finland peoples can buy occ choppers now.good,anybody not buy newer jr,choppers.only idiot peoples buy jr,anythink.

7. 7 American resident Jul 27th, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Bravo Paul Jr !!! Paul Sr is so “Full” of himself !!! Used to be a fan of the show when it first came out. Had a chance to visit the shop while in the area on business trip. Several fans from out of town stood outside the shop hoping to get a simple Hello from Paul Senior as he rode in with his bike.
    He Totally “Dissed” them in the outmost ARROGANT pompus way ! The only kind and humble person who walked by and by everyone was Rick. Paul Jr was not at the shop that morning.

8. 8 sinisa Jul 28th, 2011 at 5:54 am

Greetings from Siniša for occ

good day I would like all companies radniciama occ and am interested in how much cost to make a chopper for my company or the price to make a chopper?

9. 9 AJB Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:35 pm

I was looking at all the comments. I wonder if they think about your comments as they run to the bank!

10. 10 Vince Sep 24th, 2011 at 1:04 pm

GOOD LUCK PAUL JR!!!!! Like your Bikes Better anyway.I would love to build a bike. Daddy should say he is sorry.Big ego, Big mouth, Bad temper.

11. 11 annie Oct 18th, 2011 at 12:06 pm

super bisous

12. 12 Jo Anne Roberts Oct 18th, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Paul jr. I don’t know why you didnt open up your own shop sooner. When I first started watching i only did because my boyfriend had you all tuned in. I got where I liked the show. i love bikes but didnt want to watch building them. now i love you guys but,………your father…….he treats Mikey so much nicer than he treats you. i am watching the episode on 10/18/2011 and Mikey was sleeping IN THE SHOP! your dad was not in the least upset. i remember an episode not long ago when you were a few minutes late and your dad had a hissy fit. And you are always bustin a nut for him! i don’t get it. you are his son too. I think he coddles Mikey way too much and that is why Mikey doesn’t have any skills. your bro is lucky you dont take it out on him that your father is nicer to him than you. Most bros would, Anyway, I’am hapy for you to have your own shop, do your own thing and come in when ever the heck you want to. your father has some soul searching to do. i think what he does to Mikey is hurting that amn. he will never be able to stand alone without the support of YOU or your dad. Daddy isn’t doin him justice. GET A JOB MIKEY GET AND EDUCATION! Anything but stand around and try to figure what where you are goin! Sorry i had to say that. It is so hard watchin you be treated like that paul Jr. You should be proud of yourself. and you are so artistic! your designs and ideas are awesome. WTG Paul jr. from Akron Ohio Jo Anne Roberts

13. 13 Dave Moody Oct 22nd, 2011 at 7:00 am

Hey what a ride .When it first came on TV or Cable its was the best show great bike’s and great ideas , And the main thing about this show was the team . Vinny was the hands and Paul Jr was the feet and the show was great , But like every thing that becomes great the people become stupid ? Once Vinny left the show . It was on a down hill ride , Sr you are a fool and you are also very stupid and dont blame the grog ??? You had it made with you and your sons ,what a life . But its all done . You need to be a real man and show your son you care ,Paul Jr all the best mate and thanks for all the good ideas you gave us in the show .

14. 14 RAUL RZ Oct 26th, 2011 at 1:31 pm

lamento los muy malos comentarios que hicieron sobre occ que llegaba a su fin, bien ya estamos al final del 2011 y la separacion de pablo sr y junior a traido mas exito para ellos. quienes seguimos a occ desde sus comienzos y vemos ahora lo que hoy es, no podemos negar que esto es una muestra que si podemos hacer las cosas bien con o sin titulo. BIEN POR OCC

15. 15 Robert H. Peterson Oct 27th, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Pleas forgive my speeling
    I’ve been wocthing your show now for some time and have to say frist of all ,that i belive that your bicks are batter than your dads
    But after wocthing your shows now for over a year and seeing all of you (dad inclouded) that i whont you to know the one thing that will eat me till the day that i die, and that is that i naver got to mack peace with my dad befor he died . I know that i can only go by whot i see on the t v . I belive that you truly love your dad and out of the two of you , you have sade more good about him than he about you , but consiter this for a shourt time . tomarrow is not promies to any of us .
    you , Your famly ,And you dad is in are ( me and my ladys ) pears
    I naver will be abule to ride But injoy seeing all the art that your rides have

Just a fan of the show