New 2010 Harley-Davidson CVO™ Ultra Classic Electra Glide

2010HarleyCVOUltraClassicElToday, Harley-davidson is releasing a new CVO serialized edition (999 units at a suggested U.S. retail price of $36,499) of its luxurious Ultra classic Electra Glide Model. And as you can see, Harley continues to lean to the dark side by trading the shine of chrome for a fade to black. The CVO Ultra is built on the new Touring chassis introduced by Harley-Davidson in 2009, based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and swingarm specifically developed to suit the needs of long-haul touring rides.

It is powered by a black and chrome Screamin’ Eagle® Twin Cam 110™ engine and a 6-speed Cruise Drive® transmission, which is the largest-displacement V-Twin engine offered from the factory by Harley-Davidson. Besides the black power-train, this special edition touring bike got a dark with a Crimson Mist Black / Dark Slate and Flame graphics base color, and approximately 185 other unique black parts, components and accessories. It includes “Contrast Chrome” Roulette wheels (17-inch front and 16-inch rear), a “Rumble” collection featuring nine Gloss Black accessories from mirrors to saddlebag latch covers, black engine and saddlebag guards, and Diamond Black gauge faces. The bike is equipped with a low 6.5-inch smoked windshield and adds premium Touring features like anti-lock braking system (ABS), LED saddlebag lights, Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), a six-gallon fuel tank, Brembo brakes and 160-watt CD/AM/FM/WB/MP3 Advanced Audio System by Harman-Kardon, CB and intercom, and passenger audio with controls, cruise control, plus standard XM Radio and a handlebar-mounted Road Tech™ zūmo® 660 GPS Navigator. For comfort, Harley added a dual control heated leather seat with new perforated printed insert and a leather passenger backrest with adjustable lumbar support. Harley-Davidson CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide.

49 Responses to “New 2010 Harley-Davidson CVO™ Ultra Classic Electra Glide”

1. 1 Harley Head Jan 25th, 2010 at 6:37 pm

Its a good thing Harley is really working on building and selling bikes people can afford.. Good move H-D.. $40G’s for this bike ? With all due respect to the Cool-Aid-Drinkers… This is an old wormed over Black piece of poo-poo……..

(reminds me of the master piece of the new “48”… what an awesome brain storm of new technology in that new ‘piece’…. WOW, stunning…. cough-cough)

For the $36,500 +TTL and all the other BS fees.. There are many other GREAT bikes for much less money…. Of course, unless your good friends with Jim Jones….

Over-Out HH

2. 2 WILLIE Jan 25th, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Harley keep going with these prices who,s going to buy them ? Any body notice the depression ?

3. 3 Brett Jan 25th, 2010 at 7:16 pm

I have also heard from many people, that the Harley 110’s are dogs. Twist the wick & nothing happens. These are people that own 110’s, dealers & machanics.

I dunno, I’d like to see all of us, Harley included, make it out of this recession, but seriously, motorcycles that cost the same amount as a new SUV or Pick up??? I just don’t see that as the way to make it out.

How about more like more Sportsers like the 883L that can be had for $6,995 or make a Softail Standard for about $12,000 again???

4. 4 Seymour Jan 25th, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Now I’m starting to worry that HD and Indian are on to something (they’re not stupid), and it’s just that the rest of us are poor. : (

5. 5 bikerspaceman Jan 25th, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Now they just have to find 999 people to buy the overpriced things……

6. 6 Superglidesport Jan 25th, 2010 at 8:56 pm

This 110 P.O.S. has a 100% failure and recall rate from ’07 through ’09. Many of the 2010 110’s are also self destructing and HD in all of their corporate wisdom keeps crusading this anemic, stroked and bored heat monster to unknowing sheep / customers.

Could any other OEM vehicle manufacturer get away with this BS and ever think to keep their customers never mind keeping it from the press? HD will end up being a victim of their own recent successes. They got greedy, took their customers for granted and let the product languish. Now that sales are down and many of their dealers are strapped, the products are stale and prospective customers are not interested.

Short sighted, corporate greed guided by overpaid and inexperienced executives. Jim Ziemer bailed rather than having to deal with the consequences of his lack of vision and subservience to stockholders.

7. 7 36 Special @ Open Road Biker Jan 25th, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Like the bike (specs make for a nice ride in any weather), but I don’t like the price tag and for that kind of money I wouldn’t want to ride it in some of the crap that I ride my Dyna in. All I know is heated seats sure would come in handy in TN right now.

8. 8 Gus Grissom Jan 25th, 2010 at 11:37 pm

Air cooled was good up through the 1340 Evos. But the Moco hit a physics brick wall after that. So they whipped out the band-aids like heat guards so people didn’t fry their legs, and, wait for it, Hey let’s just shut down the rear cylinder!

The only hope for the larger motors (to remain air cooled) is some type of baffling system to channel air around the cylinders. Volkswagen bugs and airplanes have been using baffling for 70 years or so.

$36,499? I’ve never seen a new Harley that was worth even $20G.

The Moco is certainly a survivor, but if they want to make some serious coin they should shit-can the entire dealer network and sell factory direct basic big twins for about $10,000. (About all any of them are worth).

I could see Willie G doing the TV commercial standing outside the York plant now.

“Hey, I’m crazy Willy, I stack ’em deep and sell ’em cheap!

Then they’d need trailers to haul off the profits . . .

9. 9 4Cammer Jan 26th, 2010 at 12:13 am

Incredible.

10. 10 rough rider Jan 26th, 2010 at 12:24 am

What ever happened to the rumor of them putting the V-Rod engine in the touring bikes, now that would be interesting, water cooled for long distance. I guess that would be just to easy and not cost effective to Harley, why make a motor that will last and not need repairs like the 110 ci, all I can say is keep up the good work, someday you’ll figure it all out, YEA RIGHT !!! “Strike Two Willie) What Next ?? Tune in next week for the new episode of “WILLIE WACKS HIS WONKER” again….
    NUFF SAID for now..

11. 11 Harley Head Jan 26th, 2010 at 2:02 am

Ive thought about this for two more seconds..
    Is there EVER going to be a time in Harley history that they step away, or start to head the company in a direction of being a LEADER !!!!! HOW LONG is Harley going to depend on the “nostalgic” buyer? In fifty years are most Harley going to look like the bikes today, as the ones today look similar to the 40/50’s ? Why is every motorcycle company working very hard every year to lead the industry in new technology but Harley is adding a black dash and wheels to its most luxurious bike for 2010.. Really?….. I mean really? When is someone over there going to step up with some balls and change the mind set a little.. Throw the V-Rod motor in this bike for peet-sake… There are at least two other bikes that have a bigger motor, more power, and look very similar to this Harley out on the market today, One of them is about $14K MSRP and the other is about $25K.MSRP. Both are world class bike in there own right with all the new technology in the frame, swing arm, suspension, electronics, Etc….. Of course they dont have the H-D badge… Other than the ‘cool-aid-drinkers’ of the world, why does the public put up with this crap. H-D is American, we should lead the industry. Harley has just sat on there butt for so many years as there core market has gotten older.
    WAKE UP Harley, the new generation plays video games, and drives Import cars. The owners of business I know and deal with, (in the 30-40yr range) can buy any bike they want are buying just about everything BUT a Harley.
    This is just outrage that this is just the same POS year after year, and then with the car companies, unemployment, government, Etc, Etc. Harley wants to show us there latest and greatest. Your kidding right. You (the people reading this) have always know there is a dumb ass born every second, right?..GOOD, Harley is depending on them. I think this little ‘saying’ is sitting propped up on the desk of CEO Keith Wandell desk… WAKE UP Mr.Wandell and Mr. Levatich…
    I like Harley, Ive owned most of the brands out in the world. But most important to me is H-D is American. It upsets me that ‘our’ bikes lack in SO many areas and then seam to be the most expensive out on the open market. When are Harley going to be a leader in the industry with technology (and then if need be, covered to look old) and also be competitive in the world market? WHEN ? As I sit back and try to understand the world as it its today, with everything going on in our country and world economic situation I think we can see clearly of the state of mind of H-D USA with this latest bike….. They are sheltered people sitting up in there offices with no real concept of what is going on in the real world… shocking, just look at there bikes over the last thirty years… I think they have some NBC executives sitting on the board of directors over there at H-D….
    Don’t even get me started on unions…

BRETT **I think they are trying to compete with the Indian Chiefs….so they slapped a $37,000 price tag on a bike. It’s also nice to see Harley jump all over the black fad, about 6 years too late.**
    Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha, compete with Indian, really… LOL how many Chiefs do you see rolling down the street.. I give Indian less than a year, again…. Black fad 6 years too late….LOL CLASIC…. Leave it to the brainiacs at HD to come up with OLD ideas….. LOL

bikerspaceman: Now they just have to find 999 people to buy the overpriced things……
    There out there, you can spot them ten miles away… There called cool-aid-drinkers…. lame

Superglidesport :This is an incredibly boring and outrageously expensive example of HD being out of touch with reality, the economy, their prospective customers and the industry in general. Just more warmed over BS from the corporate parts bin! Where’s the engineering?
    COULD NOT AGREE MORE !!!!!!!!

IM OUT H-H !!!

12. 12 ian Jan 26th, 2010 at 2:49 am

HD have to make bike like this – its marketing- a blinged up top range model in a limited edition that WILL sell out. For the customer that buys it, they think its a bargain – they can afford it – and its cheaper than making their own one. I don’t particularly like it but i don’t hate it either – its just what it is – a full spec bagger that will get you from A to B in a bit of style and comfort!

13. 13 raycwheeler Jan 26th, 2010 at 3:57 am

WOW,

only 999 units?

raycwheeler usa

14. 14 Chris Hunter Jan 26th, 2010 at 5:03 am

It’s a pig. Nothing more nothing less.

15. 15 Fluke Jan 26th, 2010 at 6:32 am

Does it come with the obligatory reverse gear and flip down outrigger wheels.

In other news Entrosys have just announced their motorcycle air con unit is in production. HD will be fitting it as standard across the whole bagger range. Ok, I made the last bit up, sue me.

In the UK we blacked out our bikes In the 80’s to stand out from the crowd and rebel against chrome everything production bikes, now it seems we will have to start re chroming everything.

Looks like chrome is the new black.

16. 16 Scott Jan 26th, 2010 at 8:10 am

Another stroke of genius from the boys at the motor company. I’ll take 2 when I get my Obama welfare check.

17. 17 BadMonkeyMW Jan 26th, 2010 at 9:04 am

Looks too much like H-D has made up their minds to just go down with the ship. After I read the quote from their CEO about how they won’t ever discount their bikes because ‘you have to pay full price if you want to own a Harley’, it was painfully obvious that they’d rather destroy one of the greatest companies in U.S. history than swallow their pig-headed pride and make changes to remain viable in today’s marketplace. Oh well, they had a great run while it lasted.

18. 18 FRED JOHNSON Jan 26th, 2010 at 9:19 am

I WANT A USED ONE ! RESALE FRED

19. 19 Rich Jan 26th, 2010 at 9:22 am

And why on earth do you need an air temp gauge on a $37,000 motorcycle (or any bike for that matter ) why not an oil temp gauge for Christ’s sake

20. 20 Lyle Jan 26th, 2010 at 9:31 am

Being a somewhat limited edition, I bet they’ll sell all 999 of them. The price isn’t far off base from the screaming eagles and I see them all over the road. It’s a big country and there’s still folks with a lot of money.

21. 21 tejasandre Jan 26th, 2010 at 1:27 pm

I’ll take one. (in 2 years for 15k)

22. 22 Patrick Jansen Jan 26th, 2010 at 1:31 pm

I’d take a Victory Vision for half the price to be honest. I mean, if I wanted a blacked out Ultra I could buy a used one and black it out alot cheaper. I can even give customers one hell of a deal on doing it for them. That’s just a big number on a reworked bike.

23. 23 Doc Robinson Jan 26th, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Superglidesport, you ask “where’s the engineering?” Where were you when the Motor Company totally redesigned and rebuilt the Touring range for the 2009 model year and up? Totally new chassis and many other improvements lead to brilliant handling and much nicer bikes to ride. After spending a couple of weeks in the saddle of an 09 I went into the dealership and traded my 2004 CVO on a new Street Glide. Brilliant bike!
    Styling? This is what the customers want – TRADITION – and this is proven by the success of Harley-Davidson world wide and which has only been impacted adversely by the greed of the finance industry leading to the GFC.
    Harley-Davidson still predicts it will ship between 201,000 to 212,000 motorcycles this year. Compare that with a total production of 13,073 units in 1957, 8,477 in 1963, 15,575 in 1969, 28,039 in 1983 and 65,009 in 1991. Still makes Harley-Davidson a highly successful company by any measure despite being down on the past couple of years. Of course the company has made mistakes along the way; no doubt it will make many more. But that’s the nature of being in business in a free market economy.
    And Gus, Harley-Davidson tourers run hot due to EPA regulations. Swap out the air filter for a high flowing unit, change the pipes and fit a Thundermax or Power Commander and see those temperatures drop. Doing this made a huge difference to my 09.

24. 24 fuji Jan 26th, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Controling inventory levels by the Company at Harley dealerships is harder than trying to outrun one of its . Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic Electra Glides

25. 25 Superglidesport Jan 26th, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Doc,

Total redesign of the chassis! You think that’s a milestone? For HD I agree, that’s one hell of a project. The old FL chassis was already almost 25 years old and should have been replaced 10-15 years ago. BTW, many owners of ’09+ FL’s are complaining of too harsh of a ride and many of their passengers won’t ride along anymore!

Heat and you’re blaming the EPA! BMW has an air cooled twin, makes more power and isn’t plagued with heat. Blame HD for not “evolving” with a liquid cooled engine soon enough. They have two on the shelf right now at 2.0 and 2.4 litres respectively. Both have been EPA approved since 2008 but they didn’t have the stones to try something new that many prospective buyers want.

Hey, I bought a 2007 and had to spend almost $3000 before I could ride it without throwing-up. Bad heat, no power, bad gearing, clunking, clattering and chattering and HD tells me that after riding them for 40 years that everything is normal. The first HD I bought new that I couldn’t ride without re-engineering it myself. Only HD could get away with it. Shame on them! They could use more cheerleaders like you. Especially now!

26. 26 TPEvans Jan 26th, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Doc, you are dead on.Tradition sells. Let Harley come out with a water cooled inline 4 and the same people blasting Harley now for sticking with tradition would come unglued and criticize the MOCO for abandoning its roots. These are the same folks that complain about laws directed at motorcycles only and then ridicule “newbies” that might add to the motorcycle communities political voice as being “posers”. Way to go. No wonder so many adverse laws get jammed down.

Back to design, I don’t hear anyone saying that the Fender Stratocaster design should be changed because its just not attracting enough younger guitar players. Should the timeless design of a Vespa Scooter be altered because the current design is just dated? Of course not. Harley keeps improving the design, much as VW did with the Beetle for so long.

Yes, they do have to deal with ever more oppressive and illogical environmental regs that impact the way the motor runs. The cost to fix this is a not so hidden tax on the buyer, but fix it we will – both with a new ECM and at the ballot box.

As far as the question goes as to who will spend this much money on a bike – Harley has been selling Screaming Eagles at this price for quite awhile. I don’t have the money to buy one, but I am sure they will sell out, and quickly. More power to the buyer’s . As an added benefit, a group of American workers in York, PA get to keep their job for a while longer. That’s a good thing for them and their families.

27. 27 ROCKSTAR Jan 26th, 2010 at 11:59 pm

subtract 10 to 12K

then I get very interested

28. 28 toph Jan 27th, 2010 at 2:34 am

thanks doc for chiming in.

there’s no way to argue the point here, there’s a lot of venom in the air-especially for H-D right now. the bagger market, as far as motorcycles, has done well and probably sustained the MOCO in the recent past.

the sporty used to be the biggest seller, now it’s the touring rig.

i’d bet most of the h-d haters above this post have never logged any real time on a CVO. chime in, let us know, really, give us all your informed opinion, not what you read on the internet.

the 110 does run hot and doc hit it on the nose- it is government regulations that make them that way. it’s still a kick ass fun bike to ride. i’m pretty sure a good bagger pilot will smoke you in the twisties on the cool-guy rigids that get praised here all the time.

it’s what you want. it’s what you preach. it’s because of you that the air cooled motor is still the hot ticket in H-D land. it’s what you know and how to build and work on. imagine if you had to build new parts for every model year change like many of the big 4 manufacturers. displacement had to increase due to gov input just to get the same amount of power per cube as eg. an EVO.

anyway- the negativity here brought me out of the woodwork.

hope to see you in cinci doc-

29. 29 Superglidesport Jan 27th, 2010 at 6:10 am

Every MC manufacturer has to deal with government regs. Name another manufacturer where you have to spend thousands on top of the initial purchase just to get it to run respectably. HD’s have had way too many issues with quality and practically all of their CVO’s had major engine reliability problems (including heat, oil leaks and self destruction right out of the gate) for years on end and the problems still are prevalent.

Remember the first recent re-engineering of the Touring line in 2007 / intro of the 96″ and 6 speed Cruise drive? Nothing but problems and complaints about heat, bad gearing and noise. It took them another three years to fix some of the problems that they said were non-existent or normal at the time. 2009 they intro a new frame that has turning radius issues (ask any police department) , harsh ride and recalled due to gas tank mounting issues. Again, not enough R&D. Not ready for prime time syndrome. No excuses for that.

Oh, and lets continue to give them kudos for being stuck in the past. Yeah, some call it tradition and heritage. That’s what happened to GM’s Saturn division. They let a good product go stale. When they realized it….too late. Today’s buyers are smart and want value, not just marketing BS. Let’s continue to compare state of the art, high tech, computer controlled, two-wheeled transportation with a 50 year old Fender Stratocaster or a Vespa scooter. Great analogy!

HD has been arogant and took the market for granted for many years. That attitude trickled down through dealers and even sales and service folks at the local dealers. Impossible to deal with or relate to. Many, many long term HD customers have had it. I am one and know many of them. Again, I’ve been giving them my business for 40 years and purchased many new MC’s. I’m speaking from experience.

30. 30 ian Jan 27th, 2010 at 11:15 am

See HD just promoted this on their Facebook page and have had 4600+ Likes registered already – not that that means anything of course.

31. 31 1550tc Jan 27th, 2010 at 1:50 pm

only 999 units?

anything to get guys with HD stamped on their foreheads to pay 10 k more

unreal how they just create and rape these niche market buyers

32. 32 fuji Jan 27th, 2010 at 3:10 pm

Twenty-eight dealers closed in 2009, . word is that another 15 would close in Q1 2010. unless the heavens open.

An old friend of mine ” another state ” would love nothing more then to get out from under his dealership his concern is how to keep the lights on without draining his bank account.

33. 33 Harley Head Jan 27th, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Fuji,

Tell him to order a few of these $40K paper weights……. I’m sure he will sell them OVER NIGHT……
    LOLOLOLOLOL LMFAO !!!!!!!!

1550tc: you can see those bozo’s walking in.. wearing all there China made H-D gear and Harley head bands…… LOL ROCK OUT ! LOL Money does not = brains ! These are the same dude that would love to show you there Italian shoes and there name brand suit and tie’s !

I’m having a little fun poking fun at a WAY over price and under engineered scooter (most if not all Harleys) … My crystal ball tells me (more like 8 ball) that H-D is on the same path as the US auto makers where on… The only difference is one day the US government is going to laugh in the face of the HD executives for a bail out…. and sadly that will be the end unless Buffett steps in……. Then the ‘followers’ will all be really pissed off !!!! LOL

34. 34 Slow Ride Jan 28th, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Why the negativity? This is still a free market economy. If you don’t like something, don’t buy it. If someone else likes it, and they buy it, what the f*** do you care? Don’t like the direction and styling of the motor company? Fine. Who cares what you think. I don’t buy Harley’s because they are engineered better. I buy them cause I like them and they have some personallity if I make a few changes. I don’t like Toyota’s so I don’t buy one. Great cars…. but I don’t like them, too vanilla. So I don’t go running over to the Toyota dealer and tell them they are too boring, I just don’t buy. If I had an extra $100k sitting around would I buy a $36K bike? Probably not. If I had an extra $10M sitting around, would I buy an overpriced $36K bike? Maybe I’d buy two….if I liked it. And I wouldn’t care what you poor bastards thought, I’d have my two CVO’s sipping whiskey on South Beach and I’d be laughing at you guys riding around on evo’s.

35. 35 cwglide Jan 28th, 2010 at 8:13 pm

If you dont like HD dont buy it. We all have different tastes and the market will decide HD fate. Lets not forget that HD owns the US Cruiser, and Touring markets. How about when Japan got into the Cruiser market and started coping the V-Twin style, and came out with the Virago, Shadow, VT1100, Nomad etc. I am not saying it was HD that invented the V-Twin, that was Curtis i believe. But it was HD that headed the market, and Japan followed. Sounds like a leader to me. HD has its own unique identity and I would like to keep it that way. I just wish HD will finally come to realization to offer a touring kit for the VROD, and not market as a drag bike? or what?

36. 36 just my opinion Jan 29th, 2010 at 6:17 pm

I only have couple questions for you HD supporters. If you pay 36,500 for a bike shouldn’t you be able to ride that bike without burning your leg? Should you really have to spend an additional 2000 in parts just to cool the engine down enough so that you can ride it in hot weather? Don’t take this the wrong way because I like HD’s and in fact own three but I also think they should do something about their over heating problems.

37. 37 J Jan 29th, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Seriously? I wonder what the R&D budget was on this project- “Uh gee, let’s put 12 engineers on how to turn it black….”

38. 38 giest Jan 30th, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Um…it’s a CVO. CVOs are notoriously expensive. These bikes are assembled by a single person by hand. That’s why it’s priced the way it is. I could understand all the complaining if H-D priced all their bikes at that point, but they don’t. They have high end machines and they have low end machines. The people who can afford it will buy it.

39. 39 liuchuang Jan 31st, 2010 at 2:51 am

Sell it to China,we can afford it .The harley in China is a only a toy for the rich.The riders do not buy 883,it is too cheap. The riders in China do not know what is harley life style,they only place it on their livingroom.

40. 40 Jeff Nicklus Feb 1st, 2010 at 11:50 am

All this hoop-la and the fact remains it is just another bagger just like all the other baggers HD has ever built except they tacked another $10K on the price tag of this one. Buy this bike and take it to Sturgis and you still will not be able to pick your bike out of the crowd. Just my 2 cents worth.

Over & Out,

Jeff

41. 41 Derik Feb 1st, 2010 at 11:51 am

Interesting thread. Here’s my CVO ownership tale.

My first Harley is/was a 2000 FLTRSEI, (Screamin Eagle Road Glide, Orange/Black color set). It was the first CVO Bagger produced. It was a “tribute” to the Screamin Eagle Draggin Bagger of the same era. I bought it new.

When deciding on the bike, I hadn’t ridden in over 10 years (racing cars became a passion).
    I was 36, and had wanted a Harley (originally a Fat Boy) for years.
    It was offered as the ‘first big bore’ from the factory, as limited edition of 775 x (2 color sets) for a total run of 1550.

This bike came with everything; Chopped Tour Pak, liners for bags, fairing lowers, chrome everywhere, silver engine, tool kit, and a love it or hate it paint job (the mechanics where I bought it called it the ‘construction barrel’ because from the back it’s all orange. Pretty funny.)

MSRP was $23.995.00 and each dealer was allocated a maximum of 2.

Looking at the current offering, I’m not sure where they put $13,000.00 worth of ‘more’ than I have on the original.

I have heard comments from other owners wishing CVO would always offer ‘just black’ instead of a ‘custom’ paint set.
    I still have that bike. It’s my primary rider, though I have another full custom 2003 Road Glide and a stock 2005 Road King.

I admire other bikes for their own merits, whether they be Ducati, Honda, Triumph, Victory, BMW etc.

The great thing here is, I have a choice. I can decide if I find value or not and vote with my checkbook. CVO has been very successful for HD. They have found/created a premium market for people that want a ‘factory custom’ and a warranty.

My bike did suffer from the intake/exhaust restrictions. It made for some interesting moments when it would stall slowing for an intersection. I learned to anticipate and release the clutch in a hurry to restart. It was fixed by the SE air filter and Sampson slip-ons. $400.00 was about what the fix cost.
    My inner-thighs get hot when it idles too long (when it’s cold out I don’t mind too much).

I had a V-Rod on order before they were introduced. A friend assumed that order and took that bike (a 2003) and loves it. (Those were the days when it took 6 months or more to get a bike).
    I was interested in the new engine, and expected it would be in the touring rigs by now although in a much higher torque configuration. There are still a number of customers, core or fringe I’m not sure, that do not want coolant in a Harley. They didn’t want fuel injection either because ‘they couldn’t fix it on the side of the road’. I personally don’t have an objection.

In the long run, I’ve been satisfied with the bike and the experiences that came from owning.

Thanks for reading and enjoy the ride.
    Derik

42. 42 sammy Feb 14th, 2010 at 9:30 am

To each his own!

I own a 2009 CVO Road glide. and I have a down payment on this bike…
    Should be deliver in may…. I might change my mind till then, but if not I got it…
    And you know what, its my deal. . .

43. 43 Coupe55 Feb 14th, 2010 at 4:49 pm

The CVO bike’s were the first to get the Catalytic Converter and have been famous for the heat problems. Harley really took advantage of the fact you can’t lean the AFR out and put EPA cams in em and have a hot running bike, then slap a Cat in the exhaust.

The 2010 Emission Standards become even more restrictive and now all bike’s from 2010 on will have the catalytic converter. You can’t go to this size cu. in. displacement and run this lean of an AFR without causing heat problems, then they put in a cam to hold the fuel in for a complete burn, even hotter. The cat was the straw that broke the camel’s back!

07 on Harley has been working on a bad reputation! 2010 on and it will be worse than the old AMF days. You can’t hang a Cat on a hot running air cooled engine!

44. 44 Randy Mar 29th, 2010 at 12:06 pm

I just put a deposit on one of these beauties(after calling 6 dealers in the Phila. area-all had deposits already with 3-5 people deep to take it if others failed) -never had a CVO but have had 5 other HD models and each one I added many upgrades from big bore kits to chrome ,etc. When you guys add all the stuff we HD riders do to our bikes—-guess what ?? you’re at or over the CVO $$$ costs !! CALL ME CRAZY !

45. 45 Ken Jul 29th, 2010 at 11:33 am

I am the youngest of seven harley riders and I am 53. Been around many bikes for quite a long time. I love harleys and have ridden them for a long time. I did buy a 2010 FLHTK and I am not pleased with the prformance at all. My 1990 EVO ran better power wise than this thing does when it gets hot. EPA you say! Go test ride a 110 CI Victory and then talk to me about EPA, they meat all the standards and do not have the heat and power problems. Like I said I love my Harley but I paid quit a bit for it and now to get it to run right I have to change everything. UNACCCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!

46. 46 brendago Sep 25th, 2010 at 6:49 am

I am truly disappointed with Harley. I am a female who has owned 3 Harleys. My last bike was a 2010 Ultra Limited. I have had numerous problems with this bike. Major, safety problems. It has been in the shop at least 4 times for the problem. It is an intermittent problem. I turn the throttle to give it gas and it will barely poke along. I live in Tampa, Fl. where the traffic is very heavy. It is risk enough to ride a bike that is running properly but it is suicide to ride a bike that responds in this manner. Very dangerous. I have been in contact with the local Harley dealers as well as Harley corporate. Harley’s response is “The bike has been fixed. Come pick it up and ride it.” I have done that on several occasions and the same problem occurs. I have been a long time, devoted, Harley customer. Now my trust in Harley has been shattered. It is Harley’s responsibility to replace my bike. Yet, there it sits at the dealer. This has truly taken the joy out of me riding a Harley.

47. 47 harleyrider Feb 16th, 2011 at 10:41 pm

My My now…….Everyone seems to be pickin on Harley…….. I do know that 2007 ultra classics leave me with a bad taste in my mouth……… Heat problems……Missing or running on one cylinder on highway….Dont have stupid parade mode……Starter teeth shearing off fo no reason……The last 3 harleys I owned were bulletproof….
    So now you have it…….Just got it out of shop again……Have to see if it is ready for summer yet…….
    Someone told me to run a Honda up its exhaust pipe…….I could have 2 Hondas for the same price…..
    Only thing is— I would rather want a Harley than ride a Honda

48. 48 marc laurin Aug 3rd, 2011 at 10:31 pm

I have been shopping for a 2010 or 11 low miles used CVO ultra in the USA, these bikes are hard to find in Canada,and i cannot purchase a new one in the states, not being a citizen, should I be concerned with the 110ci, is the hooplah correct on engine durability, I would change the pipes to reinharts add a power commander and a heavy breather. I ‘m looking for one that still has factory warranty, this way I can purchase an ex warranty. The CVO is what I want, but with all the negativity on the 110 should I buy a new limited with the 103 in Canada, lots of those available here. It is not by far a CVO meaning custom paint and all the extras including more grunt of the110. I really don’t know what to do, by the way I don’t like th colour scheme of the 2012 cvo, that being the detering factor, there are no new 2011 CVO left in Canada with the cobalt blue paint scheme only red ones left,this not my colour preferance!

1. 1 Tweets that mention New 2010 Harley-Davidson CVO™ Ultra Classic Electra Glide at Cyril Huze Blog -- Topsy.com Pingback on Jan 26th, 2010 at 4:32 pm