JIMS® Bike Pocket

Another storage idea coming from JIMS USA. An unusual place to carry and hide a variety of small items such as your bike registration, insurance papers, cash, keys, etc. This “bike pocket” is easily attached to any stock Twin Cam, cam cover and is ideal for custom bikes with no storage. The unique adapter ring allows for a simple twist on/off entry for quick access.

JIMS® Bike Pocket is available in Chrome, Polished or in Black Anodizing and can be ordered in either a smooth finish or milled ring and bolt pattern finish. JIMS® Bike Pocket is manufactured from top quality aluminum here in the USA and is a perfect stocking stuffer for the upcoming holidays. Both styles range in MRSP from $133.50 to $155.00 depending on finish. For more information go to JIMS USA or call 805-482-6913

16 Responses to “JIMS® Bike Pocket”

1. 1 Keith Stone Nov 10th, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Im gunna put my Tic-Tac’s.. Starburst.. and jimmies in there for safe travel storage…. ROCK ON Jimz !

2. 2 Kirk Perry Nov 10th, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Hi Everybody at JIMS,
    We’re in a pickle over in the world of 1936-1964 Harley-Davidson’s.

The 3/8 steel oil lines have deep 37-degree flares that are necessary to cover tank and fitting nipples sufficiently.
    The “OEM 37-degree flare tool sets” produce too shallow of a flare margin (width). The flare produced is 1/16″ less than there needs to be (because steel lines don’t always meet square with the nipple. If your line is cocked even a little, it will be a “leaker”.

Can you help our industry find or make for us a “swaging tool and die-block” to make up these oil line flares correctly? It’s really a bottleneck to our industry growth. Always has been. Sends good steel line people off to rubber hoses and clamps.
    WE NEED SOME HELP.
    Looking for 37-degree carbide cone-bits online I get nothing but oil well drilling bits.
    A 37-degree grinding stone would reduce in angle as the stone wore. Those flare vises are hardened, so it’s already looking like the deeper flare seat in the vise needs to be ground-in. not drilled. Maybe a 37-degree diamond-dusted cone, if there were such.
    •••••••••••••••
    We’re going to chuck the die-block up in a lathe and cross-feed a 37-degree bit into the block until we can gain 1/16″ of depth. It will widen the mouth of the die’s 3/8 hole at the top, but we’ll see how it goes.
    But, we need a professional tool to do the job. Most steel oil lines made today do not “fit right up”.
    I had to bend some tweaks into my vent line from V-Twin (3 pc. set VT 40-0164) and they’re specifically made for use with the S&S® and Sifton™ billet pumps.

3. 3 Grayhawk Nov 10th, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Looks cool, guess I will have to stash my M& M’s somewhere else. Question, any issue with vibration and possible vibrate off of cap or is there an eyelet on cap and savior chain like an old gas can lid you didn’t want to lose. Jims always makes good stuff.

4. 4 burnout Nov 10th, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Good place to stash your weed. peace

5. 5 Lyle Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:47 pm

It’ll stay warm, real warm, keeping it there. I wonder why HD has that phoney cover there to begin with?

6. 6 bigitch Nov 10th, 2010 at 11:06 pm

it looks cool but is it cool enough so it won’t it burn paper or melt stuff????

7. 7 ROGUE Nov 11th, 2010 at 7:49 am

Kirk
    While at the V-Twin Expo earlier this year I got a flaring kit that I think will solve your problems it is BQ350 High Speed Flaring Tool from a company named BRAKEQUIP.
    For more info on it and their other products check out their website at http://www.brakequip.com/

8. 8 Jeff Nicklus Nov 11th, 2010 at 10:48 am

Looks like a great place to cook popcorn to me!

Over & Out,

Jeff

9. 9 Kirk Perry Nov 11th, 2010 at 11:35 am

Thanks for the tip Rogue, but I called them and left a message with Jerry the mngr. although I’m not hopeful he can help.
    When the first repoppers made up these lines in the 60’s, they made a proprietary (custom) swage tool and to insert into the tube, expanding it. Then instead of a complicated double-flare, they figured that a single deeper flare would suffice.
    We’re working on making a deeper flare out of a stock die and anvil. All other attempts to trace down these specific tools have dead-ended.

10. 10 martin Twofeather Nov 11th, 2010 at 1:28 pm

The only problem I see is now everyone else will be looking for your M&M’s

11. 11 Grayhawk Nov 11th, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Just ask I would share them before putting them in the little dutch oven to melt, ha, but hey I do like popcorn too. Not sure what I would put in that compartment but for sure some will find a good use.

12. 12 Todd8080 Nov 12th, 2010 at 5:57 pm

It’s about time somebody made use of the Twin Can’s empty cone. The real question is, why does Harley still make a coned gear cover? Why not just make it flat? Aftermarket companies do.

It’s amusing (to me) that Shovels and Evos only need two screws to hold on a points cover that accesses the ignition yet Twin Cams need five screws to hold a cover that accesses nothing.

13. 13 David Nov 13th, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Your way behind Jeff…I have already built one with a 90 degree and flared cone so I can pop my Jiffy Pop while I go down the road……

SSDD; David

14. 14 Kirk Perry Nov 15th, 2010 at 1:23 pm

“Kirk –

Just letting you know that I’ve received your letter, and will discuss it
    with Jim sometime soon.

This seems pretty simple for us, and Jim and I both want to incorporate some
    old school tools in the product line. Steel oil lines are where it’s at!

Can’t promise anything but for Jim and I to discuss it, but I’ll let you
    know the outcome in a week or two. Feel free to follow back up with me as
    well.

Take care.

Paul”
    ************************************************
    All beget from the CyBlog. 🙂

15. 15 Wiz Nov 16th, 2010 at 6:32 am

I used ta have a company called BATT-PAC in which I sold replica tall 6-volt batteries with a stash compartment on top with a dummy lid complete with fill holes an’ terminals. They came 6 or 12 volt with solid-state, miantence-free, satillite batteries sealed inside. I wonder if the cops had a memo about them so they were tryin’ to rip apart scooter tramps batteries to git to their dope! Still got ’em only now they are called AMP-PAC. Wiz

1. 1 Tweets that mention JIMS® Bike Pocket at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on Nov 10th, 2010 at 3:32 pm
Crusher