Harley® Hammock Rider and Passenger Touring Seat

This new touring seat from Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Accessories® is designed to isolate both rider and passenger from harsh road conditions. The sling-like fabric suspension system that is integrated into the seat pan is manufactured from a unique blend of flexible, durable fibers. The fabric acts like a hammock, providing two inches of suspension above the seat pan under two inches of traditional foam. This internal suspension prevents “bottoming out” and provides a 30 percent improvement in comfort.

For the passenger, a multiple spring-board style suspension system and two inches of traditional foam provide 15 percent improvement in passenger comfort. The vinyl surface is easy to clean and maintain. This seat can be equipped with a rider backrest on most models. Seat width is 17.5 inches; passenger pillion width is 15.0 inches. A heated version of the seat is also available. Both seats fit 2009-later Touring and Trike models. See an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer for fitment details.

7 Responses to “Harley® Hammock Rider and Passenger Touring Seat”

1. 1 bobx Nov 11th, 2010 at 3:16 pm

i got one for my 2008 street glide. very nice seat. very comfortable. girlfriend loves it. looks ugly – its very big, but looks take a second place when your going somewhere. i only put it on for a trip and its great for that. kind of expensive, but you get what you pay for.

2. 2 Rhyde Nov 11th, 2010 at 8:49 pm

I got one to make the wife happier. It did, but it also raised the seat height. I have a 2008 FLHX and it raised the seat height about 2″. Something you may want to keep inmind. It looks ok, but it does ride nice on the long trips. I think this seat is also available on touring models as and option.

3. 3 Gas Man Nov 12th, 2010 at 7:34 am

I have a 2009 Ultra Glide that I set up as a “Street Classic” (removed tourpack, small windshield, etc). When stripped down I run a stock SG seat that is plenty comfortable. I don’t feel any bottoming out (I tip over at 187#) in this lowered seat. When I take the bike on tour in full out Ultra form, with ultra seat, it’s more plush, 1″ higher than the SG seat, and no bottoming out. I don’t see the issue.

Further, did you see the prices on these? $500 for a normal seat, $900 for the heated version. WOW!! I’ll be fine with what I have.

4. 4 J Nov 12th, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Thanks for the reviews, bobx and rhyde- I’ve been looking at this seat, but wasn’t sure the suspension setup worked as advertised- good to know you like it!

5. 5 Wiz Nov 16th, 2010 at 6:02 am

Does it have an automatic Fart sucker? C’mon Harley engineers, a Beday [butt sprayer] would be nice too! Wiz

6. 6 cwglide Nov 16th, 2010 at 6:52 pm

You guys crack me up,,lol.,,,fart sucker,,. Ill have to pass on a HD seat, I live by LePera, fine crafted seats with steel seat pan. However I have to say, HD improved their seats ten fold. Looks like alot of research went into that seat no wonder it cost so much.

1. 1 Tweets that mention Harley® Hammock Rider and Passenger Touring Seat at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on Nov 11th, 2010 at 2:44 pm