‪All Out At 1921 Board Track‬ Racing In California

Rare Video Of Motorcycle Hall of Famer “Shrimp” Burns at 1921 Board Track Racing In Beverly Hills, Calif. A tribute to his racing skills and also to the Indian Powerplus engine, first stock motor to do more than 100 mph in competition…

11 Responses to “‪All Out At 1921 Board Track‬ Racing In California”

1. 1 Wiz Jun 10th, 2011 at 8:27 am

WOW! AMAZING!! FANTASTIC!!! How them old machines can haul them BIG BALLS at over a HUNERT miles an hour! My bandanas off to them! Wiz

2. 2 Dave Blevins Jun 10th, 2011 at 10:07 am

Impressive. As fast as many aircraft of that era… and on a splintered wooden track! Ya gotta love that.

3. 3 burnout Jun 10th, 2011 at 10:47 am

Hell, on that seat and those tires 50 mph is dangerous! peace

4. 4 john reed Jun 10th, 2011 at 11:03 am

board track racing fascinates me, these guys are amazing

5. 5 Steve Bohn Jun 10th, 2011 at 11:35 am

John Reed, What, you weren’t there blasting around the board track back then…must have been another Crazy F_cker I confused you with. Coming from you, accolades to these early pioneers really means something. I’m sure if you were around back then you would have been collecting checkered flags on a regular basis. My hats off to you…a true gentlemen and ambassador of this industry.

Steve

6. 6 Hondo Cat Jun 10th, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I miss the sound of course, but that vintage film is wonderful! Looked like they had quite a crowd in the grandstands as well. True ironmen of a bygone era.

7. 7 Alumni Networking Jun 10th, 2011 at 4:44 pm

It’s like nascar but in the old days with motorcycles.

8. 8 martin Twofeather Jun 11th, 2011 at 8:45 am

Excellent as usual Cyril…..Those were day’s when the brave set records just to be ironmen..

9. 9 Cris Sommer Simmons Jun 12th, 2011 at 12:33 am

Amazing footage! These guys were crazy brave, Shrimp Burns, what a legend. Thanks for sharing this. I think he would be proud that we were seeing this 90 years later!

10. 10 nicker Jun 12th, 2011 at 11:37 pm

Glad someone is keeping this old stuff alive.
    Certainly is needed as a reality check on our inflated opinion of our modern “accomplishments”…… 🙂

-nicker-

11. 11 cwglide Jun 13th, 2011 at 2:22 pm

That is insane!,,,,over 100 mph on basically a motorized bicycle, on a tiny leather seat!! I wonder what comments is said about our era of racing 90 yrs from now. “OMG Joe, they raced with gas powered motors! ?? Thanks Cyril, i just love these vintage vids!