The Sturgis Michael Lichter’s 2011 “Motorcycle As Art Exhibition” called “Slant Artist-An Eccentric View on Motorcycles and Art” just opened to the public and is focusing on avant-garde bronze artist Jeff Decker. Yesterday, Jeff gave me the privilege of a private tour of his incredible personal collection of bronze sculptures, of antique motorcycles Harleys, Crockers, Indians, etc), of extremely rare club cuts, of  paintings by David Uhl, of portraits and sketches by legendary artists David Mann, a selection of rock show posters, and a Rat Fink Kustom Kulture poster, just to name a few.

I told Jeff that it’s the most intriguing, most beautiful, most history rich and best displayed exhibition  of motorcycle art and related that I have seen in a very long time. You can’t be in Sturgis and not visit it. If you are not in Sturgis, I took for you a lot of pictures for your viewing pleasure that I will publish in a couple of days. Below is short video preview of what is all about. The exhibition is open daily at the Buffalo Chip until August 12th , 2011 from 10 to 10 pm. with free admittance. (with the exception of Tuesday August 9th where hours will be limited from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. for an invite only industry reception.)

7 Responses to “Preview Of Jeff Decker Collection At Sturgis Michael Lichter’s 11th Annual Motorcycles As Art Exhibit.”

1. 1 John E Adams Aug 9th, 2011 at 6:17 pm

Looking good!! Wish I could visit – thanks for the post and peek into this amazing show -;0)

2. 2 pabstbluerigid Aug 9th, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Jeff decker is a renaissance man. pleez forgive my spelling? his interests, attention to detail, commitmet to the “old ways,” who uses a “foundry ” today? this guy should be an industry icon? yet, thankfully, he remains humble, approachable & flies under the media radar doing his own thing “uncorrupted!” god bless Jeff. considerable myself blessed to have met him…twice? thank you, Jeff…for keeping the spirit alive.

3. 3 Drew Aug 10th, 2011 at 8:11 am

Looks like a wonderful display. Wish it could somehow
    come to my area in the Midwest.
    I especially enjoy seeing the 30’s era vintage Hillclimbers.
    Landing off a jump with no suspension. Ohhh Ya!
    I myself had alot of fun (and pain) running a H-D Hillclimber
    in my younger days (70s-90s).

4. 4 Hondo Cat Aug 10th, 2011 at 8:12 am

Yes, Jeff Decker understands the essence and purity of motorcycling.

5. 5 Brumby Aug 10th, 2011 at 9:21 am

Cyril, I can only agree. An exhibition of great diversity displayed by a man who loves the icons and tradition of motorcycling. A rare experience…

6. 6 Walt Lumpkin Aug 10th, 2011 at 12:34 pm

What talent and attention to detail. A first class act personally and professionally.

7. 7 anthony from east los angeles Aug 15th, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I was there got a chance to meet Mr decker super real down to earth person saw his very nice collection and talk to him for a while unfortunatly i didnt buy one of his art pieces that he offtered to me at a super price but i didnt go back and buy my big mistake sorry brother thanks again