Harley-Davidson Touring Masterpiece. The 2012 CVO Road Glide® Custom.

The new CVO Road Glide Custom is a limited-production, high-performance touring masterpiece, one of four limited-production 2012 models from Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM, each turned out with bold paint, gleaming chrome, and the most-powerful V-Twin engines offered in production Harley-Davidson motorcycles. This chromed-out, shark-nosed beauty features the air-cooled, Twin Cam 110™ engine, an exclusive multi-color paint scheme, a new high-output sound system and a host of new custom components.

The new 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom is is built on the innovative Harley-Davidson Touring chassis, based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and swingarm developed to withstand the demands of long-haul touring riders. It features a frame-mounted fairing topped with a smoked Wind Splitter windshield, a high-output, amplified Harman/Kardon® Advanced Audio system, and a color-matched, low-profile fuel tank console. It is sold in 3 new exclusive paint schemes: • Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke graphics • Maple Metallic/Vivid Black with Real Smoke graphics • White Gold Pearl/ Starfire Black with Real Smoke graphics. MSRP. $30,699.

CVO Road Glide Custom Key Features

• Air-cooled, Twin Cam 110TM
• Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
• 6-Speed Cruise Drive®
• 41 mpg combined City/Hwy
• Aerodynamic fork-mounted fairing with dual headlamps
• Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
• Electronic Cruise Control
• Chrome Accessories – Front fork sliders – Front wheel spacer – Valve stem cover caps – Classic front axle nut covers – Dipstick
– Voltage Regulator – Rider footboard supports – Passenger footboard supports – Extended-reach billet-style brake lever – Billet-style heel/toe shift levers
• Black high-torque 1.4kW starter • Braided black stainless steel brake and
clutch lines
• High-performance clutch with hydraulic actuation
• Harley-Davidson® Smart Security System • Indoor storage cover with embroidered CVOTM logo
• 8GB Apple® iPod® nano connects to the audio system through an iPod® interface and iPod® holder located in the saddlebag
• Twin Cam 110TM Black powder-coated powertrain with 110 Screamin’ Eagle® identifiers on cylinder heads
• Rumble Collection rider footboard inserts, passenger footpeg inserts, shifter pegs, brake pedal, hand grips
• Contrast Chrome Agitator Custom wheels with matching Agitator floating front brake disc
• Road Glide® air deflectors fit on top of the engine guards and redirect turbulent air from the area between the fairing and the fuel tank
• Black billet muffler end caps with chrome spears • Injection-molded, extended hard saddlebags; color-
matched rear fascia with LED brake/turn lights
• Color-matched inner fairing and speedometer/ tachometer housing, color-matched upper fork sliders, license plate light cover, and rear fender strut covers

19 Responses to “Harley-Davidson Touring Masterpiece. The 2012 CVO Road Glide® Custom.”

1. 1 Rick Lossner Aug 10th, 2011 at 8:09 am

Never fails …. you buy your dream bike/model, then they up the ante’ with what you would have bought the year before, had it been available 🙂

Love them HD RGs!!! 🙂

2. 2 TRexSG Aug 10th, 2011 at 8:37 am

Now if I only had $31K to spend……………

3. 3 Vrat Aug 10th, 2011 at 9:15 am

That is a fantastic looking bike but wow, $31K plus tax, tag and title so around $34K out the door. A couple of add on items to personalize it and you have a $35K bike.

That is a lot of coin……

4. 4 CafeSportyTC Aug 10th, 2011 at 11:21 am

What a Purdy bike, now if Harley would just let one excape to my garage and magically allow the paperwork to fall into my hands with no green involved we would have a winner! the perfect weekend getaway bike

5. 5 Arie Aug 10th, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Indeed, alot of money. But, I can hardly think of any other option that I would want on the bike. And, they are just beautiful!

6. 6 fuji Aug 10th, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Him – Hey Ma

Ma – What

Him – Just saw a Harley go by

Ma – So What

Him – It wasn’t painted black

Ma – F_ _ _ _ LIAR !

Him – Well it did look better. I did see it..

Ma – LIAR !

7. 7 David Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Are these some of the new models that are designed NOT to burn your leg while riding or stopped at Starbucks?

SSDD;David

8. 8 nobody Aug 11th, 2011 at 2:42 am

i like the plant & trany, but I’ll stick with a sporty or dyna & saddle bag. the difference in price will but lots of beer and petrol..

9. 9 bigalyts Aug 11th, 2011 at 8:16 am

Look better than the new 6 Cylinder BMW and the Goldwing and the Victory’s. They got a lot of competition out there and it seem that you got to be the most expensive to have the nicest, most Bad Ass Bike for the next year at least. Got to ask the questuion? Are you discounting these Bikes?

10. 10 Spaz Aug 11th, 2011 at 12:12 pm

All that money, and their biggest motor, yet any Victory can still blow it away… just sayin’

11. 11 1550tc Aug 11th, 2011 at 8:06 pm

• 110 Screamin’ Eagle® identifiers on cylinder heaeads

Says itall about these posers bikes ….harley parts bin bikes

12. 12 T. Aug 11th, 2011 at 10:58 pm

The 2011 Indian Chief Blackhawk is $29,999.00

That being said, these CVO’s are a great value.

But, unlike most of the posters here, I like, own, & ride Harleys.

13. 13 miteychopperbiker Aug 14th, 2011 at 7:00 am

@Rick L….thought they had somethin’ up their sleves when I saw the ’11. No fret. You still got a smokin’ unit. Unfortunately for you this year and most likely me next after purchasing, (’12), planned obsolescence and creative add on tweaks create market demand for the following year model and leave previous models whining for the lollipop. Didn’t pull the trigger then but will now cause I Love It. One coming to the collection very soooooon. Gonna house it in SoBe abode for the Miami Scene and use for many trips through the keys. Nice fly ‘N ride destination for Daytona rallys too.
    As Tom Petty aptly coined it….”The waiting is the hardest part”.

14. 14 Brett Aug 15th, 2011 at 7:04 pm

well Spaz…I have heard some real horror stories about Victory service from the dealerships. No, Harley isn’t great, but at least I know of a very good HD dealer I can go to 20 minutes from my house to get some great service. Not only can I NOT say that about Polaris/Victory, but I have to go 30 minutes just to get to a dealership & they know a Hell of alot more about the Snow mobiles they sell then they do about servicing the Victory motorcycles.

Just sayin’

15. 15 Rick Lossner Aug 17th, 2011 at 7:38 am

@miteychop’ .. good news is they give you more ideas for your own….. after a run up to Sturgis, I’m getting ready to take mine to the next level in two diff’ stages… nothing worse that having a bare stock looking bike… 🙂

16. 16 cwglide Aug 17th, 2011 at 4:08 pm

The wheels the tips, the engine guards, paint,,,,doda doda,,,,,,,im liking all of this bike. I have a 01 FLTR, and this is much more bike then mine. I have to ask myself is it worth that kind of coin.
    Let see;
    better swing arm, 1″ rear axle, 6 speed, ABS, EFI, is that a 18 front and 17 rear?, and nice paint, ETC throttle, black braided lines, 110 cci, better stereo, and the paint!
    Yeah i could get a 2012 stock factory FLTR but is the CVO worth $11K more then stock? hummmm, im thinkin.

17. 17 Matt Aug 18th, 2011 at 10:08 am

I think a lot of people miss the point of the CVO’s. People don’t buy them because they are worth the price, they buy them BECAUSE of the price. The higher the mark up the higher the perceived exclusivity & value to some people. If next year Harley put chrome plated MSRP badges all over the bike I garentee you the would sell even more of them. You listening HD? =).

18. 18 harley chick Dec 25th, 2011 at 12:55 pm

I just purchased a 2012 cvo Road Glide custom (blue) and I can’t wait to take it
    for a spin!!! I traded in my 2010 street glide which I loved but this bike just reached
    out and grabbed me so it joined my other Harley in the shop!

19. 19 DRILLMAN Jan 13th, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Dec 25th, 2011 at 12:55 pm
    I just purchased a 2012 cvo Road Glide custom ( White ) and i love the way it handles, trader my 2003 roadking in and the ride is great, lays over on the turns nice. love the Bike.