Death Of Wendell Smith Owner Of Rampage Motorcycle Wheels.

I am sad to report that Wendell Smith passed away last Saturday February 4, 2012 from a heart attack.

Smith was the owner of Rampage Wheels in Fullerton, CA and before that co-founder of Renegade Wheels. He had 35 years of experience in the Automotive and Motorcycle Wheel Manufacturing Industry and was very proud to continue to offer wheels still made in the USA out of the finest materials, offering a 2-year chrome and a lifetime structural warranty on all his products. My condolences to all his family and friends of the automotive industry.

Services. Friday, February 10th. 11:00 A.M. Services will be held at: 11:00 A.M. Services will be held at: St. James Church Angelican Church. 3209 Via Lido, Newport Beach, Ca. 92663. 12:30 P.M. Reception at: The Ritz, 880 Newport Center Drive Newport Beach, Ca. 949-720-1800 in the patio/garden

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

22 Responses to “Death Of Wendell Smith Owner Of Rampage Motorcycle Wheels.”

1. 1 Industry guy Feb 6th, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Wendell was such a nice guy. Great businessman too. I will miss him

2. 2 sasha Feb 6th, 2012 at 4:55 pm

God bless Wendell.

3. 3 Rebecca Feb 6th, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Rest in Peace Wendell. My heart and thoughts to your family. You will be missed.

4. 4 Lisa Ballard Feb 6th, 2012 at 7:27 pm

Met him numerous times, always a class act. Thoughts and prayers to his family

5. 5 Bill Feb 6th, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Had the pleasure of meeting Wendell at Sturgis this year. Really nice guy. My condolences to his family.

6. 6 Biker Feb 7th, 2012 at 5:51 am

My condolences to his family. Met Wendal a few years ago, I was working for a competior in the wheel industry. RIP.

7. 7 Rick Feb 7th, 2012 at 7:13 am

RIP my Brother…you will be dearly missed! My deepest condolences to his family…

8. 8 Dale Feb 7th, 2012 at 7:22 am

Sorry to hear this sad news – Wendell was one of those faces that I looked forward to seeing at all the show s and events. With a long history in this industry – again we have suffered a loss-God Bless his family and friends through this difficult time.

9. 9 Raging biker Feb 7th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Sad news,, I can remember the Day I meet him many years ago.
    RIP Wendel. Life is short make the best of it.

10. 10 Vince Feb 7th, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Wendell was such a nice guy, very sad news. Always helpful.

11. 11 Mike M Feb 8th, 2012 at 6:27 pm

R.I.P. Wendell We will all miss you.from all of us in the younger days of Skating he was a great coach

12. 12 Ron A Feb 8th, 2012 at 10:34 pm

It was an honor to have met Wendell, my prayers go out to Patty and his family and friends. He will be deeply missed.

13. 13 Jack & Jim Ries Feb 9th, 2012 at 4:35 pm

We will miss our Life Long Friend, Wendell…

We all share a mutual Love of Motorcycles, Pickup Trucks , Manufacturing, & Trade Shows… Once in while we would show up at the same Restaurant…

We are very Sad to Lose such a Great Friend . Jim & Jack Ries

14. 14 Paul Kittrell Feb 10th, 2012 at 11:46 am

We will miss you brother…….. God speed……..

15. 15 Austin Weiss Feb 13th, 2012 at 10:32 am

Wow, such a nice person you in a better place now……

16. 16 Ben Franklin Feb 13th, 2012 at 11:01 am

It was a pleasure to know Wendell. He was a kind and gentle soul. He always had a moment to help , or offer advice on any application. On behalf of Martin, Jose, Ricardo, Kay and the entire FREEDOM PERFORMANCE EXHAUST crew, may God Bless him. We will miss him dearly! Rest in peace.

17. 17 Ted Sands Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Wendell was a great guy, even as a competitor he was also a friend. He always had a smile and was very upbeat. I attended his funeral on Friday, many of his brothers met at Cooks Corner and Wendell’s big rig pulled up and about 75 bikes followed in a precession to the church. The church was packed hundreds of people paid their respect (standing room only) and in Wendell style the family had a great party at the Ritz Newport Beach to celebrate his life, RIP

18. 18 PJ Hyland. Feb 13th, 2012 at 2:40 pm

The community will not be the same with Wendell’s passing. He was truly one of the good guys.

19. 19 Gene Patten Feb 16th, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Wendell was a great person and trucker we wil miss you,
    from all your friends in Pickups limited of So Cal

20. 20 Freddie Smith Mar 1st, 2012 at 1:28 am

Wow as I read all the real heart wrenching comments, I had a tear of happyness knowing that I wasn’t the only one this man touched in such a joyous and unexplainable manner. I was blessed to be with him the weekend before he passed as we were all at his favorite place in life (The River). I have a two year old son that climbs to reach his picture and at the end of everyday I always find his picture under my two year olds pillow.

At the end of the day we all have been touched by a man that didn’t need anything from you and didn’t judge.

Thanks Wendal and you will always be mist by the Smith’s / Swofford’s.

21. 21 steve milligan Apr 19th, 2012 at 7:17 pm

wendell will be missed, he was a wonderful person and i only wished i got the chance to know him better, a true gentlemen. our prayers go out to his family,,,,,,,,,,,RIP ……Steve Milligan ,Detroit Michigan

22. 22 brian barboza May 7th, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I bought a set of wheels for my chopper that I built .very nice rims ….always wanted a xx shirt .I’m very preased with the rims from you,al .wendell smith will be very missed .god bless the family

Indian Motorcycle