The Big Bear Choppers saga has a new episode with a new surprising business twist, thanks to Simon Scott owner of a company called Rage Hard Choppers. In his website  (Rage Hard Indonesia website is suddenly down as I upload this article…) Scott published the following press release with information that will surprise many, including news stating the direct involvement of Kevin & Mona Alsop, former owners of Big Bear Choppers, in this new venture.

“Simon Scott, Owner of PT Ragehard Choppers Indonesia and owner and President of Ragehard Choppers Inc is pleased to announce the opening of our new Motorcycle Manufacturing Facility in San Bernardino, California. The Facility will be producing and marketing an extensive range of Motorcycles including the range of Big Bear Choppers previously available through Big Bear American Made Choppers. Ragehard Choppers Inc is already in production and is in the process of designing a number of new style motorcycles including a Sled Muscle Trike, we intend to release these new models at this year’s Sturgis Motorcycle event and rally 2012.

Ragehard Choppers Inc was established in November 2011 to fulfill an ambition and continue a passion of it’s owner to bring the brilliant range of Big Bear Choppers to the global Motorcycling community and to continue to evolve and set new standards of excellence in design, engineering and value with new models that will keep Ragehard Choppers ahead of the rest for many years to come.

The Company has employed a number of former key employees of Big Bear American Made Choppers and has retained the services of Kevin Alsop, the creator of Big Bear Choppers, to create this new range of cutting edge motorcycles and to continue to evolve the Big Bear Choppers into a new generation of market leading production Motorcycles.

We hope that you will visit us at Sturgis this year or at our San Bernardino facility anytime you are in the neighborhood, we would welcome you to inspect how we manufacture these high quality motorcycles. Hang on tight! it’s going to be a hell of a ride!” Ragehard Choppers. 1331 Riverview Drive, San Bernardino, Ca 92408, phone (909) 478-7788 fax (909) 478-7711. simon.scott@ragehard.com, mona.alsop@ragehard.com, kevin.alsop@ragehard.com

117 Responses to “Ragehard Choppers To Manufacture Big Bear Choppers Motorcycles With The Help Of Kevin And Mona Alsop”

1. 1 Jason Hallman Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:08 pm

I lost all respect for Kevin in Cincy a few years back (the year he introduced his bagger model). He is very arrogant. He had some great employees though and more than a few clever ideas on how to get the kit bike thing working again after the federal law limited things to one build per lifetime per citizen. I was a kit bike dealer and we sold quite a few of them. There simply is no room for people that conduct business like they did in our industry. Their actions place them in unfortunate company with Choppers Unlimited and Midwest Choppers.

2. 2 Jorge Momo Feb 23rd, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Hi folks, hundreds have been ripped off! Please join us at :

3. 3 Lightnin'Larry Feb 24th, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Hey everyone,

Facebook pulled Jorge Mono’s page, Big-Bear-Choppers-Ripped-Me-off, in less than 24 hours! Wonder who complained about it, LOL, LOL, LOL!

4. 4 Norwester Feb 25th, 2012 at 11:43 am

I just found out about the big bear fiasco, takes a while to hear about stuff in the north! Hopefully the Alsops can somehow be held accountable and be made to pay back all the people who deposited monies in good faith. I don,t personally have any problem with my bike (2005 Venom) as most of the parts are built by reputable firms such as S&S, performance machine etc.. I met Kevin at Sturgis 2010 and I didn’t get the impression he was that bad of a guy! Does anyone know who actually did the designing of the frames and tins for their bikes? Hopefully none of you folks who have been ripped off are counting on the S.E.C. to find and return your money!!

5. 5 Olfart Feb 27th, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Dog Williams
    Now that you bad mouthed Doc Robinson from the safety and comfort of your keyboard and your cosy little office, feeling happy with yourself are you, dog.
    What a weak, nasty, mean spirited prick you must be.
    People like you make me sick.
    Have you ever had the opportunity to put someone down like you have, but actually do it to them face to face? I think not. Nothing personal you say, then proceed to attack with unwarranted vitriol, a bloke with far more credibility that you will ever have. You represent the small minded, weak under class that think you’re one tough mother fucker because you can insult people on forums like this with no accountability or any possible avenue for redress, other than more of the crap you just offered.
    I doubt that Doc Robinson will lower himself to respond to your weak, spineless, useless drivel.
    Just fuck off and stop cluttering up the blogs with your bullshit.
    You will indeed reap what you sew, you give all Australians a bad name.

6. 6 Jorge Momo Mar 3rd, 2012 at 4:40 pm

So my question is, is it possible in the year 2012 in the USA to rip off hundreds of customers, and not face any criminal consequences? They even have a facebook page and stupid people (sorry, but can’t think anything else) is still interested in doing business with the Alsops? You can not trust in the word of those!

7. 7 raccerx Mar 7th, 2012 at 9:55 pm

Ragehard Choppers
    1331 Riverview Drive
    San Bernardino, Ca 92408

phone (909) 478-7788
    fax (909) 478-7711

well at least you now know where to find kevin and mona if you wanted to get your money back or just stop by and say hello

8. 8 Bob@BBCR Mar 22nd, 2012 at 8:11 am

Good luck to you Scott…….I have been trying to get parts from BBC for over a year. They have no quality control on their bike…believe me I know. I have been Renting two (2) of their bike for 4 years and I have never seen a company run so badly. I still have the 2 bikes (2007 300SLED Prostreet and a 300 DA Chopper) if anyone is interested in purchasing them. They are still i great condition and have around 12,000 miles. Finely closed the Business at the end of 2011.

9. 9 James Crawford Apr 17th, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Everyone that lost money like me that they have never seen face to face should take a copy of their invoice up the to Rage Choppers, be nice ask for a test drive and hand the Faggots a copy of your paid in full invoice for a bike you never got like me and drive off with the bitch, my real Question is does anyone really think Kevin and Mona will have the balls to go to Sturgis??

10. 10 Babe's Bike Apr 24th, 2012 at 8:57 am

Last comment in Feb, now April and see what happen? Ragehard Inc has successfully sold many BBC bikes and accessories around the world. Simon does have a good sense of business!

11. 11 Chopper May 22nd, 2012 at 5:28 am

What a joke all round…The Alslops, Doc Robinson (if you ever met the man you would understand), BBC dealer Australia Wildcard Customs (it takes them around 12 months to put one of these bikes together. I bought one. They seem to have picked up Kevin’s attitude and the customer is never right we will just take your money). The entire is a fraud.

12. 12 Pup May 22nd, 2012 at 5:50 am

Chopper, How long have you had your bike for? I was thinking about getting Wildcard to build one for me. But I am starting to hear a lot of bad things about build times and their level of service. I like the frame and the components.

13. 13 Chopper May 22nd, 2012 at 6:27 am

Pup, It’s been over 12 months. Great bike, good components. Sorted out my few minor warranty issues with components manufacturers, instead of going back to Wildcard. Personally, I would look at other builders. I would not recommend them to any one. I found out after getting my bike that Wildcard were not the first importers of BBC into Australia, have a close look at that. A lot of cloaks and daggers for them to get where they are. Have a look at the web you will eventually dig up some stories. Makes for interesting, but it is sad research for the original importer and his family. Make your own mind up. But, there really are some top quality builders in Australia, I wish I would of done more research prior to purchasing my bike off Wildcard.
    Have fun and good luck

14. 14 Keith B. Gibson Jun 15th, 2012 at 3:49 pm

wow, sour grapes, better get on with your lives, time is of the essence. Cyber hate don’t mean nothing.

15. 15 Tareke Jun 30th, 2012 at 4:03 am

@chopper

Your very much correct brother my father (rip) was actually the so called exclusive and first importer of bbc before they shafted us.. We went through the who process of getting them legalized over here in Australia . After all of that they went behind our back and then made wild card a dealer aswell, who mind you purchased some of the rights off us which they do not show any appreciation for nor did big bear when my father passed , me ( working full time with dad) did not hear one word from them about condolences , just about money.

Big bear and some certain dealers will get what they deserve.

I can assure you that soon I’ll be more then gettin my payback

16. 16 Tony King Jul 11th, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Can’t believe i’m seeing Big Bear advertising on Cyril’s Blog. i guess money’s is money. i feel
    bad they can pay to advertise, but can’t give anything to the people they burned. Sad day

17. 17 Derick Jul 30th, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I just looked on Big Bear Choppers website got the number from site called them they answered phone buusiness as usual.I asked if they were gonna take care of my recalled frame they said they have been bought out by another co. and have no responsibility in the recall.But if I bring my frame to cali from ny they will fix it.Instead of bitchn lets start a website for all victims in bbc scam and petition with everyone involved signitures and situation and deliver it to the attorney general.I dont believe the real numbers of people been wronged and or defrauded is known.Lets make it known world wide.Time to stop talking about it lets do it.In the mean time anyone that see’s any of them in public have at em.

x