I am sad to report that Wednesday evening March 7, 2012 around 8.15 pm, Keith and Amber Brinton from Diamond Heads in Las Vegas were involved in an accident in Port-Orange (South Of Daytona Beach) while traveling together northbound on the same motorcycle on Ridgewood Avenue.

They were struck from behind by a Lincoln Expedition SUV operated by a South Daytona 64 old woman. Both Keith and Amber Brinton were thrown from the motorcycle. Amber was pronounced dead at the Halifax Health Hospital. Keith suffered head injuries and a broken collar bone. The crash remains under investigation by the Port Orange Police Department. My personal condolences to their daughter Jennifer Brinton and all the family.

Diamond Heads “The King Of Bling” was invented by Keith Brinton who holds 3 patents regarding “a proven motor heads cooling system that sparkles and shines for a lifetime.” Keith Brinton frequently comments and participates with you in discussions in this news website.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

100 Responses to “Daytona Bike Week. First Deadly Crash Involves Well Known Members Of The Custom Motorcycle Industry.”

1. 1 Jeff Nicklus Mar 8th, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Keith & Family,

Please accept our most heartfelt sympathies for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Jeff Nicklus & Family

2. 2 Conrad Nicklus Mar 8th, 2012 at 5:06 pm

My prayers are with Keith and his family. A great group of people to be around and they also offer top quality products. Praying for a speedy recovery for Keith, as well as the entire family.

3. 3 sasha Mar 8th, 2012 at 5:29 pm

This is horrifying. Precious people simply enjoying a ride. I’m so sorry to hear this news. God bless this family with strength and love during this sad time.

4. 4 Bill Mar 8th, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Wish we could buy people the ability to pay attention in life. I have no words to comfort only my sincerest hope that those that carry on do so with a fond memory of those that are gone.

5. 5 CafeSportyTC Mar 8th, 2012 at 6:01 pm

my condolences and prayers go out to Keith and his family. I’m so sorry for your loss

6. 6 ray c wheeler Mar 8th, 2012 at 6:33 pm

My condolences.
    What a great family.

7. 7 burnout Mar 8th, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Praying for Keith and rest of the family. Terrible news.

8. 8 Dar - Brass Balls Bobbers & Choppers Mar 8th, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Condolences. Too sad.

9. 9 Terrie & Glen Valiquette Mar 8th, 2012 at 7:38 pm

RIP Amber
    Keith we are praying for you and all of your loved ones. We had tons of fun together playing poker here in Vegas and our love of Harleys. Praying for a speedy recovery for you Keith. God bless you!

10. 10 Miryam Brunson Mar 8th, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Our most heartfelt condolences to Keith and his beautiful Family. May God fill their spirits with the peace that surpasses all understanding.

11. 11 Jason Hallman Mar 8th, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Not the news I wanted to hear. We spent quite some time with them in Cincy. She and her husband were married for a very long time and ran an excellent business. I am so sad to hear this. God bless their family.

12. 12 sick bagger Mar 8th, 2012 at 8:38 pm

this is so tragic…i was just talking with them in INDY…great people…god bless their family

13. 13 MDSPHOTO Mar 8th, 2012 at 8:52 pm

That sucks! The driver will probably get off with a small fine. Life is not fair!

14. 14 Larson Mar 8th, 2012 at 9:07 pm

What a tragic thing to happen to two of the most caring people. My prayers go out to Kieth and his family. RIP Amber

15. 15 Pickard USA Mar 8th, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Brinton family. They have done an amazing job within our industry. We are truly sorry for your loss. Life is too short! We all will say a prayer for Keith to have a speedy recovery.

16. 16 Huck and Kathy Hemphill Mar 8th, 2012 at 11:39 pm

We were blessed to know Amber-a wonderful and friendly person to all who met her-we were lucky to know her and do business with them both-our thoughts and prayers go out to Keith and the family-

17. 17 Gas Man Mar 9th, 2012 at 3:59 am

That’s HORRIBLE. My thoughts and prayers go out to their family!!

There are plenty of other debates that can stem from such an act but different time & place.

18. 18 MotorcycleMarc Mar 9th, 2012 at 5:49 am

Condolences. These types of accidents are so unnecessary. RIP.

19. 19 ragsflh Mar 9th, 2012 at 7:48 am

condollences.and prayer for britton family.great people

20. 20 brew Mar 9th, 2012 at 7:50 am

My thoughts and prayers.

21. 21 Tim Mar 9th, 2012 at 7:53 am

I posted this early yesterday and ranted about such a tragedy. Condolences to the Brinton family. Senseless and truly sad!

22. 22 BROADWAYLEE Mar 9th, 2012 at 8:22 am

HORRIBLE.!!!!!!
    prayers go out to the family and for Keith to have a speedy recovery !

23. 23 chopmonster66 Mar 9th, 2012 at 8:23 am

condolences to the family for there great loss . R.I.P. Amber .

24. 24 jim Mar 9th, 2012 at 8:51 am

Our best to the family, and a speedy recovery for Keith. Our prayers are with you thru this difficult time. R.I.P. Amber.
    Jim

25. 25 Rebecca Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:00 am

RIP Amber. We lost a friend in the industry and a local friend and colleague in Vegas. Recover Keith! I feel for you and your family.

26. 26 richard hemenway Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:14 am

our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those involved RIP

27. 27 Joe Mielke Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:16 am

Oh my God, Amber is one of those faces you see at every event and every show. Always a smiling face, I’m shocked.
    I hope Keith has a speedy recovery. God bless you Amber and blessings on your family.

Joe and the Klock Werks Team

28. 28 Scottmonster Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:16 am

May God heal and comfort you Keith. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

29. 29 Curt! Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:27 am

RIP Amber. This is so sad. Prayers for a speedy recovery, Keith.

30. 30 Christa Neuhauser Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:30 am

We’re sorry to hear about your tragic accident and send our condolences to the family. We wish Keith a fast recovery and a lot of energy to get through these terrible times.

Christa Neuhauser and the team at RoadRUNNER Magazine

31. 31 Woody Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:38 am

So sorry to here.
    They will always be remembered.

32. 32 H. D. Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:46 am

Amber, God Bless your soul… Keith, get well soon, I know cages scare the hell out of me..

33. 33 The Supreme Team Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:59 am

So very unfortunate. Our condolences to Keith and his family. May God bless you and your loved ones in this time.

34. 34 Penny Mar 9th, 2012 at 10:49 am

It is so sad to hear this news. RIP Amber and many prayers go out to Keith for his recovery and the family to heal from the pain of their loss. God Bless.

35. 35 Joe & Cindy Mar 9th, 2012 at 10:57 am

So very sad! Our thoughts & prayers go out to you Keith and your entire family. R.I.P Amber

36. 36 alan Mar 9th, 2012 at 11:05 am

very sad RIP amber

37. 37 JERRY CHANDLER Mar 9th, 2012 at 11:26 am

HEY BROTHER,SORRY FOR YOU LOSS.MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.HOPE YOU HAVE A SPEEDY RECOVERY!!! GOD BLESS..

38. 38 Christine Mar 9th, 2012 at 11:33 am

I am so terribly sad. We had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with Amber and Keith at a show and instantly felt like they were our good friends. What a wonderful sweet loving couple. We had many laughs and giggles. We will always remeber dear Amber. Our heart and thoughts are with Keith and their family.

39. 39 Derik Mar 9th, 2012 at 11:54 am

Senseless and tragic. Keith and Amber are true staples of this industry. I am deeply saddened for the family, and for all of us that had the good fortune to work with and know them. Keith, dig deep for the strength to recover and know this industry is here mourning with you and will help in any way you need.

Your Friends at Hell’s Foundry

40. 40 Rick Strassburg Mar 9th, 2012 at 11:55 am

You and your family have my heartfelt sympathies in this tragic time, and I hope you have a speedy recovery from your injuries. Ride on, Keith …you too, Amber…

41. 41 Kathleen Covington Mar 9th, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Sometimes we see the people in our industry more than our own family so they become your family too. Amber was one of those people….part of my family. She will be missed so much. Keith, Jen our prayers are with you & your family. Amber I know you are rejoicing with your sister right now, rest in peace my friend.

42. 42 Doc Mar 9th, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Condolences, Vaya con Dios

43. 43 Bandido Guido Mar 9th, 2012 at 12:33 pm

My prayers and thoughts go out to Keith and his family

44. 44 Vicki Mar 9th, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Heartwrenching. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends.

45. 45 Dealer Expo Mar 9th, 2012 at 12:57 pm

We at Dealer Expo and Dealernews express our sincere condolences for the tragic loss of Amber Brinton this week, and we wish a speedy recovery for her husband, Keith. Our thoughts are with their families and friends at this time.

46. 46 Keith Brinton Mar 9th, 2012 at 1:06 pm

I want to personally thank all of you for the kind words and prayers. Amber and I have always enjoyed talking to and meeting with all of you. I will recover from my injures but recovering from losing my wife of 37 years and best freind feels unbearable at the present time, but it is much easier knowing so many of you care for us as we care for you all as well. May God bless all of you and thank you all for being in our lives. Thank-you again. Keith

47. 47 Larry R Mar 9th, 2012 at 1:10 pm

My heartfelt condolences to you, Keith! R.I.P. Amber.

48. 48 m.w.Ferguson (Sick Puppy Customs) Mar 9th, 2012 at 1:34 pm

So sorry to hear about this terrible event. Our hearts go out to you. There’s nothing we can say that will make it better, but know that you are in our thoughts.

49. 49 Ray & Lori Brown Mar 9th, 2012 at 3:22 pm

May God wrap his loving arms around this family and guide them through this difficult time. Rest in Peace Amber.

50. 50 George Lowe Mar 9th, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Our deepest sympathies to Keith and Jennifer, Amber was a great person and businesswomen! We wish you a full recovery and our thoughts are with you!

51. 51 Greg H [Iron-X] Mar 9th, 2012 at 4:33 pm

OMG! I’m so very sorry to read of this. We will always remember Amber for what she, Keith and their family have brought to motorcycling. Keith, my prayers are with you.

52. 52 chaos cycle Mar 9th, 2012 at 5:32 pm

53. 53 Murdoc Mar 9th, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Thoughts to the entire Brinton family. Amber was a terrific person and will be missed. Keith we wish you a fast recovery…

54. 54 Jules Mar 9th, 2012 at 10:08 pm

May you rest in peace, sweet Amber. Keith – my heartfelt prayers are with you and your family. You both were such amazing friends and it was truly my pleasure to have worked so closely and become friends with you both over the years. A loss that will be felt by many….

55. 55 rob Mar 9th, 2012 at 10:55 pm

R.I.P

56. 56 michele d Mar 9th, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Keith you all are special friends, and I thought of Amber like a sister. I will miss her terribly. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Lean on each other through the tough times and remember

57. 57 jeff castor Mar 9th, 2012 at 11:19 pm

amber rip keith jen deb so sorry for your losskeith get well soon just dont know what to say were praying for your family amber will missed but she will always be in our hearts and memories take care see you soon

58. 58 michele d Mar 9th, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Remember the good times. We are here if you need us. Love ya!

59. 59 Courtney Hicks Mar 10th, 2012 at 12:35 am

My sincerest condolences to the Brinton family. I was truly shocked to hear of your families misfortune today and want to wish Kieth the speediest of recoveries and well wishes to your family in this truly difficult time. Rest in peace Amber. Stay strong and you will get through this. I have done business with your family for many years and you guys have allways treated me so well. What a great family. CORK

60. 60 1GoodSinner Mar 10th, 2012 at 3:36 am

From all the members of the Bikerornot website I would just like to send my condolences to the family and RIP Amber;also get well soon Keith! Please pray for retesting of the elderly…this sh*t occurs way too often!

61. 61 purplecolonel Mar 10th, 2012 at 7:59 am

Im sorry for your loss….as I ride you will always be there remembered with my purple heads and jugs. “PEACE BE WITH YOU “

62. 62 suferdave Mar 10th, 2012 at 8:18 am

Condolences to keith and family

63. 63 Boss Hawg Mar 10th, 2012 at 9:10 am

Such a traffic misfortune and loss of life. RIP Amber…

Keith all the best to a speedy recovery. Out thoughts and prayers go out to you and your loved ones.

Boss Hawg

64. 64 dragsta Mar 10th, 2012 at 10:45 am

people think that driving is something you do while doing something more important, like talking on the phone. i’m dodging these jerks daily. my condolences to the family and friends.

65. 65 COLE Mar 10th, 2012 at 10:59 am

What a loss the Brinton family and the biker community has sustained. I hated to read about this, saw them both in Indy two weeks ago. I’m sick of losing my friends over negligence. RIP Amber, get well soon Keith. Prayers and condolences to the Brinton Family

66. 66 Bsmith Mar 10th, 2012 at 11:49 am

My condolences to you and your family Keith. RIP in Amber. So sorry for your loss.

67. 67 Sandy & Randy Barrie Mar 10th, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Keith & Family, A 35 year old friendship has come to an end but Amber & I will continue it when we meet again. Keith, hold strong to the fact that you are loved by sooo many. RIP Amber

68. 68 Darrel Williams Mar 10th, 2012 at 2:47 pm

My thoughts and prayers to the family and friends…

69. 69 DJ Mar 10th, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I hope the kids can keep things running.. They are a valuable part of our industry

70. 70 Blackmax Mar 10th, 2012 at 7:06 pm

We did an interview with them at the V-twin and the Indy show, it’s up and running now….
    They were very gracious & kind to take time to talk to us & we send our deepest condolences and our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and members of our community

71. 71 rick Mar 10th, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Our condolences to the family. wishing a speedy recovery to Keith.

72. 72 Mike Clapp Mar 10th, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Our condolence to the family and we pray for a complete and speedy recover for Keith. Keith you will be in our prayers.

73. 73 TerriLynne Burden Mar 11th, 2012 at 1:43 am

So very sad to hear this news…my heart breaks for you and your family…sending prayers and love from friends in Canada……God Bless you Keith, stay strong…R.I.P. Amber

74. 74 shawn k. Mar 11th, 2012 at 9:53 am

im sorry to here that keith,so verry sorry.my prayers are with you thow and the rest of your family.may amber rest with god in peace.

75. 75 micheal marshall Mar 11th, 2012 at 10:08 am

no words can ever replace a love one!my colodolences for the familys loss even tho i dont know them.im a biker as well and am sad when this happens all because some one aint paying attention.i wish they would have to see things the way we do.hope the lady driving is not alowed to ever drive again,she took a like and probally dosent even care she will say what they allways say i didnt see them

76. 76 Greg Lundborg Mar 11th, 2012 at 11:07 am

I have thought about a lot of nice words. I think. That Sucks! describes it best. Hand in there.

77. 77 Ritchie Mar 11th, 2012 at 11:12 am

wishing you and your daughter well at this difficult time, God Bless

78. 78 JIM Mar 11th, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Very Sorry! RIP Amber!

79. 79 Michael Goes Mar 11th, 2012 at 1:17 pm

We at Windmill Cycles wish to express our sincere condolences to the Brinton family for their loss, and wish for a speedy recovery for Kieth. Our thoughts are with their families.

80. 80 Ace and Judy Mar 11th, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Our thoughts and prayers are with all! So sorry about Amber.

81. 81 Chopper kulture Mar 12th, 2012 at 8:07 am

Very sad news! My thoughts and prayers to family and friends!

82. 82 John Williams Mar 12th, 2012 at 9:04 am

I read about this accident last week in our Local paper here in Daytona. I didn’t realize that it was the owners of Diamond heads. So Sorry. Two and a half years ago, another Motorcycle Icon, Bruce Rossmeyer got killed in a car vs Motorcycle crash.

Ride on

83. 83 Brian Elliott Mar 12th, 2012 at 10:03 am

Very Sorry…..My Condolences for the family…
    Brian

84. 84 VanityPrintz Mar 12th, 2012 at 10:23 am

On behalf of my family, staff, and myself, our prayers are with you durning this very difficult time.

85. 85 Crazy Den Mother Mar 12th, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Our condolences and prayers to the family … Two of our bikes scheduled for shows this week were touched by their hands and personal genius, and for that we are forever honored.

Some accidents should never have happened and this is one of them.

xxooo Tom & Christi

86. 86 Kaschmiere Rich Mar 12th, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Condolences to this family during this tragic time on behalf of the entire Chicago Platinum Records family, and Warriors for Christ Christian Network. We are keeping you in our prayers. “Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal”.

Kaschmiere Rich
    Chicago Platinum Records
    WFCCN

87. 87 Kaschmiere Rich Mar 12th, 2012 at 9:58 pm

On behalf of the entire Chicago Platinum Records family, and Warriors for Christ Christian Network, you have our deepest condolences during this time of lost. Always remember, Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal.
    We will be keeping you and yours in our prayers.

Kaschmiere Rich
    Chicago Platinum Records

88. 88 Seaox Mar 12th, 2012 at 10:29 pm

I am saddened to hear this. What a horrible thing for a family to go though. It could all have been avoided if people would just pay attention to there surroundings while they are driving. Keith get well soon and I am very sorry to hear of such a loss for you and your family. R I P Amber. My thought and prayers to you and your family.

89. 89 JP Mar 13th, 2012 at 6:36 am

Keith,

From the Atlanta Chapter of Rare Breed MC, we wish you a speedy recovery and May the Grace 0f God be with you and your family. Our prayers are with you. RIP Amber.

Peace & Blessings,
    Rare Breed MC

90. 90 Jamie Powers Mar 14th, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Keith,

Read of your loss and please accept my thoughts and condolences.

Jamie Powers

91. 91 Jim & Carol Weiss Mar 14th, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Keith – we are devastated to hear about what happened. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Let us know if you need anything.

Jim & Carol Weiss

92. 92 Jennifer Dziewit Mar 15th, 2012 at 12:28 am

The services for Amber Brinton will be held at Palm Mortuary, 7600 S. Eastern Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89123 on Saturday March 17, 2012 at 4:00 pm. I would like to thanks everyone for all the thoughts and condolences on behalf of our family.

93. 93 Kevin Boyle Kustoms Mar 16th, 2012 at 9:03 pm

i had the pleasure to meet them through Kirk at Sumax…so sad to hear when a driver does NOT see one of us ENJOYING our freedom!…A loss indeed!

94. 94 another perspective Mar 17th, 2012 at 11:19 am

Sometimes it is simply karma. Rossmeyer was not always the most hospitable of hosts and presented himself as harsh and unreasonable to others who were only trying to earn a pittance compared to his fortunes during bike weeks. A vendor (who had paid $$$$ to have a space at Destination Daytona had allowed a friend’s spectacular build to be parked on his little patch of ground in order to draw some attention to his wares. When the friend put a tiny for sale sign on that bike, Bruce came storming out himself to throw the guy and his bike off the property.) When a former employee of the Brintons did an occasional diamond cut for builder acquaintances in FL, far from Vegas, the Brintons sued her and ran her out of the country (to avoid them taking everything she had.) Certainly death may not be considered by us as a fitting punishment, but one should stop and think the next time one plans to treat another person badly all over a few bucks. We’ve been told that greed is a sin. ~~~ KARMA.

95. 95 keith Brinton Mar 17th, 2012 at 5:01 pm

It saddens me to see anyone think my wifes death is somehow justified because I stopped Susan everingham from stealing from my family. I only hope karma does not deal that person what they deserve based on their ignorance. Just for the record that woman never worked for Diamond Heads she only said she did to help her feed off our good business name. Some people really should learn some facts before they start spouting ignorance. Some people have no morals and that explains statements like those made by another perspective. That being said I would like to thank all those that gave my family the kind words and prayers. We really appreciate being part of such a great group of people even if there is one idiot in that group.

96. 96 Jackson Boyd Mar 19th, 2012 at 10:40 am

Keith, I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

97. 97 Ronnie Cooley Mar 19th, 2012 at 11:43 am

Keith , im truly sorry for for your loss ,Amber was like a ray of sunshine always smiling and will truley be missed , i pray that god helps you through these rough times and you have a speedy recovery , thoughts and prayers for you and your family, take care friend !! —— RIP AMBER

98. 98 JoJo Santo Mar 20th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Keith, I’m so… sorry. I am lost for words. I just found out. I am here. If you need something please don’t hesitate. I’m still here in St Pete/Seminole. I still have some connections here. Like you said, people judge & open up their mouth before they know the facts! But Karma always takes it’s place. Unfortunately we don’t always get to see it. Death is usually because God has chosen that time for that person & not for any other reason!

99. 99 LoneEagle Mar 22nd, 2012 at 7:19 am

WOW – this is indeed horrible news. Though I only dealt with Keith and Amber once, they were both genuine, and wonderful people to deal with. Amber, jokingly and I don’t know how she “remembered”, got to “know” me a little – because each year for 4 years – ironically (not known to me at the times) I got the bug to get my fins cut around the same time of year each year – so the last time I called her (and actually sent them) she shared something like “must be that time of year again to be thinking about this” – LOL. There are, in my opinion, many people who do the same thing they did, but none as good in quality as they did them. All life is precious – every biker down is sad – this one is very sad. Rest in Peace, Amber – and praying for a speedy recovery for Keith.

100. 100 Ron Apr 2nd, 2012 at 10:53 am

Keith our thoughts and prays go out to you and your family over your loss from everyone here at PowerSport Institute