V-Twin Expo 2007

Friday February 2. Hey, I am in Cincinnati. And I can prove it with this picture taken 1 hour ago at 6 PM local time. I will enjoy the V-Twin Expo 2007 edition opening tomorrow morning much more than the other ones because this year I am not an exhibitor, just a visitor. So, maybe during the full weekend I will be able to visit the 500 booths and shake hands with thousands of people I know or who know me. Oh my Gosh. It’s so cold here, 10 F and tomorrow will be colder (for those who still don’t know I live and work in South Florida). The Expo is a must for all Dealers. But for me, as a motorcycle builder, parts designer and distributor, it is a lot more than looking at new released parts. I have the privilege to have previewed most of them before traveling to Cincinnati. I even don’t have to pickup and carry (what a pain) all these luxurious heavy new catalogs because they are already at my office. I am here because the V-Twin Expo is the celebration of our V-Twin industry, a time to reflect on the past and predict our future. A rare occasion to meet face to face with some of my dealers that I know only by name and voice over the phone. An opportunity to gather with my industry friends around a good (and very warm) meal, to exchange a few new creative ideas, then to share a few laughs. Also a rare occasion for me to answer questions from foreign journalists who cannot travel to other US biker events. What I also like about the V-Twin Expo is the fact that most of us stay in hotels in a 3 block radius (with 90% staying at the Hilton, Hyatt & Millenium hotels). So, somebody like me (waking up at 5.30 AM and going to sleep very late) can hop from hotel to hotel and from early breakfasts to after midnight dinners meet in 1 day more people than I could ever see in 10 days in Daytona. I have to stop typing. Important people of the industry are waiting for me in the hotel lobby. All year long we all work very hard. So we are going to have  some fun tonight. We really deserve it. .

12 Responses to “V-Twin Expo 2007”

1. 1 Damien Feb 3rd, 2007 at 2:37 pm

I’m glad they fixed the WiFi at the hotel, I was worried you wouldn’t be able to update the blog.

2. 2 Cyril Huze Feb 3rd, 2007 at 4:29 pm

The Hilton of Cincinnati is unable to fix its wireless connection problems! I had to choose between Motel 7 or Starbucks to be able to connect and update this Blog. Hey, I chose Starbucks for its good T Mobile connection & coffee. And of course I still sleep every night at the Hilton (room, food and waitresses are beautiful).

3. 3 russ Feb 4th, 2007 at 7:01 pm

have you seen the redesigned indian engine that crazyhorse motorcycles are going to use in their bikes.

4. 4 Cyril Huze Feb 4th, 2007 at 7:46 pm

Yes, I saw it. Looking nice.

5. 5 Woods Feb 6th, 2007 at 4:41 pm

Did you see those insanely crazy 3 dimensional wheels in the Maximum Metal Works frame booth on the first floor ?

6. 6 Cyril Huze Feb 6th, 2007 at 4:57 pm

Yes, Woods.

7. 7 John Smolinski Feb 7th, 2007 at 5:37 pm

Cyril –

It was nice meeting you finally, in person. You are just as dashing as in your pictures. I look forward to seeing your masterpieces on another American Iron Magazine cover in the future! (Cyril’s Bombshell Bobber Jan 07′ American Iron Magazine.)

John Smolinski
    American Iron Magazine

8. 8 frank Feb 7th, 2007 at 9:15 pm

cyril ,it was very nice meeting you.my fiance and i met you on the second floor bar,where you sat down and had a little snak….liz had said we have met other well known people in the industry before .but you was so nice .you didnt present your self like the others.you were down to earth…i wished my son cody was there to meet you , but he was off with his buddy somewhere..hey could you send him a poster if you have one….one again it was a pleasher to meet you…frank & liz

9. 9 frank klotz Feb 7th, 2007 at 9:18 pm

cyril, hey i forgot to tell you this is frank from klotzs kustom cycle…i gave you my card….once again thankyou for spending a little time talking…frank

10. 10 Cyril Huze Feb 7th, 2007 at 9:45 pm

Hey, Frank. I know who you are. Always enjoying meeting new people when I travel. Hope you enjoyed the show.

11. 11 GG Feb 8th, 2007 at 6:17 am

Comme à l’accoutumée … un réel plaisir de te voir et effectivement … un Best avec Crocker …
    J’espère que tu es bien rentré en Floride … je suis resté une journée supplémentaire à Cincinnati … je te dis pas … mardi tempête de neige … j’ai bien cru louper l’avion … il m’a fallu 4 heures pour traverser Cincinnati et me rendre à l’aéroport … les autoroutes étaient bloquées ou fermées et rien de dégagé … mais enfin rentré ici à Cannes !
    Bises à toi et ta femme

12. 12 Cyril Huze Feb 8th, 2007 at 9:36 am

Nice to see you again GG. We are both back in balmy temperature! Ha, ha.