New Cheese Hauler Trike Unveiled

The new Cheese Hauler trike was unveiled at the 35th annual Rats Hole Show in Daytona this past weekend. Ted Smith, the owner and son of the late Karl Smith (a.k.a. Big Daddy) received delivery from builder A 1 Cycles out of Wellington Florida. The bike was painted as loudly (Gold metal flake paint with a 3-day pinstriping job) as it sounded with twin 121" t.p. motors side by side, with the left one running in reverse. Ted Smith stated "that’s exactly what my Dad would have driven around". It was a great day for A 1 Cycles also winner of the Trike Class and being chosen to participate to the Essen German Motorshow. Mike Beland owner of A 1 Cycles thanks the following people for their contributions project, Gardner Wescott (Hardware), Jim at Pro Tube Frame Works (Frame), Frankenstein Trikes (Custom Rear End), Canni (Design), Flea (Paint), Leatherman (Seats), Chuck Lewellyn (Pinstriping).

7 Responses to “New Cheese Hauler Trike Unveiled”

1. 1 mike beland Mar 12th, 2007 at 11:30 am

we didnt win the trike class, my mistake on the report not cyrils, we did win the most unusual class with our other bike, the trike could not compete because its owned by the show promoter ted smith, just a slight conflict of interest there, thank you cyril for all you have done for the custom motorcycle world and giving the little guy a chance. you are an inspiriation and a gentleman.

2. 2 Ashley Strum Mar 12th, 2007 at 1:10 pm

Trikes are not my stuff. Maybe when I get old. This one looks comfortable.

3. 3 CJ "Warden" Hanlon Mar 12th, 2007 at 6:30 pm

Congrats Mike. Great job.

4. 4 DJ Chopper God Mar 13th, 2007 at 6:00 am

Love the cheese!!! Kenny and I have been wanting to build a trike at some point soon. The Cheese Hauler rules!!! p.s. love the white walls.

5. 5 CC Mar 15th, 2007 at 12:32 am

Great event! I had to go before the end of the winning annoucements. Anyone know who won? winners list?

6. 6 Jaxon 5 Mar 15th, 2007 at 10:25 pm

Big Mike,

GREAT job on this scooter man.. You really did a great job! I LOVE the double engine in this thing! With that camera in your face all day I think your new name should be Hollywood… ha-ha Wish ya all the best my brotha ! ~ Jaxon WCC

7. 7 Scott Feb 10th, 2009 at 4:55 am

Is the old cheese hauler still around? I know Karl had it along with other items in the shop he had in St Pete. Hope none of it was lost.