Live Blogging From Daytona Bike Week

I am there. First finding my place in the fortunately big house that I share with 10 friends in Ormond Beach (the new epicenter of the Bike Week tremor). Very good friends, true bikers, acute observers of my work and of the one of my fellow builders.  If they like my bikes I know that it’s going to be a success…Since the 11 friends have a lot of friends stopping by at any time of the day and night, many extra chairs are placed front of the garage. The driveway is our open roof conference/meeting room, especially at night because we respect those who, at 3 AM, need to take a few short hours of sleep inside. My Bike Week professional errands, meetings and parties are listed on a piece of paper that I keep with me all the time. It is read to my friends so that they can decide if they want to follow me or know how to find me without calling my cellular phone because of chronic signal disappearance during the event.  Motorcycle assistance is in place via a professional tool box full of goodies that we may need for us or clients. Three pots of fresh coffee are always ready, the fridge is full and the wireless internet connection is still working. So, I am ready and will live blog as much as I can. Now time to ride to visit other friends for kisses, hugs and hand shakings. Next post when I can…and when I feel like it!

9 Responses to “Live Blogging From Daytona Bike Week”

1. 1 Andrew Mar 2nd, 2008 at 1:28 pm

See you there Cyril

2. 2 Trisha & Greg Semoens Mar 2nd, 2008 at 1:30 pm

Where can we find you for a picture and autograph?

3. 3 Hot Chop Mar 2nd, 2008 at 3:05 pm

Have fun!

4. 4 Ryan Mar 2nd, 2008 at 8:14 pm

Cyril, I wish I was on my way but unfortunately couldn’t get away from work. Have fun enjoy every minute of it and report back to the unfortunate that couldn’t make it. Hope to see you soon at another event.

5. 5 JIM FROM OHIO Mar 2nd, 2008 at 11:33 pm

CYRIL: YOUR BLOG IS GREAT, SINCE I BECAME DISABLED I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO MAKE ANY OF THE BIKE SHOWS FOR TWO YEARS BUT THANKS TO YOU I HAVEN’T MISSED MUCH EXCEPT THE RIDE, THANK YOU. JOB WELL DONE..

6. 6 DJ CHOPPER GOD Mar 3rd, 2008 at 11:47 am

Enjoy Cyril!!! Wish I could make it, but I’m down for awhile after surgery. Readers, tear it up for me!!!
    C.F.L.

7. 7 TBEAR Mar 3rd, 2008 at 11:54 am

Hi Cyril,
    Well, I for one won’t be able to make Daytona this year.
    I had a little accident on 22 Feb that left me with both the quadricep muscles completely torn out of both my right and left knees.
    Had emergency surgery to try and reattach them the day aftere and I;m currently being held captive in an intensice rehab center in Rhinebeck, NY.
    I should be stuck here until April 1 at the earliest.
    Glad that I’ll at least be able to see the action on the strip from the hospitals computer. Gonna miss judging the bike shows at Willies and the Limpnickle skate part and hanging out with the staff of Bikernet, The Horse, Kopteri and Cycle Source Magazines, oh well, such is life in the fast lane.
    I’m starting to put some stock in the old adage, ” there are old bikers and there are bols bikers but there are damn few old, bold bikers” ,,,lol
    Have a beer for me and pinch a few butts,
    Warmest regards,
    TBear

8. 8 Zoomer Mar 10th, 2008 at 9:37 pm

Cyril,
    Finally got a chance to stop by and check out the blog. Great work keeping everyone updated on just about everything that’s new and important in the biker community. Had a great time and hope to see you again next year. Maybe we can set up the same accommodations, at least YOU don’t snore. Until the next show, take care and ride safe.

Judge Zoomer

9. 9 JC Palmer Sep 2nd, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Just a shout out to all cycle biddere on e-bay! When bidding on cycle from “Autoexpressia” out of DeWitt Iowa the thing to know is “Buyer Beware”! I got screwed -no need for you to!

Barnett