A Master Link To Sell US Parts Abroad

This post directed to professionals, dealers, manufacturers, custom builders who wish to sell their unique custom motorcycle parts abroad. The idea comes from Colleen Swartz that a lot of us know from her career as a professional motorcycle photographer and writer. She created "MasterLink International", a business model to create an international market for custom motorcycle parts fabricated in the United States. The key to this business is to give small businesses offering custom parts the opportunity to have their offerings advertised in foreign markets, for example in bike shows, and utilize local dealers in those markets to sell the parts.  "MasterLink International" claims to take the work out of shipping, marketing, distribution and resolves language barriers to open entirely new markets for these parts. Collen is looking for new parts to distribute. Interested parties can contact Colleen at Colleen@masterlinkinternational.com

8 Responses to “A Master Link To Sell US Parts Abroad”

1. 1 Chris Callen (Source Editor) Mar 27th, 2008 at 10:28 am

Great idea, Colleen is creating a solid network for the little guy. Smaller builders in this country will be able to reach out globally through MasterLink without tackling the international challenges alone. Brilliant!

2. 2 ROGUE Mar 28th, 2008 at 7:12 am

If Colleen is involved you can count on it being a well run network.

3. 3 Marilyn Stemp Mar 28th, 2008 at 8:22 am

It’s an excellent idea. Instead of importing foreign-made products into America, why not export better, US made components to even the playing field a bit? There are creative people here in the US with the ideas and abilities to manufacture products, but who may lack the business savvy or contacts to promote them. Colleen is filling the gap to get those products to market.

4. 4 Rodent Mar 28th, 2008 at 9:08 am

Go Colleen!!

5. 5 madpuppy Mar 28th, 2008 at 12:45 pm

Yea, Go Rodent ! lol

6. 6 Colleen Mar 31st, 2008 at 9:11 pm

Thank you all for your support! Hearing such positive things from such an esteemed group of peers (and thanks to Cyril for publishing this) really warms my cockles.

I hope that I can generate much needed income for the builders who make these unique parts. I have always viewed my business (shooting and publishing custom bikes) as being a “fringe” business. I don’t build the bikes, I don’t finance the bikes, I don’t haul the bikes around the country… I just find them and get them some press. What this means to me if these little builders go under because of a depressed US economy is that I am directly affected because I cannot build the bikes that I make a living shooting.

I hope that basing this business in the desire to provide income to others (I hope myself as well) will bring us success. I have great hopes for the April 20th show…. I will post an update after that date to tell you how we did.

Thank you all for your support. -Colleen

7. 7 Scott Webster Apr 1st, 2008 at 7:37 pm

We at Leroy – Thompson were fortunate enough to be invited on this at ground level and are proud to have Master Link as our distributor. Colleen has her stuff together on this project and has done all of her homework to follow it through and see the best for us and our product. I encourage support from all in this endeavor and wish Master Link all the best.

Keep it up Colleen!!!!!!

8. 8 Lauren Fabre Apr 2nd, 2008 at 3:25 pm

I think it’s an excellent idea, I have customers (individuals) in Australia, England, France and Germany. They love American made products. Good luck.
    American Cycle Accessories