AMD World Championship. Who Will Get This Bling Bling?

AMD Showmaster Neil Blaber
 wants to remind you that this year’s Official World Championship of Custom Bike Building will again be held at Champions Park, Lazelle Street, Sturgis, SD, over 3-6 August. Move-in is on Saturday August 2, with awards on Wednesday August 6 at 3pm. In addition to the expected 25+ international bikes, this year the show will welcome builders from the S&S Cycle 50th Anniversary Celebration Build-Off. For the winner, this year’s Championship Ring is solid Black Hills gold mined from just outside Sturgis. Designed and hand made by Stamper Jewelry with over 50 hours of hand crafted labor, there are 30 diamonds through the ring. It has a retail value of approximately $10,000. New for this year will be our “Certified Runner” seal. Either by providing video evidence of the bike running prior to the event, or starting and running the bike at registration on-site, this seal will be added to the bike’s display card at the event to help the judging process. AMD Championship Of Bike Building.

7 Responses to “AMD World Championship. Who Will Get This Bling Bling?”

1. 1 Speedhorn Jun 4th, 2008 at 8:36 pm

Scam-Master is more like it. Hey maybe the winner can pawn the ring. It’s the only way they’ll get paid!

Seriously bro’s wen you gonna realize how bad shows like this can hurt the builder community. My buddy never saw his money from two years ago but he just doesn’t have the time or money to go chasin for it. All those hours and dollars spent on preppin bikes and for what? Nuthin. Cuz they don’t pay the winners. Its a con dudes.

Enter your ride in a real show that does not need all this hype and “bling”

2. 2 rodent Jun 4th, 2008 at 10:08 pm

Where the hell does this guy get the right to declare World Champion? What a crock? He’s got the city of sturgis conned

3. 3 Neil Bradley Jun 4th, 2008 at 10:45 pm

If we agree that custom bike building is a mechanical art, nobody can be world champion. There is not such a thing as a world champion. There is no world champion in art or mechanics, in architecture, fashion, painting, etc. The concept dosn’t make sense to me. You can win the AMD Sturgis show, that’s it. Why most of the famous US builders never participate to this AMD show? The winning bikes of the past were quite beautiful but how to choose a winner without classes representing the same style of bikes? I don’t understand.

4. 4 Mr Negative Jun 5th, 2008 at 10:56 am

Yea, Listen up now. I may not be able to spell, capitalize, or produce a single intellegent sentence, but I know what world means… somethin like international.
    Who cares! I don’t like it. Makes my roids itch.

5. 5 Buzz Kanter Jun 9th, 2008 at 12:13 pm

Sounds like many who have responded here to this seem to speak with one voice.

I have always been amazed at how the folks at AMD have built an operation striclty on image rather than substance. Too much smoke and mirrors for me. And this so-called, self-proclaimed “World Championship” is another example of their house of cards.

And the big news now is that these world championship quality motorcycles have to actually run? Oh my…what an amazing concept!
    How could they be so demanding as to actually make the motorcycle run to achieve that highly desirable “Certified Runner” seal of approval?

We at American Iron Magazine, the best selling Harley-oriented magazine in the world, would not be comfortable proclaiming a “World Champion” motorcycle, so how does AMD, which almost all American motoryclists have never ever heard of does so year after year.

Oh well, isn’t America an amazing place?

6. 6 Tony P Jun 10th, 2008 at 5:44 pm

Have to say I agree with you guys. The whole thing feels kind of fake and misses the point of why we love to build bikes. Though I’ll bet none of those AMD fellers ever built a bike before so how would they know? If the thing about not paying up is true then why would anyone still want to enter? Beats me as there’s lots more events where they could showcase their designs to an appreciative audience. Legend Top 50 for one. See ya there!

7. 7 David anthony Jul 17th, 2008 at 12:56 pm

Are the Super bowl winners really world champs of football? How about the world series of baseball? The world champion Boston Red Sox? I see Americans buying into worst things than this, like Hilary and Obamas bullshit. America is turning into a bunch of whinners.