In Memoriam Of Bettie Page

Legendary pinup queen Bettie Page died of pneumonia at the age of 85 in a Los Angeles, California.

She was an American icon, the “ultimate sex goddess,” and for my personal taste outscored Marilyn Monroe. She had an extraordinary intelligence and personality and was for me a James Dean type of rebel figure. An embodiment of beauty and sensuality, her images have been used on many of our custom culture artworks. No doubt that she will never stop to capture our imagination. Bettie Page.

11 Responses to “In Memoriam Of Bettie Page”

1. 1 Lyle Dec 12th, 2008 at 10:10 am

She was truly an American Icon. RIP Betty Page.

2. 2 Paul Dec 12th, 2008 at 10:56 am

RIP Divina Sexy Bettie.

3. 3 RF Dec 12th, 2008 at 12:43 pm

God bless Bettie Page!

4. 4 spaz Dec 12th, 2008 at 1:19 pm

I have that exact pic of her tattood on me! I had my tattoo artist sexy it up a little by removing the bra and shortening the panties. Same famous picture, just a little sexier.

5. 5 P Roberts Dec 12th, 2008 at 4:05 pm

Page starred in a few mainstream movies too, didn’t she?

6. 6 burnout Dec 12th, 2008 at 11:18 pm

I agree Cyril, as cool as Marilyn was, Bettie Page is the definite pinup icon! peace

7. 7 Missy Scott Dec 13th, 2008 at 7:25 pm

She had such an incredible spark of life and enthusiasm. Marilyn was cool, for sure, but there was always something a bit sad about her. Not so with Bettie. Her joie de vivre was so contagious.

8. 8 Knucklehead Dec 14th, 2008 at 10:59 pm

Bless Bettie. The woman set the standard for today. Not just for a little boy but for the freedoms of women in all. Read the posts at Rippen-Kittens blog. It is very good.

9. 9 Bobfather Dec 15th, 2008 at 11:37 am

Bettie has been featured on several of my Custom Cree-ations as well. My personal bike has two portraits of her featured. I’d agree that she is the ultimate pin up goddess, I was sorry to hear of her passing. I know we’ll continue to see her immortalized in many forms of the Kustom Kulture. It’s a shame it took her so long to realize how much she has influenced the culture as a whole.

10. 10 Marc Mazerolle Dec 15th, 2008 at 12:46 pm

Very sad to hear the news about Ms. Page. She was inspiration for our first build, tattoos and our general attitude of our group. She will live on in our hearts and in our minds.

11. 11 Verticus Erectus Dec 22nd, 2008 at 11:28 am

Too bad you couldn’t find a real picture of Bettie Page. That’s Gretchen Moll playing Bettie Page. Ms. Page became famous because of Bunny Yeager who is still alive and living in Miami Shores shooting pics of beautiful women.