Custom Chrome Now e-Retailing. Kind Of…

I applaud the new initiative of Custom Chrome because it will benefit both its dealer network and the retail clientele. Via its website the company is now offering retail customers the possibility to shop the Custom Chrome Catalog, and at time of check out, place their orders directly with their local dealer.
Custom Chrome recognizes that in today’s world, e-commerce is a viable way for motorcycle enthusiasts to shop in the comfort of their own home or office.  “We understand that consumers do the majority of their research through magazines and online” said Steve Veltri, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Custom Chrome.  “It was for that reason we chose to develop a way in which that research could then be directed back to our valuable dealer network for an immediate transaction rather than leaving our site and trying to find another source for their purchases.

“Custom Chrome will continue to support its dealer network and therefore needed to find a way to direct those consumers browsing our website to our valuable dealer network” said Holger Mohr, CEO of Custom Chrome. “The Custom Chrome website remains a very busy place for consumers who are looking to find their next upgrade or performance enhancement” Mohr went on to say.  “We felt it was our duty to create the necessary tool needed to turn that consumer research into direct dealer sales right here on our website”.

Dealers should contact their Custom Chrome Sales Representative for details on how to sign up for e-Store status through the dealer locator on its website.  The following is a link outlining the details of the registration process and answers many of the questions they may have regarding how they can become a part of the Custom Chrome e-Store Dealer Network. Custom Chrome Dealer Registration. Retail customers can shop directly by going to the Custom Chrome Catalog.

10 Responses to “Custom Chrome Now e-Retailing. Kind Of…”

1. 1 triumphwizard Dec 13th, 2008 at 3:18 pm

gee CCI nice way to build up your retail mailing list!!!

2. 2 rodent Dec 14th, 2008 at 8:07 am

drop shipped direct from Korea or Taiwan?

3. 3 steveb Dec 14th, 2008 at 9:43 am

Hmm, methinks as soon as CCI has enough data to confirm that more than a piddling minority of their end-use customers have web access and are comfy with completing e-transactions-they will do as many companies have…offer their complete line of product direct to the consumer online.

The way they could (as many have done)l “protect” their retail distribution points is by holding to a “full retail cost schedule” in regards to online transactions direct from CCI – allowing the dealers alone, to discount what is offered on the price list. I would imagine they will also not charge the cost of shipping to a consumer whose purchase was completed through a brick/mortar location thereby not penalizing customers for shopping “locally”‘.

Not such a good thing if you count heavily on CCI sales for brightening your bottom line. So much for protecting your local distributors… I wonder whose going to install all of these “direct purchase” goods?

4. 4 Anderson Groover Dec 14th, 2008 at 7:35 pm

I think it’s a pretty good idea. But what if my dealer already gives me a discount for big purchases? I am not going to order online at full price. I also see a problem for all these bikers who order the wrong parts. Who is going to do the returns? The dealer or the one who ordered? What about restocking fees? The system of Custom hrome can be good but can also create potential problems and conflicts.

5. 5 Slag Dec 14th, 2008 at 8:45 pm

I like rodents response. (drop shipped direct from Korea or Taiwan?)

6. 6 Me.... Dec 15th, 2008 at 12:40 pm

No Rodent…they are in Morgan Hill, California.

7. 7 Patrick R. Dec 18th, 2008 at 11:03 pm

I approached Custom Chrome with same idea about a year ago and they basically slammed the door in my face! I am online retail at the moment, and they wouldnt even look at my application to become a dealer. What a bunch of crap…get with the times Custom chrome!! I do a pretty good business even without a retail site! The economy is a bit slow right now, but I am still holding my own even without the help of the extensive Custom Chrome catalog. We” see who’s laughing in the long run….

8. 8 A real dealer Dec 19th, 2008 at 10:43 am

Lets see, no brick and mortor business, who sells to you?? Some other whore of the industry? Bet you sell some pretty nice stuff, NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fuckin whore.

9. 9 Patrick R. Jan 1st, 2009 at 11:58 am

A real dealer?? I dont see you promoting yourself….nothing to promote? Name calling doesnt bother me at all. By the the way, I am a legitimate busniess person. Take your brick and mortar and plug your mouth. I sell the same products that most other dealers do……I just dont do business with Custom Chrome.

Didnt even have the balls to leave your name or shop name! Yeah, you’re the REAL DEAL~ Let me step out of your way~

10. 10 Joe Bikers Mar 4th, 2009 at 6:02 pm

Rodent, you say drop shiping from Taiwan or Korea? DUDE, look around you? shit that you buy and wear and eat everyday is being brought over to the wonderful US soil you call home.

But to answer your question, No! it’s not being drop shipped from overseas. The fact that you don’t have to keep the inventory of all these products in your store is heaven sent.

Fact: Yes, CCI “HAD” major issues with their inventory… but let’s be honest, have YOU placed an order lately? Probably not.
    Well I have and all 4 orders within the past month have been 100% filled in the exception of one item that nobody else had!

Seems like they are making the right moves…
    Only time will tell!