Restored 1953 Vincent Black Shadow On The Auction Block

1953-vincent-black-shadowMost of us are going to dream to win the auction of this 1953 Vincent Black Shadow offered by the AMA’s Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum. Auction of this histroric machine begins today January 23 on eBay and runs through February 1, 2009, This motorcycle was restored by famed Vincent restorer Mike White of Ontario, Canada, and Brent Mayfield of Centerville, Ohio.  The 1953 production is fully documented through copies of factory paperwork, and photos of the machine prior to restoration are available.  The Vincent was originally purchased by the Museum specifically for the annual 2008 Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum raffle.  This year, for the first time, the winner of the Museum’s raffle chose to accept an alternate cash prize instead of the motorcycle, allowing the Museum the opportunity to auction the 1953 Vincent Black Shadow. Riders can log on to eBay and enter ID number 160311565061 to bid on this classic Vincent. All proceeds will support the non-profit Museum and its mission of telling the exciting stories and preserving the history of American motorcycling.

12 Responses to “Restored 1953 Vincent Black Shadow On The Auction Block”

1. 1 Conrad Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:47 pm

FORGET THE AUCTION!!!! Donate it to the Conrad Nicklus I want the restored Vincent Black Shadow in my garage fund. 🙂 I have some room for it in my room!!!

2. 2 ian Jan 23rd, 2009 at 2:22 pm

with the £ falling like a stone against the $ you should check out and see if you can find a vintage bargain.

3. 3 Lyle Jan 23rd, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Or just look for a Series C Rapide which can be had for alot less than a Black Shadow.

4. 4 Arie Jan 23rd, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Hey! That looks just like my bike! lol Ian… Thank for the tip on verralls. Very cool website! (Of course, not as cool as your site, Cyril…)

5. 5 Attila Jan 24th, 2009 at 8:52 am

Very cool. I actually just ferreted out a goose chase Vincent after much time spent hunting and found a Rapide. Still working on a price so I can’t say that it’ll be mine.

6. 6 Nicker Jan 24th, 2009 at 3:40 pm

What? No ABS….!!??

Worthless junk!

7. 7 James (Kiwi) Jan 24th, 2009 at 4:16 pm

So Vincent invented the dark custom.They are one of the most beautiful bikes ever built.I
    remember as a kid when they were still seen reasonably often on the road.Even the VOC used to ride them then .They looked huge and just very special.
    Over here HD’s were less common and the Vincent and the square 4 were the biggest bikes on the road.Now a 1000cc is no longer a big bike and the Vinny looks small beside todays two wheel tanks.Still thats progress….I guess.

8. 8 burnout Jan 25th, 2009 at 4:09 pm

me wanta square 4!!!!!!!!! peace

9. 9 Bradford Jan 25th, 2009 at 10:23 pm

Beautiful bike!

10. 10 Jeff Nicklus Jan 26th, 2009 at 3:55 pm

When I was a very young man our next door neighbor had a 1953 Vincent that looked a lot like the one shown. I loved that bike then and I love it now!

In thinking back, my Mother, who passed on many years ago, used to warn me about “not talking to that man next door … he is a hoodlum. Just look at him parading around on that thing!” ….. years later she became more somewhat more understanding when her eldest Son Jeff started riding those “things”. Not sure she ever accepted it though.

Over & Out,

11. 11 Mann Mastermann Feb 4th, 2009 at 9:44 pm

I had VBS from 1952 and sold it for $25,000 in 1979. It was the biggest mistake in my life.

12. 12 BlindPew May 10th, 2010 at 8:15 pm

This is such a beautiful motorbike. I’m glad to see attitude like Nicker so that at least I’ll have a chance to buy one when I make my 1st million :>) I meet a man yesterday who has a collection of 8 Vincent’s. I Comet, 1Meteor and the rest are Rapides and a Black Shadow. They all work and he rides them all, one at a time I imagine. What a wonderful piece of engineering. And would still wow you on acceleration.