Pink Slip Of The Week

letteroftheweek1Dear Employees.

Due to the current financial situation caused by the slowdown of economy, Management has decided to implement a scheme to put workers of 40 years of age and above on early retirement. This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).
Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to management to be eligible for the SHAFT scheme (Special Help After Forced Termination). Persons who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under the SCREW programme (Scheme Covering Retired Early Workers).

A person may be RAPED once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as Management deems appropriate.
Persons who have been RAPED can only get AIDS (Additional Income for Dependants & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel Early Severance).
Obviously persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or SCREWED any further by Management.
Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive as much SHIT (Special High Intensity Training) as possible. Management has always prided itself on the amount of SHIT it gives employees. Should you feel that you do not receive enough SHIT, please bring to the attention of your Supervisor. They have been trained to give you all the SHIT you can handle. Sincerely,
The Management.

50 Responses to “Pink Slip Of The Week”

1. 1 Jeff Nicklus Jan 28th, 2009 at 6:32 pm

The Dem’s will be out in force for this one! It’s is the policies of George Bush that stimulated this letter! I can hear it now!

This will be fun!

Over & Out,

2. 2 Boss Hawg Jan 28th, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Woo hoo…Let it RIP…Rest In Peace!

Boss Hawg

3. 3 Pat Jan 28th, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Jeff. Stop your Democrats bashing. Obama is our only chance to get out of this mess. Remember McCain stating in November that the fundamentals of the US economy were very good. Is there still a GOP? I don’t think so.

4. 4 Conrad Jan 29th, 2009 at 12:57 am

Wouldnt you be bashing on the Republicans if they were in office? I bet you would and I bet my dad wouldnt be saying stop your bashing like a little baby. Dont get so bent out of shape and calm down. Jesus Christ

5. 5 Jim Jan 29th, 2009 at 9:08 am

Now Conrad, go a little easy on Pat. He is a little edgy waiting for BO to send him a check to pay his mortgage and I’m sure his gas gauge is reading near empty so he hasn’t gotten that check either. He probably doesn’t even mind whatever rights they are taking from us today. I’m sure he is all about the Fairness Doctrine and the Global Poverty Act. All those little things that BO is really about. I’m sure he did all his own research to make sure he was choosing the best candidate to lead this great nation. I’m sure too that he is happy to see stimulus money going towards paying back people like ACORN for getting him elected.
    Some people really should take the time to pull their heads out of their asses and look around. Who’s puppet is BO? Where did the $675 million come from that he bought the presidency with? Everybody should start thinking for themselves and quit listening to mainstream media.

6. 6 BigHand Jan 29th, 2009 at 9:12 am

Pat….Up yours…you know what I mean.

7. 7 Cliff Lazarini Jan 29th, 2009 at 9:16 am

Jeff, Conrad and Jim are among the very few still listening to Rush Limbaugh and watching Fox (Faux) news…Wake up, America & the world have changed, without you left far behind..

8. 8 Jenny Chambers Jan 29th, 2009 at 9:36 am

It’s funny to observe that McCain supporters!?! are unable to present any argument, just stating lies and insulting others. Exactly like during the presidential campaign. It says a lot. Anyway, I remind the above disgruntled republicans that 80% of Americans approve Obama policies.

9. 9 Cade Jan 29th, 2009 at 10:13 am

For Jenny Chambers ,
    Sometimes The Majority Only Means All The Fools Are Going The Wrong Way.

Are you and other Fools all set for the next big terrorists attack here in America ?
    Should the cuban prisoners be released in your back yard?

I do have to give credit where credit is due though….B.Hussian Obama has helped our economy at all the firearms,gun dealers. Infact B.Hussian Obama is Americas top gun salesman.

10. 10 Jeff Nicklus Jan 29th, 2009 at 10:21 am

Unless I am mistaken, which I am not, 80% of American didn’t vote for BO …. didn’t BO used to mean Body Odor? Just a thought.

Over & Out,

11. 11 Jeff Nicklus Jan 29th, 2009 at 10:23 am

……. “Wake up, America & the world have changed” ….

The word would be “has changed” …. not “have changed” ……

Over & Out,

12. 12 Cade Jan 29th, 2009 at 10:28 am

Can you not do math either. Jeff is correct…NOT 80%….he only won by slimmer margin than a lot of fools know. And get his name right, it’s B.Hussian Obama or if you prefer BO or “Body Odor”.

13. 13 Conrad Jan 29th, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Oh Jenny. I try not to laugh as you posted about lies and insults. You posted a lie in your few sentences of rambling, just like a typical Democrat would do then blame it on the Republicans, you need to find out that your 80% ruling is bullshit. As for not being able to state an argument, I think I can “state an argument” better than you can tell the facts about your own Political Party. As a strong standing Republican, from the Heart of Texas, I have a series of questions to ask you and expect a response since you opened your big mouth.
    As an obvious B. Hussein Obama supporter you show the typical lackluster sense of humor that all of his supporters have. But let me ask you this, If B. Hussein Obama was a Republican and had the same views as he does now, would you have voted for him? NO you wouldn’t have. You are a typical Democrat; you don’t read the facts about the candidate at hand before you vote. You base your lies and life on the fact that you believe the Republican Party is torn asunder and the Democrats are like Gods.
    Just to clarify the being of such a “Great Man”, B. Hussein Obama, let me ask you another question on the supporting matter of if you would vote if he was Republican. You speak of insults and stating lies but what you failed to mention is all the lies and insults your Democratic Party put out every single day, not just in their campaign either. What is the difference between lying for the good of the country and lying to make it into Presidency for you? As a Democrat you should know a lot about this matter.
    The main concern for many people is that B. Hussein Obama gave up his citizenship in America to go to school in a foreign country with his father. His father which may I add is of Muslim decent and a mother who is KANSAN and ATHIEST. Now BHO is trying to revoke the right to open prayer in public schools, even in the Football Locker rooms or anywhere. I don’t know about any of you on the Blog but when I was about to head out to the battlefield I wanted to ask God to protect me from being injured, as well as my fellow teammates. I have a quote from one of BHOs books;
    …..I would remove god from the pledge in public schools, and from our coins and bills. I also strongly oppose public funding of textbooks for use in religious institutions. Having said that, it should be noted that I am not advocating school prayer. The prayer group reference is based on the theory (with which I have some reservations, but do understand) that if a school elects to open its doors to other student-led, voluntary groups, then a voluntary student-led prayer group cannot be discriminated against. Incidentally, this is the same First Amendment free speech argument that supports allowing equal access to voluntary, student-led gay-straight alliance groups.
    Now, on to the fact of losing his citizenship to move to Indonesia with his father. I found this quote online on a very resourceful webpage;
    Exhibit C: Indonesian citizenship
    Only Indonesian citizens could attend Indonesian schools at the time Barack Obama attended the Indonesian school where he was registered as Barry Soetoro. His citizenship was listed as Indonesian, his religion as Islam, and his father as Lolo Soetoro, M.A. There was also no dual citizenship at the time. If he was adopted by his Indonesian stepfather, he would have forfeited any U.S. citizenship he may have had, just as when a child is adopted in America, he or she becomes an American.
    No comment, it is stated enough in the quote above to explain my reasoning for posting this.
    My question to you, Jenny, is if BHO is so spectacular and you support him so well. What do you think about him possibly not being a legal citizen any longer? Would you still support someone who blatantly would be breaking the laws of Presidency?

I’m going to add a few things in here that you all should read. This is a list of exhibits pertaining to the lawsuit on which has been slapped on BHO. Yes, Obama in fact has complete awareness of this lawsuit and has actually made comments on TV and in Newspapers about this matter.
    The Three Unanswered Questions Ad
    as printed in The Washington Times National Weekly in the November 17, 24, and Dec. 8editions and in Human Events on Dec. 8:

Exhibit A: The Grandmother’s tape
    Barack Obama’s own grandmother said he was born in Kenya. While politicians are known for it, grandmothers seldom lie. It’s recorded on tape: “I was in the delivery room in [Mombosa,] Kenya, when he was born Aug. 4, 1961.” – Sarah Obama, Obama’s paternal grandmother

Exhibit B: No Original Birth Certificate
    Experts have called the Certification of Live Birth posted online a forgery. Berg reported “It’s clearly been altered,” which invalidates it, according to the document itself. Add to this the Hawaiian law at the time which allowed people to register for this non-hospital short form certificate (without a doctor’s signature) up to one year from the date of the child’s birth.

Exhibit C: Indonesian citizenship

Exhibit D: U.S. Law
    In addition, according to U.S. law pertaining to births abroad, from “Dec. 24, 1952, to Nov. 13, 1986,” in order to register the child’s birth as a U.S. natural-born citizen at the time of Obama’s birth, he or she must be: 1. Born to two U.S. citizen
    parents; OR 2. If only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of the birth, that
    parent must have resided in the United States for at least 10 years, at least five of
    which must be after the age of 14.

Since Barack Obama’s father was not a U.S. citizen and Obama’s mother was only 18 at the time of his birth, she failed to meet the legal requirements of U.S. residency for at least five years after the age of 14.

14. 14 Jenny Chambers Jan 29th, 2009 at 1:52 pm

Conrad, you sound like a very arrogant & ignorant teenager. You sound 15/16 years old? Right?

1- Several polls this week show that 80% of Americans now support Obama. I never talked about elections.
    2- I am a republican who voted Obama, like many republicans fed up by Bush/Cheney disnonesty, and stupidiyty.
    3- About Obama citizenship. You copied & pasted lies found in anti -Obama websites. All the reasoning you copied starts from statements that you present like as being US laws, but they are not !!!! What you state is false or distorted. So, your conclusions are far off and laughable. See a good republican immigration lawyer, pay him a fee, and he will explain to you. If there is a legal case to challenge Obama citizenship why do you think that it failed miserably? Tell me why McCain and republican politicians never used publicly your arguments? I tell you,, because there is no legal casel They just feeded the rumors to try to slow the overwhelming wave of Obama supporters. As you know, it didn’t work.
    4- You are bitter. Instead you should support your new president.
    5- To write several times B. Hussein Obama and not Barack Hussein Obama or Barack H. Obama is showing how much you are prejudiced. What about BO = Body Odor ? Shame on you. I am certain that with your initials CWhat? anyone could make a good (bad) joke about you. Are you a young freshly recruited white supremacist? You sound like it. Hope not.

15. 15 Conrad Jan 29th, 2009 at 3:01 pm

You are sure quick to pass a judgment on a site that no one knows who you are. Are you in the Industry? I don’t think so. I found a Jennifer Chambers that is part of the Black Panthers group, what a coincidence after calling me a “young freshly recruited white supremacist”. You know with the way you stated that I should be questioning you and whether or not you have enough gumption to realize maybe you are the racist one here. Is it you that I the prejudice on here? I think so. I never ONCE mentioned anything prejudice, I simply do not like to say Barrack and I think that the judgment I am spitting out shows more power and aptitude towards the name Hussein and shows a little bit of dramatic effect as well. It’s simply a choice of names for me and has nothing to do with color, religion or whatever. See, you are the ones I like to face in public. I would enjoy being able to humiliate you all day long in the fight of racism and prejudice.
    Am I a racist or am I prejudiced? The answer is unequivocally NO. I have just as many African American, Asian, Muslim, Islamic and “Mexican” friends as I do white. I treat all of them the same and I hangout with all of them on a pretty normal basis. What I do hate is people like you who come on sites like this or on TV and spit all this racist shit out and says oh if you are white you are prejudice because you do not like Obama. Not once did I say I don’t like Obama did I Jenny? NO. I feel that if CHANGE is possible now is the perfect time to do so and I wish him luck. I will support his good choices but his bad I, am sad to say, will not support it.
    Where on Earth did you get that I said BO- Body Odor. You are fucking retarded in the brain if you try and say I said that, I didn’t. So I would advice you to not put words in my mouth or spread more lies online.
    Also, you know exactly how old I am, don’t try and play games and demean me in anyway. You have done a little bit of research and you know certain facts yourself. I have embarrassed many “older” people in their 50’s 60’s 70’s etc because of this so called “prejudice” factor you always bring into play. I won’t mind embarrassing you; I just wish it was in person like usual. You are a typical left wing nut job who doesn’t know anything but what they read or hear due to your lack of common sense and competence.
    The lawsuit against BHO is in fact in play as we speak. He has yet to show his real Birth Certificate and has always changed subjects when asked about his father and moving to Indonesia. I FEEL, AS WELL AS MANY OTHER AMERICANS, THAT THIS IS A LITTLE BIT SKECTHY. So in no way have I lied about that and the things I copied came from the New York Times!!!! The other quote came from one of his books, which I have read 10 of the 12 that he has (once I have time Ill read the other 2). He has some very valid points in his books and now as President. BUT, he also has messed up in several things he has said in his books. He is on the verge of socialism and feels he is almost the messiah of his kind. He has a big head for who he is and doesn’t realize how much work really is ahead of him. I wish him luck and I wish our country luck, we need it bad.
    As for 80% of Americans approving his choices; I call bullshit. You know how media works. The majority of the people they ask will be Democrats and the rest little bit will be Republican. This is a biased percentage if you ask me. What you and others don’t think about is how the Bush approval rating sucked, yes, but did you think about the Democrat run Congress (who really makes the decisions and have more power for laws and such than the President) had a way worse approval rating than Bush? See, as a supposed Republican you do not know all your facts. Bush/Cheney’s lies? Come on, don’t be naïve. I don’t believe for a second you are a real Republican. I also have a sheet that shows the ACTUAL counties won by Red and Blue…..Guess what McCain won the overall counties by a long shot. But he lost the Major Liberal cities, where you know what kind of people live who voted for Obama.
    So really all of this bickering coming from you, my dad, Pat, etc on here is pointless. We can not change the fact that BHO is our President and no matter what we all have to support him now and Pray to God (OMG I said Pray to God!!!!! NSA is going to come get me!!!) that he can turn this economy around. God forbid he doesn’t because then all the Dems will blame it on the Repubs for putting them in a situation they couldn’t get out of. LMAO

Also, “They just feeded the rumors” I think you meant to write FED? It too me a few seconds to figure out what was wrong there.
    “All the reasoning you copied starts from statements that you present like as being US laws”. I did not post them like they are US Laws. I posted them as I copied from the New York Times. Read a little closer and not just skim the writing.

Let’s all get back to Motorcycles once again and leave this Political subject out of it. It just pisses everyone off and we can’t even discuss the new badass Victory Concept!!!!!!!!!

My initials are JCN btw. Jeffrey Conrad Nicklus

16. 16 Jenny Chambers Jan 29th, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Ok, you are 15 years old. And I am a white tigress, very white. LOL. Girlfriend of somebody well known in this industry. And I refute in block all your confused/rebellious teenager statements.

17. 17 Jeff Nicklus Jan 29th, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Jenny – Conrad,

Children Please!

Let finish this with the writings of a very wise man …..

I don’t think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like the United Caucasian College Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens…Jesse Jackson will be knocking down your door.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes you a killer. You can kill someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is trying to ban you from driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason, which is why there are no girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE ?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is not a phobia, it is an opinion.

I have the right ‘NOT’ to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or tick me off.

When 70% of the people who get arrested are black, in cities where 70% of the population is black, that is not racial profiling; it is the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milkshake, a pack of cigarettes, a newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English! As a matter of fact, if you want to be an American citizen, you should have to speak English!

My father and grandfather didn’t die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot you if you threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you can’t understand the word ‘freeze’ or ‘stop’ in English, see the above lines.

I don’t think just because you were not born in this country, you are qualified for any special loan programs, government sponsored bank loans or tax breaks, etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket store, or any other business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries and risk our lives in wars to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they could come over here and tell us our constitution is a living document; and open to their inter pretentions.

I don’t hate the rich I don’t pity the poor

I know pro wrestling is fake, but so are movies and television. That doesn’t stop you from watching them.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next operating system that’s better, and put your name on the building.

It doesn’t take a whole village to raise a child right, but it does take a parent to stand up to the kid; and smack their little behinds when necessary, and say ‘NO!’

I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want them, but please don’t pretend they are a political statement. And, please, stay home until that new lip ring heals. I don’t want to look at your ugly infected mouth as you serve me French fries!

I am sick of ‘Political Correctness.’ I know a lot of black people, and not a single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they be ‘African-Americans’? Besides, Africa is a continent. I don’t go around saying I am a European-American because my great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Europe. I am proud to be from America and nowhere else!

And if you don’t like my point of view, tough…

Now, go figure out who the author is and stop the bickering!

Over & Out,

18. 18 Biker Forums Jan 29th, 2009 at 3:55 pm

Nice little “discussion” here. Me, I voted Republican, now though I have to live with a Dem in office. Just like the Clinton years we will have to wait and see what happens. Pres. Obama has already made some changes I disagree with strongly and I am waiting to see if he can do anything about the economy and also what he does about Iraq and Afghanistan (soldier here). Only time will tell how this presidency will turn out and I hope that the president and his staff do not have motives that are counter to American values and interests. We have 4 years of his leadership to look forward to, if you are unhappy with policies, make your voice heard, that is all you can do right now.

19. 19 JT Jan 29th, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Let’s talk about something else, how about the Super Bowl. Nobody wins discussing politics.

20. 20 Jeff Nicklus Jan 29th, 2009 at 5:04 pm

Way to go JT,

Let’s start another argument ….. I hope the Cardinals’ win however; I believe the Steelers will kill ’em.

Over & Out,

21. 21 harry Jan 29th, 2009 at 6:09 pm

As far as Mr. Nicklus comments about the Steelers go, I think that he is right. The Cardinals are probably thrilled just to be in the Superbowl, and will self-destruct come game time. I predict as well that it will be a blowout in the Steelers favor. If the Cardinals win, well the folks that bet on them will have a shitload of $$$ burning a hole in their pockets at the end of the game.

22. 22 Karen Jan 29th, 2009 at 6:36 pm

Obama is going for the Steelers so I will have to go with the Cardinals. I was for the Cardinals anyway but this only makes me more of a Cardinal fan.

23. 23 Conrad Jan 29th, 2009 at 7:13 pm

You are the GIRLFRIEND of someone in the Industry? Good for your boyfriend being in the industry, if he is that big I probably know him. But are you on here just to discuss politics? Your postings basically show that is the only thing you know about whats on here. Ive been here since I was 5 lol. Im 21 btw, which you would know if you were in the Industry 🙂 not to be rude. The 15 year old smartass comment was rude, so I take it back, I am being rude when I say the above.

Dad, JT, Harry,

I hate to tell you all the Cardinals are going to win. They have the offense from hell and their defense is not half bad. They have defensive back LaBoy and Tight end Spach, I think he is out though. Spach definitely is top quality in my mind while not injured. But they also have Brown,Branch, and Fitzgerald

They have Larry Fitzgerald as WB who is unstopable with speed and catching.
    Kurt Warner, well as we all know is getting old but seems to be getting better as he goes.

So I dont know but I think by luck and good players the Cards will pull a victory over Pitts.

24. 24 rodent Jan 29th, 2009 at 7:57 pm

Why don’t you put the blame where it belongs…with the scumbag bankers, the asshole consolidaters who gave home loans to anybody. The real estate agent made a commission, the banker made when he sold the loan, and the poor slob who bought the house had his payments double under the ARM deal….Eventually the whole deal was going to fall apart. IT DID and we should bail these scumbags out…fuck em they should be in jail..
    A team will win the stupidbowl atem will lose and I don’t give a shit which does what.

25. 25 Conrad Jan 30th, 2009 at 2:40 am

The author is Andy Rooney. That is what he said on 60 minutes not long ago. Thats been all over my email from people sending the youtube link.

26. 26 Sam Jan 30th, 2009 at 10:33 am

Funny, since it was a Democrat-led Congress that helped cause the problems in the first place.

When House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recently barked “no” at reporters for daring to ask if Democrats deserved any blame for the meltdown, you saw denial in action.

Pelosi and her followers would have you believe this all happened because of President Bush and his loyal Senate lapdog, John McCain. Or that big, bad predatory Wall Street banks deserve all the blame.

“The American people are not protected from the risk-taking and the greed of these financial institutions,” Pelosi said recently, as she vowed congressional hearings.

Only one problem: It’s untrue.

Yes, banks did overleverage and take risks they shouldn’t have.

But the fact is, President Bush in 2003 tried desperately to stop Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac from metastasizing into the problem they have since become.

Here’s the lead of a New York Times story on Sept. 11, 2003: “The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.”

Bush tried to act. Who stopped him? Congress, especially Democrats with their deep financial and patronage ties to the two government-sponsored enterprises, Fannie and Freddie.

“These two entities — Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac — are not facing any kind of financial crisis,” said Rep. Barney Frank, then ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. “The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.”

It’s pretty clear who was on the right side of that debate.

As for presidential contender John McCain, just two years after Bush’s plan, McCain also called for badly needed reforms to prevent a crisis like the one we’re now in.

“If Congress does not act,” McCain said in 2005, “American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system and the economy as a whole.”

Sounds like McCain was spot on.

But his warnings, too, were ignored by Congress.

To hear today’s Democrats, you’d think all this started in the last couple years. But the crisis began much earlier. The Carter-era Community Reinvestment Act forced banks to lend to uncreditworthy borrowers, mostly in minority areas.

Age-old standards of banking prudence got thrown out the window. In their place came harsh new regulations requiring banks not only to lend to uncreditworthy borrowers, but to do so on the basis of race.

These well-intended rules were supercharged in the early 1990s by President Clinton. Despite warnings from GOP members of Congress in 1992, Clinton pushed extensive changes to the rules requiring lenders to make questionable loans.

Lenders who refused would find themselves castigated publicly as racists. As noted this week in an IBD editorial, no fewer than four federal bank regulators scrutinized financial firms’ books to make sure they were in compliance.

Failure to comply meant your bank might not be allowed to expand lending, add new branches or merge with other companies. Banks were given a so-called “CRA rating” that graded how diverse their lending portfolio was.

It was economic hardball.

“We have to use every means at our disposal to end discrimination and to end it as quickly as possible,” Clinton’s comptroller of the currency, Eugene Ludwig, told the Senate Banking Committee in 1993.

And they meant it.

In the name of diversity, banks began making huge numbers of loans that they previously would not have. They opened branches in poor areas to lift their CRA ratings.

Meanwhile, Congress gave Fannie and Freddie the go-ahead to finance it all by buying loans from banks, then repackaging and securitizing them for resale on the open market.

That’s how the contagion began.

With those changes, the subprime market took off. From a mere $35 billion in loans in 1994, it soared to $1 trillion by 2008.

Wall Street eagerly sold the new mortgage-backed securities. Not only were they pooled investments, mixing good and bad, but they were backed with the implicit guarantee of government.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac grew to become monsters, accounting for nearly half of all U.S. mortgage loans. At the time of their bailouts this month, they held $5.4 trillion in loans on their books. About $1.4 trillion of those were subprime.

As they grew, Fannie and Freddie grew heavily involved in “community development,” giving money to local housing rights groups and “empowering” the groups, such as ACORN, for whom Barack Obama once worked in Chicago.

Warning signals were everywhere. Yet at every turn, Democrats in Congress halted attempts to stop the madness. It happened in 1992, again in 2000, in 2003 and in 2005. It may happen this year, too.

Since 1989, Fannie and Freddie have spent an estimated $140 million on lobbying Washington. They contributed millions to politicians, mostly Democrats, including Senator Chris Dodd (No. 1 recipient) and Barack Obama (No. 3 recipient, despite only three years in office).

The Clinton White House used Fannie and Freddie as a patronage job bank. Former executives and board members read like a who’s who of the Clinton-era Democratic Party, including Franklin Raines, Jamie Gorelick, Jim Johnson and current Rep. Rahm Emanuel.

Collectively, they and others made well more than $100 million from Fannie and Freddie, whose books were cooked Enron-style during the late 1990s and early 2000s to ensure executives got their massive bonuses.

They got the bonuses. You get the bill.

Any so-called stimulus program is a ruse. The government can increase its spending only by reducing private spending equivalently. Whether government finances its added spending by increasing taxes, by borrowing, or by inflating the currency, the added spending will be offset by reduced private spending.

Furthermore, private spending is generally more efficient than the government spending that would replace it because people act more carefully when they spend their own money than when they spend other people’s money.

Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis.

At a 2004 hearing see Democrat after Democrat covering up and attacking the regulations to protect Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac (their Cash Cows) that are now destroying our economy because the Democrats let them cheat.

27. 27 JT Jan 30th, 2009 at 3:35 pm

Now, this is a much more pleasant discussion. I think we are all estatic for Kurt Warner & the Cardinals. They have a great story & Kurt has risen from the NFL dead. The Cardinals drafted Matt Lienart in the first round, paid him millions & millions & he just couldn’t beat out “old man” Kurt Warner. So, like most of you, I would love to see St. Louis, I mean Arizona win, but it’s gonna be a huge chore to beat out the Steelers. Pittsburg is very tough at all positions. But hey, “on any given Sunday” right?

28. 28 Logan Jan 30th, 2009 at 4:38 pm

The media have pounded President Bush for a wave of Hispanic home foreclosures. But it was Democrats who launched a drive to loosen credit for Hispanics — many of them illegals.

Democrats and their advocacy groups also prodded Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to buy the high-risk NINJA (no income, no job, no assets) loans they’d pressured banks to make to Hispanic immigrants. Now immigrants are defaulting on subprime mortgages in droves, adding to the toxic debt that is poisoning the financial industry.

Yes, Bush was “eager,” as the Washington Post described it, to put more Hispanic families into their own homes, even setting a goal of higher minority homeownership soon after taking office.

But Bush didn’t pressure lenders to adopt sloppy underwriting standards. Nor did he encourage Fannie and Freddie to underwrite subprime loans to meet quotas for minority lending.

That was done under the previous administration. The groundwork for disaster was laid by Clinton and his social engineers — in this case, former HUD chief Henry Cisneros, now a major lobbyist for Latino homeownership.

During the Bush years, the Congressional Hispanic Caucus fanned the flames of the crisis. Led by Democratic Rep. Joe Baca, whose California district is 60% Hispanic, the caucus teamed up with a lobbyist group that Cisneros advises — as well as La Raza and other inner-city agitators — to pressure Fannie and Freddie into making risky subprime loans to Hispanic immigrants that required neither income nor asset documentation.

By 2006, before the bubble burst, Hispanics had taken out 40% of all subprime loans. Now these chickens are coming home to roost. The mortgage giants, internal memos show, warned that although the loans were popular with Hispanic borrowers, they had much higher delinquency rates of 8% to 13%.

The loans were aggressively pushed by a Hispanic lobbying group advised by Cisneros, who originally set the minority lending quotas at Fannie and Freddie. Even as foreclosures mounted, the Washington-based National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals, known as NAHREP, lobbied lenders, as well as Freddie and Fannie, to ease down-payment and credit standards for immigrants.

“NAHREP maintains that California, Texas and other states with large numbers of immigrants could see a dramatic jump in homeownership if a greater number of major lenders adopted alternative credit-scoring systems,” the group said in a 2007 report that included a foreword written by Cisneros, urging the closing of the homeownership gap between Latinos and whites.

Giving new meaning to chutzpah, NAHREP and the caucus now blame subprime lenders for the flood of Hispanic foreclosures, claiming Hispanics fell prey to their “predatory lending practices.”

Not so fast. According to a recent Federal Reserve report, the problem centers on bad credit. Hispanics and African-Americans, on average, “have lower credit scores than non-Hispanic whites and Asians,” it found. They also have higher default rates on mortgages — and not just higher-cost subprime mortgages, but all types of loans, the Fed noted.

Hispanics defaulted for the simple reason that they were less likely to qualify to own a home in the first place. Least-qualified were illegal immigrants, but that didn’t faze NAHREP and the Hispanic caucus on Capitol Hill. They actually encouraged lending to aliens.

No Social Security? No problem. NAHREP pushed the use of ITINs — individual tax information numbers — along with the Mexican-issued Matricula Consular cards in lieu of Social Security numbers.

By law, banks don’t have to check immigration status, and after heavy lobbying by Hispanic housing advocates, they made loans to illegals — lots of them. By some estimates, millions of undocumented workers became undocumented borrowers almost overnight.

Until recently, ITIN mortgages couldn’t be sold on the secondary market, as Fannie and Freddie wouldn’t touch them as a matter of policy. So with the support of NAHREP and the Hispanic caucus, “Hannie Mae” was created — the Hispanic National Mortgage Association, based in San Diego. And it began buying ITIN mortgages from lenders, helping them spread the risk.

Now Hannie Mae itself risks defaulting on more than $200 million in loans it has acquired. These politically correct casas were built on sinking sand, and now we’re all having to foot the bill.

Suppose the value of all that we will produce in 2009, our gross domestic product, totals $14 trillion.

There cannot be any disagreement that if Congress spends $4 trillion, of necessity only $10 trillion is left over for us to spend privately.

In other words, if Congress is going to spend $4 trillion, it must find a way to get us to spend $4 trillion less.

The most open and aboveboard method to force us to spend less privately is to tax us to the tune of $4 trillion.

You might say: “Congress doesn’t have to tax us $4 trillion. They could tax us $3 trillion and run a $1 trillion budget deficit.”

You have that wrong. No way can Congress spend $4 trillion out of our 2009 $14 trillion GDP by getting us to spend only $3 trillion less privately. It has to be $4 trillion less.

Another method to force us to spend less privately is to print money and inflate the currency.

Rising prices reduce our ability to spend privately since each dollar we hold will not buy as much.

Another way is for Congress to borrow, thereby reducing our ability to spend privately.

Invisible Victims

By the way, all of this means that in any real economic sense the federal budget is always balanced.

That is, if Congress spends $4 trillion, we must privately spend $4 trillion less whether it is accomplished through taxation, inflation or borrowing.

The stimulus package being discussed is politically smart but economically stupid. It’s that bedeviling, omnipresent Santa Claus and Tooth Fairy problem again.

Let’s say Congress taxes you $500 to put toward creating construction jobs building our infrastructure.

The beneficiaries will be quite visible, namely men employed building a road.

The victims of Congress are invisible and are revealed only by asking what you would have done with the $500 if it were not taxed away from you.

Whatever you would have spent it on would have contributed to someone’s employment.

That person is invisible. Politicians love it when the victims of their policies are invisible and the beneficiaries visible.

At Taxpayers’ Expense

Why? Because the beneficiaries know who to vote for, and the victims do not know who is to blame for their plight.

In stimulus package language, if Congress taxes to hand out money, one person is stimulated at the expense of another, who pays the tax, who is unstimulated.

A visual representation of the stimulus package is: Imagine you see a person at work taking buckets of water from the deep end of a swimming pool and dumping them into the shallow end in an attempt to make it deeper. You would deem him stupid.

That scenario is equivalent to what Congress and the new president propose for the economy.

A far more important measure that Congress can take toward a healthy economy is to ensure that the 2003 tax cuts don’t expire in 2010 as scheduled.

If not, 15 separate taxes are scheduled to rise in 2010, costing Americans $200 billion a year in increased taxes.

In the face of a recession, we don’t need that.

29. 29 Jeff Nicklus Jan 30th, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Here we go again …….

Over & Out,

30. 30 JT Jan 30th, 2009 at 7:13 pm

No, Logan, No!

31. 31 harry Jan 30th, 2009 at 8:48 pm

So much for discussing who’s gonna win the superbowl this year, shit…

32. 32 Conrad Jan 30th, 2009 at 9:49 pm

Shame on you Logan! LOL.

So how about those Cardinals? Im still putting my money on the Under Dogs. Maybe JUST MAYBE Warner can pull through this with a W on the record book.

33. 33 harry Jan 30th, 2009 at 10:54 pm

Conrad, you seem to have a lot of faith in the Cardinals; hope your betting on it, could be a good payday for you if your predictions come true. Hell, I’d probably drop $50-100 on the Cardinals if Vegas wasn’t so far away from Germany…

34. 34 Conrad Jan 30th, 2009 at 11:16 pm

I am sure they have PayPal betting :). Id look in to that if I were you.

I really do think its time for the Cards to pull through. They have a very strong team and coaching staff that is ready to have that ring. I am hoping the Steelers do not get their 6th Ring. I cannot stand that team and I think they want to be the Yankees of their sport. I HATE the Yankees. The only two reasons they are good is their budget allows for it and their pinstripes distract the other teams.

35. 35 Nicker Jan 30th, 2009 at 11:31 pm

RE: Clif-L….
    “…among the very few still listening to Rush Limbaugh …”

Say what…..???
    Exactly how do a “very few” listeners top the rating charts….?
    Get a grip.

RE: Pat
    “..Jeff. Stop your Democrats bashing…”

Why do you see this as “Democrat” bashing.
    Did it ever occur to you that it’s “Socialists” bashing.

RE: Clif…….
    “…Wake up, America & the world have changed…”

And to what, exactly do you attribute that “Change”….???
    (can hardly wait to hear this answer)

RE: Biker-F….
    “… I hope that the president and his staff do not have motives that are counter to American values and interests….”

You “hope”….???
    Have you tried writing letters to your representatives…???

And for Jenny C….
    Le-me simply point out that the Uniform Code is available for everyone to read.

36. 36 Conrad Jan 31st, 2009 at 3:15 am

You are back? Where have you been? lol

I was discussing with someone earlier how I have been missing out on Gars responces and yours as well.

37. 37 Conrad Feb 1st, 2009 at 11:35 pm

Damn Steelers. I really thought the Cards would win, but hey it was a close game!

38. 38 Nicker Feb 2nd, 2009 at 12:15 am

“… where…?”

Well, for one…… dealing with a Pan Head intake manifold that some Beer Moron used a Chisel & Hammer on…… 🙁

39. 39 Jeff Nicklus Feb 2nd, 2009 at 11:32 am

…. “Beer Moron” ….. that is some funny shit …… thanks! … you have made my Monday morning!

Over & Out,

40. 40 Cade Feb 2nd, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Piss on Rooney and his Obama Nation

41. 41 No Skool Feb 3rd, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Bush screwed up in Texas before he turned the country over to Presdient Cheney. One was oil and the other defense contractors. Clinton was a good Prez but needed a little more sex than say someone like Lush Bimbaugh (or whatever that idiot’s name is). Nancy Pelosi has crazy eyes, and it seems none of them guys pay taxes like the rest of us. But that stuff some of you seem to just be repeating from all thaat TV you watch isn’t what really bothers me.

What worries me is you idiots who wear those stupid Republican and Democrat cheap leathers for all to see. I voted for Obama because he was the most intelligent choice (in my opinion). Was he the best? Who cares. He was the only choice I had. Do YOU have a plan? Are you willing to do something about it? Then stop whining and go to it. The fact is, you can’t. You won;t. And therefore you have no room to talk.

There are movers and shakers in the world. There are also people who start shaking when it’s time to get moving. I suggest you first have your children spad or neutered so we do make all the problems worse. Don’t spend more than you can afford to pay back. If you do, know we will just make you accountable. Promote laws that insist on a written contract from candidates. Make them take a hard test (in English) to demonstrate their abilities. Watch their ass closely, and if they do anything to hurt the will of the people, hang em high. Now that would be TV worth watching.

42. 42 Nicker Feb 4th, 2009 at 1:16 am

“… Clinton was a good Prez …”

Dude, what part of Clinton’s record tax increase proposal didn’t you understand…???
    You can thank Newt and the congressional Republicans for jamming that proposal back up
    BillJeff’s ass.

Your “good Prez” was a credibly accused rapist and serial sex offender.
    But those who were to afraid to air that laundry in public helped squash it.

In the same way, BO’s birth question was squashed.
    Those in power don’t want to make waves.
    This was a VERY SIMPLE proposition.
    Read the USC yourself.
    Then ask why BO never published his documentation.
    Clear documentation would have put an end this issue right away….

43. 43 Carmen Feb 4th, 2009 at 12:18 pm

Thats about the size of it right? Sad state of affairs when we can “lend” money to crooked enterprises, and the average, everyday folk suffer and get none….

44. 44 Sam Feb 6th, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Remember the fallout when the corporate executives came to Washington asking for money? Rather than saving money by flying commercial, they traveled in their corporate jets and asked Congress for a “helping hand.” The move did not sit well with the public, and congressmen took the opportunity to blast the executives for “corporate excess.”

Hypocrisy runs amok in Washington… we all know that. But the Democrats have now taken it to a new level. While they send down fire and brimstone against “evil” corporate executives for living the good life, they will soak the American taxpayers for a luxury retreat in Virginia that they are attending this weekend.

As the Associated Press notes in a story on GOPUSA, “Members of Congress were quick to shame corporate executives for over-the-top extravagance during the economic crisis, flying private jets and taking luxury junkets. But some lawmakers are strolling fancy resorts spending tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars.”

This weekend, Democrat House members are meeting at the Kingsmill Resort and Spa in Williamsburg, VA.

Having stayed at the Kingsmill resort last summer (at my own expense), I can say that the setting and amenities are definitely top notch. However, it’s one thing for an individual or family to pay their own way, and it’s quite another for the taxpayers to pick up the tab!

“Democrats spend taxpayer money on their retreat but do not permit lobbyists to accompany them. The public pays for a charter train from Washington to Williamsburg for many of the 200 members who attend, as well as conference rooms, security and catering.”

Note that last month the Republicans attended a similar retreat, but NO taxpayer money was used.

“Lawmakers pay for their own transportation and room costs, roughly $190 per night, including food, according to one Republican who attended but spoke on condition of anonymity because details of the trip were not made public.

Meredith McGehee, policy director at the Campaign Legal Center, notes in a story running in The Hill that “when the economy is suffering and people are losing their jobs, members must be mindful to scale back and not use taxpayer dollars for luxury items.”

“I actually think there is utility in meeting together once a year to concentrate on getting everyone to row their oars in the same direction,” she said. “But how much money is spent this year and the scope of it and how many frills there are is important. It sends a message on how seriously members are taking the economic problems when people are being laid off left and right.”

So, here we are. President Obama and the Democrats want to “stimulate” the economy by a massive spending bill closing on in $1 trillion, and, oh by the way, let’s charge the taxpayers for our retreat as well. I’d say that makes no sense, but I’m talking about the Democrats.

President Obama’s economic recovery package will actually hurt the economy more in the long run than if he were to do nothing, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday.

CBO, the official scorekeepers for legislation, said the House and Senate bills will help in the short term but result in so much government debt that within a few years they would crowd out private investment, actually leading to a lower Gross Domestic Product over the next 10 years than if the government had done nothing.

CBO estimates that by 2019 the Senate legislation would reduce GDP by 0.1 percent to 0.3 percent on net. [The House bill] would have similar long-run effects, CBO said in a letter to Sen. Judd Gregg, New Hampshire Republican, who was tapped by Mr. Obama on Tuesday to be Commerce Secretary.

The House last week passed a bill totaling about $820 billion while the Senate is working on a proposal reaching about $900 billion in spending increases and tax cuts.

But Republicans and some moderate Democrats have balked at the size of the bill and at some of the spending items included in it, arguing they won’t produce immediate jobs, which is the stated goal of the bill.

The budget office had previously estimated service the debt due to the new spending could add hundreds of millions of dollars to the cost of the bill — forcing the crowd-out.

CBOs basic assumption is that, in the long run, each dollar of additional debt crowds out about a third of a dollars worth of private domestic capital, CBO said in its letter.

CBO said there is no crowding out in the short term, so the plan would succeed in boosting growth in 2009 and 2010.

The agency projected the Senate bill would produce between 1.4 percent and 4.1 percent higher growth in 2009 than if there was no action. For 2010, the plan would boost growth by 1.2 percent to 3.6 percent.

CBO did project the bill would create jobs, though by 2011 the effects would be minuscule.

45. 45 Nicker Feb 6th, 2009 at 6:21 pm

Yep, Ironic isn’t it…….

“…This weekend, Democrat House members are meeting at the Kingsmill Resort and Spa in Williamsburg, VA….”

How may of your employees do you-all send to “Retreats” in order to get them to do their jobs…….????

Must be one of those modern HR strategies. The type designed for the “New American Employee.”

A taste of things to come….???

46. 46 No Skool Feb 8th, 2009 at 1:48 am

You mean there is a station called “GOPUSA”? Ha. See what TV is doing to ya? Noted several keywords to Knicker’s post…”proposal”…”accused”…”birth question”. Hmmm. Also noted lines that read just like they were delivered whether from AP or ET. Are we not thinking for ourselves? Are we reciting? Several points are excellant ones. Such as there isn’t a dime’s diffrence between either party (emphasis on the DIME). I think that was a Kenedy quote. I am not a Democrat (or Republican). But I couldn;t vote for anyone named Newt (sounds like a lizard), or Daschel (sounds retrosexual). Obviously I have a different criteria than most.

What I want you to do is what my 3rd grade teacher wanted…you got an issue? Bring me a solution. I would add to that, make it YOUR deal and not something someone told you on proganda TV. TV dummies us down.

Case in point, was having my safety sticker renewed and saw a glimpse of some political show. In the background was a huge road sign that said “Socialism” and further down was one that said “Communism”. Examples like that link two entirely different concepts into an unaware’s person’s mind. They ain;t the same thing. Our current education system is Socialistic based. What if it were left to only private enterprise? Think it is flawed now… How about the price of a barrel of oil yet every spring, here we go again. Supply and demand? Yeah right. But some want to discuss birth certificates and allogaions instead of facing the real deal.

Met a man when I was a young boy who was from (I think) Hungary. Way back then the government produced a low maintenance vehicle that could only be owned by students. It was way below the average cost of autos and ran cheaply in order to give students direct help. A bit of socialism…yes. An incentive to the gluttoneous (sp) automakers. Yep.

My point is we have to get real, start thinking for oursleves, and bring some solutions to the table. So far I just hear talking heads that sound like that TV I try to avoid. You got the answer? Make it happen. Otherwise, best to turn the TV off and be blistfully and ignorantly happy.

I voted for Clinton because he played saxophone and no other reason. I was a tad more serious when I voted for OBama. Sorry, I ain;t worried about any birth certificate issue. If you’re here and breathing; that’s proof enuff for me. But I promise to vote for you when you put something worthwhile together. Like maybe a motorcycle?

Some drink from the fountain of knowledge with great thirst. Others just gargle and spit it out.

47. 47 Nicker Feb 8th, 2009 at 3:51 pm

“…Are we not thinking for ourselves?…”

“… I voted for Clinton because he played saxophone and no other reason. I was a tad more serious when I voted for OBama. Sorry, I ain;t worried about any birth certificate issue….”

“…If you’re here and breathing; that’s proof enuff for me…”

Dude, if that’s the direct result of “your thinking,” you need do less “drinking from fountains” and more “reading from books.”.

48. 48 Conrad Feb 8th, 2009 at 8:16 pm

No Skool,

NO youre not KOOL….You know I am 21 and I love music a lot, as I do bikes, cars, women, and guns. BUT I noticed a few things from you, you quote songs is every single thing you have wrote on here. Such “quotes” are from bands such as Flobots, Citizen Cope, Bob Marley, and several others. I dont know if you are doing this on purpose or not but it is slightly ironic how this plays out with your views on our Presidents. Hell I dont know Im Republican, I went with the Elephant ( a much smarter, cunning creature unlike the Donkey, AKA Jackass which is known for lack of intelligence and over all stupidity. Yes you keep your heads down we keep out heads up, our memory high and fly and our feet planted firmly on the ground not in the words of a CD or the shadow of a horse).

Here is a song for you, try this one; “Freedom came my way one day” (not with Obama)

or even better; “Open your eyes and look within”

49. 49 Conrad Feb 8th, 2009 at 8:22 pm

I vote for WET TV.. I mean if No Skool wants to talk about TV stations lets have White entertainment Television Mr. Obama and also, fuck it while we are here, lets have MET tv (Mexican entertainment Television) Caucassion College Fund, Miss White America, oh and yea I almost forgot, Fresh Prince of White America. But idk Im not racist but im tired of all White Republicans being called Racist. If you didnt vote for McCain, fuck it youre racist too.

From my full of wisdom mouth 🙂

50. 50 No Skool Feb 10th, 2009 at 7:09 pm

I don;t watch anything but PBS and only once in a while. The BBC broadcast portion gives a better take on things since it is somewhat removed from the US news circuit.

21 yrs old, huh? Well when you get to three times that age…and have seen three of these economic fiascos and see who/why it was caused, you can tell me something. After you see the “trend” (unless a new kinda thinker comes along), you also develop a certain hunor about things after a while and can vote for one idiot over another just for something as stupid as a saxophone.

I saw a President get his head blown off in real time. I was in a Civic’s class at that time. You saw clips. My close friend had his left arm blown off in the last Irag (Nam) and 6 months after coming home, his VA benfits were cut. He is a drunk and homeless. Two other close friends didn;t come back. So really, if you could just keep from talking to me until you you stop pooping mustard, we’ll get along.

But I will however take your advice and read something. But I’m kinda tired from maching parts all day.

Conrad, I think you have been the most honest in your last statements. Good luck on finding that all-white world. McCain remainded me of my father’s personality. I loved him dearly but my Dad wouldn’t make a good president. I wold’ve voted for Palin but wanted to see her in a swim suit competition first before I made up my mind. Ha.