brass-balls-bobbers-model-1Since opening “Brass Balls Bobbers”, custom builder Dar Holdsworth has only one mantra “Building The Above Average Bike For The Average Joe”. The state of the economy being what it is, Dar just added to his philosophy “…For Much Below The Price Joe Could Ever Expect To Pay Today”.  And to prove it, he tells me that on Saturday morning at the Cincinnati V-Twin Expo (Dealers go to the “New Product Showcase” display) he is going to unveil an all-new designed high quality bike called “Brass Balls Bobber Model 1” for an amazing retail price of $15,995 with features rivaling $20,000 and beyond other mass-produced custom motorcycles.

Yes, in good businessman, Dar Holdsworth is shrinking his margins to the strict minimum to make his custom bikes accessible to the largest number of bikers and at the same time give to Dealers a model driving sales without them to invest much. Although you will have to wait till’ Saturday morning to see “Model 1” in exclusivity in my Blog, as a teaser I give you a partial list of the parts that Dar is using: Tranny: 6 speed. Exhaust: Black ceramic coat D&D performance. Primary: Tauer Machine Warlord belt drive. Brakes: Wilwood performance 4 piston front and rear. Hand controls: Excel Components machined billet. Tires: Metzler ME 880’s (front 21″ x 90mm & rear 18″ x 140mm). Wheels: 40 spoke hrome/brushed. Frame: BBB Digger frame 36 degrees, 0″ up, 0″ out. Front end: black springer, 2 under Gas tank: flat side sporty, frisco mount. ear fender: 14 gauge round contoured Finish: wrinkle black tins with signature antique brass badge on oil tank; satin black frame. See it Saturday in Cincinnati or here at 10 am EST. Brass Balls Bobbers.

15 Responses to “New $15,995 Brass Ball Bobber To Be Unveiled At V-Twin Expo And Here In My Blog.”

1. 1 raycwheeler Feb 5th, 2009 at 1:14 pm

Dar ,

Holding my breathe until Saturday in Cincy .

2. 2 Nitrous Phil Feb 5th, 2009 at 1:49 pm

Dar much success to you. I know this will be a quality build at a bargain of a price.
    way to stay ahead in this economy

3. 3 Bobfather Feb 5th, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Didn’t see what motor this model comes with. Interesting.

4. 4 harry Feb 5th, 2009 at 4:18 pm

Bobfather: I checked the one of the links above; and found that it has a brand new 80″ H-D Evo, but it states that the tranny is a 5-speed Ultima, not a 6-speed. You aren’t gonna set any land speed records w/ a 80″ Evo/lol, but if taken care of, I am sure that the engine will be reliable and last for years w/ no worries.

5. 5 dark tan superman Feb 5th, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Big deal……………

There are many nice builds out there in the 16K and under price tag……..and with better components as well.

This is starting to sound like a broken record.

6. 6 rah Feb 6th, 2009 at 3:58 am

looks like another sucker punch sally. there bikes where great for the price but if you look at there website you’d think they where selling screaming eagles

7. 7 rodent Feb 6th, 2009 at 8:56 am

Will Warren Buffetts Harley Credit fianance it?

8. 8 KeithG Feb 6th, 2009 at 10:31 am

This is exactly what killed the Off-road market, under cut all the other shops. I will bet you at the end of the day his profit margin is close if not below break even.

9. 9 Believer 45 Feb 6th, 2009 at 9:56 pm

Act of desperation………

I guess business must be in the pits considering that they are having to drop their pants and take it up ass for a 16K and under bike……..

10. 10 harry Feb 7th, 2009 at 2:38 am

I’m sure that he isn’ t having to “take it up the ass” to sell a bike at that price. As with any business, they do what they can to stay in the black and offer a decent product if they are a bike builder w/ any kind of integrity whatsoever. Nowadays, w/ the internet, people know who is worth a damn or not.
    I haven’t heard anything negative about Brass Ball Bobber’s to warrant a derrogatory opinion othewise. If they sell, and they are well-built bikes, then more power to him, especially nowadays, cause a shit reputation can put you in the grave, regardless of what bullshit a crooked bike builder will spew out to some ignorant fools so theyy can make a few bucks. The smart ones will know better, that is just my opinon, for what it is worth…

11. 11 Conrad Feb 8th, 2009 at 7:39 pm

One way to help put other bike companies out of business, screw them in the ass with prices that we cant even dream of building a bike at Sorry but large companies who hold insurance policies can not afford to make only 500 or 1000$ on a motorcycle. It is not worth it nor could it happen. Brass Balls, say you have someone killed due to a motorcycle. defect, What do you do? Close your doors and say fuck it? ( you are probably an LLC)..What does that do for the rest of the companies that have been here doing the ethical business options everyday? It up right fucks us and gives us a bad name and drags our industry down even more.

I understanding doing what you can to stay alive, but this is getting rediculous with all these “NEW” companies here to make a quick buck.

12. 12 Howard Feb 9th, 2009 at 10:02 am

When Henry Ford came out with his model “T” , which was a car at a motorcycle price tag , many people in the industry had the same negative comments. Many old line manufacturers refused to even talk to him. His philosopy was the same ” a quality product that the working man can afford “. I know Dar, and he does not cut safety corners , but will eat peanut butter for lunch to save money. His parts list is all first quality AMERICAN manufacturers ( more than Harley) , everyone can be reach by phone personally if there is a problem. His frames are all drag race quality , hand made in the USA, by people who really know what they are doing. As the fear mongers in this blog find out the story , all I have to say to them; that the posers and junk merchants should stand up and notice-there is a new standard being set, meet it or be gone.

13. 13 Conrad Feb 9th, 2009 at 11:20 am

It sounds to me like you have a vested interest in this company and are pumping them to prove it. This isn’t the Heenry Ford of bike building at all, thatday is way over. Bikes have been here since before cars buddy.

14. 14 Howard Feb 9th, 2009 at 4:07 pm

You got that right. With Companies stuffing their pockets with Gov. cash ( read: yours and my monies ) I am glad when something is made in America by Americans.

15. 15 Eric Apr 11th, 2009 at 7:55 pm

I know that I am 2 months behind on this story. But, I have researched this bike and Brass Balls the best I can from Atlanta. Here is what I have to say. I sent email thier web asking for information on the bike and to my surprise Dar himself answered and has talked to my wife on the phone. I plan on buying one of these bikes. Here is a man that is running a shop and takes 20 minutes out of his day to talk to a woman that called to ask where the closet dealer to Atlanta, for her husband. He explained the bike the best he could to a woman that knows jack shit about a motorcycles. He and I have sent a couple of emails back and forth and I am calling him monday to discuss what I want extra on the bike. I will do my best to help Dar grow his company into the Southeast all I can. You just dont get many builders to take time to actually talk to someone who wants a bike. They just tell you where to go and buy one. I had concerns buying a bike site unseen but after what Dar has done to help me out. He’s getting my money.