Harley-Davidson Rocker Conversion By Heartland USA

I remember the day when I published the first authorized pictures of the new Harley FXCW Rocker. Immediate comments were “I adore” or “I hate it” (mostly because of the seat), with no reaction between these 2 extremes. Somebody commented that it was a good base for aftermarket improvement and customization. And here I show you an interpretation of the Rocker made by Heartland USA, a company specializing in easy after-market kits usually requiring little labor, no drilling, just bolting-on custom parts specifically conceived for your specific HD model (slogan is: the cure for the common Softail…).

I will just list here the main Heartland parts and a few others helping this Rocker get the custom look. From Heartland: Complete rear fender conversion ($1990), Front Fender ($299),), License plate & Holder ($219), Turn signals ($239), Axle covers ($89), Solo seat ($119) & taillight. From other sources.  West Coast Choppers Exhaust ($699). Renegade Wheels/rotors/pulley (Model Tahoe Elite). Todd Cycles (Foot pegs & grips), etc.  More information by calling on my behalf Lonny at: 310-822-2697 or for other conversion kits, visit Heartland USA

18 Responses to “Harley-Davidson Rocker Conversion By Heartland USA”

1. 1 Marcel Theriault Mar 16th, 2009 at 7:00 am

Very nice options. I’m liking the rocker more and more. The more options come out for them the more I like them. I’m a big fan of the grey coating and the nice wheels in this picture.

I have to admit, at first I wasn’t a big fan of the rocker but I always reserve judgement on new models and give them a chance to warm up to me as new components become available. This is one of those cases.

2. 2 JB Mar 16th, 2009 at 7:53 am

Now the Rocker looks good

3. 3 Boss Hawg Mar 16th, 2009 at 8:03 am

Although the Rocker is a nice looking bike, it has one major issue…it is not a true 2 up bike. Sort of like Big Bear Choppers. If you like riding solo that is fine, but most riders like to haul the girlfriend, wife or someone they met out for a ride…however, when the tire, wheel and fender all ride together it does not make for the best handling ride with a partner on the back.

Boss Hawg

4. 4 Boss Hawg Mar 16th, 2009 at 8:05 am

Marcel…Nice ride…It is good to Phil’s Nasty Boy Swingarm on a great looking bike.

Boss Hawg

5. 5 Bobfather Mar 16th, 2009 at 11:03 am

It is an improvement over the stock look of the Rocker but my question is what’s the total cost of this project? Add in the un-listed items like the wheels, paint and cost of the stock bike and I’m positive you’re close to or over the cost of having a bike built to your specs that will out perform the stock H-D in many ways.

6. 6 Mike Greenwald Mar 16th, 2009 at 11:35 am

Yoiu might want to watch Heartlands video and rephrase your question.

7. 7 Mike Greenwald Mar 16th, 2009 at 11:43 am

Sorry, the above post was for BossHawg

8. 8 Troy Mar 16th, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Why would anyone want to mess with the beautiful flowing lines of the Rocker? Don’t you all know that Willie G. Davidson just received an “Eyes on Design Award”?

Great job Heartland!

9. 9 Pitbull Mar 16th, 2009 at 4:02 pm

The rocker is crappy looking, Heartland makes it look like it should.

10. 10 Boss Hawg Mar 16th, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Mike…Thanks for the question, but I am referring to the Rocker in general and not Heartlands aftermarket kits with fenderstruts. May I say the Heartlands mods turn the Rocker into a Softail?

Boss Hawg

11. 11 Lonny Mar 16th, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Check out the E-Z Rock-R Conversion 2nd seat

12. 12 jatinder pal Mar 17th, 2009 at 5:22 am

Finally,some body had done something good to the ugly stock rocker.
    thanx heartland…

13. 13 rodent Mar 17th, 2009 at 6:48 am

an improvement

14. 14 J Mar 17th, 2009 at 9:49 am

Wow- finally got it right- Willie must be kicking himself…………..

15. 15 Mike Tomas Kiwi Indian m/c Co Mar 18th, 2009 at 12:10 am

Lonny, You Rock!!!!. Can’t wait till the next one shows up here m8

16. 16 dragon Mar 18th, 2009 at 5:41 am

hell just adding the seat would make stock rocker look 100% better

17. 17 tim Mar 21st, 2009 at 8:42 pm

does anyone have any pics of what the rocker looks like after conversion without changing the suspension. heartlands pics must have air suspension because there is no way you can ride the bike with the fender so close to the tire. the stationary fender from heartland must sit above by the tire by at least a couple of inches. one of the reasons the rocker looks so hot is because the fender hugs the rear tires so tight.

18. 18 ken Nov 17th, 2009 at 10:15 am

I have a rocker in repair, but can not pay the cost of new style for the rear end right now. If there is anybody that would like to get rid of there rear wheel , tire , brake disc, belt sprocket, ect. please e-mail or call me thanks to u all for any help.