Who Is Trying To Burn Down The Famous Boot Hill Saloon?

boothillsalooThe first fire at the Boot Hill North (not the one on Daytona Main Street but the one located on North U.S. Highway 1 in Ormond Beach, FL) destroyed half the bar last Thursday night. Crews of firefighters from Ormond Beach and Volusia County were dispatched to the motorcycle bar and put the fire out and ruled it arson. The bar is open only during special Daytona biker events . Recently the building was put for sale for $1.65 million. Last Saturday night for the second time in two days, the Boot Hill Saloon caught fire. Upon firefighters arrival 10-foot flames were visible coming from the bar’s roof. At 9pm the fire was extinguished and this time, a person left a gas can behind and remnants of an accelerant were found at the scene. An off duty Volusia County deputy saw someone leaving the property just before firefighters were called, then crossed U.S. 1 to leave in a white car parked across the street. Evidence was sent to the Arson Bureau Lab in Tallahassee.

21 Responses to “Who Is Trying To Burn Down The Famous Boot Hill Saloon?”

1. 1 L.T. Nov 17th, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Sounds like a case of Druish Lightning to me.

2. 2 Kirk Perry Nov 17th, 2009 at 4:26 pm

Alcohol Stinks. Kills people. Ruins livers.

Open up a legal Weed Collective on the site and have fun without getting killed in the process.

I’ll volunteer to be a “test patient” and let them put me into a 50 gallon drum full of a potent “Athena” or “grapefruit” strain, and a “Bic” lighter and clamp a lid on the drum.
    I’ll stay in there huffing fumes until I pass out.

If the federal government will let me test the effects of massive THC intake to test the effects, I will ask my North County Non-profit Collective to name a new potent hybrid of weed the “J. Edgar Hoover” of tight sticky Indica – low-smelling Indica, not smoky resin-balled stick-to-your body Sativa, (like a fart will on a cold day). How’s that sports fans?
    The MJ hybrids created today are much like wines. The type of weed you produce is totally dependent on the strain.

I wrote both Vol.1 & 2 ripped on weed everyday, for every word I wrote. Smoking weed for 45 yrs. and no health problems

MJ leads to heroin??? Bite me DEA and FBI. How about alcohol leads to heroin you nit wits?

Who ya’s teasing here……who ya teasing with that statement??

We’re headed for the federal government with this MJ health issue and plan on kicking some federal butt.

Where’s the health issues with MJ?? Anyone ever gotten cancer from weed? …..Hell no! 🙂

What about emphysema?? No….?? Then where’s the problem?

I command the federal government to begin health testing of MJ, for the protection of the millions of people that use it.

Get to work on it AMA or I’ll reach over there and smack you.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    I’m still working on my ’55-57 Pans and ’46Kuckle projects, but have been way-layed by a cottage remodel. I will produce a strong thread for Knuckle & Pan, if I don’t who will? Nobody that’s who.
    The ol’ M/C scene is taking a direct hit these days and it’s getting b-o-r-i-n-g :), but a Panhead is still a Panhead no matter what. It’s always carried me, trouble free, through good times and bad.

3. 3 MC Nov 17th, 2009 at 5:11 pm

It is the lightning capital of the USA.

4. 4 Kirk Perry Nov 17th, 2009 at 5:42 pm

It is the lightning capital of the USA.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Where might that be partner?
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    For my part, I plan on having some fun with the MJ issue and 1955-57 rigid Panheads in the near future. Big time on stock repop Panheads.
    Let me impart one thimg, no matter, how you feel about the MJ issue, 11or 14 states have medical i.d. programs. San Diego is a real charger on the MJ issue. The dispensaries are getting very hi-tech with no shake, Mason jars® full of tight buds. Your not paying for stems anymore. :). The fact is, that it feels like the 60’s (before cocaine, LSD, and heroin ruined the “brotherhood” of it all) when everybody used to hitch-hike out here all the time. You can walk up to anyone in the Hillcrest community and asked them where the new collective and they’ll show you. It’s cool. There is the same feeling of activism for MJ. People set up a card table in front of a supermarkets and collect petition signatures to legalize weed. There’s often a line of people waiting to sign up.

Thanks Cyril for posting this stuff. Knuckle & Panheads are my life, but I can multi-task and stay up with MJ progress too. Yeah….buddy ! 🙂

5. 5 Pitbull Nov 17th, 2009 at 5:50 pm

Kirk Perry your right on the money, did you know that there is no know cas of cancer caused by MJ?
    MJ will also get rid of lung tumors proven by a test in spain in 77 and again in France in 84, same results.
    If California would ever legalize it, we would be out of dept in no time, statistics show 8 billion annually, and thats just what they know about.
    It helps me sleep, it mellows my migraines, I’m a believer.

6. 6 Looper Nov 17th, 2009 at 6:51 pm

I believe somebody’s smokin’ something now.

7. 7 Kirk Perry Nov 17th, 2009 at 7:19 pm

I’m a hep-c patient 27 weeks into treatment. I toke about (8) min-hits in a small glass bong everyday. I no longer work or have any public responsibilities. I am state licenced in CA to use MJ. ( Here, all patients can have up to (6) plants or (8 oz) of buds 🙂 ! that’s like a ton of it!
    (1) oz. last me 3 months using the (8) tiny,skin-flit, thrifty, bong loads (using like the smallest glass stem bowl they make) and a glass “star-shaped screen”) at the bottom of the bowl. (Never use tinfoil balls as screens). All glass or nothing.
    I tried the modern V-2 Tower® from Canada. But you know what?….you still have to use a lot of MJ in the glass heater bowl. And then you’ve taken so many slow inhales of air, that you don’t realize that you have a creeping buzz. It would take some getting used to. I don;t have the time. The V-2® is the cleanest, most efficient vaporizer (“vape”) made tin the world. From Canada. Ships as an “Aroma Therapy” machine. Beautiful scientific glassware with ground-joint attachments. w/hooka hose. Still………it doesn’t do the “job” like smoking it does. Unless you were growing weed, then who cares??? Right? 🙂 Drop a hundred dollars worth on your shag carpet and just keep moving.
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    I will help revive Knuckle and Panhead, with a repop parts standard. I already one one and have a head start on ’55-57 OHV.
    Any m/c manufacturer of antique repop, that I ask for help, will help.
    A paper boy’s dream come true.
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Most importantly, imo, is that the non-MJ believers – not be frightened by the stories the federal gov. any others have circulated – that the MJ today is (10) times stronger than yesteryear. Bull flop amigo. 🙂
    Once you’ve huffed the strongest you can buy (imo, “Athena”) for about a week, you hit a “level-off” (it’s like you never catch up with the half-life of MJ) and so you have to use the low-buzz MJ for a while … and then go back to higher buzz “Athena”.
    The only thing a new user should understand, is that MJ affects everybody differently.
    If you are comfortable within your on soul, then you won’t have a problem with taking in a river of new-awareness in a short amount of time. You will look at people and their habits differently. If you have a lot of “old mental baggage” that you’re carrying around, then you can expect to experience a revelation of self-awareness – that can spin some people into an instant mid-life crisis, and then they sit on the couch and “come apart” in their head”. 🙂
    Old people, like 45+ year old’s have an easier mental adjustment, because as Terry Southern once wrote, “…the old brains have deep ridges that collect and store information, whereas “kids”, (21-44) brains are smooth like shoe leather – and information just slides right off.” – Red Dirt MJ (1968)

Everybody that’s anybody in Calif. smokes weed. It is not possible for Canada or Oregon or Texas to grow better weed. You need hot days and cold nights. Other states product may lIllegal outdoor, dirt, MJ grows will become extinct in Calif.by next year. The grows produce too much environmental damage for anyone to tolerate – and the drug-cartels that operate them are leaving chemicals and hot trash in the soil when they leave a grow area. Not good.

Hydroponics will eventually rule, once root rot is a thing of the past. The hybrids being created today are incredible. Lots of healing resins in all the different strains of weed.
    Let the Fed isolate all the cannabinol’s and find out whats-what with that demon-weed.
    We can handle the truth, so don’t sugar-coat it. 🙂

8. 8 Woody Nov 17th, 2009 at 11:11 pm

what the heck does this have to do with 2 fires at the bar?

9. 9 David Nov 17th, 2009 at 11:23 pm

Jesus I thought this blog was about a fire and a burning building??? What the HELL are we talking about Micheal Jackson for????
    Kirk How the hell did you get Hep-c from a dirty needle?
    Tell me this If you get stoned on MJ and decide you need some munchies from the store and you get in your car take off down the road and run a stop sign and hit another car or BIKE and kill the person or people in the other vechile HOW do you tell me MJ doesnt KILL!!
    I have No problem with anyone being recreational as long as they dont endanger other people!!!
    That includes the Legal stuff!!!
    It all remines the same dead is dead just ask Billy Lane!!!!!!

Over and Over ; David

10. 10 Kirk Perry Nov 18th, 2009 at 1:41 am

“HOW do you tell me MJ doesnt KILL!!”
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    I’m glad you asked. Thank you.
    I have never read in the newspaper, or TV news, or seen on the cover of “National Enquirer®” at the grocery check-out stand -anything ever -with the topic…… “Reefer crazed person drives through red light and kills somone(s). Or, an MJ user that drove off with his baby child, in the car seat, that he spaced-out and left on the car roof. Nope. Nothing on that. I saw once on the cover of Enquirer® “A dingo at you baby”. But nothing on an MJ only user going berserk. How about you? 🙂

However, I’ve heard and read actually, that alcohol has been involved in more than at least one traffic fatality nation wide. Probably, alcohol has killed people in traffic in Europe too.

No, I do not recommend or endorse tying a hooka to the center of your handlebar risers and driving down the road willy-nilly. That comes under the “irresponsible” category (a hooka would create a blind spot in your panoramic view). 🙂

I’m qualified to give an opinion on the state of medical MJ, in California today.

We all like early-OHV Big Twins. There’s a documented mechanical link between those specific years. Everything early-OHV is available in print. There’s a consensus of 1936-1960 reasoning that we all agree with. That’s a society. Everybody can turn to the same page about early-OHV. People can ask questions and get answers. That’s a market.

While being lucky enough to receive an injection of H1N1 vaccine (allotted to the VA by Calif. health services), I to sat next to a guy who has Hep-B. It turns out he’s from I.B. (sleepy surf town along the U.S. border) and has been asked by NORML to lecture at the state capitol on MJ legalization. He didn’t look like a stoner (that’s good). He had “cop-hair”. He’d traveled more places than me. I don’t meet many that have.

It’s rocking in California folks. Nobody’s getting hurt with weed. People aren’t ripping off other people’s legal plants. S. Diego is creating a medical MJ infrastructure.
    The DEA closed all the illegal profit making dispensaries in San Diego. Cool. The carpetbaggers were ruining it for everybody.

As goes the VA – so will go national health care – based on the VA model in place right now.

11. 11 jatinder pal Nov 18th, 2009 at 4:13 am

Weed ….what else to blame???

12. 12 Fausto of MotoXcycle.com Nov 18th, 2009 at 7:55 am

I’ve seen this happen before-every time a building tries to smoke pot they light themselves on fire-stupid building-try some hash brownies instead!

13. 13 Kirk Perry Nov 18th, 2009 at 11:48 am

On the current V-Twin Mfg. Inc.® status…..I received a cordial phone cal from NY reminding me that all 2010 dealer city licenses are due for indexing.
    There was something in the tone of that ladies voice modulation that said, “What recession? We haven’t skipped a beat on progress since 1969.
    Mark my words, V-Twin® is up to something.
    1. It’s too quiet over there.
    2. They still have both of those regional warehouses, when other M/C mfg.’s and suppliers are shuffling around their assets.
    3. Ted likes the old Harleys.
    4. The remarkable reproductions they created for the Knuckle lower valve spring covers, is their new standard. Yes, you may get caught up in a batch of poor quality waffle-grips from India……but then V-Twin® has a cultured “swap meet mentality”. They buy up auction lots of parts, brand names for 10K, and sell the worst of their inventory first. They’ll keep sending out those waffle-grips, and accepting them as returns, and re-send them out until the public absorbs them or dealers put them on a shelf in their shop to sell to yet another new-be.
    Whatever, it’s worked for V-Twin® since 1969.
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    The stock market is booming. 2009 will be the year to have been invested. We lost a third of our assets in the wipe-out and have already recovered most of it -and we’ve always been Low-risk & Growth invested. Hi-Yield stocks are probably doing better. It will trickle down to the re-hire job market in 2011, reports the conservative Calif. Apartment Owners Assoc.(who hate L.A. rent control and L.A. city inspections). AAOA always has the true forecast about Calif. property. I read what they predict and watch it unfold 6 months later. Great forecasters. Rarely wrong, and always publish free legal advice in their free-to-rental-owners monthly. I’m repeating what they said this month.
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    Recovering from a fire is devastating. Like a death in the family. I hope Boot Hill opens and an MJ collective or a juice and espresso bar that offers minor tune-ups – while you surf the internet. No alcohol, nickies or cigars allowed.
    No is the time to re-invent the biker image. Smoke a little weed and eat a ripe Bartlett pear. Twist the stem off and eat it from the top down. Everything. There’s no seeds. Just nectar fruit.

14. 14 choppertom Nov 18th, 2009 at 1:27 pm

WOW

15. 15 Grayhawk Nov 18th, 2009 at 1:38 pm

If I didn’t know better one might think one has entered a time warp reading an early Rolling Stone/High Times mag article back in the Days of Aquarius. Life must be buzzing along.

16. 16 Bigalyts Nov 18th, 2009 at 1:47 pm

Cyril I like the New Section of your Blog. The Understanding and effects of using MJ resposibly and with Diligence. I like the fact that Kirk Perry know’s His Shit about MJ.I would believe If I or You or anybody out there are contemplating using MJ should get in Contact with Mr Perry and His knowledge will certainally help us use MJ responsibly and Econimcally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. 17 Woody Nov 18th, 2009 at 10:25 pm

Dear Penthouse,
    I was reading this story about a tavern starting on fire twice…………………………….

18. 18 David Nov 18th, 2009 at 11:37 pm

If we could just get Kirk to quit smoking while he is typing I think we might be alright…..Wait a minute I thought I just remembered a old tune “Smoke on the Water” Come on Kirk you smoke and let the rest of us do the typing !!! At least we can keep a single thought in process,one at a time!!!
    This story line was about a building burning not burning pot!!!
    Over and Over; David

19. 19 David Nov 18th, 2009 at 11:58 pm

Hey Kirk I hope you watched Bill O’Reilly today as he had your idols on …….Cheech and Chong!!!!!
    Get a life and I notice you did not reply as to how you aquired your diease and therefore your need!!!

20. 20 Pitbull Nov 19th, 2009 at 11:21 am

You see David, that’s how dumb people really are on the subject, do your homework before commenting on a subject you obviously know nothing about. I hope that if you ever got sick you would at least try it to save your own life. Have you seen what it can do for children with Autism?
    Do your homework son. Out.

21. 21 David Nov 19th, 2009 at 4:20 pm

Pitbull and Kirk,
    I hope this stuff actually helps you. As you pointed out I dont know about any medical benefits just what heresay I have heard but it also seems to be a medical scam for people to smoke MJ. I do really care about how the govt may be willing to pay for someone else’s bad habits if they(govt.) stuff this health care crap down our throats!!! By the way that includes people on a twinkie habit (sugar) that are obese and they just dont care as long as they get what they want.Have you ever had one of those people that just dont give a crap open their car door into your car in a parking lot? They dont care for their things or anyone elses and that’s how they live their lives AT SOMEONE ELSES EXPENSE!!! What ever has happened to Self Responsibility and Morality
    I happened to be inflicted with Fibromyalgia and Reiters syndrome. I take meds for it but they dont really help. But such is the way things go!!!
    Over and Over; David