This Old Beer Can Bracelet For You

baaspldbeerbraceletAn original way to gift yourself or others some beer thanks ro these nand made “Beer Bangle” made completely of old beer cans. You’ve got 2 styles to choose from: The First Generation style is hand soldered around all sides & comes with 30″ ball chain so you can string it however you’d like to get the perfect fit. Lined with super soft, light tan suede. Choose from a 2″ (Large) or 1″ (small) height. Second Ggeneration style is a “cuff” style made by rivets (no soldering). Choose from a 2″ (Large) or 1″ (small) height. Lined with super soft, light tan suede. Squeeze tight to create a custom fit. Baas Metal Craft.

11 Responses to “This Old Beer Can Bracelet For You”

1. 1 Jim C Dec 17th, 2009 at 9:00 am

I am curious as to whether Baas is making these or is he having the kids make them for him? I have never understood how he has a business on the side while supposedly teaching all the while having the kids doing the work. Maybe I have misunderstood the situation but……

2. 2 Kirk Perry Dec 17th, 2009 at 10:32 am

There’s a upwelling change in the USA over alcohol. People are sick and tired of waking up sick and tired.
    The N.A. (non-alcoholic) drinking trend (at present) is being controlled by Heineken® and their own Buckler N.A.
    St. Pauli Girl® N.A. is running neck and neck with Buckler N.A.
    As far as beer taste. Both beers have it. A dark N.A. with full malt flavor. Try one or slam down a 6-pk in an hour, then get in your car and drive home. Wake up the next morning and feel nothing from the night before.
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    And then you have the USA N.A. beer sold in all restaurants (almost exclusively)… O’Dhoul’s®…..O’ freakin’ Dhoul’s….what a bottle of dishwater. 🙂

Where’s Samuel Adams® N.A in the whole mix? There is no Sam Adams N.A.

Where’s any brewer in the USA that can stomp St. Pauli/Heineken butt in a taste test?

And let me warn you, Pauli or Buckler has the same effect on your jaw-hinges that alky-beer does. EVERY sip of Pauii or Buckler will tighten your hinge nuts to 15 foot lbs.
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    There should be public (county fair) taste judging, or drink-outs, where people guzzle N.A. until the first person vomits, then all the contestants can immediately pile into their vehicles or motorbikes and drive home. Safely. 🙂

3. 3 Lyle Dec 17th, 2009 at 11:43 am

I know Kevin and he is an upstanding guy. He has a regular job teaching Industrial Arts, and a side job making parts. I don’t see the conflict. In fact, it’s what he should be doing. A person from an actual industry (he makes more than bracelets) teaching kids industry. No different than an Artist teaching Art or Music or whatever. I think you misunderstand the situation. And, having two jobs is becoming the American way. Or at least for people who have ambition.

4. 4 Darin Maltsberger-Instructor@MTI Dec 18th, 2009 at 9:45 am

Kevin is one truly gifted individual. His creativity is phenomenal.He is a great teacher and his passion for fabrication and bikes is what he is trying to pass on to those students. If people haven’t met him, visited his Industrial Arts program at KHS, or even taken the time visit his website, they are missing out. I was able to take my students by KHS last year on our way to the Donnie Smith Show and let them see the projects that Kevins’ students were working on. They turn out some awesome projects! Keep up the good work Kevin.

5. 5 just my opinion Dec 18th, 2009 at 11:55 am

I hope they got written permission to use those companies trademarks. Other wise this could turn into a money losing effort. You cannot legally take someones trademark whether it is from an old beer can or not and use it to make profits. That is called trademark infringment and carries a very steep penalty I believe something like 120 or 150 thousand dollar fines.They might want to look into this before it ends up costing them tons of money. I don’t believe this is a case of intentional infringment. More likely just a case of not knowing that you can’t use other peoples logos and company names to make money. If you don’t believe me try putting Harleys name on a braclet and sell it here. You would be served with a law suit before the day ended. And HD would send Cyril a harsh letter explaining the laws of Trademark infringment as well. As I said before I hope they did this right and got written permission to use those trademarks.

6. 6 Kodak Dec 18th, 2009 at 12:47 pm

I’m really surprised that Kevin was able to find any old beer cans. I thought Harley used them all as the front fender skirts on their touring bikes.

Kodak

7. 7 Lyle Dec 18th, 2009 at 2:58 pm

I don’t see any trademark infringement if he’s using used and discarded beer cans. I doubt he’s actually printing the logos on new material.

8. 8 just my opinion Dec 18th, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Lyle
    Dec 18th, 2009 at 2:58 pm

A lot of people don’t understand Patent, copy write or Trademark laws but unfortunately for them that will not save them if it goes to court. I have only mentioned this because if this guy has done this without a lincing deal he should understand what could happen. This could save him some major headaches.

It would not matter if he printed logo’s or used the old beer cans because the bottom line is that the only reason anyone would buy these is the logo. And you cannot use a trademarked logo to gain profit without the license of whoever owns the trademark. The logo is what he is selling. Without the logo all he has is a cheap bracelet that nobody would buy. If he does not have a licensing deal from the company that owns the trademark, It is classic trademark infringment. If it were my trademark he would have already been served. The company that owns these trademarks could actually have all his product that has their logos on ceased as knockoff or counterfit goods. Believe me this is not a situation that this guy want to be in. If he has not gotten a licensing deal and maybe he has. I don’t know. I just have seen people do simular things not knowing that it is wrong under the laws of this country. As I said he may have license and if he does good for him great idea but if hedoes not he better stop before it is to late.

9. 9 jatinderpal Dec 19th, 2009 at 1:37 am

Man…this guy is artist…truely amazing work.

10. 10 Lyle Dec 19th, 2009 at 6:51 pm

He’d get a cease and desist letter first but I doubt he will. I see beer can made stuff all the time from hats, to airplanes, etc. I could bee Budweiser coming down on him but not Papst.

11. 11 Kevin "TEACH" Baas Jan 30th, 2011 at 9:12 pm

WOW I just came across this..Well Jim C you sure have the wrong impression. First these are made by my WIFE who has her own business..this stuff would NEVER be made through my school, and all my side business is done at my home shop with MY OWN EQUIPMENT. No students are ever used to make anything I sell from my business. I find it funny how time after time there is always someone who cant see all the great things and benefits of what iI am doing at the school and are just looking to trash talk and spread false rumors. You need to do something productive in your life to get out of your bitter self.