Liquid Illusions Motorcycle Art

liquidillusions1liquidillusions2liquidillusions3liquidillusions4Long time I didn’t introduce you to a new painter. Darren Williams originally from Boston moved to St Louis in 1990 where he started his career as an illustrator and a part time painter at his stepfather’s body shop. He started Liquid Illusions in 1999 and during these last 2 years has painted a lot of bikes for the custom builders of the “Limpnickie Collective” to which he belongs. It means that you can check out his work during Daytona Bike Week at the Stone Edge Park on Ridgewood Avenue, South Daytona. Liquid Illusions Art.

10 Responses to “Liquid Illusions Motorcycle Art”

1. 1 maroco Feb 15th, 2010 at 8:34 am

Very good looking gas tanks, very original paints!

2. 2 sidewinder Feb 15th, 2010 at 9:31 am

Being a St. Louis area guy, I’ve seen his work around alot. He’s also featured in Full Throttle Magazine too doing a tech corner for painting. Incredible stuff. Pics don’t do it justice.

3. 3 Black Sunshine Customs Feb 15th, 2010 at 9:32 am

Darren is one of the best in the bizz. He has mad airbrush skills and pays attention to detail. Theres nothing Darren cant paint.
    B

4. 4 bobx Feb 15th, 2010 at 10:32 am

ghetto blaster! thats cool.

5. 5 Jason Feb 15th, 2010 at 11:31 am

I have been using Darren exclusively for the last four years…he is the best in the nation period! He has painted a dozen or so bikes for me and he stands behind his work like no one else I have ever used. Fucking amazing quality art and his paint jobs hold up strong as death!

6. 6 Brian D Feb 15th, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I have used D for no less than 7 years. Good work. Cool guy all around.

7. 7 Chris Callen Feb 15th, 2010 at 3:32 pm

Dime Bag Rules. So cool of you to post his work Cyril!!!! He’s a good shit!

8. 8 Roadside Marty Feb 15th, 2010 at 6:19 pm

I’m fortunate enough to not just call Darren my brother and my friend but also the artist who painted my tank for my Shovel which was feautured in Cycle Source..by far one of the coolest and talented painters out there today!!! Keep knockin em dead kid!!! Roadside

9. 9 Scott Takes Nov 10th, 2010 at 1:59 pm

Being a custom painter myself, I can assure you that Darren works his tail off to please his clients. He not only does great work, but he has respect for the industry as a whole.
    Much Respect…
    Scott

10. 10 mike marco Jun 15th, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I have an 06 ultima chopper with a 121 that i recently bought. The paint on the bike needs to be redone. It was an excellent job originally. Orange with grey ghost flames and an orange frame, but the bike is getting old and needs to be redone. The only way i know that you might have done it is liquid illusions is on the rear fender under the seat. I’m in st louis mo and i would like to know if your interested in touching up or repainting the entire bike? If so, how do i go about it? The quality of the artwork again is masterfully done and i would like to stay with the same theme.

Mike