Weld-On Solo Seat Spring Mounts

These ready to weld mounts  mild steel supports make mounting your solo seat a breeze. Lowbrow Customs is offering them already coped for a perfect fit on 1″ frame tubing, with the shaft already cross-drilled for the supplied spring cotter pin. A set of leather base washers are included to keep your springs from squeaking. $26 per set. Lowbrow Customs.

12 Responses to “Weld-On Solo Seat Spring Mounts”

1. 1 THUG Apr 14th, 2010 at 7:56 am

those look like fab kevin’s stuff!

2. 2 BadMonkeyMW Apr 14th, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Those were a great idea when Fab Kevin came up with them the first time. Ripping off his design however, requires no skill or intelligence.

3. 3 grayhawk Apr 14th, 2010 at 8:01 pm

Would not want to get into the discussion as to who first came up with a saddled out mount but would question if a cotterpin would hold up to a rider and springs actioning against a pin for hold point, threaded shaft might be something to consider?

4. 4 busfreak Apr 15th, 2010 at 6:02 am

I just know that the lowbrow boys are A1. They sure make working on my triumph easier.

5. 5 broadwaylee Apr 15th, 2010 at 6:30 am

hmmmmmmmmmmm great design but it seems so familiar like i seen it before
    wait i got it !!!!!!!!!!!
    we been selling them for years from the inventor and straightest man in the industry fab kevin
    if your gonna copy a great ideal and everyone seems to these days at least give credit where credits due no?
    fabricator kevin aka fab kevin

6. 6 Big Apr 15th, 2010 at 8:50 am

Yes, they do look like Kevin’s parts; I have a set myself. But how do you guys know he is not producing them for Lowbrow? I know for a fact that Kevin produces private label parts for other companies, which is pretty common in this and every other industry.

7. 7 broadwaylee Apr 15th, 2010 at 10:03 am

IF he is then i stand behind my statement {quote} at least give credit where credits due no?

8. 8 E'Ville Twin Motorsickle Co. Apr 15th, 2010 at 10:37 am

F.Y.I ……GUYS THIS WAS DONE BACK IN THE 70’S …….SO WHO INVENTED IT ? BEATS ME …..COULD IT BE THAT JUST A REGULAR GUY DID THE FIRST ONES IN HIS GARAGE ? POSSIBLY …..JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT MAKES YA GO HMMMMMMMM…….

9. 9 J G Apr 16th, 2010 at 9:48 pm

I machined the same parts in 1998. Welded them up on a rigid and rode like the wind! Who is first? Its not Fab Kev! And its not me either! Get a life, quit sucking ass.

10. 10 James (KIWI) Apr 19th, 2010 at 2:14 am

I agree with J G. though Fab Kevin is very good at what he does but I’ve been reading some old Ed Roth Choppers Mags fron the 60’s and most stuff has already been done.
    They were even using sulky wheels for big diameter front wheels.

Those were the days my friend

James (KIWI) (clinging to a small rock in the SouthPacific)

Ps Fab Kevins article on the Burt Munroe Challenge here in New Zealand was bloody great.

Many thanks to him.I rode down there and the weather was as bad as he says.

11. 11 James (KIWI) Apr 19th, 2010 at 2:23 am

PSS the article is in the Horse mag a great read…so rush out and buy one now…

12. 12 RM Apr 19th, 2010 at 12:28 pm

I don’t usually weigh in on these things, but how the hell is this an invention? It’s a piece of steel turned to the diameter of the seat spring and coped to suit the frame rail. It was probably ‘invented’ by the first guy who ever needed such a thing decades ago. That said, I think it’s great that people are offering them for sale as I would rather buy one for $26 than spend half an hour machining a one-off set from scratch. Russell Mitchell.

Crusher