La Rosa Design Motorcycle Solo Bag

If you ride beyond your city limits and are tripping for more than one day, reality is that you probably need to have your bike equipped with at least one bag. Others will get one for good old school look.

For appearance and or functionality, the market for detachable solo leather bags is growing with many upholstery shops and bag manufacturers producing their own designs. Paughco’s La Rosa Design Bag is conceived for mounting to the left side frame rails on both rigid and Softail motorcycles. It is hand cut and stitched from a fine heavyweight leather, measuring 10” W x 7”-14” T x 4” D and is quickly attached via rugged straps with buckle closures.

Retail price is $179.95. Online at Paughco or call 775-246-5738

10 Responses to “La Rosa Design Motorcycle Solo Bag”

1. 1 Scott R Jun 5th, 2010 at 5:27 pm

Is this manufactured in the US?

2. 2 Cadillac Joe D Jun 6th, 2010 at 10:29 am

Nope………..Mexico.
    If you want a U.S. Made Solo Saddle, go to http://www.comfortbydesignacc.com Made in California, nicer quality, and $50 cheaper to boot!!!

3. 3 busfreak Jun 7th, 2010 at 6:38 am

I just have to put in my 2 cents, but Mexican leather is some of the best leather in the world. That bag in Mexico would probably cost you 25 to 50 bucks.

4. 4 just my opinion Jun 7th, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Cadillac Joe D; Funny how you post a web site that shows a mexican guy working leather that can barely speak english and you claim his is better than mexican. Where do you think he gets his leather? Is it really better that what we are seeing in the original post.
    Which one are you the mexican that makes the stuff in the video or the guy selling his stuff cheaper than the american company ” Paughco” .
    Let me ask you one more question what the hell does ” coupled with outrong beleif in customer service” mean and does it really give your company the following statement.
    “This gives CBD a solidoundation from which to insure 100% customer satisfaction.”

I would rather support Paughco that I know is American not some mexican trying to fool us into thinking he is American.

5. 5 Jeff Nicklus Jun 7th, 2010 at 4:40 pm

JMO,

The Mexican guy in the video is most likely one of those 12 million illegal aliens you want to make legal, so what is the problem?

Sorry Dude, sometimes I just can’t help myself! Have to go back to work loading the trailer for ROT!

Over & Out,

Jeff

6. 6 just my opinion Jun 7th, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Jeff; that was a good one. Have fun at ROT wish I was going.

7. 7 Cadillac Joe D Jun 8th, 2010 at 4:44 am

The guy in the picture is Juan Hernandez. he worked for CCI for years, did the prototype and design work on the new Indian Motorcycle Saddlebags and seats, and is a US citizen and produces the product in Gilroy, Cal. and pays his taxes.

It is your perogitive if you would like to pay $50 more for an import or support a U.S. made product and is made from materials purchased in the bay area. I was simply answering a question and giving Scott R. an alternate source as he was obviously concerned about the country of origin.

As far as Paughco goes, they are friends of mine and produce some of the best product on the planet, but they do not produce the LaRosa Product………they simply distribute this product.

If you have further questions on any of the products on the CBD website, please feel free to contact me. I am more than glad to tell you anything you would like to know about that line.

Joe D.

8. 8 666 Jun 9th, 2010 at 6:53 pm

Wow the choices are get a leather bag made in mexico by mexicans or made by mexicans in california?? Difference is???

9. 9 Apparel Guy Jun 19th, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Too bad this had to turn into a buy us versus discussion. One thing I can say for sure is that you can get some awesome leather goods out of Mexico. Not something we offer but a a bag is definitly a nice add for many rides.

10. 10 Boss Jun 6th, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Sorry Joe D. you are way off. The La Rosa Bags are made In two factory’s. One right in San Leandro Ca. And one in Milan Italy.
    La Rosa has been around for 30 + years. Where is Comfort By Design today.
    Should you want a tour of the factory. They do offer them every Friday

By the way, I have seen both companies bags. La Rosa deffinatly is a much higher quality leather and the detail is a lot cleaner