Bonneville Motorcycle BUB Speed Trials. Part 4.

After half a day lost on the schedule because of poor Salts condition (showers), yesterday was high pace rotation on the different tracks to let racers effectuate an outstanding 300 total runs in the 3 main classes “AMA”, “FIM” and “Run What You Brung.” Variety is such that it is extremely difficult to to identify at 1st glance which bike belongs to which class! For its first run, Max Lambsky and his red  “Double Vincent Engine” Streamliner did his first had no difficulty going over 200 mph. Roger Goldammer, the 3-time AMD World Champion Of Custom Bike Building has completely skipped the show tour during more than 1 year to prepare his machine. He is on the Salts still doing some engine work. Let’s see…

Scotty Murman from Ohio, Iron Butt member and contender, rode his Harley-Davidson Shovelhead Old Blue“ all the way from home and pushed its speed just above 100 mph. Brand new on the Salts, a “Motozysz” machine that nobody heard about before, nor on the Salts. It’s electric! and silently raced at a speed of over 150 mph for its first shake down. No details disclosed about how this machine is powered. Great atmosphere in Bonneville…and a lot of humor, like this toilet probably imported from Daytona Beach! (Written with the help and photography of Horst Roesler) BUB Speed Trials.

8 Responses to “Bonneville Motorcycle BUB Speed Trials. Part 4.”

1. 1 sammyd Sep 2nd, 2010 at 7:01 am

I cant believe noboby new about MotoCzysz, He just won at the Isle of Man race, and an e-power race at Laguna Seca. If I was a rich man, I’d throw some cash at his way.

2. 2 fuji Sep 2nd, 2010 at 7:58 am

sammyd

I’d throw some cash at his way.

With all the brilliance that is associated with MotoCzysz, in the back of my head I believe that is how they make a good living although I have no proof of this other than a gut feeling.

3. 3 Fluke Sep 2nd, 2010 at 3:26 pm

I am with Sammyd, I am shocked that “no one” has heard of them considering the high profile things they have been up to of late, also putting quote marks round MotoCzysz is more than a tadd disrespectful. Or is the “Cyril Huze blog” into that kind of thing?

4. 4 Cyril Huze Sep 2nd, 2010 at 4:06 pm

Fluke. Disrespectful!?! Really? Never heard this. It’s just a way for people not to confuse a brand name with a bike name.

5. 5 Tom Maioli Sep 2nd, 2010 at 11:48 pm

Joseph Lee and myself just crossed another one off our “Bucket List”, We rode out to Bonneville for the Bub Speed Trials. The ride up was quite an expierence in itself. Left LA and just east of Vegas we picked up Hwy 93 north . The ride north to West Wendover Nev. was absolutely amazing. Never knew a road could go for 20 & 30 miles at a time with out so much as a curve. When we got on the salt every one was so friendly. The Klock family took it upon themselves to make sure I got to see everything up close & personal. They put me in the truck and drove me to the starting line to see all the action. Every where we went everyone answered all our dumb questions with a smile. We had a GREAT TIME. We are already checking E-Bay and Cycle Trader for a project bike for next year,

Thank you Dennis for a great show. Thank you Laura & Brian for being good friends.

Tom Maioli

6. 6 maroco Sep 6th, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Very impressive event, difrent bikes testing all limits of mecanics, speed and aerodinamics.

7. 7 Mason Sep 8th, 2010 at 11:58 am

I only wish I could find the result posted somewhere. I’ve been looking since the 2nd and can’t find a thing. What did the Salt Ghost do? Any records? And yes, the electric bikes are here to stay.

1. 1 Tweets that mention Bonneville Motorcycle BUB Speed Trials. Part 4. at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on Sep 2nd, 2010 at 2:53 pm