Rebecca Mitchell Joins Las Vegas Bikefest Marketing Team

Las Vegas BikeFest is pleased to announce that Rebecca Mitchell, a Pwersports industry veteran, has joined its marketing and sales team. “Las Vegas BikeFest is in expansion gear”, states Mindi Cherry, Vice President, “Rebecca brings her passion for powersports, sales, marketing and event management skills to the table. We’re adding more vendors with loads of different products for our attendees. We’re planning more features and attractions to all segments of the motorcycling community that you just don’t see at other motorcycle rallies, events and shows.”

Rebecca’s resume includes past publisher of Hot Rod Bikes magazine; Sales, Marketing and Event Director for several Powersports after-market companies. Most recently she was the Sales Account Manager (Big Twin Segment) for Dealernews magazine, Dealer Expo, Big Twin Dealer magazine, the Big Twin West show and the International Motorcycle Shows. In addition, she’s a long-time enthusiast who rides and is a frequent attendee at rallies throughout the country. Las Vegas BikeFest 2011 will be held September 29, 2011 – October 2, 2011 at the Cashman Center, 850 Las Vegas Blvd. North, Las Vegas, with its headquarters on the world-famous and wildly popular Fremont Street in nearby downtown Las Vegas. Vendor sales or event registration can be found at Las Vegas Bikefest. or by calling 1-866 –BIKEFEST (1-866-245-3337).

20 Responses to “Rebecca Mitchell Joins Las Vegas Bikefest Marketing Team”

1. 1 Bigalyts@aol.com Jan 27th, 2011 at 9:10 am

Sounds like they did their Homework choosing, Rebecca Mitchell! Good Luck, Becky!

2. 2 just my opinion Jan 27th, 2011 at 12:34 pm

The first things she should change is the fact that Las Vegas Bike fest charges their vendors a high fee to have access to the people ( in fact rates that compare to sturgis which is a big rally unlike this little rally) and then they charge the attendees a fee to have access to the vendors. And lets be totally honest sturgis gets half a million people this rally may get thirty thousand and sturgis is 10 days this little rally is 4 days. And as an attendee before you are allowed access to the vendors you get to be searched like you are some kind of criminal. I don’t understand searching people because anyone that wanted to bring in a weapon could easily throw it over the fense or simply pass it thru to anyone already inside. So these searches serve no purpose other than to harrass the customers. That right there is 2 big reasons this show has never been and probably never will be very big. Las vegas is a great place to have a rally/show but until these things change I would recommend saving your money and just go to Laughlin. Or better yet go to sturgis were bikers are really welcomed and you can have a great time.

3. 3 Rebecca Jan 27th, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Thanks Bigalyts! Nice to hear postive feedback in this industry! We have a lot of naysayers that don’t like to see the light at the end of the tunnel! I, for one, am a true enthusiast and want nothing more than for everything that I involve myself in to be a success and more importantly FUN! After all, that is why we do this right? On that note, @just my opinion, I came on board to bring my experience and passion to this event. We have all be hit and hit hard by the economic conditions and ALL the events and rallies have suffered a decline. Just for the record, you do have a few facts entirely wrong so let me set the record straight:

1. You cannot compare Sturgis to Las Vegas or Laughlin or most any other event. It is in it’s own ballpark. Compare apples to apples. Compare us to the International Motorcycle Shows, the Easyrider shows, etc…not Sturgis, we don’t claim to be a rally, we are an event.

2. LVBF does not charge high vendor fees at all in comparison to like shows. We charge $695 per 10 X 10 for indoor air conditioned space which includes a city business license. Outdoor space is $650 per 10 X 10 and bulk space is $550 and under depending on the size. In addition, we have NOT increased our space rates since 2007.

3. We charge $15 for an entry fee which covers all 3 days unlike the others that charge $15-$20 PER day. The cost to put on an event and give away cash prizes for the poker runs, custom bike show, Mr and Ms Las Vegas, the Bikini contest and Artistry in Iron (first prize is $10,000) are pretty lofty. In addition we have, pretty much, non-stop musical talent on stage all 3 days. If you want to attend Sunday only, it is FREE. We had a little over 30,000 attendees come through the gates last year!

4. Unfortunately we have to search for weapons because there are a few idiots out there that feel the need to ruin it for the rest of us. Remember the shootings in Laughlin, remember the stabbings in Laughlin, remember the shootings in Sturgis (on several occassions), remember the shootings in New York, remember the gang fight in New York? Yeah, if you really want to get a weapon in you probably will but like the the crap we all have to go through when we fly, it is a deterent. Enough said….

5. Finally, how about some POSITIVE energy. There is enough negative to go around for all of us and frankly I’m so tired of the industry whiners! We welcome our attendees, we want every person that forks over $15 of their hard earned money to have a kick ass time, we think Vegas is a great venue and we want our exhibitors to make tons of money. We want a comeback! Keep posted on Cyril’s Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc…we have BIG plans this year!! I’m so excited.

I look forward to seeing you all out there…Rebecca

4. 4 fredp Jan 27th, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Congrats, Rebecca! Was always a pleasure working with you at the Vtwin expo and magazines at my time at Titan!! They made a great choice.
    Maybe see ya at Cinncy with JoeK from Am Iron! Always can use another partner in crime.

5. 5 just my opinion Jan 27th, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Rebecca; I am not trying to be negative just pointing out the facts. If you what to be honest then lets look at what you said.
    (1) you are absolutely right you cannot compare your show to sturgis or laughin, Why? because both those ralley attract a lot more people than your little show. And have far better rates for vendors and neither harrasses the customers with searches or charges those customers for access that the vendors have already paid for.

(2) When you compare numbers to numbers your show does gouge the vendors. Sturgis attracts around 500,000 people although the promoter will claim more. Your show maybe 30,000 although I doubt even that many.

sturgis’ vendor rent 2500 for 10 days of 500,000 people 10×20 foot space
    cost works out to be .005 cents per possible customer

LVBF 1000 for 4 days of maybe 30,000 10×20 foot space
    cost works out to be .033 cents per possible customer

As you can clearly see using these numbers your rates are more than six times higher than sturgis (customer for customer and dollar for dollar) and your show gives the vendor 4 days of time to talk to those customers compared to sturgis that is ten days. If that is not gouging your vendors what is? Just so you understand vendors don’t like it when a promotor says ” well so and so is charging that much so we should be able to screw you as well ” remember the vendors are in business to make money just like you promotors are.

(3) Last time I attended your show which was just two years ago. The show was charging 15 dollars just to see the vendors. That is what I see as a problem. I am not talking about charging for concerts or prizes, those things you need to charge for but charging to access the vendors is GOUGING. I mean seriously why should the customers have to pay to see the vendors when the vendor has already paid you for access to those customers? AGAIN NOTHING BUT GOUGING

(4) As for seaching for weapons that is not neccesary. So what there was a shotting in Laughlin. That shotting was one incident, a one time thing and just so you know I personally don’t think searching people anywhere should be allowed with out cause. You say it is a deterent, I don’t think so, any crazy person will do crazy things whether or not you search all the non-crazies. The death penalty is a deterent – searches are just an inconveinance.

(5) I agree things should be more positive. And that is exactly why I suggested you stop the searches that are nothing more than your company/employer saying that the people attending are good enough to take money from but you can’t trust them to be human.
    And I am sorry but I don’t see anything positive in charging the vendors six times what the would pay at any rally and giving them 40% of the time to earn that money back.

I am a very positive person but I am also a good business man that can count and add and subtract. And sinse when is being honest being negitive? If the truth hurts then change it. I hope I have opened your eyes to what I and many other vendors and attendees see as a problem with your show. You have an opportunity to do some good here I hope you don’t waste it. I do wish you success, I am just hoping you will change this show and make it better than it currently is.

6. 6 Rebecca Jan 27th, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Have you met the Sturgis Police Department? I did, and got a fine for lifting my eye protection at a stop light to get the bug out of my eye. I’m not going to use Cyril’s forum to banter. Hope to see ya in Vegas “opinion”. Look me up!

7. 7 Harry Jan 27th, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Just my opinion. I think your argument regarding crowdis Sturgis/Las Vegas is ridiculous. Why? Because 500,000 bikers in Sturgis are not going to stop by to see all vendors. In Vegas, if you participate to the event, there is about a 95% probability that you will visit the vendors inside and outside the Cashman Center. Your analysis is quite wrong for the businessman you pretend to be. Businessman or not, you don’t know how to spell many English words…

8. 8 Mike Greenwald Jan 27th, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Cops dressed up as bikers shoot bikers during Sturgis.

LVMPD has a habit of puffing up every chance they get. Best of luck marketing that.

9. 9 Otis Jan 28th, 2011 at 10:31 am

Rebecca,

Congrats on the new position! I enjoyed the LVBF in 2010! But, I did think it coulda’ been alot better and I’ll bet you have some good ideas! Let’s talk in Cincy, I’m sure you’ll be there.

Otis

10. 10 just my opinion Jan 28th, 2011 at 11:41 am

Harry; It is correct that no vendor will talk to 500,000 people during sturgis. But the part you don’t seem to understand is that all vendors are seen ( not talked too but seen by ) 80-90% of the people that attend the rally and no matter what you are selling only 2-5 % will actually stop and talk to you and out of that 2-5 % only a small amount of those will buy.
    So if you have 500,000 people your odds of selling are greatly increased versus being seen by 30,000 people. That is not brain surgery it is just common business sense. You may be great at spelling but your numbers could use some work. By the way, if I ever decide to participate in a spelling bee I will look you up for some pointers, but as for business advice I will have to pass.

11. 11 Rebecca Jan 28th, 2011 at 11:45 am

Otis & Fred

See you in Cinci guys! I’m very open to hearing any and all ideas and suggestions.

Thanks for the good wishes

R

12. 12 Shifter Jan 28th, 2011 at 11:50 am

Just My Opinion. I also think you are very wrong. For example, if you are a vendor on Lazelle Street in Sturgis, you will never see the majority of people attending Sturgis because most don’t even go to downtown Sturgis. Even those going downtown will never see, never pass front, never stop to all vendors’ booths. In Las Vegas, there is only one main place to see vendors, the Cashman Center. So, probability is that all attendees will go there. For access to the Artistry In Iron, you are also obliged to enter the Cashman Center where are the vendors. So, your reasoning doesn’t make any business sense.

13. 13 Matt Jan 28th, 2011 at 7:18 pm

WOW….I’m confused why Just My Opinion is desperately trying to compare the Vegas event to Sturgis?? REALLY, Can you not see how different these events are? Becky specifically told you that they are not trying to be a rally but they are an event and to compare apples to apples but you just can’t get over your love affair with the 500,000 that used to go to Sturgis. You are spending way too much time “doing the math”. Give it a rest dude. And regarding the $15 fee to get in, I would venture to say that most people blow that on the first slot machine, crap table, roulette wheel they encounter in Sin City. It is Just My Opinion that you like to stir crap and don’t have much else going on. I love how there is always one sour apple that just can’t get enough of “seeing” himself/herself on these blogs. Why don’t you contact Becky directly? Or do you need to hide behind blogs? I know Becky personally and she is no BS and will talk openly with you or anyone else regarding your concerns. Guess what the original message was about Becky joining the Las Vegas show. How about a big congrats to Becky, I’ve worked with her throughout the years and she is rock solid.

Viva Las Vegas…I’ll be there on my GSXR 1000!

14. 14 Nasty Mc Nasty Jan 28th, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I think Just My Opinion got his junk checked in the security line and he is a little bitter

15. 15 Fuzzy Jan 31st, 2011 at 9:48 am

rebecca, good luck in building the LV bike fest to it’s full potential. i won’t attand again until the vendor fees are reduced. there are plenty of ways to generate revenue with the bike shows, rides and other events without gouging the vendors. i also think admission into vendor village should be free. can’t help but think so many more people besides the “bike community” would attend and be more willing to drop some cash inside if they could get in free.

16. 16 Dennis Feb 1st, 2011 at 11:26 am

Congrats Ms. Mitchell! My wife & I have been volunteers & attendees at Las Vegas Bikefest since it’s inception.

I think the idea of some new blood is great. Being at show the last ten years I can say that it has grown a bit stagnant. Still fun… but it has become the same ole, same ole.

One thing I would like to see brought back is the attendee bikes being parked under the canopy at Fremont Street. It was a fantastic thing & seem to make everyone feel like a star. The city has since changed it’s mind on that subject & has not allowed such a thing for the last eight years.
    What I noticed is how many people really loved rolling their bike up onto the sidewalk & under the canopy for all attendees & Fremont visitors to enjoy. And enjoy they did. Pictures, girls/boys, beer, bikes & casinos. A wonderful combo! I think the casinos loved it & I could definitely see how much the people enjoyed it.
    I am sure there is a list of things you have in mind to change or add… As I do… But this is one thing at the top of my list I would love to see come back.

Looking forward to volunteering & participating again this year. I am also looking forward to seeing what you come up with as well.

Good luck to you & welcome to Las Vegas, baby.

17. 17 Rebecca Feb 3rd, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Hi Dennis~

We have big things in store this year…very excited, I wish I could let the cat out of the bag sooner than later. The issue with Fremont St was not ours, when they did the renovations and such a lot of “other” things took place that made it impossible for us to hold the event there so it stays at Cashman…however, we will make a big announcement soon that will make all the Fremont worshipers very pleased. I look forward to meeting you and your wife!

Best..Rebecca

18. 18 Bubba Feb 28th, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Rebecca, I have attended LVBF for the last seven years. I have to say outside of Sturgis LVBF is by far one of the best Rallies. Where else can you find hotels offering guests reduced room rates. The registration package prices are also very fair especially when you figure you get T-shirt, pin, food and drink, and the shuttle service.
    For those who want to be negative I say go spend way more money for less at the other rallies.
    LVBF is well worth the 787 miles we travel to get there.
    Would love to talk with you about some new ideas.

19. 19 Rebecca Mar 1st, 2011 at 11:59 am

Thanks Bubba!

Look forward to meeting you. Call or email mr anytime

Rmitchell@convexx.com
    702-450-7662. Ext 236

1. 1 Rebecca Mitchell Joins Las Vegas Bikefest Marketing Team | ProRidersMarketing Pingback on Jan 28th, 2011 at 7:23 am