City Of Myrtle Beach Tweaking Its Motorcycle Noise Ordinance

Since September 2008 Myrtle Beach had a city ordinance limiting motor vehicles to a level of 89 decibels while the engine is running at idle speed.

Such ordinance, among over 15 others, was openly the way mayor John Rhodes intended to eliminate any bike rally inside the city limits. And we know that he was successful at discouraging most bikers to ride through Myrtle Beach, even at participating to any event around the city.

On Tuesday, the City Council changed the noise ordinance for motor vehicles, pushing the 89 limit to 92 decibels. Although Mayor Rhodes always repeats that bikers who adjusted to and followed the new ordinances were always welcomed in Myrtle Beach, don’t fooled by this generous gift of 3 extra decibels. If the city ordinance has been slightly tweaked it’s simply because legally it can’t be more restrictive that what is the national recommended standard of 92 decibels. Does it show a new positive attitude of the city of Myrtle Beach and some new love for bikers? I don’t think so.

52 Responses to “City Of Myrtle Beach Tweaking Its Motorcycle Noise Ordinance”

1. 1 Harry Feb 10th, 2011 at 8:52 am

Too late MB. We already moved to other rallies.

2. 2 zyon Feb 10th, 2011 at 8:58 am

If I were a citizen of MB and if the city ever laid off one city employee due to budget I’d have that guy’s head! I don’t understand driving revenue out of your city simply because you don’t like motorcycles.

3. 3 Woody Feb 10th, 2011 at 9:33 am

What about the helmet ordinance? Just kidding, don’t care, won’t set foot or forks in the place, ever.

4. 4 Jeff Nicklus Feb 10th, 2011 at 9:51 am

YEAH, WHAT WOODY SAID!

Over & Out,

Jeff

5. 5 BadMonkeyMW Feb 10th, 2011 at 9:52 am

You reap what you sow, silly MB politicians. No self respecting motorcycle rider is coming back to your shitty town. Good luck making your revenue goals from the senior citizen/golf crowd.

6. 6 CHOPMONSTER66 Feb 10th, 2011 at 9:55 am

will not ever go back , thay can keep there ordinance change . they dont need biker money for there town. will go some were else and spend my money ..

7. 7 LENNY SINNET MC ADVANTAGES Feb 10th, 2011 at 11:35 am

Not worth going back where they did not want us.

8. 8 Steve 'brewdude' Garn Feb 10th, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Not only won’t I go back for the rally but never again for a vacation. We used to have our family reunion and vacations there, but, even before the laws were passed it pissed me off. We had 40 of us stay at Ocean Lakes Campground. Rented houses and several have RVs. They wouldn’t allow our motorcycles on their property and made us park them outside the gate. I asked about any security and they said to look at the sign posted where we park the bikes. It said park at your own risk!

9. 9 1550tc Feb 10th, 2011 at 3:51 pm

MB……wouldn’t piss on it if it was fire 🙂

10. 10 burnout Feb 10th, 2011 at 3:55 pm

King’s Highway is a pretty ride but damn sitting in traffic by the beach! Murrells Inlet is WIDE open. peace

11. 11 DJ Feb 10th, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Shutting down MB might possibly be the best thing that ever happened to us… Now every other Rally city has a model to see what would happen if they shut it down

12. 12 Quint w/HogRadio.net Feb 11th, 2011 at 12:36 am

Memorial day weekend in MB 1977 was a blast. Lots o’ bikes, cruzin and partyin. The most trouble we got in was getting kicked out of the go karts for crashing. I would think that it’s not the business people but the politicians. Stupid politicians. Not going back.

13. 13 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 11th, 2011 at 6:50 am

I guess you all forgot about all those of us that live here in Myrtle Beach and how we got stuck with all those ordinances. We get to live with the discrimination year round. Many of you chose to simply abandon us to let us fight our own battle for freedom and justice and to stand alone against these fascist Gremlin Elitist. So thanks a lot for nothing, it is your choice. I know that some people are more posers than real biker and pretty much do not stand for anything other than drinking and drugging and taking care of themselves. So much for standing up for you fellow brethren.
    But for those of you that gave us those two years of support that we ask you for I would like to thank you for that. It worked. The Boycott and Mayhem as I called it in the very beginning when I first called for this, has worked. First the boycott woke up the slow minded pickled brained elitist once they finally realized just how much money we brought to them. Now the town cannot afford enough police to pay for the out of control violent crime. Store fronts are empty and people are out of work. One business fails after another. The town is no longer a fun safe friendly place. The politician’s reputations have been destroyed as badly as that of the town, Thanks to those that kept coming for the last two years.
    The only thing they ran away from Myrtle Beach was the good reputation, the respect, the drunken redneck poser on Harleys that only cared about themselves and of course the money.
    Our true brethren kept coming in support of those of us that were stuck here and the local business that they grew to know and love, many of who are run by fellow bikers. Your support has in essence assured us a slow but sure victory over those that attempted the selective tourism but failed. Now they will forever be viewed as selfish crooks, cheats and failures. Sadly,
    without vendors it is hard to say how many more years people will voluntarily come perhaps as a one last farewell visit, but for many, including myself, the rally will never be the same. So for those of you that came anyway, I want to thank you for your support. It was you guys along with those that fought the legal battle and brought the law suits that were able to defeat the unconstitutional ordinances in the courts. The town has no money left to fight many more law suits and certainly cannot afford any more bad press. I have a front row seat, where I can now watch Karma in action. The pathetic few will get theirs in the end. We will always have memories and I do not know about you or how you chose to deal with it, but as for me I can feel good, knowing that I stood up to these out of control narcissistic politicians, did as much as I could to stop them and put a pretty good hurting on them. These guys’ careers are almost over. So what was your part, what did you do, what are you doing now to make sure that biker rights are not being violated and taken away. There is more to being a real biker than simply riding, showing up at the parties and then running away when others need your help?

14. 14 LeftTenant Feb 11th, 2011 at 10:18 am

Myrtle Beach? Hmmm, not on my map anymore!

15. 15 Bigalyts Feb 11th, 2011 at 10:49 am

Myrtle Beach Sucks and so do 98% of their Population and they don’t deserve $1 of our Cycle Dollars. I don’t think that you were abandoned NIGHTSHIFT, I just think that you shouldn’t want your Fellow Bikers to go and be ABUSED by the City that you chose to become a Citizen. I think that there are a Bunch of us that would come to Myrtle Beach to Help YOU MOVE! See you in Daytona! They have a Loud Pipe Ordinance as well. However if you don’t sit there and keep your Revs up in front of Johnny Law, then they won’t bother you! In MB it just takes 3 Bikers Riding for enjoyment. PISS on Myrtle Beach.

16. 16 Woody Feb 11th, 2011 at 11:12 am

Sorry, Nightshift. What kind of “true bretheren” insists on coming to a place where they were not wanted and were not be welcomed? Heck, don’t call us brother in the first place if you think we’re “drunken redneck posers on Harleys that only cared about themselves”! (My last Harley was a ’79 FL, BTW and I have 4 Hondas & a BSA now) When the citizens of MB didn’t rid themselves of the “powers that be” that wanted to get rid of both Rallies instead of the dealing with problem one, it spoke volumes. In this case, they truly did get the kind of government they deserve. They spoke loud and clear that the Rally wasn’t worth the effort and the riding community has accepted their demands-by leaving. I had some nice riding in MI last Summer (‘cept for the stupid helmet law) and Florida this Spring. Maybe some day when I’m in Depends and trade the bikes for a golf cart, I’ll see if my money’s any good in MB.

17. 17 Jeff Nicklus Feb 11th, 2011 at 1:36 pm

Nightshift,

BOO WHOOOO WHOOOO, give me a break! The bikers have spoken in a language both the citizens and the government of MB can hear loud and clear …. we cut the money off and now they are dying in their own righteousness! I say screw ’em … they asked us to be gone and we left …. what is the old saying: “Careful what you wish for you might just get it!”

Hey, I have an idea: Maybe the City of MB should develop a few more Putt Putt Golf Courses …. That will bring in enough money to offset their budget deficit ….. right?

One question: Who voted the Mayor and his group into office in MB ? Oh yes, I remember now it was the people of MB! So deal with it!

Over & Out,

Jeff

18. 18 cwglide Feb 11th, 2011 at 8:15 pm

You think you have it bad Nightshift I am in California. We got Helmet law, 89db ord, CARB, and some fricking Senator Fran Pavelin green senator wrote a bill to have motorcycles smog checked, Thank God it was squashed. Your right we all need to fight the government for our rights, ALL of us. Hollister (not incorporated) Independence Day Rally was shut down due to the city letting the fricking Sheriffs put a strangle hold on the town consul with a $200,000.00 permit requirement. The Sheriffs did that to increase their yearly budget is all. The town loved the rally and all its revenue, and Hollister benefited from it, and now look. MB local business must not be happy. The mayor and city counsel of MB just screwed their revenue, and in this economy if i were a citizen id be pretty pissed at them Nightshift, not us, nor our industry.

19. 19 Todd8080 Feb 12th, 2011 at 1:43 am

Three decibels! What a joke. Guess what? Life goes on just fine without Myrtle Beach.

Nightshift, you can’t blame bikers for your city’s financial woes, you guys elected Rhodes with a majority vote, which clearly indicates that the citizens of Myrtle Beach want motorcyclists to stay out of their city.

Basically what you really want is for us to just mail you a check but not actually show up in person with our scary Harleys.

20. 20 43knuckle Feb 12th, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Something tells me “nightsh*t” wouldn’t be whining and downing others if he didn’t live in MB and have stakes in the game. What a crybaby….

21. 21 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 13th, 2011 at 12:51 am

I was the first person to coin the phrase SELECTIVE TOURISM and the idea to keep showing up, stay in surrounding cities and spend no money in Myrtle Beach. I was the one that name it BOYCOTT AND MAYHEM, but the politically correct soft sell folks went with NOT A DIME IN 09. Here we are 2011 and I am saying NOT A DIME TILL THE END OF TIME.
    When the little Toad Mayor was conducting covert internet espionage with web sites and radio spots that told people that the rally was over, people like me worked to get the word out that it was not over and the town’s corrupt political henchmen were lying to the tourist.
    Actually I live outside of city limits and never ever have to go there again. I live in North Myrtle Beach where the rally was first born over 70 years ago, but then I am sure that all of you real bikers knew that is where it all started and I am sure that is why you will continue to come to the town of North Myrtle Beach since it is kind of like a pilgrimage. This is about fellow ship right, or is it about vendors? I do not know about all you old timers, but I got enough chrome, leather and tee shirts to last forever.
    I am not asking anyone to spend money in side Myrtle Beach city limits. NO bikers are asking for that, bikers will continue to boycott.
    I am sure that all of you wise ones do realize that the election was rigged. Certainly you all know about all the envelopes stuffed with illegal campaign contributions money that was distributed the Shamers of commerce, right? You know about the vote buying and the tax kickbacks that were all about of buying or should I say stealing the city council and the Mayors seat, right? In case you still comprehend what I am say please let me spell it out. This is not about not being welcome or not wanted. We are wanted. IT WAS ONLY A HANDFUL OF LITTLE OLD LADIES AND OLD MEN WITH PINK TEE SHIRTS THAT CALLED THEMSELVES THE TAKE BACK MAY GROUP. You also know about the FBI and the IRS investigation of these politicians that hijacked the town, so you know it all, right?
    They were joined by a lot of elitist elderly retirees and they became very proactive from the very beginning while the business community remained lethargic, apathetic and did not take action until it was too late. The working class people had to work and were un-able to attend the city council meetings and many lived in the un-incorporated areas and did not have a vote.
    THE POINT IS THAT A CLEAR MAJORITY OF PEOPLE DID NOT WANT THE RALLIES TO END AND DID NOT VOTE FOR THAT. So the truth is that we were wanted, we were lied to, we were cheated and the ordinances illegal and unconstitutional city ordinances were are in the finial process of being defeated. Those that kept coming the last two years but made sure not to spend any money inside city limits have helped to break the politicians, both financially and politically. I thank those of you that did not give up right away and help us to do this. You made a huge difference. People no see just how much power and money we have, as before this they really had no idea.

22. 22 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 13th, 2011 at 12:52 am

For the last three summer season I have been going around meeting as many people as I could and finding out just what they had heard or what they knew and how they planned to deal with the situations. I have been shock as to the lack of real information that people have. Few know the real facts, and even worst few even care. You get mad when I use the words poser, but reality is that not to many years ago, people were willing to stand up for our American Freedoms. But now it is like a whole new type of people that stand for nothing and will fall for anything. People have to pick and choose which rallies they will or will not go to. It has always been that way. But when I hear people say screw M.B. I am not going back, what I here is that I am a quitter, I am like the French, I surrender, I give up, please feel free to run me out of any town you like and make as many illegal and unconstitutional city ordinances as you like, because I will simply whine a little and then quickly run away without a fight. I do not have a business or a job that is in any way affected by the rallies.
    I do not care if you come here to the Grand Strand or not. I do care that people are so poorly informed and clearly do not really know what is going on, how it all happened, or why it happened or that it can and will happen again with the types of fair-weather bikers that we now seem to have in our midst. I do care that more and more so called bikers seem to be unwilling to fight for our rights.

23. 23 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 13th, 2011 at 12:53 am

The Horry County S.C. Myrtle Beach rally never really was a Myrtle Beach rally in the first place. It was born in North Myrtle Beach and then over the years migrated all over the Grand Strand and south to Murrells Inlet area of George Town County at or near, SUCK BANG BLOW and all over Garden City, Surfside Beach, and Murrells Inlet. Myrtle Beach was only the small stretch in the middle. I will miss the Blvd. and many the stores and restaurants that are located there, but for the most part that part of the Grand Strand is not really that important.
    The reasons I am now telling you this is not because I want your money or support for the seedy little town of Myrtle Beach, but because I want to make sure that bikers stay strong and resist small little anti biker groups of old timer local yokel elitist that somehow think that they can get away with the kinds of discriminatory actions that we saw or should I say almost saw in Myrtle Beach. The boycott and the legal actions of lawyers have broken these ordinances and the political fall has been so great that it will now serve as true deterrent to stop future Mayberry RFD type towns from doing the same things. Those that kept coming rather than being pansy quitters made a huge difference. I am also telling you all this because I do believe that way too many of you are truly clueless as to half of what is really going on, many of you do not care as I said before, which means that we are becoming weaker as Freedoms and justice fall by the way side. How many bikers have been run over in South Carolina and yet those responsible were never charge with anything. Groups like abate may not be perfect, but we need to build on what we have and not give up and expect that someone else is going to stand up for our rights.
    I can only hope that many of you that are clearly confused and really do not have many facts, will learn more about what happened. I hope you will see how many of us fought and stood up to these clowns and in my opinion not only stopped them but also sent a message to other towns, just how not to run a town into the ground.
    I will continue to ride my 95 inch FXDWG with Samson ripsaws all over Myrtle Beach without spending a dime till the end of time and since these weakened, broke azz so called leaders of this town in ruins do not want any more trouble the cops do not even give me a second look. The town could not even afford to hire one new police officer for their new board walk, thanks to our boycott. They no longer hassle anyone that I know of unless of course you are asking for it. There were hardly any traffic problems inside city limits last year and if it were not for my hatred of the so called leadership that did this, I would still feel like I was riding in paradise. For me like many of you the place will never again be the same, but I feel as if it is my place as a real biker that really does stand for something other than pretending to be something that I am not. I will keep fighting for FREEDOMS AND JUSTICE.

24. 24 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 13th, 2011 at 1:07 am

For those of you that either read to fast, have comprehension problems or whose minds are just a little slow and do not understand the significance of what the difference of a few dBs means, it is simple or at least I think it is simple.
    The town in an attempt to keep Harley riders out of city limits intentionally made the noise level lower than that of a brand stock Harley with all stock parts, so in essence all Harley Davidson motorcycles were illegal inside city limits.
    I believe that the town is getting legal advice to now increase that lever to that of the State or other cities, since the town is current being sued over its bogus noise ordinance.
    It was this ordinance that offended me the most. To simply declare a specific type of vehicle illegal was wrong on so many levels. Talk about violating my rights. But then only one of my bikes is actually legal, then it is a matter of principle for some of us.
    These fools knew what they were doing was unconstitutional but they did it anyway.
    The do not try to enforce any of these ordinances anymore and most have or soon will be turned over.
    So I like to ride all over the town just to let the nasty haters know that I am a real American citizen and will not let them intimidate me or push me around like most of these modern pansies. So far no one say a word to me or bothers me in anyway. It is almost like they feel guilty. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to see everyone around them doing ok while the seedy little city in the middles slowly goes down the tubes. I am somewhat surprised that more people do not want the same things that I speak of.
    Thank you.

25. 25 Woody Feb 13th, 2011 at 2:41 pm

So the FBI has all these folks in jail now?

26. 26 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 13th, 2011 at 7:01 pm

We are talking about the FBI and the IRS. They too could easily fall prey to political pressures. These types of investigations sometimes take years. I do not believe that anyone can say if and when they will ever make an arrest. I will say that now people at least know many of the players involved and most of them will see a quick end to their political aspirations once they are finial out of office. Of course some will get away with this.
    Fighting for freedom and justice is will always involve constant vigilance. People might want to keep in touch and follow the events on-line, but know even these two local media sources which give more facts and cover things that many other local media do not are also bias and play media spin word games so as to twist the truth.

27. 27 Jeff Nicklus Feb 13th, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Nightshift,

Dude, seriously … you need to increse your medication NOW! The ghosts of Christmas past are catching up with you!

Over & Out,

Jeff

28. 28 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 14th, 2011 at 10:25 am

Jeff Nicklus is clearly missing the point. Not a real shining star there are you?
    M.B. said go away. I said no. I said no, we will not go away and we will not spend any of our money. So my amazing idea to boycott without going away has proven to be genius. Now they pay the price BUT WITHOUT REWARD.
    Perhaps that part of all this went right over Jeff’s big head.
    A reminder. My only stake in this game is to make sure that Myrtle Beach pays for what they did.
    Now Jeff, please tell me how us punking out and going away would be making them pay. If we stay and give them no money, then we win and they pay and pay and continue to pay. Each and every year as we roll through town and they do not see one dime is what I want.
    Is that really that hard for some of you thick headed pickled brained slow minds to comprehend? Can you not understand why I would be so angry and why I would end up feeling that way.
    Cwglide brings up California. Every town USA will eventually end up being like California if we do not stop these runaway self-centered grumpy retirees that no longer have any respect for our rights or the American way. A bunch of New York retirees that want to ban everything were a big part of this.
    I read Jeffs childish comments and understand that he simply does not get it. Dude thats ok, you are in good company, continue to run into more not so bright folks every day that also do not get it. Just look at the comments. So dude you are just one of way to many that stands for noting and will fall for anything.
    But the rest of you need to understand that now more than ever is the time to stand up to these small town politicians or we will all end up being like California.
    You should all take note of all that Cwglide tells you. At least he gets it.
    BTW. I am beyond angry at Myrtle Beach or do you people not read. How is it that you cannot comprehend what I am saying?
    Perhaps like Jeff, everything is just a joke to you and life is all fun and games all the time.

29. 29 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 14th, 2011 at 10:32 am

Please try to understand that the Grand Strand is 60 miles long and the seedy little city of Myrtle Beach is just a 8 mile stretch in the middle that is now a great place to simply ride right through, as we spend no money there, ever again.

30. 30 janine Feb 14th, 2011 at 10:36 am

Nightshift

It’s way too late to try to bring the bikers back to MB. the see-saw effect doesn’t work in the biker community.. Once the politicians start changing the ordinances regarding bikers, you can kiss off any chances of seeing us again.. There are way too many towns out there who welcome and look
    forward to having us and our money.. If you really think otherwise, than face it , you’re delussional!!
    You need a major reality check– “W E W O N ‘ T B E B A C K”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. 31 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 14th, 2011 at 10:48 am

I have to tell you that I now love to ride right through Myrtle Beach as the traffic is way less than it used to be so it is actually a great wide open ride and I like to let the selfish hateful little old retirees know that they did not run me off, but for the punks that are afraid of them, they can still go around on hwy. 31.

32. 32 Grayhawk Feb 14th, 2011 at 11:16 am

Get off the grumpy old baby boomers, of the 29,000 residents of Myrtle Beach proper less then 5k are 65 plus aged baby boomers, of the Horry county 200,000 residents plus or minus the median age is under 40 and Myrtle Beach proper even younger than the Horry County area.

Horry county overall is tourist area driven not resident driven from a financial expenditure point , they have chosen to cater to whom,”read tourists of choice”, they want. Obviously they don’t want the biker rally and seemingly can live without that specific pool of tourist money.

Does anyone really think the pressures of the county would not tend to steer the Myrtle Beach group if the area as a whole was not on board or complacent. Until that changes it is a shame, nice area for tourism, nice area for bikers..

33. 33 Hazy Feb 14th, 2011 at 11:26 am

The wife and I have been going to MB for the last 15 years or so. We’ve always stayed in Garden City. We watched the rally go from a fairly small to a massive traffic jam. Put up with the poser drunks doing open pipe burnouts at 3am. Paid the price as lodging prices climbed from cheap to high to over the top. Put up with the helmet crap too. Since we have a helmet law here in MD, we didn’t like it but we were used to it.
    Over all that time we have never been disrespected, treated poorly, or felt unwanted by the citizens and business owners. They were always courteous and told us to come back again. And we have gone to some very nice restaurants etc in our road clothes, dirty and sweaty from riding all day. The staff didn’t bat an eye, just seated us and gave great service. Granted, they really wanted our money back again but what merchant doesn’t want repeat customers? How you treat your custumers will determine if they come back.
    Last year hotel prices dropped a lot and this year even more. I think they learned the Daytona lesson -don’t gouge or you’ll be the one paying the price. The MB area businesses are hurting too because of the stupidity of the politicians (nothing new there) and they’re going out of thier way to make things attractive for bikes.
    Did we support the “not a dime in ’09” boycott? Sort of. Only spent money in one place in the City of MB but we’ve been going there for years.
    We’ll be there again this year. My reasoning is that the people who count, the citzens and business owners DO want bikers and have always suppoted us. The second reason is that as an American I GO WHERE I WANT, RIDE WHAT I WANT, and f— you if you don’t like it. No politician is allowed to stop me. They’re only in power as long as elected but I’m here for the long haul. Take back May? Hell yeah, I think we should.

34. 34 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 14th, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Janine you say us. But I too am an us. Grayhawk is an us. In case you did not realize this, the rallys did not end and lots of people are still coming. Not as many as before but the spring rally is still a good time and people will still come. Mostly those of us that are hear for the fellowship, food, riding and all around good time. Those newbies that like to stand around hot parking lots all day long buying all that stuff that they need or do not already have might not want to come since there will be way less vendors for the next few years simply because of what Horry County and that tiny little town in the middle called Myrtle Beach did to them, and vendor fees are just to expensive for them to make money.
    You are right about way too many towns out there who welcome and look
    forward to having us and our money, but not about bringing bikers back. You see all these Grand Strand towns like North Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach, Garden city and Murrells Inlet still have us bikers and we will stay. We will continue to come. I am only trying to make people aware that we are still coming to the Grand Strand; the spring rally is still alive and we will not let those politicians run all over us or run us off. We did not like what they said and did and that is why we no longer spend money in that one small tiny little 8 mile strip in the middle. I am not asking you or those like you that are not willing to fight for our rights, whom stand for noting and just want vendors and partying to come back. Like Grayhawk said, it is your choice. I am just trying to make everyone aware of how well we have done in our fight. How great it is for us to stand up to the handful of folks and their corrupt politicians that violated the rights of so many people. I am just trying to making sure that everyone knows that lots of people are still going to The Grand Strand, still riding right through M.B. but now stay in those towns that want us. All those towns on the Grand Strand want us and we want to go there. So if you want to stay away or should I say run away it is your choice. I am also asking those like Grayhawk that if you do come, yes it is your choice as to how and where you spend your money, but I would hope that you only spend it where you are appreciated and do not spend any at those that supported the political groups that gave all that PAC money that helped to steel the election. As for me, I will not spend a Dime inside M.B. city limits, especially not until the Mayor and all council members are gone. I am also waiting for the Chamber of commerce to fire Brad Dean and unless he is replaced with some one that is biker friendly I ask that no one support the M.B. Shambers of Commerce or any business that has a Chamber membership regardless of which town that business is located. So before you check into that hotel, first look and see if they have a current Chamber of Commerce membership, otherwise your money is helping to support the very people that are responsible for allowing the illegal, un-fair, un-American and unconstitutional city ordinances that have offended so many of us.
    Also be aware that some of the people that post on these forms are not really bikers but are really people that want to see us run away or are clowns that do not really know what is going on and simply want to play games.
    Thank you for all your support, keep up the good fight for our rights to ride our legal motorcycles.

35. 35 Woody Feb 14th, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Nightshift, I can appreciate your passion, hope you can appreciate I just don’t agree with you. Enjoy your corner of MB and be happy, it’s a nice place. If folks in the City proper ever rise up and “throw the bums out” and act like they seriously admit they screwed up and they’re sorry MAYBE folks will come back. Any other “old folks” remember Ft Lauderdale/Daytona spring break saga in the 70s-80s?

36. 36 Rick Feb 14th, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Screw MB. Their choice, they can suffer it. There are too many great places to ride and party to worry about one city of dumbasses. Move on, dude.

37. 37 dragon Feb 15th, 2011 at 8:45 am

sound’s like nightshift know’s alot of redneck poser’s to me

38. 38 Todd8080 Feb 15th, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Woody wrote: “Any other “old folks” remember Ft Lauderdale/Daytona spring break saga in the 70s-80s?”

I live in Fort Lauderdale and hate the way they screwed up the strip. All the fun bars are gone, there’s no more parking on the beach and A1A is now a one-way street lined with big hotels and faggy little high-priced cafes.

Basically they redesigned the whole beach area so it’s for wealthy tourists only, meaning locals must pay dearly to park then walk a long distance if they want to visit Fort Lauderdale Beach. Naturally no one does anymore.

I read where Myrtle Beach actually consulted with Fort Lauderdale’s city council for advice on how to get rid of the bikers, since they were so successful in running off spring breakers.

The bottom line for me is that I will never set foot anywhere near Myrtle Beach again, even if they rescind every single anti-biker ordinance and beg for forgiveness.

Furthermore, I sincerely hope Myrtle Beach sinks into a dire financial depression from which it never, ever recovers.

39. 39 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 15th, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Woody. Why is it that you can’t hear me? I do not want people to ever spend money in Myrtle Beach again. You talk about coming back. Forget about that. Myrtle Beach is broad way at the Beach which is owned by B&C and the convention center is owned by the city. Why would I want you to come back and support any of that? We do not need the very small part of the rally that was inside the city limits. We should never go back to staying inside the tiny little city limits. That is what I am trying to tell the slow minded masses. The rally is not and never was a Myrtle Beach rally; it is a Grand Strand rally. Always was been on the Grand Strand and very little was inside the city. Myrtle Beach is just that tiny little strip in the middle. So respectfully please do not come back to Myrtle Beach unless it is to simply ride your bikes throughout the city on your way to the North or South end of the Grand Strand. Yes Screw Myrtle Beach and all the Gremlin Elitist that did what they did, but do not screw ourselves and the fight for freedom or justice. Do not cut off your big noses to spite your little faces. It is like cutting off our whole arm to simply get rid of cancer in your finger tip. The Grand Strand events do not need that seedy little city in the middle. Now it is much for fun to go around or ride right through. I do not know about you parking lot bikers, but I am the kind of guy that likes to ride. So I like to ride right through M.B. without spending a DIME TILL THE END OF TIME. They still know I am here, they still know they screwed up, and they still know soon they will know that they cannot push people around and try to control who can and who cannot come to the beach. I will not be run off. I will always stand up for freedom and justice. I am a real American and I will act like a real American. The politicians and the selfish minority that they backed were wrong and violated our rights. They were wrong so it is and was proper for us to fight them. It is ok for us to go there because the majority wanted us there. It is right to fight against corruption, illegal money campaign finances, illegal laws, a crooked election and the handful of people that broke so many laws to try and run us out of that one tiny town. We still have the whole Grand Strand that is nothing to do with M.B.

40. 40 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 15th, 2011 at 12:37 pm

What’s wrong Dragon. Did I offend you? It takes all kinds of bikers to make the world go round. Try to understand my frustration with all the know it all’s that clearly are clueless as to what really happened, how it happened and how we should respond. It bothers me to see people that act like the French and want to put up a white flag and run away especially when the people of Myrtle Beach did not want us to leave. It was several groups of little old men and little old women in a handful of citizens associations that were not willing to put up with two weeks of preseason tourist. How selfish is that. The Chamber of comers, several behind the scenes groups and a dirty tricks political campaign group out of Aken were all part of the conspiracy. Now they are being investigated. But all that is irrelevant since we no longer care about the tiny little city. There never was that much in Myrtle Beach. Just the convention center and the yuppie biker spot Broadway at the beach. Oh that right the rednecks also went to broad way. Is that why you did not like what I said?
    It doesn’t matter. Myrtle Beach is not that important. Everything good was and always has been on the south end. The Harley Dealer, Iron Gate, S.B.B. Beaver Bar and 50 other things and places, all on the South end. All outside of M.B.
    Now it is perfect, because now people can do what they always did and they can ride right through Myrtle Beach without spending any money and M.B. is now in so much hot water that they are powerless to say or do anything about it. It is pay back time. I am sure you rednecks and yuppies will dearly miss B&C owned celebrity square at Broadway at the beach, but we are boycotting them so get over it and yes the convention center is owned by the city too. So to keep it simple we just keep boycotting everything inside the tiny city limits. Remember M.B. is tiny and is such a small part of the rally that we can live without that tiny little stretch of blvd.

41. 41 Jeff Nicklus Feb 15th, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Nightshift,

I wish you well but you need to understand …. we, and almost every other vendor of consequence, are done with Myrtle Beach, The Grand Strand and surrounding area as well… we have all moved on and so should you. This seems to be becoming an obsession with you! Everything is corrupt, illegal, voter fixing etc ….. no dude, it is what the people want! The people of Myrtle Beach and the vendors of the Rally have spoken, move on. Maybe someday the rally will return to Myrtle Beach maybe not, I just know it is off the radar for Desperado Motorcycles for now and well into the future. It is a shame as Myrtle was one of my favorite events! There are too many other events that are as good or better than Myrtle and the people of those city’s want us there.

Have a good one.

Over & Out,

Jeff

42. 42 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 15th, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Why are you telling me about the vendors? Did I not say that very few vendors would ever return to the area? I think I covered that one. I think I said that some of us like non commercialization events. Some of us like the social part and the riding and do not want to spend money or stand around parking lots all day. Some of us are not newbies and already have everything one could want. We just want to have a good time and ride. Now that the traffic problem is no longer a problem the riding is great.
    You say the people have spoken. What people spoke? When did they speak? Do you meant the city council that will soon be out on their rears or the less than one hundred take back may little old ladies with the pink tee shirts. If the town had a real election, a fair election that was not rigged and if they had not been allowed to set up a tax kick back scam to encourage all the old retired elitist that did not work or have business interest then it would have been totally different. You see you refuse to acknowledge that the real people of Myrtle Beach never were heard. The real people of Myrtle Beach did not get to speak. We are the ones that were told by Mayor Rhodes, THAT IF WE DID NOT LIKE IT THEN WE COULD LEAVE.
    You are the one that refuses to hear that this event is not in Myrtle Beach. Murrells Inlet is in Georgetown County and Beach House Harley Davidson is just a few miles up the Road from the State line and also has a lot of vendors. So even the vendors can make something happen if they want to.
    You as a vendor do not want to even try anymore and I understand that. That ok. No one even has to ever come back again. I am saying to those that like the new commercialization fee type rally to know that Murrells inlet, North Myrtle Beach. Surfside and Garden city are still there and that M.B. is just a small pimple on where the rallies are still going on. I now a lot less people will come, but it sound like you guys do not want anyone to come to any part of the Grand Strand. I want to see people continue to come and ride through Myrtle Beach so that the so called leadership will see that they cannot violate our rights and cannot get away with selective tourism. I want other towns to know and see that bikers are not a bunch of pussies and that we will continue to stand up to illegal unlawful city ordinances and discrimination. That we are the kind of true American tourist that are willing to continue to fight for freedom and justice.

43. 43 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 15th, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I just want everyone to know the reality, the fact, the situation and the truth rather than rumors, false propaganda spread by other areas that want us to go to their town. We can go there in two or three more years, but we still have some un –finished business on the Grand Strand. If you guys were legit then you would not be in such a hurry. What difference does one or two more years make to you.
    You already admitted that you are the ones with the vested business interest that that wants to see us go elsewhere. That is exactly what I do not want to see. I AM SICK OF PEOPLE MANIPULATING THE BIKER COMMUNITY FOR THEIR OWN SELFISH FINIANCIAL GAIN. I WANT TO SEE PEOPLE STAY ON THE GRAND STRAND FOR A FEW MORE YEARS AND TAKE THEIR TIME DECIDING WHERE THEY WILL GO NEXT. I WANT TO SEE A FEW MORE YEARS OF A COMMERCIAL FEE BIKER GATHERING WITH OUT A BUNCH OF VENDORS WHERE WE SPEND AS LITTLE MONEY AS POSSIBLE.
    With hard times upon us all real bikers would most likely welcome my ideas and my words. A COMMERCIAL FEE GATHERING AT MURRELLS INLET WHICH IS THE REAL MYRTLE BEACH RALLY IN THE FIRST PLACE.
    Only those of you that have your own agendas, your own business interest in other towns would want something different.
    I am sick of EVERYONE TRYING TO USE US FOR OUR MONEY.
    I SAY COME TO MURRELS INLET FOR A COUPLE MORE YEARS AND SPEND AS LITTLE MONEY AS POSSIBLE until all the crooks and thieves that only want to use us dry up and go away.

44. 44 Woody Feb 15th, 2011 at 7:53 pm

N.S. Please accept that “don’t understand” and “don’t agree” aren’t always the same thing. When someone tells me I don’t understand because I don’t agree with them, it’s like verbally patting me on the head and insinuating you have to talk slower with smaller words so I’ll “get it” . No thanks.

45. 45 Rick Feb 15th, 2011 at 9:17 pm

OK, we get it. Now please, Shut the Fuck up! If riders want to go, they will go. If they don’t, then won’t. Your mad ramblings are just annoying. Go smoke some weed or have a few drinks. Just let it go, man. You should also seriously consider getting a CT scan. You have something wrong with you. Seriously.

46. 46 Tom Kuhns Feb 16th, 2011 at 12:20 am

FUCK MYRTLE BEACH and all of their greedy-assed government!!! Clear Enough? If you don`t want us then you sure as HELL won`t see us or our hard-earned dollars. Also our non-presence stops the injustices meeted out by your fucked-up courts and your stealer judges who should be jailed themselves! Don`t even get me started on their fuckin` holyer than thou pig-nosers (cops). You fuckin` asked for it MB in the way the laws you initiated and the attitudes imposed on how to handle the bikers whose money you so cherish. You asked for it you got it! Now go play some fucking Putt Putt.

Tom Chop

P.S. NIGHTSHIFT. Wake-up and smell the coffee if you are cognizant enough to realize what is going on around you. All of the crying in existence doesn`t change facts. The biker community has moved on to better places——-you, if you are able, should do the same. Facts are Facts!

47. 47 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 16th, 2011 at 12:56 am

Ok Rick. I hear you. I get it and I am gone for now. I pretty much said everything I wanted to say and then some.
    But just I know that you are not some smart azz that simply likes to sound cool, please leave us with just a few words of wisdom or should I say your take on how this happened, who was responsible, when it happened, just how does the city of Myrtle Beach relate to the large area that the rally is held, and is it possible for bikers to gather in a place each year and enjoy each other without parking lots full of vendors? So far I have read all your post and only three of them sound like they were made by intelligent people. Clowns like Bigalyts says stuff like 98% of M.B. population sucks. Really? Only a moron would make such an ignorant and non-factual statement. A whole lot of people supported us. Also M.B. is a tiny part of the Grand Strand. So what about the town of North Myrtle Beach that fought for us and stood up against Myrtle Beach. Even the tiny destitute black beach town of Atlantic Beach refused to be bought out by Mayor John Rhoads. I ask you people to say something intelligent and make some rational statements. Tell us some facts. Anything other than your moronic childish angry factually devoid name calling and cry baby statements like M.B. suck, screw, them, I am mad at them so I ain’t going back. So far only DJ and Burnout made any sense. The rest of your comments were either childish or were fill with bad information. I look at what woody said and it almost sounds like him and the rest of you think that that tiny little city that had something to do with controlling the rallies. Even the Harley dealership is located outside of Myrtle Beach. Only the hotels and restaurants where in Myrtle Beach. Is that why you are upset, because like most lazy people you will now have to get a new hotel either in North Myrtle, Surfside Garden city or Murrells Inlet. Tell the truth. I think most of your really are lazy crybabies. For the most part Myrtle Beach really had nothing to do with the rally other than hotels restaurants ,convention center and Broadway at the beach all of which we are now boycotting and the fact that you tourist do not know what the Grand Strand is but you do know the name Myrtle Beach so the rally was named Myrtle Beach, but it is clear that none of you understand that Myrtle Beach is not important, is not the rally, is not where the rally is located and has no power and should have no influence on what the rally does or does not do. We have had two spring rallies and three fall rallies since the little section of the Grand Strand did what they did. So what, what does that have to do with us? Horry County then up set the vendors, but Liz Gillon is no longer chair person. She is history. Horry county is also has learned from all this. Sure most of the vendors will not be back any time soon but a couple years of having a commercialization free event will actually be a good thing.

48. 48 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 16th, 2011 at 12:56 am

So far I keep posting more and more facts and yet, it appears to me that only two of you have any intelligence what so ever and that the rest of you are brain dead, smart alec, childish, immature clowns with nothing meaningful to say. So far I have not heard anything from any of you telling me that any of you know just how many supporters we had both inside and outside the town. Bikers, non-bikers, business people, other tourist groups, gulf groups, lawyers, lobbyist, and even the South Carolina Supreme Court. You people make statements like screw them, without even knowing who them is or what you are talking about. So I call you clueless and challenge you to prove me wrong. Not some other person, but those that have already posted. I dare one of you that have already posted to show us that you really know what happened and why we should not stay two more years until we finally settle on which other events are right to replace this one. Tell us why we should run away now rather than to finish off these fools. Because if they see us go away then they will claim that as a victory. You guys are either too stupid to see that or you simply do not care.

49. 49 NIGHTSHIFT Feb 16th, 2011 at 1:04 am

Hey Tom kunt, for your information it was the South Carolina Supreme Court that put M.B. in their place, but like every court in America it took just a little over a year to do so.
    I know you are not talking to me since I was the original architect of the idea to boycott and keep riding through the town.
    If he had just gone away all the elitist pigs would have shown that as a sign of victory. Now what we have done is taken all the money away and yet the motorcycles are still there so these pigs now see that the only thing that they ran off was integrity, respect, reputation and oh yes our money.
    Some of you fools do know have a very good head for politics and clearly are not that bright.

50. 50 Black Bike Week Mar 13th, 2011 at 5:58 am

Great news!!!!

it’s still low 90db, but it’s better then last year.

51. 51 Smokin Joe (Moville Ground Shakers MC) Indiana May 29th, 2011 at 8:25 am

Wonder how long its been since a mayor was hung?

1. 1 Tweets that mention City Of Myrtle Beach Tweaking Its Motorcycle Noise Ordinance at Cyril Huze Blog – Custom Motorcycle News -- Topsy.com Pingback on Feb 10th, 2011 at 3:54 pm
Crusher