This picture was attached to a letter signed Holger Mohr, President and CEO of Custom Chrome, sent today to all CCI dealers who attended 2 weeks ago the very successful 2011 Dealer Show. Of course most of you, my readers, are not motorcycle dealers, but I still think that this picture of the CCI American Team is very cool, at least for 2 reasons. First, to show that the custom motorcycle industry is well and alive. Second, because to gather all these guys and gals in the same picture (without anyone clowning around…) has a lot of merit (I know them all!)

By the way I remind all professional photographers of the industry that it would be very cool if one of them could gather all professional custom builders in the same place for such a picture. In 30 years, for the next generation, it would be cool for everybody to see who was who…

11 Responses to “Picture Of The Week”

1. 1 G. Heller Mar 31st, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Reminds me high school. cool picture.

2. 2 Buck Rogers Mar 31st, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Cool picture.. There are no African Americans in the picture ? Humm

3. 3 Eric Maurer Mar 31st, 2011 at 8:37 pm

Whoever is running Custom Chrome sales force seems to be taking a cue from the Drag Specialties army

I have an idea…. Chopper Salesguy Cage Match…. Drag Rep VS. CC Rep. Look for it at Sturgis this year.

4. 4 Mike Apr 1st, 2011 at 9:31 am

Buck Rodgers.. Really, you have to throw the race card? Who gives a crap that there aren’t any black people in there? Maybe no qualified black people applied. Your statement is exactly what’s wrong these days.

I believe if you are qualified for a position and can present yourself in a professional way, then you get the position, regardless of race.

I went to a Church’s Chicken not long ago, and every single person working in there was black. What about them apples???

No one in this country deserves anything, and I hate people that think they do. You want something, EARN IT! That’s the AMERICAN way, no matter what color you are!

5. 5 SCOTT Apr 1st, 2011 at 10:02 am

I can’t imagine why anyone would think to point that out anyway, looks like a nice picture to me

6. 6 David Apr 1st, 2011 at 11:44 am

There’s a black guy in the white house buck does that make you feel better.

7. 7 betty Apr 1st, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Buck is suffering from White Guilt. Google it.

My second thought is that he’s black, but he probably would have said “black” if that was the case and not “African American.”

There are LOTS of WHITE “African Americans” and there are lots of non-African Black “Americans” … or “Cuban Americans” or “Brazillian Americans” or “European Americans” and so on …

8. 8 cwglide Apr 1st, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I was at their show and it was held at the convention center and I thought it was a great venue, better then at their building. CCI knows how to put on a show!! Great team picture. Back in the day when camara’s were a novelty at the turn of the century all the way up to the 20’s and 30’s, large panorama photos were taken from motorcycle participants ( i have a 1936 Panorama photo of the Hollister Gypsy Tour participants taken at Balodo park). I am with you Cyril, I’d like to see more of that! Hey perhaps you can get Horst to take one at the builders breakfast, Sturgis (if they are still doin that), since most of the builders are all there anyway. I’d pay for one of those pictures.

9. 9 ray c wheeler Apr 1st, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Buck,
    where were you? you might have made history…

10. 10 Jim Gianatsis / FastDates.com Apr 4th, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Thanks for the photo idea Cyril!

I invite all builders attending the LA Calendar Motorcycle Show at the Queen Mary, Long Beach July 16th to gather for a group picture at 4pm at the main stage area!

Cheers, Jim Gianatgis, producer
    FastDates.com Calendars & Website
    LA Calendar Motorcycle Show Weekend

11. 11 Kenny Price Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:10 am

nice photo. whats the big deal about no black people? maybe there weren’t any employed at the time. i do feel he was just joking and some people have to get our panties out of a wad and not jump off the deep end. i myself employ black people and we all work together as a team. i don’t employ every race in the world but if the job fits the person is hired. it seems this post has nothing to do with the show.

Crusher