Sturgis Bike Week. The Limpnickie Lot Set Up At The Buffalo Chip.

Last year, The Limpnickie Lot, a cooperative representing “the next generation of bike builders”, was set up at The Broken Spoke Campground. This year, the group will showcase their custom motorcycles and parts at The Buffalo Chip near the West Gate (where the large Buffalo Sculpture is located) in the free area. Builders will be creating their own FREE Limpnickie village complete with over 20 Limpnickie Lot motorcycle builders and a skateboard ramp.  The Limpnickie Lot will feature two great Cycle Source Magazine events at the Chip: 1- The Cycle Source Free Night Time Chopper Show will take place on Friday August 12th, which is free to enter and features prizes from Legends Air and 10 classes to enter. 2- The fifth annual Cycle Source Black Hills Run will start and end at The Sturgis Buffalo Chip® this year with a host of great destinations throughout the Black Hills. The ride will take place on Tuesday, August 9th at noon.

For thirty years the Legendary Buffalo Chip has proven itself as the heart of Sturgis Rally Week. Poised and ready to once again offer their visitors the complete biker experience, the Legendary Buffalo Chip has rounded up an enormous selection of biker-centric fun and festivities in addition to offering the summer’s biggest and most authentic music experience of Rally Week. Reservations for multi-day passes or daily admissions are available online at BuffaloChip.com or by calling 605-347-9000 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. (MST) Monday through Friday. This year the Sturgis Buffalo Chip will feature Charlie Brechtel, Edgar Winter, Alice Cooper, Pop Evil, Bachman Turner, Styx, Williams and Ree, Sweet Cyanide, Buckcherry, Def Leppard, Toby Keith, Poison, Lukas Nelson, Greg Allman, Lynrd Skynrd, Jeff Bridges and Friends, Saving Abel, Puddle of Mudd, Tesla and George Thorogood and the Destroyers.

27 Responses to “Sturgis Bike Week. The Limpnickie Lot Set Up At The Buffalo Chip.”

1. 1 jeff decker Jul 3rd, 2011 at 10:13 am

I just attended Born Free 3, and the younger motorcycle enthusiasts are creating first class revivals of show quality bikes of a bygone era. Fit, finish, readability & style held precedence over silly gimmick & grotesque proportion, that has ruled the bike building scene for far too long. I really look forward setting up Michael Lichter’s exhibit & being at the Buffalo Chip with this young & inspiring generation.

2. 2 Sugar Bear Jul 3rd, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Hmmmmmmmmm …..did this come about because Jay Allen’s no longer at the Broken Spoke Campground?

3. 3 Walt Lumpkin Jul 3rd, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Maybe those who thought Michael’s exhibit was inaccessible will find The Lot more easily. After all it is free too. The Limpnickie Lot is filled with talent and passion.

SB, I think Chris and The Lot are like me, I dance with the one that brung me (my friends).

Jeff: I look forward to seeing so many of your pieces in one place. Your work is phenomenal.

4. 4 Chris Callen Jul 3rd, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Yeah man, Jay’s my brother and in spite of how the world may be these days I AM my brother’s keeper!

5. 5 Mucking Fonster Jul 4th, 2011 at 6:41 am

A skateboard ramp? Really? What’s next, Barbie’s playhouse?

And pull your pants up!

6. 6 luSca custom design Jul 4th, 2011 at 6:51 am

It seems a very cool party! 🙂

7. 7 EvoJoe Jul 4th, 2011 at 8:01 am

I did enjoy last years Lot at Broken Spoke County Line.

8. 8 Roadside Marty Jul 4th, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Hey Mucking Fonster maybe you need to just stay on Main Street with your Street Glide, just be sure to get a new battery from the Stealership before you go down there so when you flip the switch for your neon lights under the tank, fender, primary and wherever else you put those things (your ass maybe) the Space Shuttle can pinpoint your location from outer space!! And for the record MY pants are pulled up because even I’m not mean enough to subject the rest of the world to my hairy crack!!!! As for barbie’s Playhouse I’m all for it as long as I get to play “house” with Barbie for the week..Roadside Marty

9. 9 Mike Kiwi Tomas, Kiwi Indian Motorcycle Co Jul 4th, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Born Free 3 was a terrific event and I have not experienced so much vibrance and energy from a motorcycle event and group of builders and riders in a LONG time. It’s a sector of our motorcycle industry that is thriving.
    Good analysis Sugar Bear

10. 10 Rogue Jul 5th, 2011 at 7:41 am

SEE YA ALL AT THE CHIP!

11. 11 John Green Jul 5th, 2011 at 8:32 am

Good Move CC

I spend my time looking at the bikes and never really noticed what and of the builders were wearing.

12. 12 A 1 CYCLES Jul 5th, 2011 at 8:33 am

who the hell is roadside marty?

13. 13 Heavy Metal Jul 5th, 2011 at 10:04 am

I love to look at the bikes but I don’t quite get the skateboard deal either, so I guess you can call me a hater too Roadside. If I want to see skaters I will go to a skate park. Oh…I don’t have a streetglide, doo rag or any moco acessories, my ride is a ’74 AMF HD.

14. 14 Manny P. Jul 5th, 2011 at 11:26 am

These Limpnickie guys are the independent “skunk works” of bike building, with a new, young, and driven perspective. It’s an industry-critical, ultra-thin slice of the moto-pie that some thought to be dead and buried under a sea of OEM chassis’ and chrome bolt-on accessories. If you’re not interested in skating, then don’t look at the ramp. But a visit to the lot, and a conversation with these young buildiers is inspiring, energizing, and worth it every time.

15. 15 Asian Dan Jul 5th, 2011 at 11:59 am

Well put, Manny P.

You tell em, Roadside Marty!

16. 16 Scott Takes Jul 5th, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I know many of these builders and they are imaginative and forward thinking. They are innovative, yet challenge themselves to work with the vintage iron and bikes from all over the world. I have had the pleasure to work with them and paint some of these creations. These bikes are a blast! Come see The Limpnickie lot where ever they are! Many of them don’t skateboard, but they are thoughtful enough to encourage the younger generation to do something positive and constructive. I support you all! Cycle Source, my hat is off to you as well. Keep it up Chris!

17. 17 burnout Jul 5th, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Long live The Limpnickie Lot! peace

18. 18 Roadside Marty Jul 5th, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Hey Heavy Metal if your in Sturgis stop by and say Hello to me just look for the 46 E Knucklehead I just finished, I won’t be very far from it if I’m not out riding it..I would love to talk bikes as well as see your 74, my father has a 1974 Super Glide that I have put many miles on as a passenger when I was a kid and more as an adult! Manny P put it better than I could..if your not interested in skating then don’t look at the ramp..trust me there are more things at the Lot that will grab your attention faster and longer than a skateboard ramp so come on by and hang out for a bit, I can guarantee that at the least you will see some great bikes that are actually ridden by their owners..look forward to seeing everyone there! Roadside Marty

19. 19 Jeff Nicklus Jul 7th, 2011 at 12:30 pm

A1 Cycles,

I believe the sticker actually says: “Who the Fuck is Roadside Marty” ……. LOL!

Marty … see you in the Black Hills?????? Your Daddy, Fat Robert, has a booth with us in Lead …. come visit!

Over & Out,

Jeff

20. 20 badams Jul 7th, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Jeff D said it best about the whole deal.

21. 21 TPJ Customs Jul 8th, 2011 at 2:14 pm

Who the fuck is road side Marty? haha can’t wait to hang out. Only a couple weeks.

22. 22 MJ Jul 9th, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Sounds like many “long-term” relationships are being formed at the Chip.
    Maybe BS is going to be left with a big empty swimming pool at the county line.
    Hope Jay doesn’t have too much money stuck in the place… maybe the Indians can offer a short sale!

23. 23 panrats49 Jul 12th, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Hey Roadside – what happen to Led Sled? Word on the street is Chris / Cycle Source and The Lot decision makers forced Pat out of The Lot and then had him black balled from Buffalo Chip. I hear all you guys talking about your “brothers” – is that any way to treat a brother?

24. 24 Chris Callen Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Hey Panrats,

You obviously know Pat since you are from his part of Ohio (ISP) so there is no point in playing tit for tat about this. Pat knows what he did and why we dissolved our dealings with him, it was business and if he wants to call me he has my number. Other than that I will respectfully ask everyone else to stay out of it unless you know the whole story.

25. 25 Taber Nash Jul 12th, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Just to let everyone know this isn’t between Chris Callen and Pat Patterson, this was a joint decision that was made by myself and Chris, the owners and originators of the Limpnickie Lot. We wish Pat the best on his endeavors but it was time for Pat to move on and do his own thing. We just want the Limpnickie Lot and the next generation of builders to keep growing, lets leave the drama behind. See you guys at the Chip! Feel free to shoot me and email or call me.

Taber Nash

26. 26 Taber Nash Jul 12th, 2011 at 4:00 pm

mistype…. feel free to shoot an email or call me anytime.

1. 1 Sturgis Bike Week. The Limpnickie Lot Set Up At The Buffalo Chip. | ProRidersMarketing Pingback on Jul 4th, 2011 at 8:16 am
Crusher