Full-Bore Sheet Metal. A New How-To Book By Bryan Fuller

No cool custom bike without at least some sheet metal fabrication. And it’s where many fail… Bryan Fuller, the owner of Fuller Hot Rods and also co-host of  “Two Guy’s Garage” on the Speed Channel, and Mark Prosser, a Certified Welding Expert (CWI/CWE) teacher, have been working during 2 years on this new book focusing on custom sheet metal shaping /fabrication techniques.

Bryan tells me that this is the first book in a series of custom fabrication “how-to” books that will be presented by the writing duo. The book is “infotaining”, packed with useful information, step by step real projects and many excellent full color pictures showing the building process from start to finish.  It a great tool for anyone interested in the custom industry on any level.  Written by shop guys for shop guys and enthusiasts alike.

If you are in the Black Hills for the Sturgis Rally you are invited to attend the release party Aug. 10th, 5:00 pm at the Garage Shop Fabricator’s Area between 4th and 5th St.’s on LaSalle next to the Lincoln Booth. The book will be available to order online at Fuller Hot Rods after the rally.

9 Responses to “Full-Bore Sheet Metal. A New How-To Book By Bryan Fuller”

1. 1 Kody W Aug 5th, 2011 at 9:46 am

I can’t wait to check out this book. I’ve seen the caliber of work Fuller does, and I’m sure this book will be killer!

2. 2 Kirk Perry Aug 5th, 2011 at 12:28 pm

imo, the only way to be hands-on is to stay hands-on. And, to stay hands-on and truly live-it and enjoy hands-on to the maximum benefit, you need specific tools for your purposes, even if you only use the tool occasionally.
    A real short-fall is having the tool and being so locked-in to the project, that you don’t stop, walk-over and put your hands on the tool that is meant for the task. This goes hand-in-hand with the mistake of “jumping in” to re-start working on a project without thinking about, and preparing in close proximity, the tools that you’re going to need. Every time I’ve done so, it’s wrecked something. It’s not easy maintaining mechanical discipline, that’s why a balanced diet, gobs of water and no alcohol works best for mechanics, imo.
    Congratulations on your collaboration. Have a great show. Videos are always appreciated. 🙂

3. 3 Toby Aug 5th, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Fuller was just featured on the season premier of Cafe Racer TV. It is being repeated during the week and I think available on Hulu if you missed it (two back to back episodes).

4. 4 Joe Mielke Aug 5th, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Oh give me a break! What a bunch of hacks!
    Ok maybe not…
    Bryan has a great team. Good bunch of guys. All very talented.
    Congratulations and hope you have a great rally!!
    Joe

5. 5 FXRocket Aug 6th, 2011 at 1:50 am

Another one to add to the Collection of Fabrication.

6. 6 FXRocket Aug 7th, 2011 at 2:43 pm

It seems I have a copycat posting on my behalf?

7. 7 Chopperjohn Aug 8th, 2011 at 8:32 am

Wish he had it on video. Like they say, if a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a thousand pictures.

8. 8 Willipmartinni Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I was lucky enough to have grown up on the Fournier metal fabrication handbooks and I am so excited to see Brian doing his best to make fabrication cool again.

9. 9 JONNY D Aug 29th, 2011 at 2:22 pm

It is a good book, informative, funny and keeps me interested and that’s hard to do sometimes. great pictures but most importantly these guy’s understand how to relate information in laymen’s terms. Definently reccomend it!