The Biker Chicz Of 2011 Sturgis Bike Week

They are much more than ladies enjoying motorcycling for the simple and unique pleasure of casual riding. They all embrace  other linked activities like racing, publishing, raising money for diverse charities, promoting the sport to other women, building motorcycles, painting them, engraving chrome or designing parts and gear conceived for them.

They are today the most influential women of our industry. 22 of them are featured in the best seller book  Biker Chicz of North America where you can read their compelling, intriguing, fascinating and inspirational stories. They are all beautiful for their intelligence, courage, tenacity, each of them having a very different life itinerary but leading them all to become bikers et to contribute to our sport.

Those present in Sturgis stopped by the gorgeous Native American Prairie Edge Gallery in Rapid City to meet with their fans and sign the book that Edward Winterhalder dedicated to them. Biker Chicz Of North America is an inspirational tale for all women who have thought about riding but never took action, but it is also a book that all male bikers should read to understand, appreciate and respect even more all female riders that they meet on or at the end of the road.

Those present on the picture are, from left to right: Cris Sommer Simmons, Meg McDonough, Gloria Tramontin Struck, Vicki Roberts-Sanfelipo (standing), Betsy Huelskamp, Pepper Massey (standing), Gevin FaxBy.

By respect to all those Biker Chicz who could not be present at the autograph session, I list all 22 featured in the book. They deserve it.

The 22 Biker Chicz: Cris Sommer-Simmons, Pepper Massey, Mandy Rossmeyer Campbell, Lucky Belcamino, Gevin Fax,  Becky Brown, Betsy Huelskamp, Gina Woods, Laura Klock, Deborah DiMiceli, Vicki Roberts Sanfelipo, , Sasha Mullins, Lorrie Penteluke, JoAnn Begey Bortles, Lauralee “Freedom” Conklin, Meg Mc Donough, Marilyn Elmore Bragg, Catherine Katmandu Palmer, Gloria Tramontin Struck, Banshee “The Lost Soul”, Andrea Perrino, Danni Stockley.

16 Responses to “The Biker Chicz Of 2011 Sturgis Bike Week”

1. 1 Kirk Perry Aug 13th, 2011 at 8:44 am

Whose the girl wearing the gray Motor Maids t-shirt?

I think I know her.

2. 2 Cyril Huze Aug 13th, 2011 at 8:49 am

Answer: Gloria Tramontin Struck.

3. 3 hk Aug 13th, 2011 at 9:13 am

cool stuff ,would like that book for my wife .

4. 4 Brandon Aug 13th, 2011 at 10:00 am

Cyril, the greatest supporter of female riders… Great ladies, I am sure.

5. 5 Shifter Aug 13th, 2011 at 11:24 am

Those are the ladies to know and to ride with. Nice pic, Cyril.

6. 6 bigitch Aug 13th, 2011 at 11:06 pm

wasn’t there a tv show a few years back about some of these ladies that traveled from the coast to sturgis >
    i think there was a lady who was a goth and played classical piano. it was on tlc or the discovery channel.

7. 7 ROGUE Aug 14th, 2011 at 8:09 am

You can not find a finer bunch of women anywhere and I am happy and proud tto know many of them.
    You will find out much more about them by reading the Biker Chickz book.

8. 8 bigalyts Aug 14th, 2011 at 9:44 am

Kirk Perry does not remember 1 night stands, I guess. Hey Cyril, just want you to know we are watching and there is nobody standing in the photo!@#$% PS. Where are the Women Riders that are hardly Clad little clothing? These are also Lady Riders that need to be seen and commended.

9. 9 Polly "Spanky" Boone Aug 14th, 2011 at 9:10 pm

I am proud to say that I personally know some of these ladies that are sister Motor Maids. They are an amazing group of women that have mapped the roads of America mile by mile on behalf of women everywhere that ride, thanks to you all, wish I could have made Sturgis and watched it happen. Love to all, “Spanky” Boone, Motor Maid

10. 10 Lisa Brouwer Aug 14th, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Just rode with these awesome women at the 1st Annual Biker Belles ride from Deadwood to the Buffalo Chip in Sturgis. They have all done great things to promote women riders and I’m proud to have spent the day with them! Half way through my Biker Chicz book and feel like I know them personally… Looking forward to riding with these fine women again!

11. 11 dragon Aug 15th, 2011 at 10:08 am

hey bigitch i seen the same program was a good one they need to do a new now

12. 12 Richie Finney, London Aug 15th, 2011 at 10:35 am

I met up with the delightful 86 year old Gloria in Sturgis after she had ridden all the way from New Jersey on her Heritage, at the other end of the spectrum I saw trailers containing bikes with South Dakota plates! Go figure!

13. 13 Debi Holmes Aug 18th, 2011 at 2:14 pm

What a beautiful pic of an amazing group of women!! I love the happiness!!

14. 14 burnout Aug 18th, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Respect for these ladies. peace

15. 15 Wiz Aug 19th, 2011 at 5:20 am

OK, OK, Ladies, yer ALL invited to run away to the Casba with me! Not an ugly one in the litter [‘cept maybe me]! I got a feminine side [I wuz born on Mother’s Day, fer cryin’ out loud] so we should get along just fine! No funny stuff though, I recently signed the papers on 31 years of marrige so I’m DONE with women/relationships, etc. Well, maybe we can just cuddle, what, is there about twenty of ya, Wow! what a CUDDLE that would be. Who’s got tha Mazzola? YUK-YUK!!! Wiz

16. 16 Reillys Reg'd (Rhona) Sep 4th, 2011 at 4:43 pm