Best Graphic Design Of The Year. Steve Jobs Tribute.

By 19-year old graphic design student Jonathan Mak Long of Hong Kong to honor Apple co-founder Steve Jobs.

(all what you read and watch here is conceived on Apple products)

21 Responses to “Best Graphic Design Of The Year. Steve Jobs Tribute.”

1. 1 Gary Oct 7th, 2011 at 8:54 pm

Awesome tribute in ultimate simplicity.

2. 2 Matt Oct 7th, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Been seeing this around a lot lately. Very simple yet poignant. Was wondering where it came from. Thanks.

3. 3 Freedomlaw Oct 8th, 2011 at 8:17 am

Genius is often the ability to simplify the complex. Very powerful image. Thanks Cyril for sharing this.

4. 4 Larry R Oct 8th, 2011 at 10:25 am

Thanks Cyril! I didn’t know until last night that Steve was an atheist, pot smoking, hippie who had been fired by corporations for not liking their policies. I found this interesting. Just reporting what I learned.

5. 5 Cyril Huze Oct 8th, 2011 at 10:40 am

Larry. Also buddhist, vegetarian and of course genius.

6. 6 Mike Infanzon Oct 8th, 2011 at 10:47 am

Three apples that changed the world…

Eve’s, Newton’s and Steve’s.

The one thing we can learn from Jobs is that he didn’t invent anything new, just took a concept and made it workable in design, aesthetics and practicality. Creativity at it’s best. In our industry, who is pushing the envelope like that? Take a few risks… be an apple.

7. 7 Olive Oil Oct 8th, 2011 at 10:50 am

I have been using Apple computer equipment for so many years for photography work. What this man has done for the computer industry is too amazing. I am only hoping his successors are able to keep up with Jobs genius. He will be in the record books along with Edison, Bell, Einstein for many years to come. Just so happy and proud I was able to use a small part of his genius for my work. Rest in peace Steve.

8. 8 fuji Oct 8th, 2011 at 11:29 am

And a bike rider. Motorcyclists.

9. 9 Cyril Huze Oct 8th, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Riding a BMW because he admired German precision and engineering.

10. 10 Patrick Oct 8th, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Try a Mac and you will never come back (to a PC)

11. 11 Motorcycle Marc Oct 8th, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Very appropriate design of the Apple. RIP Mr. Jobs. You were simply amazing. And, very impressed that you were able to keep your family life private despite your amazingness. Your genius will be missed.

12. 12 Cris Sommer Simmons Oct 8th, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Harley Women Magazine ( for which I was co-publisher/editor many moons ago) was done on a Mac starting back in 1986. I’ve had one ever since. That little machine changed our lives… Thank you Steve!

13. 13 Kustoms and Choppers Oct 8th, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Its an amazing tribute. RIP Steve Jobs thanks for your work.

14. 14 David Oct 8th, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Wow I didn’t now he was a BMW rider ! Although I do know about German precision…I own an 1999 Audi A6 with 261,000 miles on it that I put on it myself.

Great Job Steve and RIP. we will all miss your genius.

SSDD; David

15. 15 Mad dog Oct 8th, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Good work Jonathan, Steve was a rebel who thought different and changed the world.

Here’s to the crazy ones.

16. 16 Walt Lumpkin Oct 9th, 2011 at 1:58 pm

He didn’t create a product he created an industry (the personal computer) and turned another (the cellphone) on its head. His quest for the answers to “why not…?” and “how do we…?” never wained. A truly unique mind.

17. 17 new york myke Oct 10th, 2011 at 8:56 am

Thanks for the tribute! We live in an amazing time where things are evolving at lightspeed and with genius all around us. With all that is being done, created, invented and developed that one person can stand out as Steve Jobs does is incredible. The loss is as big as his gift!!0mo

18. 18 DUHL Oct 10th, 2011 at 9:11 am

WOW! Nice work J…………As Right Brain Mystic Art types, we have always had Apple products, Hundreds of them over the years……they were designed for us.
    I actually met steve in Aspen back when he first introduced the line, I have not met another like him since
    … profoundly inspirational. Thanks Cyril

19. 19 Genevieve Schmitt Oct 10th, 2011 at 11:50 am

Thanks for sharing this — I had not seen it. Steve Jobs was a genius. I’m sad he’s gone. I’m hoping we’ll find out he shared his story, or more of his ideas to someone before passing on.

20. 20 zyon Oct 10th, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Was waiting for the Monorail at the Contemporary Resort in Disney when I noticed the flags at half-staff. Took me a few minutes to figure out what had happened. I’m a big Mac/Apple user so this is sad for me. Also a big Disney person due to my wife… so it’s a bit sadder for me.

21. 21 Steve S Oct 10th, 2011 at 8:02 pm

The best designs are always the simplest, a timeless tribute to an incredible innovator.