Custom Helmet Case

Funny that I decided to write this post because a friend of mine told me this morning that there is not such a thing as a helmet case, only helmet bags! Who needs one? Evidently those obliged or choosing to wear a helmet and among them probably quite a few touring bikers. Made to protect your helmet when it’s not protecting you, this Custom Helmet Case is a great way to carry, store and protect any size street helmet, a safe helmet storage in your garage or bringing an extra helmet on the bike. It’s also a “museum quality” protection for helmet collectors or helmets with expensive custom paint jobs.

Soft, non-scratching inner liner · Protects helmets from drops, hits, scratches. Fresh Air Venting System allows airflow to the inside of your helmet. Carry handle, D-rings and removable back pack straps included, so it’s easy to carry on your bike. Molded leather grain design. MSRP $79.95. At Saddlemen Motorcycle Seats And Luggage.

10 Responses to “Custom Helmet Case”

1. 1 Dave Blevins Oct 19th, 2011 at 8:36 am

Protects your helmet from drops, hits, and scratches? A helmet for your helmet, so to speak… I suppose people will buy anything.
    Side note: twice in my life I have broken a motorcycle helmet, both times from falling off my sissy bar, when the bike was parked! Both were DOT approved lids. I only wear a helmet now while riding in states that have helmet laws, and have done so for over 20 years.

2. 2 Rob Campbell Oct 19th, 2011 at 8:53 am

Fashion accessorization extreme.

3. 3 bigalyts Oct 19th, 2011 at 11:56 am

Who is going to buy a Case that cost more then 90% of all the Skid Lids out there?

4. 4 Toby Oct 19th, 2011 at 12:19 pm

I had a case 15 or so years ago which I think was made by Honda. It had a locking mechanism that attached to the crash bar (or sissy bar), and kept the helmet (an expensive Arai at the time) from being pilfered. D-ring locks are still around but those expensive visors can often go missing. Not sure what happened to the case…it went missing. 😉

5. 5 unknown Oct 19th, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Is this really needed??

6. 6 Fausto Oct 19th, 2011 at 6:56 pm

This is a great idea!
    It will keep all those FTW…etc stickers from getting damaged!

7. 7 LeftTenant Oct 20th, 2011 at 6:25 am

Spyder has had a great case for years–my teen’s helmet looks shiny new and THE CASE has been dropped many times.

8. 8 EvoJoe Oct 20th, 2011 at 7:10 am

PT Barnum was right.

9. 9 Kroeter Oct 20th, 2011 at 9:55 am

So Dave, the helmet you put on your skull to ride through certain states will break from a short fall off your sissy bar. I’m so glad our lawmakers are concerned about our health & welfare, ha ha.

10. 10 Scott Oct 20th, 2011 at 6:34 pm

ScorpionExo has offered a hard case for years. All the same great features as above but for $59.95 and it fits most DOT, ECE, Snell street helmets. They also offer a case for dirt helmets.

Crusher