Breakfast In Paris

I just arrived in Paris for a one week stay in France (half private, half business) and during this time I will be traveling to each corner of the Hexagon (the name natives call France because of the country’s hexagonal shape). As always, Gods of Wi-Fi permitting, I will continue to update you on time with the latest motorcycle news and maybe, as a bonus, a few pictures of my trip.

So, after the 9 hours night jump from Miami to Paris, I just landed at 8 am at Paris Charles De Gaulle where the smell of coffee & croissants tortured me so much that I decided to spend one more hour inside the giant glass and concrete airport (waiters are so slow…) just to get my first real French breakfast in a long time (I passed the one in the plane…) Warning to those visiting. It costs a fortune (translated in devaluated US dollars) and your breakfast will be 1/4th the size of an American one. Well, for the price, I enjoyed even more…

Now ready to jump in a cab for the morning rush bumper to bumper ride to my downtown Paris hotel. But first, let’s see if I can upload this post from my breakfast table. TTLY (talk to you later)

21 Responses to “Breakfast In Paris”

1. 1 Seymour Nov 11th, 2011 at 7:38 am

Grab a Nutella and Banana crepe Cyril!!!!

2. 2 Shifter Nov 11th, 2011 at 7:41 am

Cyril. Watch out. You gonna gain weight.

3. 3 Pierre Nov 11th, 2011 at 8:30 am

Welcome in France Cyril!

4. 4 alfy Nov 11th, 2011 at 10:19 am

Wait until you taste fresh butter pastries from a real boulangerie; these airport croissants will taste like cardboard compare to those. Watch out for the liver: my wife learned the hard way.

5. 5 BERTRAND Nov 11th, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Bienvenue Cyril ! ! ! Si tu passes par Toulouse tu es le bien venu ! ! ! ! ! !

6. 6 Toby Nov 11th, 2011 at 12:29 pm

You think breakfast was expensive…how about that cab ride into the city! Public transportation in Paris is good. Try it.

7. 7 john reed Nov 11th, 2011 at 12:50 pm

I just thought about sitting with my wife at my favorite little cafe in Boulevard San Michelle first thing in the morning eating une croissant avec chocolate, and for a very short time I missed Europe.

8. 8 Kirk Perry Nov 11th, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Wow… that’s a wide body jet. A new 778 air-bus?

Double-express. Straight-up. A layer of perfect brown scum (froth). The airport puts out a nice spread. Sometimes a croissant contains a strip of chocolate.

The tiny straw is good. A lemon peel twist-and-drop is an option.

A single cube of raw-cane sugar is good (unstirred). The last sip is sweet and can be chased with water to balance out the nick-nick. 🙂

9. 9 Watson Nov 11th, 2011 at 1:53 pm

Still gotta love being able to update this quality of communication via smartphone. Thanks for making the world a little bit smaller and taking me outta mine!

10. 10 john reed Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Cher Cyril,
    Si tu as l’occasion, vas manger des “moules-frites” et trinques a notre sante avec un bon verre de vin du pays.
    Genny Reed

11. 11 Carolyn Tomas-Kiwi Indian Motorcycles Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:32 pm

Have a wonderufl trip to France.

12. 12 chicagojohn Nov 11th, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Cyril, I will be in Paris next week, can you recomend a antique motocycle mueseum to visit while I’m there, thanks

13. 13 Cyril Huze Nov 11th, 2011 at 6:47 pm

John, I don’t think there is any in Paris. Enjoy the city where I was born.

14. 14 Olive Oil Nov 11th, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Please go to Cimetiere Pere Lachaise and say hi to my old friend Jim Morrison. Take a joint & wine he would appreciate it.

15. 15 Wiz Nov 12th, 2011 at 4:29 am

Par le vous, Hubba-Hubba!! Itche-kitche Ya-Ya! My mother’s maiden name was Geneva Jeanette DuBrall, if that ain’t French I’ll eat yer berette!!! Wiz

16. 16 Steve Kelly Nov 12th, 2011 at 5:31 am

Enjoy France, the weather has been great so far for the time of year. I was sat in the sun drinking cold beer yesterday thinking it was more like Spring than November. Do your travels bring you to Aveyron?

17. 17 Sasha Nov 12th, 2011 at 9:10 am

My dream to tour France! Cyril do celebrate your time home!!!!

Eat, tour, shop, visit!

Be Merry!

18. 18 roscoe Nov 12th, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Enjoy your trip, Cyril.

Any word on a new release from Victory on Dec. 9th?

19. 19 Pepper Massey Nov 12th, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Breakfast in Paris. Perfection.
    S’il vous plaît, asseyez-vous dans un café et profiter d’un beau verre de vin pour moi.
    Puis étreindre un arbre;)
    Poivre

20. 20 nicker Nov 12th, 2011 at 9:24 pm

RE:
    “…Warning to those visiting. It costs a fortune…”

Yes, if you call the 16 euros (1.4:1) we pied for 2 bottles of coka cola in the Meridian Hotel two weeks ago a fortune……….. 🙁

First time i ever saw my wife turn down a Coke refill….. 🙂

-nicker-

21. 21 Philippe Danh Nov 14th, 2011 at 6:26 pm

Ha ha, welcome back to France Cyril…the overprice capital of the whole world…and capital of crappy service, even to fellow french people, not just to tourists.
    Get outta there quick and enjoy some friendly countryside cuisine and fresh air (expect for the darn omnipresent diesels). France sure ain’t what it used to be…Bon voyage !