Skull Crush Carbon Fiber Helmets

Some cool helmets to make you want to wear one even if you are not legally obliged to. Made in the USA by hand, on order, unlike novelty helmets made in China on an assembly line, they are made of a 50/50 blend of Carbon Fiber and Kevlar 29 (ballistic quality) with woven and mat fiberglass. The resin is a high strength vinylester which combined with the material at an exact resin to fiber ratio making the helmet incredibly strong.

Liner is made of a material called Ensolite, an energy absorbing foam originally developed by NASA to protect pressure vessels from damage. It has virtually 100% memory and is waterproof. This foam is much more impact resistant compared to the common foam liners used in most helmets. The shell is one size fits all. Your helmet will include three sets of sizing pads of different thickness to create the perfect custom fit just for you. For a strap connection, you have a choice of either steel D-Rings or a Military Spec Quick Disconnect. Paint finish is of a high-end automotive quality. Skull Crush Gear.

12 Responses to “Skull Crush Carbon Fiber Helmets”

1. 1 Harry Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:47 am

Very cool.

2. 2 Boss Hawg Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:54 am

Good looking lids.

Now the tests of time and, of course, our good buddy’s MG’s comments.

Boss Hawg

3. 3 Kev156 Dec 6th, 2011 at 10:55 am

Yeah but are they dot approved?

4. 4 BrotherTiberius Dec 6th, 2011 at 11:10 am

They are not DOT approved per their website.

5. 5 Boomer Dec 6th, 2011 at 11:50 am

A quick search on ebay can take care of that pesky DOT sticker requirement. They are big enough to be DOT and look tough enough. Too bad they only come in one size. If they made them smaller for smaller heads I think it would look more natural. Right now only people with XXL heads will look right in them in my opinion. Kinda defeats the purpose of Carbon helmets.

They do look to be well made and strong though. I wish them success.

6. 6 Toby Dec 6th, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Curious about the Ensolite. Memory foam is heavy and hot. Hope it isn’t like that.

7. 7 rob Dec 6th, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Looks very similar to Headtrip helmets.

8. 8 tejasandre Dec 6th, 2011 at 2:39 pm

is it the same folks that went out of business with headtrip?

9. 9 PJ Hyland. Dec 6th, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I live and ride in a helmet-manditory state, CA. Novelty helmets slide to the back of my head. I’ve been told that, at a glance, it looks like I’m not wearing a helmet at all. I got tired of being pulled over and lectured to by some over-officious cop, every other month, but I didn’t want to suffer the bulk and the weight of a DOT bucket. I discovered that an outfit called Daytona Helmets uses different shell sizes to accommodate different head sizes. For a little more than $50 I purchased their smallest DOT shell size, intended for X-small to small heads. It’s 10 1/4 inches by 8/12 inches and it’s quite shallow. It weighs 23 oz. that’s only 7 oz more than my novelty bucket. Then I removed the interior padding and used coarse sand paper to rout out the Styrofoam to fit my XL gourd. Then I replaced the padding. Voila! A small, light tolerable helmet with a legit (painted on) DOT endorsement. Because I resent wearing one of these vile instruments of cranial oppression, I choose to de-emphasize its profile to the extent possible. That’s why I find the flat black model without visor snaps to be the least of available evils.

10. 10 Tim Dec 7th, 2011 at 7:45 am

Interesting, the question is asked if they meet DOT and the comment is just pick up a fake sticker. I wonder if it was a bright shiny part for your bike if you would be that unconcerned about quality. “Well it is bright and shiny but the chrome sometimes comes off, just spray it with fake chrome and it will look good at 70.” A helmet is a safety item. If you don’t want to wear one that is ok, I for many years did not (20+). Today is another story since I made a decision to wear on I can count the number of times in the past 2 yrs I have not worn one(3 rides) I have my reasons to wear one just like you have yours not to-ain’t freedom great!!! But if you are going to wear a lid wear a good one. The slide back problem the guy was having can be easily fixed, wear a 3/4 or open face the extra coverage keeps the lid from rocking back on your head. I had that problem with 1/2 and novelty lids and since I switched to a 3/4 even at triple digits the 3/4 does not slide back. Oh buy the way I wear the best helmet I can afford and Arai open face. After buying a 2012 FLTRX (Bike # 8, HD #6) $500 to protect my brain seamed like a fair deal.

11. 11 Olive Oil Dec 7th, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Just get one of those DOT stickers on ebay and stick it on your forehead. Your skull will be safe from the pavement impact.

12. 12 HDRYDER Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Are these guys the same company as advanced carbon composites? They went out of business after being court ordered to refund everyone’s money that had purchased helmets that were supposedly DOT.

Crusher