Advanced Helmet Lighting Looking For Backup Funding.

A new business venture named Bike-Link proposes this add-on Helmet-Unit providing customized wireless left, right, brake, hazard, running, and reverse signals on helmets for greater visibility, style, and safety. The Helmet-Unit attaches to the helmet using a strong, weatherproof rubber adhesive pad. The system works by connecting the provided transmitter to the motorcycle’s wiring harness. Simply follow the color guide of your specific make and model, and attach the corresponding labeled wire clamps on the BikeLink transmitter. If you want to use the factory preset functions and colors, then you are all set right out of the box. For more personalized settings, use the BikeLink APP on your smartphone. You can back this startup at Bike-Link with a pledge starting at $109 funding giving you 1 complete BikeLink (package includes unit, wall charger, transmitter, base unit for 1 helmet, shipping included) Watch the demonstration video after the jump.

12 Responses to “Advanced Helmet Lighting Looking For Backup Funding.”

1. 1 J. Martinez Jul 12th, 2012 at 9:01 am

It can sell…to the Sportbike crowd.

2. 2 Chris Jul 12th, 2012 at 9:51 am

After I yanked all the signals and horns and chrome and belt guards and “unnecessary” junk off my bike I realized they might be useful. When riding at night in black leathers I rely solely on the tail/break light and my arm (clad in black leather, imperceptable to cars coming from behind me at night) to alert my turns.

If this unit can be turned off and on remotely without having to wire into the bike (there’re only about 4 wires left) it just might be useful for a chump like me. More importantly, It might bring some peace to my wife who, after riding behind me late one night, insists that I’m nearly invisible and that the single tail/brake light is deceptive to depth perception.

3. 3 BobS Jul 12th, 2012 at 12:01 pm

I like the idea, wouldn’t mind seeing it paired down to something a little smaller. Kinda looks like a big led collar.

4. 4 FXDX Jul 12th, 2012 at 12:38 pm

Yeah, this will look good with my cup holder, ipod holder, radar detector, neon on the engine, Blh blah blah. WTF is this? Really?????

5. 5 Joe Phillipson Jul 12th, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Bike-Kink is a great idea. I am sure you can get funding for this item. Ding Batts like FXDS think they will live forever and take all the things that keep them safe off their bike. However after they are hit in the rear end just once they seem to have a different point of view.

6. 6 industry guy Jul 12th, 2012 at 10:00 pm

safety first!!!

7. 7 Rogue Jul 13th, 2012 at 6:15 am

To each his own BUT It Is Not Something I Would Buy.

8. 8 Shaz Jul 13th, 2012 at 8:58 am

oh yeah, because I have been searching for a reverse light too. Does it come with the TRON suit and a flight navigator at each corner to wave you through. Looks like a shock collar to me

9. 9 Rodent Jul 13th, 2012 at 9:34 am

Nice device but how does a non helmet wearing rider use it?

10. 10 BobS Jul 13th, 2012 at 9:59 am

Rodent, that makes about as much sense as a gay guy wearing a wife beater. Are you really asking how someone with no regard for safety equipment uses a piece of safety equipment? I suppose I would look cool with that thing glued to my bald head wearing nothing but flip flops and a banana hammock riding around though eh? Lol…

11. 11 Rodent Jul 13th, 2012 at 10:58 am

Bobs, yeah attach it to your bald head with non-stick tape! By the way, don’t anybody use hand signals anymore? You could have LEDs in your left glove that light up when you signal.

12. 12 tejasandre Jul 13th, 2012 at 11:58 am