Bell Star Carbon Fiber Helmet Beauty

Are you ready to drop $650 (+ tax) on a helmet? If yes, no doubt you will look very cool and ride your bike at higher speed with this very aerodynamic/splitting the air and light weight 100% carbon fiber shell helmetl. This Bell Star Carbon black beauty is designed to minimize buffeting and lift. It features Bell’s Velocity Flow Ventilation with “FlowAdjus” for amazing ventilation and temperature control. Available in five different colors. At Bell Helmets.

16 Responses to “Bell Star Carbon Fiber Helmet Beauty”

1. 1 Rodent Oct 10th, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Where is it manufactured? USA?

2. 2 Patrick Oct 10th, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Looks cool until you read the price!

3. 3 Dave Oct 10th, 2012 at 4:58 pm

If you do track days or regularly go over 100 MPH on the street the bell star is hard to beat.

4. 4 leslie Oct 10th, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Wow this is a beauty of a helmet I was almost sold on it until I went and checked out the colors. Why can’t they make just one that is more femalish? They could have added some pinks, purples, light blues something to make one of them more femine. I’m also with Rodent where is it manufactured at?

5. 5 Brandon Oct 10th, 2012 at 5:35 pm

If you are a sexy lady, black is your color, not pink

6. 6 Paul Jr Oct 10th, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Holy god 650 bucks?!?!?! nahhh i don’t think so…

7. 7 Blackmax Oct 10th, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Not much for full face helmets & the cost is prohibitive
    But it is a beauty !!!!!

8. 8 BobS Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:14 pm

If its a helmet I can wear for an 800 mile long day without giving me a headache then the cost is practically irrelevant. I find it funny when guys drop 35 grand on a CVO but thinks 350.00 is an expensive helmet. A little bit less wind noise and a few ounces lighter are well worth a couple hundred dollars for a long distance lid. Just from looking at the pictures though the vents and spoiler on this helmet appear to be for a head forwar/down position like a sport or sport tour bike. I’d like to check one out in person to be sure but I think one designed for an upright cruiser or tour bike would be a better market.

9. 9 Dirty Motorcycle Adventures Oct 11th, 2012 at 12:13 am

I just did a huge motorcycle review. And truthfully, I didn’t review any helmet under $400. It is your HEAD! Looking cool is awesome too, but usually more expensive helmets are expensive for a reason. They give you better protection!

This one looks especially nice 🙂

10. 10 FHP Scott Oct 11th, 2012 at 8:45 am

how much is your head worth?

11. 11 bobx Oct 11th, 2012 at 8:45 am

thats a great helmet. ive got one and although i usually wear it on my sport bike, i have ridden with it on my harley and it works just as well there. also, i paid no where near 650 for mine, so if youre interested, shop around and deals are out there.

12. 12 Kroeter Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:43 am

It’s their premium line that competes with Shoei and Arai whose helmets go for over $800. And no, they are not USA-made. You won’t find many that are.

13. 13 CafeSportyTC Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:49 am

I’d buy it if i had the scratch

14. 14 TopCat Oct 11th, 2012 at 11:49 am

I know the gentleman who designed this and he is responsible for many of the helmets you see in the market today. I have never met a more conscientious person as it comes to rider safety. Easton owns bell they design and develop the core of their product right here in California. The interiors are excellent and the innovations such as magnetically mounted cheek pads are a plus as they can be easily removed in case of an accident so your head can be easily extracted. Unfortunately their are essentially no helmets of note being produced in the USA.

TC

15. 15 Tobby Oct 12th, 2012 at 12:32 am

For a primer on helmet design and efficacy visit Arai or Shoei’s website and learn why a proper fitting helmet constructed of materials (fiberglass is still considered the best) that actually flex and give way (carbon fiber is rock solid) are the best protection. It’s all about absorbing G-shock spikes and spreading that load over the thicker parts of the skull. There is an astounding amount of engineering that goes into these products which is why they are so expensive.

16. 16 Reyn Mansson Oct 12th, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Bell had an ad back in the 60s/70’s, “If you have a $10 head, wear a $10 helmet”

I got my first full-coverage helmet in 1972, a bright orange Bell Star. I haven’t worn anything but full coverage since. Mostly Arai, but also Simpsons [Darth Vader], shoei and some from Europe life the ROOF. I simply can’t imagine not wearing the highest quality helmet and not wearing full face. And while we are on that subject, I can not believe most people only have one helmet and wear it day after day. That’s like wearing the same pair of shoes or the same pants every day. Just a bit nasty.