Gerry Bruce Resigns As Custom Chrome VP Of Operations

Gerry Bruce the current VP of Operations for Custom Chrome has decided to step away from his current position and not relocate his family to California. His last day with the company will be November 2, 2012.  However, he will remain as a consultant through the month of November and possibly longer to complete this transition.

“Gerry has been very instrumental in the improved business model that has poised the company for future success; however he also has family in the Northeast that has influenced him greatly in this decision to step away from his current role. “We appreciate all of Gerry’s contributions to CCI and will miss seeing and having him as a part of our team but would like to wish him and his family the best in their future endeavors” KC Cho stated.

Gerry stated “this is certainly one of the toughest decisions I have been faced with. Although my family has the highest level of support it is still a decision we were faced with and had to make.  I feel like 2012 was a very important year for CCI and we accomplished many things. I will always have a deep passion and respect for this company and the entire staff.  I requested they understand and respect my decision and I am glad to say they have done this in CCI fashion. I am leaving on good terms and will continue to support CCI throughout this process.  I would like to thank all of the customers and vendors for their outstanding support, after all it is the employees, vendors and dealers that will continue to be the driving force which will make CCI successful in the future.  CCI has many long term employees and will conduct business as usual throughout this transition; I would like to personally wish each and every one of them many years of success at CCI.”

Mike Helms has been promoted to Director of Sales & Marketing. Mike Helms has been with the company for 15 years and has held numerous positions throughout his career and is looking forward to this new opportunity. John Gomez current Marketing Manager along with Kelly Bowers current Sales Manager will report to Mike Helms. Other reporting changes are as follows: Theresa Rayner current Purchasing Manager along with Bill McClure current Logistics Manager will report to KC Cho. Jolene Ramirez current Finance Manager, Human Resources and IT will report to David Jeong whom is the current CFO for CCI.

CCI is looking forward to a successful 2013 and will kick off the year with the 43rd edition of the Custom Chrome Catalog.

7 Responses to “Gerry Bruce Resigns As Custom Chrome VP Of Operations”

1. 1 Lonny Oct 26th, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Mr. Mike Helms,, Congratulation on the New position !! You have worked hard for CCi for many years and
    they rewarded you for that effort. I’m very happy for you.

2. 2 Joe Cree Oct 26th, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Wow, nice job Mike. Good to see you moving up in the world of CCI. I’m sure the new job comes with new…..um….challenges? Good luck with that.

3. 3 Mike Marquart Oct 26th, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Mike, I am happy to hear of your appointment. It has been a while since the good ol days! Good Luck and Hi Lonny!

4. 4 deadwood1783 Oct 27th, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I would sincerely like to see CCI make a major comeback. A major cash infusion and a lot of hard work along with a little luck and less regulation on small business would be a huge start.. I’d like to see our industry and the economy in general come roaring back next year. Maybe its “irrational exuberance” but I feel optimistic about the coming year. I’ve heard from some major players that they are just waiting to see how the election turns out to decide whether to ramp up or scale back. Its a shame politics has such a major impact on planning for the future. But you have to make your projections on as many known factors as possible whether your a major player or a small mom & pop .It makes no sense to me for our own reprentavies to regulate American business out of business. Good luck CCI, and to the rest of us in this industry I have been privelidged to be a part of for nearly 29 years. Never give up and keep moving onward and upward. Regardless of how the election turns out, I am planning for success. But even in my own planning, my spring stocking order already has a Plan A, and a Plan B. I always try an paralell track my business planning so if one plan isn’t working I can quickly shift to the other. And I might add this approach has served me well over the years. Moral of all this. always bet on yourself. Never, ever, under any circumstances bet on the government to help. As President Reagan once quipped; The scariest thing a government worker can say to a citizen is. “I’m from the government and I’m here to help”. Scary hell, thats terrifying!

5. 5 Steelchoppin Oct 28th, 2012 at 8:17 pm

If CCI wants to make a comeback they need do only 2 things:

1-Bring back full time road reps

2-Stop putting shit in their catalog that they cannot deliver

6. 6 Victor Oct 29th, 2012 at 9:55 am

Congrats Mike!! Well deserved. As for Gerry, I’m sure you will be missed. I’ve heard great things with some vendors and look forward to working with you all in 2013.

cheers.

7. 7 Sluggo Oct 29th, 2012 at 10:44 am

Some of the smart ones have already seen the writing on the wall to where CCI is going. Others will hang on until the end since there is nowhere else to go yet.