Corbin Custom Seats For The Victory High-Ball

hiball11hiball22hiball33They are called the “Young Gun”, the “Hollywood Solo” and the “Dual Tour” seats. Conceived specifically for the Victory High Ball, a model that deserves more after-market custom parts.

Offered in genuine leather (standard on Hollywood Solo) or optional and are ergonomically designed seating for maximum weight dispersion. Each seating area is sculpted for proper weight distribution which allows long range capability. On the inside, Corbin’s exclusive Comfort Cell® foam material gives firm support that conforms to your body.

As an added bit of luxury, the Dual Tour offers the option of electric seat heaters for those chilly morning rides and removable backrests in both front and rear. At Corbin Seats.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

20 Responses to “Corbin Custom Seats For The Victory High-Ball”

1. 1 Dave Blevins Jul 6th, 2013 at 8:41 am

I’ve tried to warm up to the Victory bikes, but they are just so ugly. Really, I’m not trying to be mean… they are are just oddly shaped (not in a good way). All of them. Having worked on them a little, they seem to be mechanically solid, and sound O.K., but are not well proportioned, kinda like Volvo cars… clunky looking and boxy. The fuel tank and swingarm especially so. Perhaps in a few years an aftermarket filled with nice looking custom parts will emerge for the Victory, not just foot pegs but tanks, fenders, wheels, and pipes.
    For now though, it will take much more than a Corbin seat to knock the ugly off this bike.
    I am hoping to see something nice looking with the new Polaris Indian, for now I have given up on the Victory.

2. 2 Mike Jul 6th, 2013 at 9:57 am

Thanks Dave for your opinion based on personal taste.

I just got off the phone with the CEO of Polaris. They have decided to shut down the entire Victory line, and re-tool the factory in Iowa in order to make the bikes look more like Harleys. I asked him why? The CEO said it was because Dave Blevins didn’t like the way Victorys look.

3. 3 roscoe Jul 6th, 2013 at 11:44 am

I had a good job working at Victory building American bikes, but they closed down the factory and now only sell re-badged Harleys because Dave Blevins didn’t like they way the Victorys looked.

Thanks to Dave, my kids won’t get any Christmas presents this year.

4. 4 Woody's Jul 6th, 2013 at 12:01 pm

I agree with Dave, and I see nothing in his comments mentioning Harley. Isn’t just possible to not like the looks of something because ya don’t like the looks?

5. 5 BobS Jul 6th, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I don’t like the looks of lots of things, but I realize a lot of people do. But, I come from a bygone era where if you didn’t have anything nice to say you shut the fuck up. I have a very favorable opinion of Victory’s styling, and unless some guy specifically asks I refrain from telling guys with ugly bikes that they are in fact ugly.

6. 6 Terence Tory Jul 6th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

The High-Ball is the best looking bike I have seen on the road in many years.It creates an impression and does not trigger the “not another one!” notion.

7. 7 Hockey pucker Jul 6th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I knew Dave was bias when he picked on the Gas Tank, it’s the best looking Factory Tank in the business. I hate the lack of a smooth transition between the Tank and Seat on my FLHX.

8. 8 BobS Jul 6th, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Oh and Dave, the aftermarket for these things are full of fenders, wheels, and pipes. Plus a bunch of other stuff. You might be the first person I’ve heard call out the tank and swingarm though. Those seem to be everyone else’s favorite parts. I do prefer the swingarm powder coated to match the bodywork though.

9. 9 Icrashalot Jul 6th, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Corbin has been selling those seats for the Vegas based Vic’s for years. Nothing new here. I had the Hollywood solo on my Kingpin.

Mustang on the other hand just released a pair of seats for the Victory Cross Country/Cross Roads/Hard Ball and I am looking forward to mine arriving this week. Should make my Cross Roads almost perfect for me.

10. 10 Dave Blevins Jul 7th, 2013 at 8:17 am

As a motorcycle mechanic/builder for over 20 years, I have worked on many.
    As a machine shop owner and parts designer for 20 years, I have solved issues on many.
    As a rider for nearly 40 years, I have ridden many.
    I will not apologize for having an opinion, or for having good taste.

For those thinking that Polaris could care less about my, or anyone else’s opinion, you should consider this… Why have they purchased the Indian name, designed a new flagship motorcycle which will look NOTHING like the bike in this article?

11. 11 BobS Jul 7th, 2013 at 8:48 am

Because some people like chocolate, some like vanilla.

12. 12 morpion Jul 7th, 2013 at 8:49 am

with a corbin seat or with his original seat,,,it will stay always ugly,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

13. 13 Mike Jul 7th, 2013 at 10:41 am

Dave, I am so glad you have good taste. Enjoy your Harley, as I expect in your mind that is the only bike that will do.

14. 14 Seymour Jul 7th, 2013 at 12:06 pm

LOL well it’s good to see that Victory has its “fans” like Harley fans now I guess!

15. 15 Matt W. Jul 8th, 2013 at 9:11 am

Seymour: Hehe, some how us Americans just can’t wrap our heads around the idea of having more than one American motorcycle company yet.

We’ll figure it out eventually though ;).

16. 16 Duke Jul 8th, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I can understand taking pop shots at some of the Victory’s styling, cough, Vision, cough. But the High Ball? This is the best thing they’ve done in YEARS. Come on Dave!

17. 17 CafeSportyTC Jul 8th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Highball with the young gun saddle.. beautiful, now change the headlight to something more to my PERSONAL liking and the bars to something much lower and to me, beautiful bike. cruisers are like hot rods, no one styling is going to fit the next guys tastes….

18. 18 Blackmax Jul 8th, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I like the High Ball, always have since my first test ride in Sturgis
    Told the girlfriend, “If I buy this one, you can “up” the life insurance
    because this bike is WAY TOO MUCH FUN !!!!!!!
    Yeah I’d change a few things, but to offence to Corbin,
    but I think I’l wait & see what Saddlemen and Mustang bring out for this bike.
    First one doesn’t look too bad though, because for this bike, it is a one seater/ bar hopper
    And everyone. please leave Dave B. alone…
    Not that he needs me to defend him but he is more than entitled to his opinion

19. 19 burnout Jul 9th, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I am with Dave Blevins on this topic. I never discourage a customer from buying one BUT I tell them to test ride,test ride, test ride before committing. peace

20. 20 Duke Jul 11th, 2013 at 11:53 am

Dave is entitled to his opinion, and we’re entitled to call it stupid. God bless America :)

Vic’s definitely have their own unique look, which is good and bad. They definitely don’t look like Harley clones anymore, but not everyone likes their style. To each his own.