New Corbin Trunk Box For 2014 Indian Chieftain

indian-corbin-1Corbin engineers took one look at the new Indian Chieftain and immediately went to work to desig a new spacious Trunk Box to look like an extension of the factory bodywork. It features 47 liters of storage, enough to hold a full face street helmet with room to spare and is fully lockable with a lined interior and color matched exterior. It includes a passenger backrest pad and armrests covered in genuine leather and is sold with polished aluminum struts and rack for simple installation (instructions provided)

indian-corbin-2This Corbin’s Trunk Box for Indian Chieftain is constructed of polyurethane material which is extremely durable and strong. However, it’s NEVER a good idea to load heavy items in a motorcycle trunk.

By nature, trunks ride high and too far rearward to handle weight properly. As such, you should reserve this space for lighter, bulky items like helmets, rain suits and laptops. Although it may withstand greater weights, Corbin recommends a maximum load of 10 pounds. More info at 800-538-7035 or at Corbin Seats.

Zipper's Kits For New Bikes

17 Responses to “New Corbin Trunk Box For 2014 Indian Chieftain”

1. 1 Mr.Defo Feb 26th, 2014 at 9:27 am

That looks really clean. Makes me want an Indian even more!

2. 2 cafesportytc Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:34 am

just looks awkward to me, like a pod hanging out in the middle of no where…. but that’s my opinion.

3. 3 Terence Tory Feb 26th, 2014 at 11:49 am

cafesportytc,I’d have to agree.Too high,and even though all the curves and effects relate to the Chieftain’s own design brief they don’t work visually here IMHO.

4. 4 Jimmy Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:47 pm

I just threw up in my mouth.That seat is hideous and Indians just have no appeal to me. Maybe I’m not the right age bracket for them… I can have an opinion, too.

5. 5 Gerald Feb 26th, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Orange seat on red bike. The worst colors together. Corbin has bad taste?

6. 6 Steve The Hog Radio Show producer Feb 26th, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Nice looking extra space for those who want to take a long trip on their Indian Chief. Mike and his crew are always ahead of the curve.

As for color that’s a rich brown leather color which is traditional to many items offered such as Tony Lama Cowboy boots and Indian’s own colored seat available as an option. I like the brown as it stands out from all the black leather seats out there and adds to the Vintage look of the bike.

On a closing note, horse saddles have always been brown as were early cycle seats. This begs the question, when did Black became the color of choice for cycle seats? Time for me to do some investigative research.

7. 7 Blackmax Feb 26th, 2014 at 4:55 pm

So until the 2015 models come out
    (and i think there will be a long distance tour pack for the Cheiftain) we have this…
    Good enough from a solid company, if you can’t wait and I’d want it in Black …..

8. 8 curly Feb 27th, 2014 at 1:05 am

who thought of this,a two year old maybe,the most ridiculous thing I have seen since the big Victory

9. 9 Boomer Feb 27th, 2014 at 7:54 am

Pretty much a standard look for the Corbin “Smuggler” style back boxes. It would be better to see the entire bike in the pictures. Kinda hard to make an opinion the way they are currently pictured.

The seat looks just fine to me.

10. 10 Doc Robinson Feb 27th, 2014 at 7:58 am

Well judging by the comments posted above, beauty truly must be in the eye of the beholder. Mike Corbin has a proven track record over many years in designing practical and stylish products. As far as it being a “pod hanging out in the middle of nowhere”, in order for it to serve as a backrest for the pillion passenger, it has to be situated exactly where it is. Given this limitation, I think Mike has done a bang up job in bringing this trunk box to market.

11. 11 oldude Feb 27th, 2014 at 9:34 am

Looks like the ass of a bumblebee !

12. 12 Tom D Feb 27th, 2014 at 10:33 am

Trunks belong on Cars!

13. 13 Woody Feb 27th, 2014 at 10:24 pm

@Boomer here’s a full view from Corbin’s site http://www.corbin.com/indexnew1.jpg compared to that fairing and bags, the new trunk looks pretty good. Sorry, but the new Indian bagger makes me barf. With that impressive-looking engine, I really want to like them but they just don’t work for me.

14. 14 JackS Feb 28th, 2014 at 7:46 am

Way to go Corbin! Nice timely product.

15. 15 Boomer Feb 28th, 2014 at 8:51 am

@Woody: Thanks for the link. The trunk does look a bit out of place but then so do most trunks. I hope it is a quick release type trunk like those on the Victory Cross Country touring bikes. I personally take mine off when not in use for traveling. The bike simply handles better without it. It is nice to have that extra space though. I’ve been grocery shopping with my XC more than a few times. ;)

16. 16 K.B Treib Feb 28th, 2014 at 2:25 pm

As a new Indian Chieftain owner I am curious as to when you may have a Flag mount for Patriot guard riders. I have the setup for my HD Ultra Classic but need one for the Indian.

17. 17 Brett Mar 1st, 2014 at 2:19 pm

It might be a bagger, but the same frame at the other models just less rake, so it is not a touring bike…..people try comparing it to a Street Glide, but it is more like a Heritage Softail with a fairing & hard bags….maybe more like the Dyna Switchback…

Before even considering a Polaris Indian, I will wait for 2015 when other models come out, like a Scout & a real touring bike, which will have the truing frame & a tour pack

Indian Motorcycle