Motorcycle USA Closing Digital Publication

motorcycleusa.comEffective today February 26, 2016, Motorcycle USA, with offices in Medford, Oregon and Irvine, California is winding down operations for the digital publication. The process commences with today being the last day of production and employment of all team members associated with the business.

The magazine states that “digital publishing has faced growing obstacles in recent years as paid vs non-paid sites are continuing to find the right balance of content production and monetization.”  As a result, MAG Media Group has been exploring numerous options for the business over the last year which culminated in this decision to close it.

10 Responses to “Motorcycle USA Closing Digital Publication”

1. 1 Larry Feb 26th, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Publishing a digital magazine the way a magazine is printed is a huge mistake. Web readers don’t turn pages as they do with a printed mag. Articles were difficult to read going from one page to the other. It’s a shame because some articles were good, but I gave up reading because it was too difficult and unpleasant.

2. 2 B. Garner Feb 26th, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Cyril’s digital gig is the best designed and the easiest to navigate. Articles not too short or too long. Hey MAG, buy him…if he wants.

3. 3 Josh Brady Feb 26th, 2016 at 5:18 pm

Some good reports. Very unappealing format.

4. 4 Aloha Terry Feb 26th, 2016 at 9:48 pm

I had these guys book marked for years and read them almost every day. But ,the world is changing and bite sized info blasts is what the world is coming to or maybe going to…so I bid them adios. I personally will miss them and wish all the guys and gals who worked there good luck. I will miss the in depth articles and tests they did have.

5. 5 JohnnySpeed Feb 27th, 2016 at 1:25 am

That’s too bad. I was a regular visitor. I prefer long form, in depth articles over tiny little paragraphs that are usually little more than product placements, but unfortunately I seem to be in the minority these days.

6. 6 Mark Scheffer Feb 27th, 2016 at 6:08 am

Cyril got the right digital formula.

7. 7 bigalyts Feb 28th, 2016 at 12:47 pm

Cyril, they were a good platform for staying alive in your business. Whatever they did, don’t do it.

8. 8 Blackmax Mar 1st, 2016 at 4:41 pm

I’m Flabbergasted !!!!
    I always thought that they were big enough to survive the e-tech/cyber wars.
    right after Cyril’s blog, they were my go-to source for cycle e-news.
    Kudo to all of thier fine staff & especially to Brian Harley,
    who I met at last year’s V-twin Expo by chance.
    We talked & he gave me very encouraging advice at a very low period.
    Good Luck, Sir & to all of you !!!!!

9. 9 Blackmax Mar 1st, 2016 at 4:42 pm

I’m Flabbergasted !!!

10. 10 Blackmax Mar 1st, 2016 at 4:46 pm

I always thought they were big enough to weather the e-tech/cyber wars
    After Cyril’s blog they were my go-to source for immediate cycle news
    Congrats go out to a great staff & especially Brian Harley,
    who I met at last year’s V-Twin Expo, quite by chance.
    He gave me some real encouraging advice during a very low period
    & he didn’t know me from Adam !!!!
    Thank You, Sir & Kudos to you all !!!!
    You will be missed !!!!