New Concept. Samsung Smart Windshield.

The Samsung Smart Windshield is supposed to be designed with safety in mind. It connects to your smartphone and it uses a small projector to provide information on your windshield, like phone calls, text message and navigation data. Safety concept or added distraction?

17 Responses to “New Concept. Samsung Smart Windshield.”

1. 1 Brandon Mar 31st, 2016 at 8:21 am

I am AGAINST.

2. 2 Chief Waldo Mar 31st, 2016 at 9:14 am

Smart windshields… for stupid riders.

3. 3 cafesportytc Mar 31st, 2016 at 9:56 am

yeah, great , another distraction, another rider killing device…

4. 4 MMA Mar 31st, 2016 at 10:29 am

I am sure it’s not an all or nothing proposition, that some of the functionality could be toggled on or off, such as the text function, or GPS function. Interesting idea.

My bike has no windshield…

5. 5 BobS Mar 31st, 2016 at 10:43 am

Good idea on paper, potentially horrible idea in practice. I could see if an infrared image of deer in the road lit up ahead of my headlight that would be nice but I think a HUD display for things like navigation and text messages would decrease safety.

6. 6 richards Mar 31st, 2016 at 11:51 am

BOOOOOO!!!

7. 7 Most Hated Mar 31st, 2016 at 12:37 pm

It in only a dangerous distraction if you are an idiot. Cars have had this technology for the past 20+ years to aid in safety.

8. 8 Boots Mar 31st, 2016 at 3:28 pm

I ride my bike to get away from those types of distractions! That small thing called a cell phone is already enough a distraction but least I can put it in my jacket pocket or saddlebags and deal with it when I make a stop.

9. 9 1550tc Mar 31st, 2016 at 6:28 pm

love the tech but like the guy above said Smart windshields… for stupid riders.
    riding with ear buds on is bad enough for me 🙁

10. 10 Scott Apr 1st, 2016 at 6:26 am

The only difference between this and the infotainment system on a HD is the viewing screen. They didn’t make any claims that aren’t already available.

11. 11 Emmett Apr 1st, 2016 at 7:52 am

LMFAO! A windshield is distraction enough for me watching the bugs land on their dead buddies.
    Or on my flat face shield.

12. 12 Shanedrive Apr 1st, 2016 at 8:22 am

O.k. I gotta jump on the band wagon………
    I too prefer to get away from technology (and everything else) when on the bike.

That said, I’d like to see this work on a bright sunny day. 😉

13. 13 RBinTEX Apr 1st, 2016 at 9:51 am

military Pilots have had this feature for years.
    It will eventually find a place with the motorcycle people.
    (Maybe with racers?)

14. 14 Blackmax Apr 2nd, 2016 at 6:24 am

No, no, no, no , NO !!!!
    The Rushmore & Indian info centers are distractions enough
    How much more information do we need when we are riding
    I thought the whole point was to get away from all of that stuff

15. 15 Woody's Apr 3rd, 2016 at 1:48 pm

I can see it as a plus if used to project colored “idiot lights” like for low fuel, turn signal activated, etc. Not sure if viewing a speedometer image near the bottom of a windshield could be any more of a distraction than looking down at one mounted in a gas tank.

16. 16 Andygears Apr 3rd, 2016 at 7:37 pm

A big plus is that you can now kill yourself by texting and riding instead of another person’s texting killing you. Truly become ” Master of your own destiny”. DUMB!

17. 17 Brian J Apr 6th, 2016 at 2:05 pm

Can I get a noise level meter so I can measure how my loud pipes save lives buddies are doing?

HardDrive