Suspension Spring Struts

Kustomtech1Kustomtech3A part more about beauty than about suspension comfort and ultra performance, these chrome spring struts look awesome on Harley XL or FL-FX models. They are 11” long from center to center eye mount and fit on all H-D bikes with 1/2” shock mounting studs.

They can be mounted either with spring on top or bottom and will lower the rear of a stock Harley (check clearance tire to fende after installation) Will require replacement of top and bottom silent blocks sold by same company. Two models available. For XK with a softer spring and one for FX/FL with harder spring. Shipping worldwide. Only in chrome. At Kustom Tech Italy.

15 Responses to “Suspension Spring Struts”

1. 1 Chris Mallard Jun 19th, 2016 at 9:26 am

Wonder how it feels to ride on these shocks. Looks first, I guess.

2. 2 Roberto Jun 19th, 2016 at 10:53 am

It is better to look good than to feel good.

3. 3 Joshua Jun 19th, 2016 at 11:07 am

Yep, looking very good.

4. 4 Gerald Jun 19th, 2016 at 11:10 am

Will not compete with Progressive Suspension products, but great for a radical custom.

5. 5 Patrick Bunel Jun 19th, 2016 at 11:11 am

Does it make a difference to put the spring on top or bottom? Anyone knows?

6. 6 domino Jun 19th, 2016 at 1:24 pm

These will be great for your retro “Digger” …. For me?? Not in my older age …
    ……………………..Domino Dave…………………………….

7. 7 BobS Jun 19th, 2016 at 1:39 pm

If it doesn’t improve the ride it doesn’t get near my bike.

8. 8 Cantrell Jun 19th, 2016 at 4:34 pm

These are not shocks as they have there is no valving inside. Strictly a small diameter coil spring guided by a steel shaft and probably a bushing. This is an old design that made the rounds in the late 60’s and possibly earlier. Saw them mainly on Sportsters. If the bike weight exceeds the spring rate then the unit can bottom and give a nice thump in your rear side. I would also think they might get to po-going or bouncing on rough roads. The ride will be the same with the spring at the top or the bottom. Running the spring on top you might collect water in the larger tube. If you want suspension use a coilover shock. If not get a rigid frame. At $390.00 EU I would tend to build my one as they are very simple in design and construction. Nothing against Kustom Tech. Spend your money as you best see fit. have Fun!

Cantrell

9. 9 P. Hamilton Jun 20th, 2016 at 6:47 am

Cyril used the words Spring Struts, not Shocks. There is a reason.

10. 10 bigalyts Jun 20th, 2016 at 9:04 am

If I was going to buy something that looked good and will not be comfortable, I would buy a pair of Crocodile Cowboy Boots from Justin in a 14, even though I wear a 16 and they do not make them in my Size. At least they my Feet would look great!

11. 11 zyon Jun 20th, 2016 at 9:19 am

First you go buy struts for your swing arm bike to give you that rigid feel because you are too cheap/unskilled or unwilling to convert your swing arm bike to a rigid frame. Then you realize that the rigid feel is killer on pothole roads so you change to a sprung strut. This might be one of the lamest “hipster” products of the year. If you want a rigid feel, spend the same amount of money and get a TC Bros rigid rear section and weld it on. I have 3″ springs under the seat on my current rigid and at 230 lbs, I rarely bottom out. That’s more than I can say about these struts.

12. 12 Captain Kirk Jun 20th, 2016 at 9:21 am

Donnie Smith of Mpls MN had designed and mfg. this product back in the 1980s. “Old is New”.

13. 13 X HD Rider Jun 20th, 2016 at 10:50 am

Donnie Smith had a great idea there. They work great. You could change springs to get the ride you wanted for your bike.

14. 14 Badams Jun 20th, 2016 at 8:57 pm

Great points in the posts. Rather ride a rigid or fab a set than bet on Garage door springs, round stock and rubber bushings dipped in chrome. Kustom Tech makes some really cool stuff, so these will probably sell, but I gotta pass on these.

15. 15 rebel Jun 22nd, 2016 at 10:29 am

I think Arlen Ness did this in ’62

Thrifty Rent-A-Car System, Inc.
Affliction Holdings, LLC