The Steampunk Collection. The “Diva” By Artist David Uhl

daviduhlsteampunkThe Steampunk Collection of 3 paintings by David Uhl has enjoyed boundless success. This 4th piece is very important to him. His model is daughter Isabella, an accomplished opera singer, recently graduated from high school. Bella is headed to San Francisco soon to hone her craft and spread her wings…

In David’s words, “That bittersweet moment parents experience is upon me, feelings of dread and overwhelming pride fill my heart. My little opera princess has grown into a lovely woman and will be leaving for the San Francisco Conservatory on scholarship. My Steampunk series seemed the ideal whimsical vehicle to capture her before her departure. Since she was 3 she has embraced the famous play “Phantom of the Opera”. I have heard her perform this musical score countless times throughout her life, and I chose this theme to optimally manifest our two art forms. The background of this piece is inspired by George Grie featuring the birthplace of the story, the amazing “Opera Garner” in Paris.”

David has the first print here in Deadwood today. The gallery is set up here at the Gold Dust Casino in Deadwood, SD. He can’t wait to see the response when people see it in person. If you are a Steampunk series collector and want to continue with this one, please respond ASAP. Current owners of the first 3 Steampunk Collection pieces have first right of refusal on collecting their matching edition numbers on “The Diva”. Once David has heard back from all of them, his agent can begin slotting in other buyers, based on when you respond.

David will also be offering a limited number of hand-embellished prints in each size. This piece will look amazing with the embellishments! If you are interested contact Greg Rhodes, International Sales Director, 303-913-4840.

Edition specifics:

Image size 18 x 24, edition of 60 plus 10 Artist Proofs and 14 Hors d’ Commerce, framed price $1,295

Image size 24 x 32, edition of 60 plus 10 Artist Proofs and 14 Hors d’ Commerce, framed price $1,895

Image size 30 x 40, edition of 30 plus 7 Artist Proofs and 12 Hors d’ Commerce, framed price $2,895

14 Responses to “The Steampunk Collection. The “Diva” By Artist David Uhl”

1. 1 BOSS HAWG Aug 4th, 2016 at 8:48 am

WOW…I for one love David’s work and have the utmost respect, he is the best.

As for his daughter Isabella and the Steampunk art, she is posing for her father as a proud model. One would be a true perverted sexual deviant to think otherwise!

BOSS HAWG

2. 2 Alex Aug 4th, 2016 at 8:49 am

If you’re creeped out that your daughter would be in such a picture, but not creeped out that any other women would be, then there’s some sort of disconnect going on. If you are in the business of creating images like this, you have to believe that there’s nothing inherently wrong with images like this, and if there’s nothing inherently wrong with them, why does it matter if your daughter is your model?

3. 3 Woody's Aug 4th, 2016 at 9:17 am

Nice concept art, and certainly the model is portrayed much more modestly than some of the spandex-clad cottage cheese we’ll see displayed in Sturgis soon ☺

4. 4 BOSS HAWG Aug 4th, 2016 at 4:33 pm

@ JohnnySpeed

You openly posted your thoughts and innuendos, therefore, you must answer your own question and should not defer to me.

Enjoy
    BOSS HAWG

5. 5 Woody's Aug 4th, 2016 at 5:32 pm

2JSpped Before the usual internet escalations can arise, you did ask the general public, “or is it just me” and the answer so far seems to be, “yes, it’s just you”. That said, it’s very possible that this is all much to do about nothing-how does anyone know his daughter didn’t pose in a tennis frock or shorts & a tank top? An artist of Mr. Uhl’s talents doesn’t need a model to wear a superman suit to paint a picture of that person as superman.

6. 6 James just another crazy kiwi Aug 4th, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Wow it is a Science Fantasy peice of Art work. She is wearing allot more than many young Women wear out on a Saturday night. First thing I thought was Lord of the Rings but then I do live in Middle Earth lol.

Johny it is only provocative or overly sexualised to you. Maybe you need to have a good look at where those thoughts are coming from. just saying perhaps you are the one with the problem ?

To me she looks like an Elf off Lord of the rings. I hope she never gets to read your perverted remarks.

7. 7 James just another crazy kiwi Aug 4th, 2016 at 8:14 pm

PS wonder if she charged him model rates lol

8. 8 coma Aug 5th, 2016 at 7:36 am

It sure is creepy to paint your own daughter in a neglige, in a kitsch opera setting and with an incongruously exhaust-piped panhead thrown in for good measure. I wonder what the dude in the boat has to say to all that once he’s made it to the shore 🙂

9. 9 Brian D Aug 5th, 2016 at 10:00 am

Cool painting.

10. 10 Cris Sommer-Simmons Aug 5th, 2016 at 7:08 pm

As a woman, who also knows David and his family, I see nothing wrong here. She’s wearing a “costume” people. Showing way less than most girls her age. Sure, she’s a beautiful girl, but I see this as art and can’t believe anyone would think it was anything more. I love David’s work, he’s very talented. He loves his family and his daughter sings beautiful opera too!

11. 11 New York myke Aug 5th, 2016 at 8:13 pm

What an amazing painting, it’s got everything that celebrates the world of David’s art and the things in his life and the passion that drives him. My wife Petrina and I have had the privilage of being with Isabella when she decided to break out in song and here’s David portraying her leaping off the canvis with that same colorful and spontaneous attitude! There is nothing less here than an obvious expression of a father celebrating and sharing his love and his pride in his extremely talented daughter and fellow artist! Bravo my friend, and Thankyou, we can hardly wait for another opportunity to spend time with your family again!

12. 12 Doc Robinson Aug 6th, 2016 at 7:41 pm

Thanks Cris Sommer-Simmons for adding some intelligence to the comments. Respect.

13. 13 Blackmax Aug 8th, 2016 at 4:49 pm

I’ve held off just because….
    As Doc said, Thank You Ms. Sommer-Simmons
    for injecting common sense into the discussion !!!!

14. 14 Sam Aug 15th, 2016 at 4:57 pm

I usually like his work. I don’t care for this one though.