Jesse James Signs Deal With NRA For Second Amendment-Themed Apparel Line

JJNRAWest Coast Choppers CEO Jesse James and the National Rifle Association announced a new licensing deal that will see the custom bike and firearms maker venture into Second Amendment-themed apparel. The branded clothing line, NRA Originals, will launch later this summer with hats and shirts.

James gained notoriety through a series of TV shows on the Discovery Channel showcasing his signature style and custom motorcycles. His “outlaw persona” has gathered a large fan base — one the NRA hopes to tap into. The gun lobby group said in a release that James’ tenacious business and marketing approach as well as his savvy design capability are what drove the organization to add him to their roster.

“The NRA is excited about Jesse’s NRA Originals line of product and what it brings to the organization. We feel even more fortunate to have him with us in this fight for freedom,” NRA Executive Director Kyle Weaver said in a statement. James is no stranger to firearms and gear. In 2013, the craftsman launched Jesse James Firearms Unlimited. Based out of gun-friendly Texas, J.J.F.U. offers high-end 1911s, ARs, and suppressors with James’ rugged flare.

The partnership was an obvious one for James, who said he hopes to bring his unique style to the NRA brand. “I am a lifetime NRA member. I am very proud to have this partnership with an organization with such deep Americana roots,” James said in a statement. “My main goal with NRA Originals is to create products that embrace that American lifestyle, and celebrate the support of the Second Amendment.” (Photo @ National Rifle Association)

56 Responses to “Jesse James Signs Deal With NRA For Second Amendment-Themed Apparel Line”

1. 1 richards Aug 9th, 2016 at 9:50 am

We need to close the loopholes i gun registration. For example, people on the “NO FLY LIST” should not be able to purchase a gun! The nra is in the pockets of the gun and ammo lobbies. Gee…what an impressive pose. jesse looks like pawn for the nra.
    PS…Cyril, In my opinion, this posting is inappropriate in a motorcycle blog..

2. 2 18Bravo Aug 9th, 2016 at 9:54 am

Well…
    I’m thinking they might have wanted to go with someone who knows how to shoot. Not a hater, just – well look at my handle. In Motorcycle Mania III when he went shooting, he displays very poor technique and stance when shooting a pistol. Oh wait, it’s National RIFLE Association. Never mind.

3. 3 Devils Advocate Aug 9th, 2016 at 10:00 am

Aint that ever so sweet ! The NRA ‘ Blackshirts ‘ now signing on with a substance addled NN thug . And people ask me why after decades of membership I finally told the NRA where to shove it . Complete with explicit directions .

FYI ; richards . I agree completely and whole heartedly . We’ve got enough NeoFascist nonsense going on what with the rise of Trump , militarized police forces across the US and NRA ‘ Blackshirts ‘ making a mockery of those who gave their all to defeat fascism in WWII without it appearing on a M/C website as well . And in reality considering Cyril’s place of origin . He of all people ought to know better . Much better in fact .

4. 4 Tom Ryan Aug 9th, 2016 at 10:01 am

Any lib who doesn’t want to call a cop or protect themselves or family with a gun when they’re beat up, robbed, or shot at, might want to call 1(800) AL SHARPTON for protection.

5. 5 zipper Aug 9th, 2016 at 10:05 am

Cyril dose it again. Richards couldn’t have said it better. Just who the second amendment supporters need to represent them, “a man with an Outlaw Persona”. If anyone should not have a gun it’s JJ.

6. 6 Jimmy Mc Aug 9th, 2016 at 10:07 am

Not sure how these two things connect, but proud of Jesse for standing up to the socialist elite and defending our constitution and American ‘rights’. I am personally embarrassed by the postings here that attack Jesse, the NRA and the American heartland. The NRA – the only organization in this country that protects and defends our constitution – rather than trying to destroy it piece by piece.

7. 7 Darrel Aug 9th, 2016 at 11:11 am

Will he ever be gone????

8. 8 John H Aug 9th, 2016 at 11:16 am

Well Gee Wiz Cyril,
    You have a lot of nerve posting an article about a guy who got his start in the MC biz, then lost everything to a less than noble lifestyle, only to climb out of the sewer and reclaim his life and notoriety! I can’t believe the infantile comments from the left with regards to JJ being a skilled metal worker improving his craft by branching out to an industry that’s product is protected by an Amendment in the Constitution of the United States of America.
    Freedom is not free.
    There is no such thing as loopholes for gun registration.

9. 9 Chuck C. Aug 9th, 2016 at 11:20 am

you could have gotten Bozo for less money and a better face for the NRA.

10. 10 Brian D Aug 9th, 2016 at 11:40 am

Haters gonna hate. Long live the second amendment.

11. 11 KneesintheBreeze Aug 9th, 2016 at 11:46 am

Let the butt hurt flow. I’m amazed at the number of liberal, anti-second amendment people there are reading a motorcycle blog. If you’re against freedom and the constitution, then you probably don’t belong in the motorcycle world to begin with.
    Oh – and the hate towards JJ is laughable, if not pathetic! What the @$%k have any of you ever accomplished in the industry? #ArmchairBuilders

12. 12 Bob Athey Aug 9th, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Sounds like you haters want Quiet gun ownership. Quiet gun ownership won’t keep your 2nd Amendment Rights.

13. 13 NoH2oh Aug 9th, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Zipper, why exactly do you think Jesse James should not have a gun?
    Because he looks a certain way? Acts a certain way?

14. 14 Woody's Aug 9th, 2016 at 3:36 pm

2 zipper, Actagencieskchard could have said MUCH better. The no-fly list is, has, and always will be playing with the names of people who are on it by mistake. Anybody here advocating that kind of connection with your voting rights? Considering what we’ve seen lately with the IRS and other agencies , I’m not all that keen on having any government paper pusher able to stick folks on a list that would take away guns with no good redress. There have been people trying to get their asses off the no-fly list for months at a time after they were put on it because their name was spelled the same as someone else or other flimsy reasons.

15. 15 JohnnySpeed Aug 9th, 2016 at 4:51 pm

Wow. Also yikes.

16. 16 Septic the Sceptic Aug 9th, 2016 at 5:44 pm

I thought bikers were supposd to value their “freedom”. Judging from some of the responses here, I guess not.

17. 17 SYF Aug 9th, 2016 at 6:02 pm

What Septic said.
    Quit drinking the Kool Aid.

18. 18 Uthinkuknowme Aug 9th, 2016 at 6:07 pm

I am a gun toting, God fearing, proud conservative Biker here. Thanks Cyril for posting this article. I’m wondering how many liberals that posted on here take advantage of the freedom offered in the USA? Remember freedom is never free.

19. 19 Roberto Aug 10th, 2016 at 4:54 am

democRATS on a mc blog….

20. 20 Dave Blevins Aug 10th, 2016 at 5:42 am

I like the NRA. I agree with the 2nd amendment. I am glad our fellow citizen Cyril Huze posted this article, proving every day our free press is still alive. As for Jesse James, he’s just an American businessman doing business… if you don’t like that, you don’t have to buy his stuff.

21. 21 John J. TEXAS Aug 10th, 2016 at 7:16 am

That rifle has no front brake!
    Shop Smart!

22. 22 Mutt Aug 10th, 2016 at 7:40 am

Live by the gun, die by the Gun! Morons.

23. 23 Stein Aug 10th, 2016 at 7:43 am

What’s with all the Hillary supporters posting here/!

24. 24 calif phil Aug 10th, 2016 at 8:13 am

Good on Cyril for the Aritcle, Good on JJ for promoting the 2nd amendment, Good on the NRA for protecting our rights.

MAGA

25. 25 been there done that Aug 10th, 2016 at 8:19 am

I carry a gun cause I can’t carry a cop

26. 26 Scooterroid Aug 10th, 2016 at 8:25 am

Let’s hope OCC follows JJ’s lead and starts producing guns. Then, when they get a new show instead of yelling, throwing things and breaking doors they can simply start shooting at each other like a real family.

27. 27 RBinTEX Aug 10th, 2016 at 8:41 am

I carry a gun because a cop just weighs too damned much!

28. 28 FlaNativ Aug 10th, 2016 at 8:45 am

Wow, the minions crawled out from under their rocks…..

29. 29 paparay Aug 10th, 2016 at 9:12 am

Richmond and all his complaining friend give me a break

30. 30 bilbo baggins Aug 10th, 2016 at 9:18 am

With Hilary heading to a victory in the election and 5 supreme court justices ready to die or retire, not to worry about gun registration. Her appointed supreme court justices will throw out our second amendment and we will ALL lose our right to bear arms. Be afraid folks, be very afraid!! I might move back to the shire.

31. 31 burnout Aug 10th, 2016 at 10:07 am

Daaaaaaaam! I am amazed at the number off readers whose ass has no smell. peace

32. 32 Shanedrive Aug 10th, 2016 at 10:10 am

I’d rather live with dangerous freedom than peaceful slavery. Just sayin’

33. 33 Woody's Aug 10th, 2016 at 12:50 pm

What’s that line-“Those who beat their swords into plowshares always end up plowing for those who didn’t.”?
    I think back to those poor folks at the concert in France, huddled in a corner with their cellphones, texting, “he’s coming”. Bet they would have traded those phones for large bore handguns in an instant, or at least been willing to cower behind those who did have them. Likewise, these recent machete attacks around the world would end very quickly in some local diners around my city.

34. 34 rebel Aug 10th, 2016 at 1:13 pm

this was a natural move for Jesse and the NRA, Make America Great Again !!!!!!!!!!!!

35. 35 fltom Aug 10th, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Thank You Cyril for the very informative blog. Many of these responses make me embarrassed to say that I am associated with a group of such ill-informed liberal assholes. It’s your blog and you are free to write on any and every issue that you see fit…If any of the readers don’t agree with your choices, then they are free to not subscribe to YOUR blog….Just shut up and move on. And to compare JJ to OCC shows total ignorance.

Malon Labe

36. 36 nicker Aug 10th, 2016 at 10:27 pm

This is a very simple proposition.
    When more than one Police chief announces in public that you should be prepared to defend yourself because their departments can’t do it for you… that, in itself, should be enough of a proverbial “Word to the wise.”

Us old guys find it much easier to rely on a weapon for protection, so if an organization is able to lobby for our unencumbered access to such tool we should be all for it. And whatever spokespersons they decide to employ to get the message out, well that’s their call. No one is asking you to like the person or process, as long as it works.

Strip the political spectrum to its essentials and two types emerge, the “Collectivists” and the “Individualists.” Which type do you suppose the classic American Biker fits into…???

-nicker-
    (and which do you suppose represents the Bed-Wetters?)

37. 37 Hillbilly Jim Aug 10th, 2016 at 11:04 pm

I don’t think motorcycles and politics mix well. If it isn’t a helmet or MC licence issue then stay away Cyril. Just a dumb ass Hillbilly’s opinion.

38. 38 James just another crazy kiwi Aug 11th, 2016 at 7:45 pm

As a very Southern Sophisticated Hillbillie I agree with Jim.

Outlaw politics and politicians !!

39. 39 nicker Aug 11th, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Jim are you old enough to remember Joan Claybrook trying to legislate motorcycles off the road…???

Some of us are and its the “politics” in which you don’t want to get involved that gives people like her and Hillary cover to ride roughshod over the rest of us, if we keep quite….

In a free society staying out of politics isn’t an option (unless you don’t care to remain free).

-nicker-

40. 40 James just another crazy kiwi Aug 12th, 2016 at 3:01 am

Yea but nicker this not an ABATE site and does this mean JJ is voting for Trump. I would rather Putin my leader than any of your American politicians……………just saying

41. 41 blu dog Aug 12th, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Both sides just keep drinking the KoolAde and the rational suffer. James, how tough is it to get a work visa in NZ?

42. 42 spaz Aug 12th, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Remember way back in the early 2000’s? When Jesse James was this cool custom bike builder, welder, and industry rebel? What the heck turned him into a wacko conservative NRA nut? Bummer.

43. 43 nicker Aug 12th, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Well, may be JJ realized that the government (socialist republic of CA) would just as soon run him out’a business…

And if the American Biker’s politics is limited to ABATE issues… well they can count o becoming slaves to the Global Socialist Ant farm..

-nicker-

44. 44 NoH2oh Aug 13th, 2016 at 5:02 am

“Wacko conservative NRA nut”…..

Wow.

45. 45 Heavy Metal Aug 13th, 2016 at 7:38 am

I’m not affected by Jesse’s involvement with the NRA. I build my own motorcycles and care for my own guns.

46. 46 nicker Aug 13th, 2016 at 11:25 pm

NoH2oh…..

Reality can a cruel task master. Especially tough on Bed-wetters.

But no amount of Utopian wishful thinking can justify “the incapable (meek?) trying to inherent the earth” by climbing onto the backs of the capable. No amount of yammering (about the NRA) changes that fact…..

Biker up or go take up Golf.

-nicker-

47. 47 Git Real Aug 14th, 2016 at 9:31 am

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution reads: A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed…..

I for one wholeheartedly support the 2nd Amendment, Jesse James, Ted Nugent, Donald Trump, the NRA and ALL of its members…I also live in Florida and wholeheartedly support Florida’s Castle Doctrine.

Let me make it simple and clear for all you liberal wannabe’s…I have fought for our rights to keep this country free …therefore threaten me or any of my family’s health/safety and you will be responded to accordingly with the manner of force, including deadly force, that I so choose!

Like Nicker says above Biker Up!

Now Git Real!

48. 48 J Aug 14th, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Wow- where did all the Hillary pussywhips here come from? Is TMZ swapping links with Cyril?

Lost in their ignorance is the irony- the ENTIRE point of the Second Amendment is to prevent ANYONE from passing arbitrary and capricious judgement on who and who doesn’t get to arm themselves, because that is the fundamental basis of Democracy, yet, here we see idiots taking it upon themselves to “decide” who and who doesn’t “deserve” a gun because they think that they’re smarter than the Second Amendment;

Geniuses. You’re gonna love bending over for Hillary.

49. 49 Chris Aug 15th, 2016 at 5:02 pm

I don’t have time to worry about this. I’m still building my bunker that many here warned I’d need when Obama turned America into a Socialist caliphate.

Time is running out; it either happens in the next few months or all of the internet patrolling fear-mongers are living deluded lives of fantasy. Time will tell.

I own guns. I like shooting guns. America has a real problem with gun violence that exists nowhere else in the developed world. Being honest about these facts will require some compromise. Since nobody seems willing to see the forest for the trees, I guess I’ll just keep digging my bunker and sewing a hijab for my wife.

50. 50 Blackmax Aug 16th, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Whoa !!!
    Again when the heck did this turn into a political blog ?????
    So be it !!!
    Got no problem with Jesse, he’s just doing what he’s doing …
    As the owner of several legally purchased guns, (yes, I know that scares some of you)
    I do have a problem with the NRA .
    Ok so, I believe in the 2nd amendment, but do you really think the founding fathers
    ever took into account the problems & difficulties of TODAY’S reality ???
    Psychopaths, Sociopaths, terrorists both foreign & domestic, mass shootings / school shootings,
    hijackings & the list go on & on. If you’re on a no-fly list you’re there for a reason
    & No you don;t get tp buy a gun !
    If you are on the FBI or any kind of law enforcement list, you don;t get to buy a gun !
    If you are on there & you don’t belong there, there are legal remedies you can take to get off the list.!
    I’m sure I will get accused ok kowtowing to the gov’t / the Man / Whatever
    I do believe in the Rule of Law & order vs. chaos…
    The same reason I believe that if I get stopped by a cop, that’s not the time to be a smart ass !!
    So I comply, whatever he / she says, if they are out of line there are legal remedies to handle it
    afterwards ! Nobody but the cop wins at a traffic stop & God knows it does not need to escalate due to something stupid I say or do !!!
    This election we are ALL going to lose
    The choice between an egotistical self-promoting huckster or a lying murderer is no choice at all !
    Don’t let them divide us because as bikers we’re on the fringe, anyway
    if we don’t stick together, they will hang us all seperately !!!

51. 51 Mike Aug 17th, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Wow, Cyril only posted an announcement ! Lots o anger out there . I love guns!

52. 52 Mike Aug 17th, 2016 at 7:10 pm

As one other blogger said , if you don’t like it don’t buy it. I didn’t know that liberals rode Harley’s! Aren’t they scarey machines? 😁

53. 53 Mike Aug 17th, 2016 at 7:13 pm

I didn’t know that liberals rode Harley’s ! Aren’t they scarey machines?😜

54. 54 nicker Aug 17th, 2016 at 10:47 pm

RE:
    “… when the heck did this turn into a political blog ?????…”

When you realize that the basic proposition playing out in contemporary politics is one side trying to make us all “Equal”…. Engineering the lowest common denominator Human Ant Farm.

But by definition the true American Motorcyclist, the rugged, self sufficient individual Is Different….
    So there is the Political Connection.

-nicker-

55. 55 Blackmax Aug 18th, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Yo “Nicker”
    I’m on the same side you are …
    But I repeat, you can be that “rugged, self-sufficient individual”
    But if (when) they come after you (as they tend to do with non-conformists from time to time)
    There is strength in numbers vs. being alone !
    Time & time again bikers have proven that old saying to be true

56. 56 Mike Aug 18th, 2016 at 7:04 pm